Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,866 members, 7,855,552 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 03:35 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (2140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1691837 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2137) (2138) (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) (2143) ... (4172) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by donjazet(m): 11:13am On Apr 10, 2021
raumdeuter:

It's wrong to blame just right wingers

If you are fair you will see that the leftist throw insults regularly but only complain when someone gives them back

I'm not talking about the disrespect, it's more to do with the fact that right wingers have now chosen not to live in reality but in an alternate reality.
They now purposely peddle very false narratives and it's now impossible to have decent conversations with any because of their outrageous narratives.

Raumdeuter, please indulge me,do you think the last election was free, fair and transparent or do you buy into the narrative there was a wide spread orchestrated rigging of the last election?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 11:14am On Apr 10, 2021
budaatum:

Where I live they'd be blamed for assuming guilt and danger and for creating a situation by not being civil, but I guess the right to carry guns makes cops see people as guilty and dangerous until proven otherwise over there.

Shows the society has problems, to me.

There is. A growing lack of trust between the police and the citizenry fuelled by other social problems like lack of good mental health care, lack of good social safety nets not to even add on the prevalence of guns. Its a gordian knot wrapping itself tighter with each event like this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 11:31am On Apr 10, 2021
Weregonnalose:

Finally we agree on something. They feel it is always good to follow popular opinion. The police gave a lawful order. Follow it. The car is tinted, for two cops to be at the scene with different squad cars in means something must have happened we don't know.
Sometimes the popular opinion is the truth. It does not make sense to always go against popular opinion because it makes us feel special or different.

It's not everyone that follows police orders or any other orders for that matter. Just like opinion deviants, there are many social deviants. If everyone follows the law and police orders, there would not be need for the police. The US police need to be trained on how to handle such situations without killing citizens they are meant to protect. You hardly hear of British police, the Canadian police or even the Chinese police kill unarmed civilians anyhow. They are becoming like Nigeria's SARS.

A lot of videos of cops getting killed when they ask for drivers licence or suspect shoots at them as they approach the car.

This is what I call a feedback cycle. Police is usually brutal when arresting blacks. Blacks have been complaining of police murders for decades and nothing had been done to address the problem. Many blacks have been conditioned to hate and fear the police at the same time. When they are stopped by police, they already have the mindset that either they shoot first or the police shoots first. The cycle of violence goes on and on, increasing with each generation.

The brutal manner George Floyd was murdered would have a lasting impression on Black kids and youths.

if Chauvin is allowed to go Scot free. It will also further embolden more white officers to continue profiling and murdering black young men, because if George Floyd murder that was captured live with so many cameras can be found innocent, then would there ever be enough evidence to convict any other police murders on black youths.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:31am On Apr 10, 2021
LordReed:

There is. A growing lack of trust between the police and the citizenry fuelled by other social problems like lack of good mental health care, lack of good social safety nets not to even add on the prevalence of guns. Its a gordian knot wrapping itself tighter with each event like this.
That's the reason for the defund the police brigade, to spend the money on "good mental health care and good social safety nets", but we all know how that narrative is easily twisted by the endemic lack of trust between many of both races that go decades and centuries deep.

A tightening gordian knot indeed.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 11:34am On Apr 10, 2021
LordReed:

Exactly the same thing I said above. It's a vicious cycle of violence between blacks and police and something needs to be done fast.
The US needs to understand that policing is not all about violence and force but maintaining peace and social justice.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by donjazet(m): 11:37am On Apr 10, 2021
Weregonnalose:

Finally we agree on something. They feel it is always good to follow popular opinion. The police gave a lawful order. Follow it. The car is tinted, for two cops to be at the scene with different squad cars in means something must have happened we don't know.

A lot of videos of cops getting killed when they ask for drivers licence or suspect shoots at them as they approach the car.

The fact that we both agree on this gives me cause for concern. Its almost like I'm very ashamed of that.
This would be my last reply to you ever.

You must know that i am not minimizing racism in the US. Racism is very alive and kicking in the US.
I am very surprised that nobody here have posted the very racist interview tucker carlson gave yesterday. It was almost like he was quoting hitler's mein kempt word for word.
Tucker carlson and fox have now succeeded in normalizing and mainstreaming far right extremism such that people are no longer shocked when they do it.

