Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor (6864 Views)

Let Me Be Your Uber/taxify Fleet Manager.. / A Business Manager/investor Urgently Needed / Chronicles Of Catalan : Five Lessons I Learnt From Paddy Adenuga's Memoir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 11:28am On May 14, 2018
E-hailing weekly run down on issues, challenges and experiences faced giving vehicles out on a rent charge.

I started out in e-hailing hustle with my brothers throwing investment in November, 2016 . Yes, I came late to the party but we still dey party since 2016.

I have come to understand that the transport bizness has more losses than profits given the fact that the basic tool used is a mechanical metal box (the vehicle) whose integrity is flogged daily (roughly 18hours) unlike your usual personal ride which u flog mildly.

So the profit Vs loss is what every investor or car owner wants to maximise by reducing issues the vehicle will give and also issues the driver will bring to have steady flow of income FIRST to achieve back 75% of investment used in purchasing the vehicle.

Recouping 75% investment takes a duration of 10months given that your investment doesn't exceed 1.8million naira

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 12:19pm On May 14, 2018
We will kick off a weekly dialogue on managing vehicles/driver/maintenance starting with a newly acquired 2007 hyundai elantra

The process we put in play is as follows:

Vehicle : 2007 Hyundai elantra 2.0L

Weekly rent : 40,000

Security deposit : 65% of week rent

Guarantor : guarantees to 15,000 plus driver damage due to negligence

ROI time frame : 10months

Kick off date 15th May 2018

Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 12:01am On May 15, 2018
We have other vehicles in the fleet which have been running for a period of 6-9months ... we have come to understand the best engine size for this job is the 1.3L - 1.6L engines. We manage up to 2.0L engine max.

What informed our decision to narrow the engine sizes is very simple and basic - Cost of a replacing an worn out engine.

The cost for a 1.3-1.6L engine is low when compared to the over rated Toyota corolla engines.

We have come to deal more with the following car brand

1. Honda City 2007/08 1.3L engine

2. Kia rio 2007/2008 1.6L engine

3. Kia spectra 2009 2.0L engine

4. Kia forte 2010 2.0L engine

5. Hyundai elantra 2007 2.0L

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 9:28am On May 15, 2018
The story of a fleet manager is a crazy one... A fleet manager will have to manage the driver and the vehicle to produce optimum results (weekly payments, low default rate, low maintenance cost).

The fleet manager has all his intelligence to create an enabling environment.

A driver-partner default rate is within d first 3weeks for newbies and within first 6weeks for some old hands.

But, yes we do have driver-partners that never default.

BRB
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 10:05am On May 15, 2018
Carshopper:
The story of a fleet manager is a crazy one... A fleet manager will have to manage the driver and the vehicle to produce optimum results (weekly payments, low default rate, low maintenance cost).

The fleet manager has all his intelligence to create an enabling environment.

A driver-partner default rate is within d first 3weeks for newbies and within first 6weeks for some old hands.

But, yes we do have driver-partners that never default.

BRB

So a driver calls me yesterday, he needs a vehicle on a weekly rent charge... Now my conditions simple and listed below

Weekly charge 40k

Security deposit 65% of weekly rent

penalty fee for late payment

Verifiable guarantor

And he says 'oga it's fair but I don't have a deposit, I haven't worked for a year '
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 7:34pm On May 15, 2018
Carshopper:

So a driver calls me yesterday, he needs a vehicle on a weekly rent charge... Now my conditions simple and listed below

Weekly charge 40k

Security deposit 65% of weekly rent

penalty fee for late payment

Verifiable guarantor

And he says 'oga it's fair but I don't have a deposit, I haven't worked for a year '

Most times we see a driver that really wants to work and doesn't have a security deposit, u sit back and hold back because of previous driver defaulting
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by dru23(m): 8:33pm On May 15, 2018
Carshopper:

Most times we see a driver that really wants to work and doesn't have a security deposit, u sit back and hold back because of previous driver defaulting

Well you can set up payment plans ...it is time we fleet owners. Fleet coy, partners try to revolutionnise the e hailing business.. This way you can set yourself apart from everyone else ...
And the funny thing is this ehailing thing does not have to be on a full time bases.. Am sure if a driver comes to you and he wants to work few days a week ,am sure you can try to accommodate that.. The drivers need to also think outside the box..yes the job might challenging, but try not having money to eat ,cloth, pay rent, school etc. As we partners ,fleet coy bind together with one voice ,the narrative will change for the better ..who thought that "assurance" or deposit will be major thing now.. Now the assurance deposit is picking up steam ..na small small ..

