Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi (48404 Views)

Chuba Akpom Dumps England For Nigeria / Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria / Tammy Abraham To Dump England For Nigeria, Meets Pinnick In London. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by sharpwriter(m): 8:16pm On May 20, 2018
EsotericMonk:

No he can't. Once capped by the a senior team, he can't be capped by any other nation.

Eeyah....na wa o
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by dotcomnamename: 8:21pm On May 20, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I pity those who believe him.
So he loves Nigeria more yet he can sing the English anthem but not the Nigerian.
Who is deceiving who?

The truth is;
He couldn't get into the English Senior National team but getting a shirt in the Nigerian senior team even as a minor was a piece of cake courtesy of his uncle JayJay.

These folks should learn to say the truth.

Some one that lived in England all his life and represented them in the youth level then you accusing him for knowing how to sing there National anthem..

I pity the money you wasted educating your self
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by sunbreaker: 8:58pm On May 20, 2018
If you are good enough,you will be selected ask Dele Ali
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by Sanctecosma(m): 9:20pm On May 20, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I pity those who believe him.
So he loves Nigeria more yet he can sing the English anthem but not the Nigerian.
Who is deceiving who?

The truth is;
He couldn't get into the English Senior National team but getting a shirt in the Nigerian senior team even as a minor was a piece of cake courtesy of his uncle JayJay.

These folks should learn to say the truth.

You see your life? So singing the national anthem has become a prerequisite for loyalty and love for one's country. Let me ask you, how many of your so called leaders knows how to sing the anthem?

1 Like

Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by maasoap(m): 10:32pm On May 20, 2018
massinola:

Do you actually rush to comment on every topic because you have something reasonable to say or because of likes. To me you sound unreasonable each time you post these shits you post here. So singing the national anthem is now the criteria for measuring one's love for his/her country abi? Then why are we in this mess we are in this country? Because our leaders know this anthem and sing it in every gathering. If it is not love for Nigeria but for easy shirt as you claimed, why didn't Tami Abraham do the same, Agbolaho nko? Because these guys knew they wouldn't be able to break into England squad but still they chose them over us. Not everyone is like you OK

I don't know why you guys still respond to that clown's stupid comments. Once I saw his username, I would just read his comment if I could and move on. He always craves for attention on nairaland, may be he's not getting one in his environment.
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by kbbanj10(m): 12:25am On May 21, 2018
EsotericMonk:

Bros form is besides the point. He chose Nigeria at the point he got to a cross road in his international career, knowing fully well that if he played at the U23 level, he has to commit to the 3 Lions. If he was that patriotic why didn't he chose Nigeria in the age grade competition, those were even the times when his cousin's praise was still sung by many.
This has nothing to do with complexity, its more about being smart and putting 2 and 2 together.
If you know, Kindly furnish us with any player of Nigerian parents who has excelled with a European nation asides playing pointless friendlies.
Let's call a spade by its name, Iwobi deserves no praise for choosing Nigeria, he was only being clever by half and without him we would do just fine. Needless to say that the talent pool in Nigeria is deeper than that of England, so what are you going on about?
Just leave them, we actually know better. Fact is where is Gabriel Agbonlahor today? Though its late Let him choose England he would've gone into oblivion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by Nobody: 9:19am On May 21, 2018

1 Like

Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by yehmy(m): 9:52am On May 21, 2018
cana882:
Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and WORK
Acts 3:1-10 did you attend upsurge on sunday?
Re: Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi by Eldee54321(m): 8:36pm On May 28, 2018
sharpwriter:

Can't he still make it to the Super eagles squad if he shows interest?
Naah he chose ENGLAND already...NO GOING back..look at agbonlahor....where is he now.... Maybe nxt world cup or maybe nations cup...he might change his mind.. Bt for NOW...Nope it's too late

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Argentina Win 2022 World Cup, Beating France In Penalty Shootout (Pictures) / Nigeria Super Eagles Jerseys All Sold Out – What's Really Happening / We Will Rather Die Than To Lose To Super Eagles — Guinea Bissau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.