Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,987 members, 7,821,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy (40654 Views)

Wofai Fada’s In-laws Reject Marriage To Their Son, Release Public Statement (Pic / Linda Ikeji Speaks On Her Pregnancy: My Greatest Dream Has Finally Been Realised / Did Funke Akindele Lose Her Pregnancy? Why Are Fans Sympathizing With Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by Obakoolex(m): 12:33pm On May 21, 2018
midolian:
Long speech without "marriage", "marry" "marrying" "married", "wed", "wedding", "husband", or "fiance"

What has this world turned into?

God bless you o
Not even mentioning for once the man responsible as if she downloaded d belle online grin

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by 2016v2017: 12:50pm On May 21, 2018
IamD18:
Getting pregnant out of wedlock shouldn't be an acheivement or a thing to boast of, we worship money so much that we find it difficult to unmask the truth in this country.

There's no different from Linda Ikeji with a village girl who got pregnant out of wedlock.

They are both loosed, cheap and maritally bankrupt for getting pregnant without a husband.
Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by Moses247(m): 1:09pm On May 21, 2018
Those that wants to copy her should also have it at the back of their mind that she is financially capable of taking care of her child. .no be tomorrow we go come hear say all men re scum, he left me after Pregnanting me? �
Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by mkoabiola: 1:22pm On May 21, 2018
Even d daura dictator never read a long speech like ds at the nus concluded UN meeting.

So y d noise all cos of pregnancy
Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by Sunsets: 1:40pm On May 21, 2018
Culture is really dynamic; otherwise, this is ime okwa (a by-product of careless ikwa iko) and would have been a shameful admission of promiscuity. No known husband (safe a faceless interested party, purported engagement and an engagement ring), pregnancy and celebration. Some hypos would term the baby a bastard. Time has changed.
11Ebisco:
Linda Ikeji’s official public statement of her pregnancy

Did you guys read the title of this post? Should I write it again? Oh God, I can’t breath…lol. So let me say that again…I, Linda Ikeji, is going to be a mum. Somebody please pinch me! Gosh, I can’t get over it.

2018 started with me finding out I was pregnant. When I missed my period and my friend and I did a home pregnancy test and it read positive, my friend began to cry with happiness but I was just there staring at the stick like, you’re not messing with me, are you? This is real and not a joke on me, right? I refused to believe it and asked my friend to drive me to a lab for another test. And there it was confirmed, I was pregnant. Me, Linda, I am going to have my own child. Please don’t wake me up from this lovely dream..lol

So many women have had children, so what’s the big deal, huh? Lol. Well, you see me, I’m somewhat of a different case. There’s something about me that I have never talked about publicly before and that’s the fact that I love children so much (I took that from my dad), and I am particularly obsessed with babies, and I mean that literally. Their pureness, innocence, little beautiful faces, tiny hands and soft cheeks make me just want to be around them.

I grew up in a compound with a lot of neighbours and believe it or not, as a teenager/young woman, I was the unofficial resident babysitter. I swear, ask my siblings. I literally carried all the new born babies born in that compound at a period of time until they grew up to a certain age. Their mums used to come drop the babies at our house whenever they were tired or wanted to go out, this was, of course, to the annoyance of my family…lol.

The first baby I carried was a boy named Makoba (wonder where he is now, this was about 20 years ago, he will be a big boy now). From the first day I carried him, I didn’t want to let him go…so every time I had free time, and his mum hadn’t brought him to me, I would walk two floors up, knock on his family’s door and ask them if they wanted me to take the child off them for a while. I was always happy when they said yes. After him other mums started dropping their kids with me.

Back then my sisters and I used to take turns to cook every day of the week. So whenever it was my turn to cook and I was babysitting and they insisted I go cook, I’d tell my sisters to either hold the baby for me so I could go cook or they go cook. They always chose the latter. Lol.

Then my siblings started having children and I started to feel more joy. These were no longer neighbours’ or friends’ children, these were my nephews and nieces. My family! And carrying them brought me even more joy. Like for example, whenever I see my sister Laura’s son, Ryan, I shriek with happiness. He’s the love of my life…lol. If I was planning to go out and I heard my beautiful nephews and niece were coming over to the house, most times, I change plans and just stay home with them. I’m a homebody, I like to stay home (that’s why I bought a big house…lol).

So now imagine that in a few months, I will look down at a baby, and it won’t be a neighbor’s child, a friend’s child, a sister’s child, but my own child, my own flesh and blood, carried in my womb. My own son. It’s surreal. I can’t get over it.

You guys think DJ Khaled is obsessed with his son, Asahd? Wait until this one gets here. He’s not even here yet and I already ordered a Bentley Mulsanne for us. I swear! Lol. Like, I can’t keep calm. Oh and please, nannies, stay away from me. I’ve got this covered! Thank you. Lol.