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 12:41am On May 16, 2018
Carshopper:

Apart from due consultations, which included a call to previous owner ... The said driver will be getting a vehicle and put on a week observation.

Fleet management involves planning, scheduling and hiring and as such everything must be taken into consideration
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 12:12pm On May 16, 2018
So uber credited today... A day late I must say... But money is in the bank
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by oparahchi(m): 2:42pm On May 16, 2018
Do you run a fleet management company?
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 4:15pm On May 16, 2018
oparahchi:
Do you run a fleet management company?

Yes I do..
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 4:26pm On May 16, 2018
E-hailing they say has come to stay. Technology is growing and the transport system is growing with it. I expect to see base fare (uber 200, taxify 320) stay this way for a long time and some e-hailing app will drop base fare to take their own share of the market.

Transportation technology tries to provide transport at the lowest cost possible

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by mabeni(m): 7:00pm On May 16, 2018
Carshopper:
We have other vehicles in the fleet which have been running for a period of 6-9months ... we have come to understand the best engine size for this job is the 1.3L - 1.6L engines. We manage up to 2.0L engine max.

What informed our decision to narrow the engine sizes is very simple and basic - Cost of a replacing an worn out engine.

The cost for a 1.3-1.6L engine is low when compared to the over rated Toyota corolla engines.

We have come to deal more with the following car brand

1. Honda City 2007/08 1.3L engine

2. Kia rio 2007/2008 1.6L engine

3. Kia spectra 2009 2.0L engine

4. Kia forte 2010 2.0L engine

5. Hyundai elantra 2007 2.0L
cars hopper, is rav4 good for e-hailling business? On a rental?
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 7:20pm On May 16, 2018
mabeni:
cars hopper, is rav4 good for e-hailling business? On a rental?

I have come to understand every car is good as its maintenance scheduling ... But I rather use smaller engine size due to factors which I consider
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by mabeni(m): 7:31pm On May 16, 2018
Carshopper:

I have come to understand every car is good as its maintenance scheduling ... But I rather use smaller engine size due to factors which I consider
thanks
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 10:40am On May 17, 2018
Two payments received... Two payments sent out to investor partners... Every one happy today... No repairs done for last week - Good Good...

This week is building up

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 2:38pm On May 17, 2018
Another driver matched... Security deposit matched... Vehicle matched

Let's roll

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 1:34pm On May 18, 2018
The most important and critical part is always Maintenance/repairs scheduling cost

Maintenance/repairs scheduling cost starts with who takes responsibility for each cost and to what extent.

I believe maintenance costs should be on all parties involved in the use of the vehicle.
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 11:19pm On May 18, 2018
Well well ...you can rent us your car for a monthly fee grin
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by jcshols: 10:29am On May 19, 2018
How does this work please?Am interested.
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 12:17pm On May 19, 2018
jcshols:
How does this work please?Am interested.

Tell us the model, year and brand

We give you our monthly rent payable
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by pappy2000: 1:20pm On May 19, 2018
Can you accommodate me if I want to work for just four days in a week, I have a day job but its in shift, thanks
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by pappy2000: 1:42pm On May 19, 2018
If we can work out anarranfo days only in a week then. I return n u inspect it o
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by jcshols: 1:55pm On May 19, 2018
Carshopper:

Tell us the model, year and brand

We give you our monthly rent payable

2005 Toyota Corolla.

Whilst responding to this,kindly give me the price list for other vehicles. Thanks.
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by alterego17: 2:08pm On May 19, 2018
OP waz ur rate for camry 01 4plug
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 5:27pm On May 19, 2018
alterego17:
OP waz ur rate for camry 01 4plug

I don't accept 2001
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 5:33pm On May 19, 2018
jcshols:

2005 Toyota Corolla.

Whilst responding to this,kindly give me the price listr for other vehicles. Thanks.

Ok ... 20k and we take care of all (insurance and tracker)
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by jcshols: 1:57pm On May 20, 2018
May I have your price list for various vehicles please?
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 6:37pm On May 21, 2018
jcshols:
May I have your price list for various vehicles please?

kindly chat us
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 6:38pm On May 21, 2018
Today tough day.... one vehicle down ...ac repairs
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by jcshols: 9:56am On May 22, 2018
Carshopper:

kindly chat us

On WhatsApp?May I have the contact details with which to chat with you
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by shepherdchurch: 11:37am On May 22, 2018
I have a 2010 corolla and plan on buy two 2006 toyota matrix for the business this week.
Is matrix good for the business?
Can you manage these cars for me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Petroleum Business Using A 15,000 Litres Small Truck / Servicing The Transport And Haulage Business / OPEC To Lose Market Share In 2014 As Rivals Pump More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.