Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? (2476 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Beautiful Women / Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? / Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by Nobody: 10:20am On May 14, 2018
WHY ARE NIGERIAN MEN SCARED OF CAREER/AMBITIOUS LADIES?

Nigerian men are very hypocrital and confused.
Like they'll clamour for women to work hard and support the family or co-provide but they eventually get afraid/scared when their wifes are taking their ambitions too serious, like they will bring in the "home front" clause as if they are marrying the women just to train kids and cook food. Isn't that the same thing as staying at home to look after kids?? Nigerian men usually say they no longer want liabilities and blah blah but this same people still make ridiculous rhetorics like "A Woman Should Choose Between Her Career and Her Family ". what a cheap emotional blackmail.
You want your wife to work and at the same time giving her options, like wtf does that?? This is one of the reasons why sensible ladies are opting out of marriages because no sensible lady is going to quit her career because of kids and marriage. only the lazy ones do such.

You are married to a lady doesn't mean you're her god.

The fact is Nigerian men are confused. It's now official.

Women are put under undue pressure, just look at this!! later women will be told to struggle in their careers so they don't become "liabilities" now the same men are saying they should forget their career goals and embrace the concept of "family"

One of the worst places to be a woman is in Nigeria. You want her to be hard working, yet not too hardworking, smart but not really smart, career oriented but not much... like where do we draw the line? na wa oo! I think every ambitious Nigerian woman, who has a purpose for her life, that dosnt conform to the "Nigerian norm" should save money and leave this country...

The Elder 2018©
Please don't copy and paste this write-up anywhere without giving due credit to Elder.

Elder only wants the betterment of Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by whitebeard(m): 10:26am On May 14, 2018
I like my lady ambitious, cause I am also ambitious, I support her and does likewise..no stress...!!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by highqueen(f): 10:31am On May 14, 2018
hmmmm
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by angelicdove(m): 10:40am On May 14, 2018
Thank u Mr poster but the issue with carrer women remains that they won't give the needed attention. Like me, I have always prayed for a career/ambitious woman. I believe heaven will hear and bless me with the woman of my dreams soonest.

Uchechukwu,
Lagos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by Humchi(m): 10:47am On May 14, 2018
I think the reason is that women are proud in nature and they tends at times to disregard the husband as the head and acts any ways that would please them once they are financially sufficient or earning more than their hubby..

Not all ladies though..
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by Nobody: 10:49am On May 14, 2018
If she is not ambitious, she is not bae tongue

Highly Sapiosexual

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by okwabayi(m): 12:50pm On May 14, 2018
We are? I heavily doubt. This is more of a 1940s mentality.

Nowadays with the hard economy and rising cost of quality things it takes two working parents to build a home. Most men actively chase working women as it guarantees finding a job in her future is out of the matter.
Older males I know (late 40s - late 50s) even hate the fact they refused their wives the option of working because the women have become a liability in their lives -- always asking for money to buy the most mundane of things.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by pocohantas(f): 12:54pm On May 14, 2018
Some, not all.

Money is the major advantage an average Naija man has over his woman. No one wants to lose their advantage.

Every other reason they give is either secondary or inconsequential.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 14, 2018
I am not scared my wife is 5 times richer than I am

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by Fkforyou(m): 6:46pm On May 14, 2018
When you are done ranting, please kindly fvck off... angry

You created a thread of which the title seemed like you were open for discussion only for the content to be full of condemnation, meaningless rants and unwarranted frustration.

Your moniker says "Elder" but your level of reasoning is worst than a 4 year old kid.... undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by princfred(m): 6:50pm On May 14, 2018
pocohantas:
Some, not all.

Money is the major advantage an average Naija man has over his woman. No one wants to lose their advantage.

Abeg make una make money pay bill without making noise like we do make we dey house dey cook o. I no fit shout.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by SoapQueen(f): 7:04pm On May 14, 2018
What exactly are men on the look out for? Barely a fortnight ago, it was "A man is scared of marrying a woman that will be a liability', today it is 'Men are scared of marrying ambitious women'.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by kazyhm(m): 9:15pm On May 14, 2018
You re mistaken........i dont think any reasonable man can be scared of career/ambitious lady/women. you rather beam your light on why do most career/ambitious lady/women get separated/divorce

By you analogy, women are entitle to double standard and children you lack home training, mother's love and affections for a sole reason she is ambitious ?

i'm just tire of bias and one sided article.

attitude is everything by keith harriet will solve your problem
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by kazyhm(m): 9:31pm On May 14, 2018
SoapQueen:
What exactly are men on the look out for? Barely a fortnight ago, it was "A man is scared of marrying a woman that will be a liability', today it is 'Men are scared of marrying ambitious women'.

looking out for a lady that is true to herself. know her positions no matter how it work out in future....

Not the bandwagon that think its the money that makes you the husband and as the can make same, then the husband should take the back seat
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by ImaIma1(f): 7:55am On May 15, 2018
It is only a man with low self esteem and low confidence in himself that is threatened by a woman being successful.