Sometimes when I’m lying down and I feel him moving around inside me (he’s so hyper already, constantly moving around…lol), I just get up and cradle my tummy and smile. Lol. I can’t wait for these months to go by so I can meet him. My own son!

Dear son, of every dream I have had, every achievement, every milestone, out of all my accomplishments and titles, all the money and worldly possession I have, nothing compares to you. You are my greatest blessing, my gift from heaven, my greatest dream realized. I love you more than life itself and I can’t wait to meet you and give you so many kisses. And of course, spoil you! You will hear ‘I love you’ loud and clear so many times, you will beg me to stop. I can’t wait to hold you in my arms. .

I know I’m going to be the best mum ever! I was born for this and I am finally ready! And now I want to do more, achieve more, so lil man will be proud of his mama.

Considering how much I love children, sometimes I wonder why I didn’t have them earlier. But like my dad said, miracles like this finally happen when God is ready to share you.

Anyway, as you all know, I’ve always shared every milestone, every good thing that’s happened to me over the years with you guys and I definitely wanted to also share this joy with you. I’ve been wanting to scream about this since I found out many months ago but my family and friends have been telling me to ‘calm down Linda, calm down’…lol. I’m now way into my second trimester, so I guess it’s okay to share my joy.

May God grant you what you desire the most and may all your dreams come true.

Oh, by the way, I’ll be having a baby shower in a few weeks and I will definitely love for some of you amazing, loyal female readers to come celebrate with me. Will communicate when the time comes.

Plenty kisses and God bless

Linda Ikeji

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/linda-ikejis-official-public-statement.html
Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by ADRIAN88(m): 1:41pm On May 21, 2018
midolian:
Long speech without "marriage", "marry" "marrying" "married", "wed", "wedding", "husband", or "fiance"

What has this world turned into?

A special gift from me to you; FREE TOLL PASS ANYTIME YOU'RE IN LEKKI AXIS FOR TWO YEARS STRAIGHT.

Sunny afternoon here in Lekki Phase 4!

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by agarawu23(m): 1:43pm On May 21, 2018
biacan:
Go and marry agarawu cool
will marry u if u are available. We will start with babies first before marriage grin

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by dosht(f): 1:45pm On May 21, 2018
Dannyset:
Anybody noticed where she used the word "my friend" like 3 times? That's the baby Daddy there. It could be Seun tho! grin
You took the word out of my mouth.
I'm suspecting Nairaland CEO

Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 21, 2018
11Ebisco:
Linda Ikeji’s official public statement of her pregnancy

Did you guys read the title of this post? Should I write it again? Oh God, I can’t breath…lol. So let me say that again…I, Linda Ikeji, is going to be a mum. Somebody please pinch me! Gosh, I can’t get over it.

2018 started with me finding out I was pregnant. When I missed my period and my friend and I did a home pregnancy test and it read positive, my friend began to cry with happiness but I was just there staring at the stick like, you’re not messing with me, are you? This is real and not a joke on me, right? I refused to believe it and asked my friend to drive me to a lab for another test. And there it was confirmed, I was pregnant. Me, Linda, I am going to have my own child. Please don’t wake me up from this lovely dream..lol

So many women have had children, so what’s the big deal, huh? Lol. Well, you see me, I’m somewhat of a different case. There’s something about me that I have never talked about publicly before and that’s the fact that I love children so much (I took that from my dad), and I am particularly obsessed with babies, and I mean that literally. Their pureness, innocence, little beautiful faces, tiny hands and soft cheeks make me just want to be around them.

I grew up in a compound with a lot of neighbours and believe it or not, as a teenager/young woman, I was the unofficial resident babysitter. I swear, ask my siblings. I literally carried all the new born babies born in that compound at a period of time until they grew up to a certain age. Their mums used to come drop the babies at our house whenever they were tired or wanted to go out, this was, of course, to the annoyance of my family…lol.

The first baby I carried was a boy named Makoba (wonder where he is now, this was about 20 years ago, he will be a big boy now). From the first day I carried him, I didn’t want to let him go…so every time I had free time, and his mum hadn’t brought him to me, I would walk two floors up, knock on his family’s door and ask them if they wanted me to take the child off them for a while. I was always happy when they said yes. After him other mums started dropping their kids with me.

Back then my sisters and I used to take turns to cook every day of the week. So whenever it was my turn to cook and I was babysitting and they insisted I go cook, I’d tell my sisters to either hold the baby for me so I could go cook or they go cook. They always chose the latter. Lol.

