Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,032 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (168955 Views)

20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen / The Official Nairaland Kitchen Pt. 2!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (107) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 5:56pm On May 28, 2010
r231:

Tuwo and gbegiri pls cheesy grin

unfortunately i don't know the english name for it cheesy grin
gbegiri___bean stew

ingredients
450g / llb white or red beans
6 fresh chillies (liquidise)
2 medium onions ( liquidise)
450g / llb fresh tomatoes ( liquidise)
I kg / 21b dry smoked fish
3 tablespoon tomato puree
I oz iru (locust bean)
200ml / 7/7 oz palm-oil
2ltr / 4pts stock
225g / 8oz ground crayfish
salt to taste

how to prepare
To skin beans: Soak beans for 20 minutes. Rub and squeeze together with both hands to peel the skin off the beans. Continue rubbing and rinsing until all the skin is removed. Boil the skinned beans for 35 minutes until soft and almost cooked. Add the rest of the ingredients and more stock. Simmer for another 20minutes , see that the beans has turned into a smooth paste and that the ingredients are well blended into it. Season to taste

ENJOY kiss kiss

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by denzel2009: 5:59pm On May 28, 2010
I feel like eating moinmoin now. Missy B, could you pls do something about this long throat?
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 6:05pm On May 28, 2010
9zz! hehe!
Can I av Ewedu n rice & a cup of omi-garri to wash it down plzz?!
@Moyola here is what you ordered for wink wink

ingredients
2 cups (½ liter) ewedu leaves
1 teaspoonful Iru
potash (optional)
salt

how to prepare
1.Remove Ewedu leaves from the stem, and wash them.
2.Chop into pieces on chopping board.
3.Put one cup of water on fire and bring to a boil.
4.Pour the chopped ewedu into the boiling water.
5.Add the Iru (and the potash if desired)
6.Allow to boil for 10 minutes, with the pot uncovered.
7.Add salt to taste and cook for another five minutes.

[b]NOTE[/b]___thats ewedu with stew wink cheesy as for omi-garri i really dont get that slangs embarassed
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 6:06pm On May 28, 2010
here is your food, enjoy

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 6:08pm On May 28, 2010
denzel2009:

I feel like eating moinmoin now. Missy B, could you pls do something about this long throat?
Missy is not here right now so can i take your order or you wanna wait for her? cheesy
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by denzel2009: 6:14pm On May 28, 2010
y me:

Missy is not here right now so can i take your order or you wanna wait for her? cheesy

Pls do me 7 lives moinmoin. Thanks
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 6:40pm On May 28, 2010
denzel2009:

Pls do me 7 lives moinmoin. Thanks
ingredients
1. 3 cups of bean
2. Red hot peppers (Rodo and Tatase)
3. 1 large Onion
4. Fish / Corned beef
5. Egg
6. Shrimps (Dried or boiled)
7. Edible oil (Palm, groundnut or vegetable oil)
8. Seasoning cube
9 Salt
10. Leaves for wrapping/tin cups/small plastic plates

how to prepare
Boil fish and eggs, then slice the eggs and break the fish into small bits then set aside.
Peel the fine outer covering of the bean pods; soak beans in water for about a minute or 2 to enable the easy peeling.
The peeled beans are then blended together with the peppers and onion in a food processor until a smooth paste is achieved.
The edible oil which is then poured into the bowl containing the blended beans should be warmed but should not be hot. Seasoning and salt to taste is also added, the entire mixture is then stirred in thoroughly.
Using a ladle pour into container of choice (Note: Leaves are to be shaped into a cone in one's hand to achieve the traditional pyramid shape) then put in the shrimps and eggs and boiled fish or corned beef.
A pot which is about a tenth filled with water is placed on the fire and the containers with the mixture are arranged in the pot which should be properly covered as moin moin is dependent on steam to cook well. A steam pot should be used where available.
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 6:41pm On May 28, 2010
enjoy wink

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by denzel2009: 6:42pm On May 28, 2010
Awwwww thanks, I owe you one wink
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 6:45pm On May 28, 2010
^^^^^^you are welcome smiley
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 6:54pm On May 28, 2010
Oxtail Soup (Caribbean Style) kiss

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 6:56pm On May 28, 2010
Cocktail lamb and prawns wink

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 6:58pm On May 28, 2010
spicy cooked goat/sheep head cheesy

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by mamagee3(f): 7:06pm On May 28, 2010
May I have a plateful of Stewed rice, please?

Plus, those pictures are making me hungry.
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 7:08pm On May 28, 2010
mama-gee:

May I have a plateful of Stewed rice, please?
Plus, those pictures are making me hungry.

here you go baby, enjoy wink wink

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by mamagee3(f): 7:10pm On May 28, 2010
May I have a bowl of pepper soup, please?