Yesterday, tucker boldly adopted the very white supremacist "replacement theory" and very few people budged about this because they are so used to it. This is a racist theory adopted by hitler's nazism being streamlined and you have black coons like yourself cheering him on when his beliefs run counter to your own welfare and safety.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:41am On Apr 10, 2021
Q is claimed to be an extra-dimensional being of unknown origin who is believed to possess immeasurable power over time, space, the laws of physics, and the reality of magas themself, being capable of altering it to its whim. Despite Q's supposed vast knowledge and experience spanning alleged untold eons (and much to the exasperation of the object(s) of his obsession), Q is not above practical jokes for Q's own personal amusement, for a Machiavellian and manipulative purpose, or to prove a point. Q is said to be almost omnipotent and is continually evasive regarding true motivations and peddles an alternate dimension accessible only to the Q and their "invited" guests. The nature of the realm is said to be beyond the comprehension of "lesser beings" such as rational humans, therefore it is shown to irrational humans only in ways they can understand; e.g., a run-down gas station in the 'middle of [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_%28Star_Trek%29?wprov=sfla1]nowhere'[/url].
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:46am On Apr 10, 2021
donjazet:

The fact that we both agree on this gives me cause for concern. Its almost like I'm very ashamed of that.

You must know that i am not minimizing racism in the US. Racism is very alive and kicking in the US.
I am very surprised that nobody here have posted the very racist interview tucker carlson gave yesterday. It was almost like he was quoting hitler's mein kempt word for word.
Tucker carlson and fox have now succeeded in normalizing and mainstreaming far right extremism such that people are no longer shocked when they do it.

Yesterday, tucker boldly adopted the very white supremacist "replacement theory" and very few people budged about this because they are so used to it. This is a racist theory adopted by hitler's nazism being streamlined and you have black coons like yourself cheering him on when his beliefs run counter to your own welfare and safety.

He said he can't be believed so we don't bother much, but why didn't you post it?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Weregonnalose: 11:49am On Apr 10, 2021
wirinet:

Sometimes the popular opinion is the truth. It does not make sense to always go against popular opinion because it makes us feel special or different.

It's not everyone that follows police orders or any other orders for that matter. Just like opinion deviants, there are many social deviants. If everyone follows the law and police orders, there would not be need for the police. The US police need to be trained on how to handle such situations without killing citizens they are meant to protect. You hardly hear of British police, the Canadian police or even the Chinese police kill unarmed civilians anyhow. They are becoming like Nigeria's SARS.

This is what I call a feedback cycle. Police is usually brutal when arresting blacks. Blacks have been complaining of police murders for decades and nothing had been done to address the problem. Many blacks have been conditioned to hate and fear the police at the same time. When they are stopped by police, they already have the mindset that either they shoot first or the police shoots first. The cycle of violence goes on and on, increasing with each generation.

The brutal manner George Floyd was murdered would have a lasting impression on Black kids and youths.

if Chauvin is allowed to go Scot free. It will also further embolden more white officers to continue profiling and murdering black young men, because if George Floyd murder that was captured live with so many cameras can be found innocent, then would there ever be enough evidence to convict any other police murders on black youths.

Police order and laws of the land are not the same thing. One of the laws of the land is to follow a lawful order.

Police are afraid too. They are humans and they get killed in situations like this. The only way to calm the police and don't be a reason why BLM make 90million dollars is to follow their orders. If you are killed by following their orders... You will get killed 10 times over by not following their orders.

George floyd would be alive maybe alive if he did not resist. If he complied they would have drove him the station.

We should be careful with police instructions. They want to go to their families and are afraid as well.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Weregonnalose: 11:54am On Apr 10, 2021
donjazet:

There are difference in being a racist and not being afraid to say political incorrect things.

