Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,604 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed (5561 Views)

Man, 25, Kills Wife’s Lover; Another Poisons 4-yr-old Son / Man Stabs Wife To Death, Kills Self In Ogun Village / Man Stabs Wife To Death For Bearing Female Children. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by Abagworo(m): 2:33am On May 21, 2010
•I still love my wife, she is a loyal housewife –Suspect
From NGOZI UWUJARE, Ibadan
Friday, May 21, 2010
The suspects
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

A man in Ogun State, has applied the Mosaic law of “an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth,” by stabbing to death, his wife’s lover, after he caught them in the act of making love in their matrimonial bed. The tragic incident occurred at Iyana Ilogbo, Sango Ota, Ogun State.

The suspect, Abdul Adekile (not real name) 25, was said to have come back home that fateful day, to behold the victim, Musibau Olapade, on top of his wife, Bunmi (not real name) and decided to bring the amourous relationship to a tragic end.

“I left home for work at about 7.00 am and came back home to give my wife some money to prepare food, only to find the door securely locked. I knocked on the door several times and called her many times but there was no response. I had to break the door, only to find my wife and Olapade stark naked on the bed,” he said.
According to him, his wife quickly ran away, while a fight ensued between him and the “lover boy.” “I stabbed him when he attempted to escape. I didn’t know he was going to die,” Adekile was quoted as telling the detectives investigating him.

The suspect, from Owode Local Government Area of Ogun State, explained that they had been married for the past four years, with a child who is now late. Ironically, the suspect described his wife as a loyal housewife, adding that he never suspected her to be unfaithful to him.

He said: “Since we got married four years ago, I never suspected her to be cheating on me. I was provoked. I’m an orphan, I still love her, I had never raised my hand against her before,” he bemoaned.
Bunmi, 24, who spoke to Daily Sun described the victim as her lover. According to her, her deceased lover gave her N500 that day before she agreed to make love with him in their matrimonial home.

“My husband knocked on the door and we didn’t open it, and when he gained entry into the room, I was tying my wrapper without underwear. They started fighting while I ran out of the house. When Olopade tried to escape, my husband stabbed him on the back.” Bunmi, who claimed to be a Togolese, said she was three years old when her elder sister brought her to Nigeria.

After the murder, it was members of the Odua Peoples Congress (OPC), who arrested and handed Adekile to the police. The state Police Commissioner, Mr. Musa Daura, said the suspect would be prosecuted after investigation.
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by Nobody: 7:46am On May 21, 2010
The court must set him free whenever he is docked. The 'manslaughter' is justified by the provocation/humiliation of catching a bloo.dy goat bleeping his wife ON HIS VERY OWN MATRIMONIAL BED. I would have done even worse.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by Katsumoto: 8:00am On May 21, 2010
They should free the poor man. What were they expecting him to do, to go and buy cold drinks for them and then fan then afterwards?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by Nobody: 8:03am On May 21, 2010
The wife dey stupid.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by ElRazur: 8:06am On May 21, 2010
Yeah, this is politics.
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by Nobody: 8:08am On May 21, 2010
Katsumoto:

They should free the poor man. What were they expecting him to do, to go and buy cold drinks for them and then fan then afterwards?

Lol. I tire oh, e suppose stab the wife join sef.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by dustydee: 8:19am On May 21, 2010
The fact is he murdered someone, this is not even a case of self defence.
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by Katsumoto: 8:28am On May 21, 2010
dustydee:

The fact is he murdered someone, this is not even a case of self defence.

It is a crime of passion. The man did no wrong. He went to work, came back to give his wife money for the household only to find a b.a.s.t.a.r.d on top of his wife.
It is bad to sleep with someone else's wife, even worse when you do it on his bed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by bigben3: 8:46am On May 21, 2010
see what poverty can cause N500.00 to have another man hammer you on your matrimonial home! embarassedreally sad story angry
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by Nobody: 9:00am On May 21, 2010
This is so pathetic.i hope that loverboy is dining with the devil in hell.ashewo man
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by blacksta(m): 9:05am On May 21, 2010
Katsumoto:

It is a crime of passion. The man did no wrong. He went to work, came back to give his wife money for the household only to find a b.a.s.t.a.r.d on top of his wife.
It is bad to sleep with someone else's wife, even worse when you do it on his bed.

I am sure you had a grin on your face while you typed this.   Crime of passion my foot - According to your logic both wife and bast ard deserved to be stabbed to death. In a more stable society the man who killed another is so guilty of first degree murder and not manslaughter as you prescribe.
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by Katsumoto: 9:08am On May 21, 2010
blacksta:

I am sure you had a grin on your face while you typed this. Crime of passion my foot - According to your logic both wife and bast ard deserved to be stabbed to death.

You are very correct; I am old school.
The man would go free in many US southern states, France, Middle East, Asia, some African countries.
You must be prepared to die when you go to sleep with another man's wife in his home.
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by edoyad(m): 9:19am On May 21, 2010
I plead temporary insanity.
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by desgiezd(m): 9:23am On May 21, 2010
pro01:

The court must set him free whenever he is docked. The 'manslaughter' is justified by the provocation/humiliation of catching a bloo.dy goat bleeping his wife ON HIS VERY OWN MATRIMONIAL BED. I would have done even worse.

Katsumoto:

I doubt the law will look at it this way. This man has committed murder and he will face the music. It is clear that when under serious provocation, if one does not react in moderation, one who has been wronged can easily become the guilty one.
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by Nobody: 9:47am On May 21, 2010
desgiezd:

I doubt the law will look at it this way. This man has committed murder and he will face the music. It is clear that when under serious provocation, if one does not react in moderation, one who has been wronged can easily become the guilty one.  

