Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,305 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? (10590 Views)

She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? / "Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You? / Im Going To Nigeria This Dec, What Shall I Get For His Entire Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? by Sagamite(m): 9:03pm On May 23, 2010
Big-Man, with my hands in the air and bowing for you in a worship-like manner at the moment.

I respect what you and your wife have done to better your situation.

I even respect you more for being man enough to recognise that your wife is the one with more business skills and you allow her to flourish without letting your ego get in the way.

@ OP

I think you got some valuable advice here.

Apart from that, I personally will advise you (if it is not already too late) to plan your family. I will never advise anyone to have just one kid, if you think this situation is not likely to change in the near future, do not have more than 2 kids so you can really support the family.

Secondly, if you have transferable skills or experience that is in demand, try outside Lagos. If you are earning 50K in Abeokuta or Lokoja, you will live a far better life.
Re: Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? by tushbobo(m): 8:58am On May 24, 2010
The bottom line is "planning is everything".U dont need to complain but sit down(with ur wife) and do some serious thinking.I once was earning 40k after service and thought that if i could earn 200k i ll be fine.I later made my boss increase my salary to over 200k by leaving for another company(he called me back and offered me a good package).The first two years after my salary increase things didnt change as i could hardly save,this was because i wasnt tracking my spending.The best thing u can do is to draw up a budget every month and make sure u follow it to an extent.That s the first step in taking charge of ur finances.Then others(such as investing) can follow.
Re: Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? by pku(f): 9:13am On May 24, 2010
All of you made very useful suggestions. What I've experienced is that no matter how much money one makes, nothing canbe achieved
without discipline and staying focused! Even the N80k the poster has can be put to good use, but his wife MUST do something to add to
his income, otherwise cost of living and caring for young children will not allow any savings.
Re: Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? by oisehumen(m): 1:40pm On May 24, 2010
Waooo, Contributions from people on this topic have really inspired me more in life. Financial transparency to one's spouse is very key in achieving this goal. Before i got married i was afraid i couldn't take care of a family cos of my poor salary. Then, one day God opened my eyes to see many security guards in my office with salaries of not more than 20k, yet haveĀ  families of 3 or even more.

Is never too late to realize one's mistakes and make amends. 80k is huge sum in today's Nigeria provided you set your prioritiesĀ  right.
Re: Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? by pku(f): 1:50pm On May 24, 2010
Osiehumen, I totally agree with you. It's never too late.
God will be with the guy I pray that soon he will begin to soar.
It takes someone with a determination to succeed to open up the way the poster did.
Re: Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? by soldee: 2:06pm On May 24, 2010
@ Poster,

Get a sewing machine for your wife, some basic training, some yards of china white material, some yards of white lace cotton trimmings and a roll of elastic band. Let her make under skirts (chemise or shimi) for ladies and package and sell them as ready made. The market is inexhaustible and she will turn regular profits in no time. In addition, she wont even have to leave the house. Believe me she wont be able to cope with the demand.

good luck, and may God bless you and crown your efforts with success, amen.
Re: Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? by pku(f): 2:26pm On May 24, 2010
Soldee, this is truly a very good suggestion, I tell you if she is serious in no time, she will be laughing to the bank.
Re: Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? by marami: 2:39pm On May 24, 2010
slaughter:

mr poster, u are not serious, in 2008 my salary was just N19,000 (nineteen thousand naira only per month) i stayed in 2 bedroom with N90,000 per anum a wife who was not working & 2 children when suffer gum my head i resingned with one month salary to start life with, today 2010, with GOD'S help only i have a registered bussines , 8 computers all flat screen 3 photocopiers 2 offices one for my wife one for me and money is now rolling in but we are still crawling i know GOD we make us fly soon mr poster use your brain and read motivational books with GOD all things are possible , 80k is huge amount if i had that by 2008 by now i wil be riding lexus jeep,

I beg what kind of business did you engaged that gave you a breakthrough. I love to know.
Re: Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? by TeskyMan(m): 6:11pm On May 24, 2010
I bet you, this is welcoming and inspiring. Hummmm!!!! My brother u dey complain, Wey somebody dey wey dey earn exactly half of wetin u dey earn, with 1 kid and expecting another soonest, But thanks my WIFE also is highly enterprising.