Please, don't say I'm greedy. embarassed
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 7:33pm On May 28, 2010
Rainbow Rice with juice

ENJOY grin

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB1(m): 7:38pm On May 28, 2010
y me:

LMAO grin grin grin
we will definitely cook in perfect peace cause not Sauron or tkb can find my sexy body out grin grin tongue
so they are all yours dear am just gonna concentrate on serving our hungry customers grin

Good!
Please, could You serve me beans and bread? embarassed
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB1(m): 7:41pm On May 28, 2010
MyJoe:

Hungarian goulash, please?  smiley
Here You go, [b]My[/b]Joe wink

[img]http://kimfrye.files./2009/04/mimosa.jpg[/img]

Want sum'n' else? smiley
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 7:41pm On May 28, 2010
Missy B:

Good!
coming up me too want paella embarassed
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 7:48pm On May 28, 2010
Missy B:

Good!
i took my time and prepared Black eyed Beans & sweetcorn for you, hope you like it? embarassed

ENJOY kiss kiss

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 7:51pm On May 28, 2010
enjoy the Caribbean food cheesy

Rice & Peas along with Guiness Punch cheesy

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB1(m): 7:52pm On May 28, 2010
y me:

i took my time and prepared Black eyed Beans & sweetcorn for you, hope you like it? embarassed

ENJOY kiss kiss
Thanks Sweerie . . . I Likey!  kiss kiss
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB1(m): 7:54pm On May 28, 2010
y me:

me too want paella embarassed
Here it is, for You Darl.

[img]http://images.voiaganto.it/spagna/comunita-valenciana/valencia/recensione-paella-valenciana-valencia-P11050PZ.jpg[/img]

Enjoy!!  smiley
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 7:56pm On May 28, 2010
Missy B:

Here it is, for You Darl.

Enjoy!! smiley
you are the best kiss, i love it
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by jaybee3(m): 7:57pm On May 28, 2010
I actually had the seafood paella for lunch. hmmmmm yummy  tongue tongue
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Newest: 7:59pm On May 28, 2010
I wasent hungry b4 i came on this thread, now Yme and Missy B don do my belly strong tin
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by yme1(f): 8:03pm On May 28, 2010
jay bee:

I actually had the seafood paella for lunch. hmmmmm yummy tongue tongue
me like paella very much smiley

Newest:

I wasent hungry b4 i came on this thread, now Yme and Missy B don do my belly strong tin
and i gat something to kill that hunger wink

Eba and Ugu vegetable soup with guiness punch kiss grin

Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Moyola(f): 8:12pm On May 28, 2010
@ MissyB
Hehe! I kant help ma appetite sometymz!. . .tenkz buh no tenkz shaa! cheesy

Kan I av fried turkey, fried cow's tongue & ribena. . .strawberry flava plzz! cool
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Moyola(f): 8:17pm On May 28, 2010
y me:

@Moyola here is what you ordered for wink wink

ingredients
2 cups (½ liter) ewedu leaves
1 teaspoonful Iru
potash (optional)
salt

how to prepare
1.Remove Ewedu leaves from the stem, and wash them.
2.Chop into pieces on chopping board.
3.Put one cup of water on fire and bring to a boil.
4.Pour the chopped ewedu into the boiling water.
5.Add the Iru (and the potash if desired)
6.Allow to boil for 10 minutes, with the pot uncovered.
7.Add salt to taste and cook for another five minutes.

[b]NOTE[/b]___thats ewedu with stew wink cheesy as for omi-garri i really dont get that slangs embarassed

Ooo! Y-me! yu dint include d rice naa. . .omi-garri iznt a slang nau. . .i tink d english forrit is 'Garrium sulphate water' lol! yu gerrit now?. . .nywaz tankyu!

M patiently awaiting d arrival of ma evening meal! cool tongue
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Newest: 8:19pm On May 28, 2010
y me:

me like paella very much smiley
and i gat something to kill that hunger wink

Eba and Ugu vegetable soup with guiness punch kiss grin

Yme pls let me go wif u
Re: The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MissyB1(m): 8:19pm On May 28, 2010
Moyola:

@ MissyB
Hehe! I kant help ma appetite sometymz!. . .tenkz buh no tenkz shaa! cheesy

Kan I av fried turkey, fried cow's tongue & ribena. . .strawberry flava plzz! cool
You go wait tireeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
In fact, No more food for You in this Kitchen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (107)

Baby Food Recipes! / List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) / Making A Very Fluffy Cake?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.