I suppose you're talking from a strictly legal perspective. However, don't forget law was made for man and not man for the law. There is the letter of the law and there is also the 'spirit' behind the letter. I guarantee that if the poor man gets a decent lawyer as defence counsel, he'd escape with the most lenient of sentences or even walk away free, less administrative fines. The law recognises certain crimes of passion, and in this case it is very easy for a (male) judge to believe it was manslaughter and not murder. In fact, like Katsumoto mentioned, the man would walk free (after the inconvenience of a trial, of course) in many states in the US, as well as in most parts of Asia, Middle East (where adultery is already a 'capital' offence, lol) and Africa.
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by desgiezd(m): 9:57am On May 21, 2010
pro01:

I suppose you're talking from a strictly legal perspective. However, don't forget law was made for man and not man for the law. There is the letter of the law and there is also the 'spirit' behind the letter. I guarantee that if the poor man gets a decent lawyer as defence counsel, he'd escape with the most lenient of sentences or even walk away free, less administrative fines. The law recognises certain crimes of passion, and in this case it is very easy for a (male) judge to believe it was manslaughter and not murder. In fact, like Katsumoto mentioned, the man would walk free (after the inconvenience of a trial, of course) in many states in the US, as well as in most parts of Asia, Middle East (where adultery is already a 'capital' offence, lol) and Africa.

I pray he walks away free so that it wont be double jeopardy for him.
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by WilyWily5: 10:10am On May 21, 2010
haaaaaahaaa, Yoruba women
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by Nobody: 10:15am On May 21, 2010
What is it about yoruba women ?
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by SisiKill1: 10:32am On May 21, 2010
Yep! That son of a b!tch deserved to die. What a horrible horrible thing he did. . .killing this poor couple's only child, this too after killing the husband's parents and making the guy an orphan.

Justice served!!
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by skfa1: 10:40am On May 21, 2010
@ willy wily

I think you got problem with yorubas.

@ post

Sad story. Woman can be funnysometime. Imagine just 500 naira to sleep with her DAMN!!!
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by Abagworo(m): 10:41am On May 21, 2010
the husband is a fool.imagine your wife stooping so low to collect 500 naira for a piece of her.he should have killed the wife instead.
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by Katsumoto: 10:44am On May 21, 2010
Abagworo:

the husband is a fool.imagine your wife stooping so low to collect 500 naira for a piece of her.he should have killed the wife instead.

I don't think they had discussed why she did it when he took action. Like most men, he would have preferred to deal with his wife later so as to concentrate on the 'enemy combatant'.
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by Nobody: 10:47am On May 21, 2010
Abagworo:

who knows maybe they've been doing it for long.As they say,everyday for the thief,one day for the owner.
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by texazzpete(m): 11:02am On May 21, 2010
blacksta:

I am sure you had a grin on your face while you typed this. Crime of passion my foot - According to your logic both wife and bast ard deserved to be stabbed to death. In a more stable society the man who killed another is so guilty of first degree murder and not manslaughter as you prescribe.

This is voluntary MANSLAUGHTER, not murder. A logical case of provocation can easily be made by his defense lawyer. No DA or public prosecutor will even try and bring a first degree murder charge in this case.

You really should do a lot more reading to broaden yourself.
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by ElRazur: 11:10am On May 21, 2010
texazzpete:

This is voluntary MANSLAUGHTER, not murder. A logical case of provocation can easily be made by his defense lawyer. No DA or public prosecutor will even try and bring a first degree murder charge in this case.

You really should do a lot more reading to broaden yourself.

So you want to apply American law to Nigeria law system?

undecided

I am not sure your point will go down well in Nigerian courts. smiley
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by sayso: 11:15am On May 21, 2010
but they had a fight before the act of murder,still think it is a first degree murder charge
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by texazzpete(m): 11:23am On May 21, 2010
ElRazur:

So you want to apply American law to Nigeria law system?

undecided

I am not sure your point will go down well in Nigerian courts. smiley

No. Blacksta said
blacksta:

In a more stable society the man who killed another is so guilty of first degree murder and not manslaughter as you prescribe.

i'm pointing out to him that in the west, this is filed under manslaughter, not murder as he incorrectly assumes.
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by texazzpete(m): 11:25am On May 21, 2010
sayso:

but they had a fight before the act of murder,still think it is a first degree murder charge

Provocation, my dear fellow. That will be chalked down to provocation. First the infidelity, then the assault.

In fact, the man is unlucky that he stabbed the guy in the back. if it was in the chest, he could have claimed self-defence.

So for all of you who would do this if you were in the husband's shoes, please aim for the chest first, then rough yourself up grin
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by DisrealAm(f): 11:26am On May 21, 2010
mind u that must be the cause of their childs deat

may be there was no food and the only solution is the 500 just to sustain.

na wa ooooooooooooooooooooooo lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by Katsumoto: 11:32am On May 21, 2010
sayso:

No, it would be first degree if he didn't act immediately but did later; first degree is usually planned and not spontaneous. This is more likely to be manslaughter or self-defence if he didn't stab the guy on the back (as also pointed out by Texazzpete).
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by montelik(m): 11:57am On May 21, 2010
How did the husband even see knife with which to stab him during the fight.
Re: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife’s Lover To Death On His Matrimonial Bed by texazzpete(m): 12:01pm On May 21, 2010
montelik:

How did the husband even see I knife with which to stab him during fight.

it's his house. Home advantage. I can reach a kitchen knife from my bedroom in 3 seconds. And that's in a 3 bedroom flat. Imagine how much faster u can grab a knife in a room-and-parlour apartment.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tragedy As Lady Dies While Taking Pictures With Her Fiancé (photos) / Two Students Arrested Over Kidnap, Rape, Murder Of Colleague / Vikings Fulfil Threat Kills Blackaxe Member And Roast His Meat - VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.