Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,582 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic (6407 Views)

Muslim Man Entered A Catholic Church In Canada And Prayed (Video, Photos) / Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? / Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by M0ron: 3:43pm On May 08, 2018
ogbright:

When ever God gives me message, it must be detailed, I must remember every part of it and the message will be clear. The spirit of God in me has explained it to me and I know where I have defaulted which I need to amend. God bless u
And that's hat was the point of seeking answers all over?
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by M0ron: 3:44pm On May 08, 2018
obataokenwa:
1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.

1Co 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
1Co 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ

And?
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 08, 2018
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by obataokenwa(m): 4:16pm On May 08, 2018
Anas09:

As a Christian, what scares me most is Tests. because you never know what will be used to test you or when it will come.

Last year, I was tested, i failed Woefully.

Have you ever felt like God had left you? It happened to me last year. I couldn't feel Him. I couldn't connect with Him. I was struggling to pray. I naturally like to sing. I sing even in my sleep. But, music deserted me. I usually pray spontaneously, but that also ceased.

Lordddddd, why the emptiness? Where are you Holy Spirit? i kept asking. Did i do something wrong?

I searched my heart, i found nothing. Everything became dry to me. Oh Lord. By the time it was over, I heard Him say, You needed to know I'm always there whether or not you can feel me.

Only Babies needs that feeling, not grown ups. You need to learn TRUST.

He said, 'I said, i will never leave you nor forsake you, i mean what I said, you may not feel my closeness, i may decide not to answer your prayers, but that doesn't mean I left you'.

Boy, i cried like a baby for failing that test. Now i am so vigilant in case another test comes.

Kai, the worst test a Christian can endure is for the Holy Spirit to silent on you.

God tried me also with giving and I failed woefully too. He told me to sow a seed in our pastors life back then, I was expecting money same day so I postponed the giving till I get the next money I was expecting. When the next money came and I wrapped it in an envelope and presented it and as I was leaving, the Holy spirit told me through the inner witness that its too late. I went home praying asking him for mercy. He told me the consequence will be for three years. I've never suffered in this life like in that three years. After the three years, he gave me another final test to fast for twenty one days and win a soul. I fasted many days and no food to break but I have to continue nonstop and the very last day I got favour of about 700k dash. God is awesome. I pray for grace always to obey Him.

The test of silence happened to me from August last year till February this year. I couldn't even utter a word all those months in prayer but my heart was always wanting to know him but I couldn't help myself. Its over and now the spirit of prayer is so sweet to dwell with a man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by Slikbae: 4:19pm On May 08, 2018
That is what you stupid people are good at. You come to the Christian section, insult Christians and when you're given a doze off your own medicine you start crying fowl.

Rubbish!!!!
uboma:

Thank you for the insult, "child of God".

Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by Slikbae: 4:20pm On May 08, 2018
There are people who have never heard about Christ but still have rapture dreams. Your opinion is invalid.
obinna58:
Dreams has connection with our mentality, how we expect things to be, it captures the most important things that is stucked in our mind, you being able to leave your children behind to starve in order to have an eternal assurance, also means you can do it real life once your brain has been diffused.

Don't let religion destroy your moral understanding
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by obinna58(m): 4:39pm On May 08, 2018
Anas09:

What you don't know is bigger than you. Right now, i dream before things happen. Are the things which haven't happened yet stuck in my mind?

Of course you can dream before things happen, things you think maybe can happen in the future can be stored in your mind and get replayed in dreams mixed with different ideas but more in twisted ways
Dreams can never produce beyond your mentality

1 Like

Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by obinna58(m): 4:46pm On May 08, 2018
Slikbae:
There are people who have never heard about Christ but still have rapture dreams. Your opinion is invalid.
I'm sorry dude but people can't study and learn through dreams they must have heard about rapture
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by Anas09: 5:16pm On May 08, 2018
obataokenwa:
God tried me also with giving and I failed woefully too. He told me to sow a seed in our pastors life back then, I was expecting money same day so I postponed the giving till I get the next money I was expecting. When the next money came and I wrapped it in an envelope and presented it and as I was leaving, the Holy spirit told me through the inner witness that its too late. I went home praying asking him for mercy. He told me the consequence will be for three years. I've never suffered in this life like in that three years. After the three years, he gave me another final test to fast for twenty one days and win a soul. I fasted many days and no food to break but I have to continue nonstop and the very last day I got favour of about 700k dash. God is awesome. I pray for grace always to obey Him.

The test of silence happened to me from August last year till February this year. I couldn't even utter a word all those months in prayer but my heart was always wanting to know him but I couldn't help myself. Its over and now the spirit of prayer is so sweet to dwell with a man.
Steward, that is what you are. Few are, i tell you.
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by uboma(m): 5:20pm On May 08, 2018
Slikbae:
That is what you stupid people are good at. You come to the Christian section, insult Christians and when you're given a doze off your own medicine you start crying fowl.