Then my siblings started having children and I started to feel more joy. These were no longer neighbours’ or friends’ children, these were my nephews and nieces. My family! And carrying them brought me even more joy. Like for example, whenever I see my sister Laura’s son, Ryan, I shriek with happiness. He’s the love of my life…lol. If I was planning to go out and I heard my beautiful nephews and niece were coming over to the house, most times, I change plans and just stay home with them. I’m a homebody, I like to stay home (that’s why I bought a big house…lol).

So now imagine that in a few months, I will look down at a baby, and it won’t be a neighbor’s child, a friend’s child, a sister’s child, but my own child, my own flesh and blood, carried in my womb. My own son. It’s surreal. I can’t get over it.

You guys think DJ Khaled is obsessed with his son, Asahd? Wait until this one gets here. He’s not even here yet and I already ordered a Bentley Mulsanne for us. I swear! Lol. Like, I can’t keep calm. Oh and please, nannies, stay away from me. I’ve got this covered! Thank you. Lol.

Sometimes when I’m lying down and I feel him moving around inside me (he’s so hyper already, constantly moving around…lol), I just get up and cradle my tummy and smile. Lol. I can’t wait for these months to go by so I can meet him. My own son!

Dear son, of every dream I have had, every achievement, every milestone, out of all my accomplishments and titles, all the money and worldly possession I have, nothing compares to you. You are my greatest blessing, my gift from heaven, my greatest dream realized. I love you more than life itself and I can’t wait to meet you and give you so many kisses. And of course, spoil you! You will hear ‘I love you’ loud and clear so many times, you will beg me to stop. I can’t wait to hold you in my arms. .

I know I’m going to be the best mum ever! I was born for this and I am finally ready! And now I want to do more, achieve more, so lil man will be proud of his mama.

Considering how much I love children, sometimes I wonder why I didn’t have them earlier. But like my dad said, miracles like this finally happen when God is ready to share you.

Anyway, as you all know, I’ve always shared every milestone, every good thing that’s happened to me over the years with you guys and I definitely wanted to also share this joy with you. I’ve been wanting to scream about this since I found out many months ago but my family and friends have been telling me to ‘calm down Linda, calm down’…lol. I’m now way into my second trimester, so I guess it’s okay to share my joy.

May God grant you what you desire the most and may all your dreams come true.

Oh, by the way, I’ll be having a baby shower in a few weeks and I will definitely love for some of you amazing, loyal female readers to come celebrate with me. Will communicate when the time comes.

Plenty kisses and God bless

Linda Ikeji

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/linda-ikejis-official-public-statement.html

It's a pity.
Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 21, 2018
IamD18:
Getting pregnant out of wedlock shouldn't be an acheivement or a thing to boast of, we worship money so much that we find it difficult to unmask the truth in this country.

There's no different from Linda Ikeji with a village girl who got pregnant out of wedlock.

They are both loosed, cheap and maritally bankrupt for getting pregnant without a husband.

Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by alezzy13: 2:02pm On May 21, 2018
wisdomkid:

[s]Between you and the 45 persons (the ones I've counted so far) that liked this post, am ashamed to be in the same Nigeria as you are.
1. Linda Ikeji is a celebrity, meaning that people always want to hear stories from her side.
2. When she gives birth, she will also release an official statement.

Deal with it hater, just because nothing about you is official does not mean others are irrelevant too.[/s]

*sigh sad
Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by opribo(m): 2:03pm On May 21, 2018
After all said and done, may we know the father please so we can greet him for a job well done.
Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by alezzy13: 2:13pm On May 21, 2018
I'm not sure anyone is judging her here. No doubt, many of those calling her names have probably even done far worse things. . .

Even me typing have made errors in past, things which am not - or should not be - proud of. But I dont go round making silly missives

The idea that being a celebrity means she must celebrate her misdeeds is silly, hypocritical and bereft of any logic.

She fornicated and got pregnant. end of. What I would have expected was a contrite Ikeji apologizing to her many fans who look up to her for letting them down. More importantly seeking forgiveness from her Creator.

Pls let us stop this nonsense.
Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by nikkypearl(f): 2:32pm On May 21, 2018
TreasuredGlory:
Lord, please remember me too in Jesus mighty name. Amen.
God is able..keep trusting Him
Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by Dbeautifulme(f): 2:38pm On May 21, 2018
highness25:
All these plenty things, you expect me to read all. like I'm preparing for exams? You just did a pregnancy text and it turned negative. Hope it's not gate man ooh

D gate man is better than u.
Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by gnykelly(m): 2:53pm On May 21, 2018
TreasuredGlory:

amen
Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by midolian(m): 2:57pm On May 21, 2018
ADRIAN88:

A special gift from me to you; FREE TOLL PASS ANYTIME YOU'RE IN LEKKI AXIS FOR TWO YEARS STRAIGHT.