These days everything is racist. Voter ID is racist.
So what exactly is the racist thing he said ?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Weregonnalose: 11:57am On Apr 10, 2021
donjazet:

We both agree that the sky is blue. Fact is fact. No one is denying racism. But not everything the left say is racist is racist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 12:22pm On Apr 10, 2021
Oh wait, Biden has set up a commission to look into the possible consequences/effect of expanding d U.S Supreme Court grin grin

Joe Biden in his early days in the Senate said such move was a "bonehead idea" and during the recent Preelection Campaign said he wasn't "a fan of packing d Courts"

WHAT NOW?! grin grin

Dems cannot be trusted, they always circle back.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 12:23pm On Apr 10, 2021
Weregonnalose:

We both agree that the sky is blue. Fact is fact. No one is denying racism. But not everything the left say is racist is racist.
Watching them allude everything to racism is like the child that cried wolf grin grin over and over again
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Weregonnalose: 12:34pm On Apr 10, 2021
obixcel:
Watching them allude everything to racism is like the child that cried wolf grin grin over and over again

No one will take them serious when they talk about racism all the time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 12:39pm On Apr 10, 2021
The election was conducted by mail, a concession to the pandemic. Instead of holding an election over just a few days, workers had more than a month to complete and mail in their ballots, which were due on March 29.

Guess who lost!

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by sanpipita(m): 12:51pm On Apr 10, 2021

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Weregonnalose: 12:55pm On Apr 10, 2021
sanpipita:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-vote-dc-statehood-bill-week-april-19

DC statehood bill to voted on this coming week

Fox news is fake news grin but they still source it.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 1:02pm On Apr 10, 2021
obixcel:
Oh wait, Biden has set up a commission to look into the possible consequences/effect of expanding d U.S Supreme Court grin grin

Joe Biden in his early days in the Senate said such move was a "bonehead idea" and during the recent Preelection Campaign said he wasn't "a fan of packing d Courts"

WHAT NOW?! grin grin

---Hence, reason why politicians of any party can't be trusted---now that power lies with the Dems---they are free to decide on the size of the U.S. Supreme Court---Republicans will do the same if they find themselves in that position---they confirmed 3 Supreme Court Judges---

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 1:06pm On Apr 10, 2021
donjazet:

Going by this video, I don't know what happened after this, but going by what I watched, I don't blame the police officers in this instance.
One could see that the black veteran severely tested their patience.
You all have to understand that being a police officer in a fully armed country is very risky and many instances like these have lead to unnecessary deaths of the officers.

Unlike britain or canada, america has a staggering gun culture and drug culture that encourages the ownership of guns and many at times, many of these gun owners being high or drunk leading to soo many highly charged and tense situations.
The vet could have easily obeyed orders at the first instance and clarify whatever situation caught their attention.

Furthermore, this has nothing to do with race\racism. The vet could easily have also been white and it will still be tensed. We sometimes shouldn't be quick to attach the racism card to every single incident between white and black people.

When I mentioned sometime ago that I can see visible progress in you, this is an example of what I am talking about

Human beings generally can have issues with one another and not all the time does it have to be because of different shades of melanin, There are people of the same color you dont like
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 1:17pm On Apr 10, 2021
donjazet:

I'm not talking about the disrespect, it's more to do with the fact that right wingers have now chosen not to live in reality but in an alternate reality.
They now purposely peddle very false narratives and it's now impossible to have decent conversations with any because of their outrageous narratives.

The choice not to have a decent conversation is on "you" not you in particular but the poster. The main reason this thread has become unreadable is because of infantile insults thrown around everywhere.

It's possible to state your facts, share your opinions and disagree while remaining civil.

If you say it's possible for you to have a decent conversation because of something, then how do you expect them to reply to you? At the end of the day, it simply becomes mudslinging of "your mother is fat" vs "Your father is ugly" from people who are adults and some parents

Rumdeuter, please indulge me,do you think the last election was free, fair and transparent or do you buy into the narrative there was a wide spread orchestrated rigging of the last election?
To your other question, No election is 100% without some irregularities, but I think the last election did not have enough to make it unfree and unfair.
In my opinion, The last election was free and fair and Biden is the rightful winner

While saying that, any aggrieved person has the right to pursue redress at the court if they think the election was not fair, but the moment the supreme court rules. That is the end just like in other issues. If you and I disagree over anything, we both have a right to go to court, but once the court rules, then we take our L and sit down
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Weregonnalose: 1:19pm On Apr 10, 2021
feedthenation:

---Hence, reason why politicians of any party can't be trusted---now that power lies with the Dems---they are free to decide on the size of the U.S. Supreme Court---Republicans will do the same if they find themselves in that position---they confirmed 3 Supreme Court Judges---

Republicans don't do these kind of things. No need for hypotheticals.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 1:27pm On Apr 10, 2021
wirinet:

It's not everyone that follows police orders or any other orders for that matter. Just like opinion deviants, there are many social deviants. If everyone follows the law and police orders, there would not be need for the police. The US police need to be trained on how to handle such situations without killing citizens they are meant to protect. You hardly hear of British police, the Canadian police or even the Chinese police kill unarmed civilians anyhow. They are becoming like Nigeria's SARS..
Its different in a country without guns vs a country with more guns than people

Police do not have spare lives too and are always on the edge as every encounter with police in America is potentially more deadly than anywhere else in the world. It's you duty as a citizen to obey the law enforcement
If there were more guns in Canada, China and UK more than people, I believe the police in those places will have more shootings too

In other countries, a normal road rage ends up with people flipping the finger, In America where normal road rage can end in shooting
In other countries a bullied kid sucks it up, In America, they pick guns and shoot people

America is not the only country where racism exists, Its not the only place where different races co-exist in same place rather its the place where there are more guns than everywhere else. A racist cop in Canada will probably use batons on you because he has no reason to fear for his life, while a regular cop in America that isn't even racist will shoot
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 1:32pm On Apr 10, 2021
feedthenation:

The last Republican regime confirmed 3 judges because there were openings, they did not increase the size of the court

But if Dems want to, they should go ahead, just remember that when the other party wins, they will do the same thing just like we learnt with the nuclear option
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 1:33pm On Apr 10, 2021
raumdeuter:
America is not the only country where racism exists, Its not the only place where different races co-exist in same place rather its the place where there are more guns than everywhere else.

And that's why something must be done about it!

Imagine Nigeria with Second Amendment!
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 1:34pm On Apr 10, 2021
obixcel:

WHAT NOW?! grin grin

I dont think Biden will pack the court.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Weregonnalose: 1:35pm On Apr 10, 2021
raumdeuter:

I dont think Biden will pack the court.

Then why is he doing what he is doing ?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 1:39pm On Apr 10, 2021
budaatum:
And that's why something must be done about it!
Imagine Nigeria with Second Amendment!

Not only Nigeria, Even Mecca or Vatican if they have more guns than people will be like America

Do you know how many times people get very angry at the next person and after a cold beer they just forget it and move on?
Its part of life to be very angry and to calm down later.
Do you know how many times people play soccer or any sport, felt robbed and feel like killing the other team or referee, but later they just calm down and move on with life

But when guns are in the mix there are some people we all have met in life who have explosive personalities, Imagine that one with a gun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 1:41pm On Apr 10, 2021
Weregonnalose:

Then why is he doing what he is doing ?

Just set up commission to placate the people who want it, Doing it is setting a very dangerous precendent
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Weregonnalose: 1:49pm On Apr 10, 2021
raumdeuter:

Just set up commission to placate the people who want it, Doing it is setting a very dangerous precendent

Nobody wants it. The people did not ask for it. It is those on the house of reps that brought up that idea because they cannot handle or stand an orange man doing his duty to fill any open seat in the court
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 1:50pm On Apr 10, 2021
raumdeuter:

Not only Nigeria, Even Mecca or Vatican if they have more guns than people will be like America

Do you know how many times people get very angry at the next person and after a cold beer they just forget it and move on?
Its part of life to be very angry and to calm down later.
Do you know how many times people play soccer or any sport, felt robbed and feel like killing the other team or referee, but later they just calm down and move on with life

But when guns are in the mix there are some people we all have met in life who have explosive personalities, Imagine that one with a gun

Which is why, wisely, those nations you mentioned do not have a Second Amendment, and why America should consider an amendment to the Second Amendment. It will only get worse if they don't.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 1:54pm On Apr 10, 2021
raumdeuter:

As in talk? Smoke and mirrors, not really gonna happen?

That's what I think. Biden isn't that dumb, and to be honest the Supreme Court has been pretty impartial so far even to the point of being accused by the right of leaning left so there's really no need for him to.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 1:57pm On Apr 10, 2021
budaatum:

Which is why, wisely, those nations you mentioned do not have a Second Amendment, and why America should consider an amendment to the Second Amendment. It will only get worse if they don't.

A repeal of the amendments might not be possible but full background checks and mental evaluation for potential gun owners can be done. Make it harder for sick people to get guns.

Also consider that those countries do not have a border with a cartel run country so getting illegal guns will be harder than in US

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2137) (2138) (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) (2143) ... (4172) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.