Rubbish!!!!

I pointed out that Rapture is not a scriptural teaching in my initial post.

You should have provided scriptural proof that backs the Rapture teaching rather than insult me.

You claim to be a Christian but fail to emulate the model set out by Jesus Christ.

SMH
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by ogbright: 7:29pm On May 08, 2018
uboma:

Thank you for the insult, "child of God".
I'm sorry I insulted you, it wasn't my intention.
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by obataokenwa(m): 7:48pm On May 08, 2018
Anas09:

Steward, that is what you are. Few are, i tell you.
Thanks. Sometimes the furnace of affliction can make one to almost want to give up. But there is this joy of salvation that makes one to want to hold on and wait.

Heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by Anas09: 9:17pm On May 08, 2018
obataokenwa:
Thanks. Sometimes the furnace of affliction can make one to almost want to give up. But there is this joy of salvation that makes one to want to hold on and wait.

Heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God
The Price of life is at the end of the journey, not near the beginning. And it is not given to us to know how many steps we need to take in order to reach our goals. Each step will draw us closer to the Kingdom. Let's keep trusting, keep believing. keep moving. One little step at a time.

For the Joy that was set before Him, He endured the cross.

May the Lord honour you and may Grace be multiplied to you.

We shall not miss it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by OCTAVO: 10:59pm On May 08, 2018
So many distractions in this World. I pray we will not miss Heaven in JESUS name. Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by Nobody: 12:02am On May 09, 2018
Anas09:

I was 13 or 14 thereabout when i began dreaming of Rapture. I was a little Catholic girl too.

Mine was like immediately the Rapture takes place as the earth breaks open, Fire balls falling from the sky with everyone running with no where to hide. The surface of water covered with fire. People filing like a roll call was being made.

At one point, i was in the queue, but when it got to my turn, i was turn back. I cried so hard i couldn't breath, i woke up drenched with sweat and tears in my eyes.

These dreams kept coming to me, and every time it does, i wake up drained of energy as a result of running. sweating and crying in my dreams. I had no one to talk to back then as i didn't even know what it was i was dreaming.

In Catholic, we were taught Purgatory, not Rapture. I knew when we died, we shall wait somewhere to atone for our sins if we didn't live well on earth, but Rapture?

One day, i told my mother who knew so little about stuff like that at that time, She just shrugged and said, 'I think something like that is in the Bible'.

I was left with a yearning, a deep vacuum inside of me. I was looking for something but didn't really know what it was until i found Christ.

Oh The Peace. The fulfillment. The satisfaction. No one can describe it to another person.

Again, while this was happening, i got baptized. I took my first communion. I went for confession to take my second communion, i was sitting right inside the Church as people were filing for Communion, i heard this calm but firm voice saying 'Don't take it a again, it's not right'. I knew immediately what it meant. I turned to see if someone spoke to me, but communion period is a solemn period which no one talks to anyone.

When my turn came, i didn't go out. That was the end i took communion, but kept going to church.

It's well. God has His own and at the appointed time, He'll pull them out.

May we not be left Behind.

What is wrong with taking the Holy Communion? Isn't it Biblical? Thanks in advance.
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by Slikbae: 4:07am On May 09, 2018
You as an atheist have no say in religious affairs. Stick to your atheistic ministry.
obinna58:

I'm sorry dude but people can't study and learn through dreams they must have heard about rapture
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by Slikbae: 4:08am On May 09, 2018
Bla bla bla bla bla

A devil judging on the model of Christ. Mtcheeewww.
uboma:

You should have provided scriptural proof that backs the Rapture teaching rather than insult me.

You claim to be a Christian but fail to emulate the model set out by Jesus Christ.

SMH
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by uboma(m): 4:53am On May 09, 2018
ogbright:

I'm sorry I insulted you, it wasn't my intention.

No worries, bro.

1 Like

Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by uboma(m): 4:54am On May 09, 2018
Slikbae:
Bla bla bla bla bla
A devil judging on the model of Christ. Mtcheeewww.

May God forgive you....
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by obataokenwa(m): 6:40am On May 09, 2018
uboma:

SMH
1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [must] put on immortality
1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory

I Pray you believe
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by Anas09: 11:44am On May 09, 2018
Arondizuogu:

What is wrong with taking the Holy Communion? Isn't it Biblical? Thanks in advance.
Everything must be done with knowledge. I didn't know anything about redemption. Why Jesus' body was broken, why his blood was shed. What communion represents.

All these must be done with understanding or they'll be done in futility.

2 Likes

Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by obinna58(m): 4:13pm On May 09, 2018
Slikbae:
You as an atheist have no say in religious affairs. Stick to your atheistic ministry.
Stick to your religious delusion and stop using religious affairs to disturb people's peace
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by Anas09: 8:54pm On May 09, 2018
obinna58:

Stick to your religious delusion and stop using religious affairs to disturb people's peace
How did he disturb your peace? Hahahahahaha. What piqued you up Obina?