Anyway, u better start to dey thank God now. I have to look inward rather than outward and also, Pary more harder and do serious thinking also,

Big-man, you are a bomb,
Re: Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? by talker001: 9:22pm On May 24, 2010
nice thread. 80k is not that small but transportation from festac to vi will definately affect your pocket man, try to set up a little business for ur wife.
Re: Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? by okgerald(m): 7:45am On May 25, 2010
80k is not small and its not much as well. It all has to do wiv how well you can manage the funds and you shouldnt be contend with that amount. If u believe in urself that you can earn more than that, u will, u just have to strive towards ur goal. And note that if u cannot manage that amount properly, when u start earning bigger , u might face the same problem.
Re: Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? by jokingmary(m): 3:43pm On May 25, 2010
how may kids do you have?

if they are few then minimize you spendings cause some people get 60k a month and don't complain
Re: Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? by femmy2010(m): 6:13pm On May 26, 2010
Take consolation in the fact that you are much better than millions.
You have no choice but live with your options.
Be happy
Re: Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? by HonProf2(m): 2:39pm On May 28, 2010
All you need do is to get an estimate of you monthly Expenditure and get the food stuffs for the month on Pay day. Then you settle every member of the family for the month ahead. If it does not work. Buy a bag of Garri and 5k Naira worth of Kuli Kuli. I bet you it will remain for the next month. Shikina.
Re: Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? by Bestglo(f): 3:54pm On May 28, 2010
Hon. Prof.:

All you need do is to get an estimate of you monthly Expenditure and get the food stuffs for the month on Pay day. Then you settle every member of the family for the month ahead. If it does not work. Buy a bag of Garri and 5k Naira worth of Kuli Kuli. I bet you it will remain for the next month. Shikina.

grin grin grin grin i bet you'r not serious
Re: Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? by okgerald(m): 2:49pm On May 30, 2010
How do u invest 1million naira to get a huge turnaround in 6months. Any suggestions?
Re: Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? by okgerald(m): 8:14pm On May 31, 2010
Any ideas on how to fund the account after opening wiv a foreign ip, i also heard about virtual credit card, is it possible to recharge a virtual credit cRD AFTER exhausting the funds on the card
Re: Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? by slaughter(m): 3:10pm On Jun 04, 2010
@ marami , i am not giving u tales by moolight this is real, i am not rich now but am o.k i dont know ur religion but which ever 1st pray 4 God to open ur eyes of understanding 2nd read motivational books they help a great deal . Back to ur question i just discovered the need of some set of peopple i provided it and i made the money , right now i have discovered another need of another set of peopple and i need just N350,000(three hundred and fifty) and i will be making at least N120,000(one nundred and twenty thousand) per month and this will increase with time , i am working on this now when i.e am gathering the cash when am through i will let u know, keep watch , u can contact through my e-mail i.e imputeconcept@aol.com see u @ d top,
Re: Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? by yommys01(m): 8:58pm On Jun 17, 2010
I can offer you a job that will pay you well if you can write in good English. Call me at 07039824993. My name is Abayomi Aje and if you are scared, that I am a scammer then please go get the March 15 edition of success digest to read my interview there or google abayomi aje.
Re: Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? by hildaa(f): 1:35pm On Oct 28, 2011
if you fail to plan you as well are planning to fail. with 80k you can plan your family well with the help of your wife, i.e if she is not the notice me type, that wants to use all your salary to beautify herself.
Re: Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? by delpee(f): 11:32pm On Oct 28, 2011
I once had a colleague who couldnt cope and was always heavily indebted because his wife wasnt working and his pay was low and irregular. When part of his accrued outstanding salary was paid he was advised to invest in his wife to ensure that his family will at least be able to feed during difficult times. His wife trained as a fashion designer and could work at home to save shop costs but he bought grinding machines in addition to ensure that they have daily income from which they could do "ajo" (thrift savings abi?). Anyway from the savings she got a big shop. Today they have a flat in Lagos fully paid for and rented out while they built a bungalow which they live in. The man is currently jobless but the family is coping.

As pointed out by Big Man, the empowerment of a woman usually makes a difference in the family economy. Find out what your wife has passion for and can start small then encourage her and assist her financially. It will lighten your burden and add value to your life.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help Me, What Do I Do To An Ungrateful Wife? / What Is The Best Brand Of Freezer To Buy In Nigeria? / false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.