A lot of men even push their wives to be better and to achieve her dreams rather than some men that kill those dreams because of their egos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by Nobody: 8:06am On May 15, 2018
Men love Power! Money brings power,Men have money. An independent woman is a threat to this cycle,She has her own money,she will be a difficult one to tame.

It's a pity though,that the only thing men has over women is Money. A thread was created here sometimes ago on how to handle a woman who isn't impressed by money,Guys on here went cold,silent and ignorant . Pity!

That said, i have to type this. Not all men want power or control,not all independent women are proud and difficult so not all Men are intimidated by these Women. So tone down on the generalization!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by Nobody: 9:06am On May 17, 2018
RuthDaniels:
Men love Power! Money brings power,Men have money. An independent woman is a threat to this cycle,She has her own money,she will be a difficult one to tame.

It's a pity though,that the only thing men has over women is Money. A thread was created here sometimes ago on how to handle a woman who isn't impressed by money,Guys on here went cold,silent and ignorant . Pity!

That said, i have to type this. Not all men want power or control,not all independent women are proud and difficult so not all Men are intimidated by these Women. So tone down on the generalization!

you're right.... in 7-10 years time many Nigerian ladies will be independent and many Nigerian men are going to lose their ego... they'll have no choice but to adapt to new changes. because nobody will give a fvck about their money

I have a friend who I know that if not for his small change it'll be hard for him to date all the fair girls he has been fvcking anyhow with his cheap car.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by gonkin(m): 9:43am On May 17, 2018
Im not scared, i love a competition.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by ubunja(m): 11:20am On May 17, 2018
i cant abide a successful lady.
i like my girls young, dependent and not very bright. i cant stand competition. my Ego is fragile like hell.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by flexxyworld(m): 1:12pm On May 17, 2018
It's just inferiority complex on the guys part. many men love to dominant their female counterpart and such low esteemed men feels uncomfortable with a career woman.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by mrphysics(m): 1:14pm On May 17, 2018
grin grin

No man is scared of a career woman/wife. Men are only scared of the mentality of some career woman/wife/girlfriend

They have this of I have arrived attitude, they divorce humility and marry feminism.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by 2buffagain(m): 1:16pm On May 17, 2018
Elder001:
WHY ARE NIGERIAN MEN SCARED OF CAREER/AMBITIOUS LADIES?

Nigerian men are very hypocrital and confused.
Like they'll clamour for women to work hard and support the family or co-provide but they eventually get afraid/scared when their wifes are taking their ambitions too serious, like they will bring in the "home front" clause as if they are marrying the women just to train kids and cook food. Isn't that the same thing as staying at home to look after kids?? Nigerian men usually say they no longer want liabilities and blah blah but this same people still make ridiculous rhetorics like "A Woman Should Choose Between Her Career and Her Family ". what a cheap emotional blackmail.
You want your wife to work and at the same time giving her options, like wtf does that?? This is one of the reasons why sensible ladies are opting out of marriages because no sensible lady is going to quit her career because of kids and marriage. only the lazy ones do such.

You are married to a lady doesn't mean you're her god.

The fact is Nigerian men are confused. It's now official.

Women are put under undue pressure, just look at this!! later women will be told to struggle in their careers so they don't become "liabilities" now the same men are saying they should forget their career goals and embrace the concept of "family"

One of the worst places to be a woman is in Nigeria. You want her to be hard working, yet not too hardworking, smart but not really smart, career oriented but not much... like where do we draw the line? na wa oo! I think every ambitious Nigerian woman, who has a purpose for her life, that dosnt conform to the "Nigerian norm" should save money and leave this country...

The Elder 2018©
Please don't copy and paste this write-up anywhere without giving due credit to Elder.

Elder only wants the betterment of Nigeria.
Different folks want different things.
I personally think a woman that with goals outside the home is hot.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by peterphd(m): 2:09pm On May 17, 2018
ubunja:
i like my girls young, dependent and not very bright. i cant stand competition. my Ego is fragile like hell.

How can one get your free ebook?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by ubunja(m): 2:20pm On May 17, 2018
peterphd:

How can one get your free ebook?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 17, 2018
pocohantas:
Some, not all.

Well said
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by peterphd(m): 3:21pm On May 17, 2018
ubunja:

Whatcha say ubunja?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by ubunja(m): 3:36pm On May 17, 2018
peterphd:

Whatcha say ubunja?
dude i had my number up here for weeks...
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by peterphd(m): 5:50pm On May 17, 2018
ubunja:
dude i had my number up here for weeks...

No vex. I followed you only a couple of days ago.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 17, 2018
mrphysics:
grin grin

No man is scared of a career woman/wife. Men are only scared of the mentality of some career woman/wife/girlfriend

They have this of I have arrived attitude, they divorce humility and marry feminism.

really?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 17, 2018
ubunja:

does this even sound sensible to you?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Career/ambitious Ladies? by ubunja(m): 6:00pm On May 17, 2018
Elder001:

does this even sound sensible to you?
who cares?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help!!!can Swallowing It Make Her Pregnant / Konji Gang Nollywood Actress Proudly Show Off Her Bare Big Backside / What's Good For The Goose Is Good For The Gander.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.