Go in peace and don't enter Christian assemblies again or you'd keep getting disturbed both spiritually and Physically.

2 Likes

Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by obinna58(m): 1:19am On May 10, 2018
Anas09:

How did he disturb your peace? Hahahahahaha. What piqued you up Obina?

Go in peace and don't enter Christian assemblies again or you'd keep getting disturbed both spiritually and Physically.

Passing religious backward beliefs to the public is enough to disturb other people's peace
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by Anas09: 12:03pm On May 10, 2018
obinna58:

Passing religious backward beliefs to the public is enough to disturb other people's peace
How is what he posted inside a thread, in a religious section which you as an atheist have no business being in, using your energy and data to click and respond to disturb you?

Why don't you for once go into the Muslim threads and section and get disturbed?

How do we disturb you by having a discussion which only us Christians understands? Is a demon terrified of more souls being saved by the discussions of Christians? Obina, mind yourself o.

3 Likes

Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by obinna58(m): 12:56pm On May 10, 2018
Anas09:

How is what he posted inside a thread, in a religious section which you as an atheist have no business being in, using your energy and data to click and respond to disturb you?

Why don't you for once go into the Muslim threads and section and get disturbed?

How do we disturb you by having a discussion which only us Christians understands? Is a demon terrified of more souls being saved by the discussions of Christians? Obina, mind yourself o.

Apart from intellectual knowledge being passed on here, You guys needed to be saved from religious backward beliefs asap so we could have a more better society
Muslim section has gone beyond recovery, nothing could attract someone over there, you can hardly find any crucial thinking person there
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by Anas09: 2:58pm On May 10, 2018
obinna58:

Apart from intellectual knowledge being passed on here, You guys needed to be saved from religious backward beliefs asap so we could have a more better society
Muslim section has gone beyond recovery, nothing could attract someone over there, you can hardly find any crucial thinking person there
So it's actually ourselves that we disturb in our own private section, not you right?

Obina this seems to be like what the Bible says about Satan. He runs to and fro looking for who to devour. Are you working for satan?

If you don't want to see our nonsense, stay away. But you can't can you? Life will be too boring without us.

Just check the Mislims, Without Christians and Jews, they won't have what to live for. The same goes for atheists.

2 Likes

Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by Gullah: 3:20pm On May 10, 2018
obinna58:

I don't think you're doing the right thing by coming to another person's thread in the religion section to basically call them ignorant without providing any tangible evidence to contradict what they are saying. If you have fact based reasons why you're holding your own view on this matter then it's better you outline them here or you create a new thread to prove your own assertions. Just attacking people's religious views without any rationale for doing so achieves nothing. You can't win people over in matters of faith by aggression, confrontation or compulsion, you can only do that by conviction

1 Like

Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by obinna58(m): 8:51pm On May 10, 2018
Anas09:

So it's actually ourselves that we disturb in our own private section, not you right?

Obina this seems to be like what the Bible says about Satan. He runs to and fro looking for who to devour. Are you working for satan?

If you don't want to see our nonsense, stay away. But you can't can you? Life will be too boring without us.

Just check the Mislims, Without Christians and Jews, they won't have what to live for. The same goes for atheists.

Satan was the poor dude who actually got treated bad in the story book and still received all the blames, sorry satan is living in same place with his creator (human mind), working for him is impossible,
And yes having you guys around makes it fun at the same time sad
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by obinna58(m): 8:56pm On May 10, 2018
Gullah:

I don't think you're doing the right thing by coming to another person's thread in the religion section to basically call them ignorant without providing any tangible evidence to contradict what they are saying. If you have fact based reasons why you're holding your own view on this matter then it's better you outline them here or you create a new thread to prove your own assertions. Just attacking people's religious views without any rationale for doing so achieves nothing. You can't win people over in matters of faith by aggression, confrontation or compulsion, you can only do that by conviction
You don't get it and I'm not attacking anyone, I'm only stating the facts which your religious sides of view wouldn't allow you to grab, no better words could seem satisfying.
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by Zither(m): 10:03pm On May 10, 2018
Anas09:

What you don't know is bigger than you. Right now, i dream before things happen. Are the things which haven't happened yet stuck in my mind?

Don't waste your time trying to cram explanation into the head of someone that is already stuffed with his ridiculous notions and perceptions of Christianity. It just won't fit in try as you may. You're better off teaching a donkey idiomatic expressions. It will be time well spent compared to this.
Re: I Had A Terrible Dream About Rapture. I'm A Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 10:44am On May 11, 2018
obataokenwa:
1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [must] put on immortality
1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory

I Pray you believe

that is the parousia not rapture dear.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do We Go To Church!? / Archbishop Resigns Over S-e-x Scandal / Practical Ways To Draw Near To God Through Faith.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.