Sunny afternoon here in Lekki Phase 4!
grin grin grin
Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by bwehdoneit(m): 2:58pm On May 21, 2018
Another pained feminist spotted tongue
Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by bwehdoneit(m): 2:59pm On May 21, 2018
ANOTHER PAINED FEMINIST SPOTTED

]She had unprotected sex, and she's acting all surprised that she's pregnant? Like she woke up and saw herself pregnant undecided

What's with her being surprised that she can conceive, I mean - is it that hard? Except there are external factors (which many women don't open up about), most women become pregnant when they have unprotected sex. I don't understand this here "gushing" santimonous attitude.

Next, with these sly "I love kids" blablabla-ring, wouldn't the child someday grow up? Will he forever be a kid just because you love kids? All his gushing shows a deep hole created in your heart, and you desperately have to cover it up. Puhleeeeez undecided

Linda, as someone I have held in high esteem, you personally fall my hand with this pregnancy sha.[/quote]
Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by highness25(m): 3:34pm On May 21, 2018
Dbeautifulme:

D gate man is better than u.
If the gate man is better than your entire family then he's better. I'm too rich to have your time. Get busy
Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by majamajic(m): 3:45pm On May 21, 2018
Xisnin:

You are surely one of the dumbest folk around, so sex equals submission?
I blame the Nigerian educational system for your woes.

Sir u are a FOOL sir,. if she is not SUBMISSIVE to the guy that pregnanted her. why allow him use her without condoms without getting married to her normally ?

I don't care if the guy marries her tomorrow all I know is she didn't follow her teachings and preachings to these young girls. she is a BABY MAMA period !!! just like 2face, davido and wizkid baby mamas or as dumb as toke and tiwa .
Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by longerthroat(m): 3:49pm On May 21, 2018
come to think that this girl u average been preaching celibacy for girls. .. no wonder d emergency shabby engagement which we are yet to see the guy that proposed. am really suspecting her gate man.
Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by MChaze25(m): 3:58pm On May 21, 2018
See why I hate this Linda?

Simply apologize to the huge number of Nigerian feminists you have scammed that they can buy a man!
You made them believe that being submissive is evil.
I can count them all girls;-
My cousin, Joy, Faith, Cindy and many more...
These girls believed in your theory and re unmarried till today.

Why is she so arrogant to say sorry?

She is still looking for loyal female followers to come for baby mama "baby shower"?

Anuofia!!!
Baby shower gbuo gi there!
Shameless lady. Wizkid hit you well with his insult last time.
She for old reach 40 for her keyboard.

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by biacan(f): 4:02pm On May 21, 2018
agarawu23:
will marry u if u are available. We will start with babies first before marriage grin
I'm available nah just put the ring on it there we go wink
Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by daclemx: 4:15pm On May 21, 2018
Who is the father? Linda forgot that she is a role model to many young girls. Now, she is pregnant and obviously would give birth out of wedlock. SMH.
Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by doskie(m): 4:35pm On May 21, 2018
who is the dad
Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by Harrynight(m): 4:37pm On May 21, 2018
Xisnin:

Please face your life, I am sure you will be defending her if she was your pastor.
SMH

Sorry to disappoint u I don't fan any idiots who call himself a pastor neither do I celebrate trash nor immoral act irrespective of who is involved.

People like u justifies Donald Trump's statement
Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by ajol1990(m): 4:38pm On May 21, 2018
This is serious
Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 4:39pm On May 21, 2018
nikkypearl:
God is able..keep trusting Him
daclemx:
Who is the father? Linda forgot that she is a role model to many young girls. Now, she is pregnant and obviously would give birth out of wedlock. SMH.
[quote author=CofOLandOfPeace post=67710044]Check our signature in blue here below and you will be better enlightened. You can contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link...
Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by TourismMan(m): 5:50pm On May 21, 2018
My own is, where is the husband?
Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by TourismMan(m): 5:57pm On May 21, 2018
TreasuredGlory:
But it's not hard to have someone impregnate you. I am not talking about having someone to marry you. Just someone to 'pour in' and fertilise your egg. That is what Linda just did.
Re: Linda Ikeji’s Public Statement On Her Pregnancy by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 6:51pm On May 21, 2018
Going through this thread I realize; The bulk of Nigerians are mentally backward.

I advice feminist to stand for what they believe and not be swayed by the earlier said bulk of roaming idiot we have on God's earth.

Finally, any man born of a woman who feels that someone else because of gender should depend on him is the reason why this world is bleeped.

And to all those asking where the dad is, y'all mofos are misunderstanding her point, she doesn't need a man in her life especially one who can't live up to her standards, linda don't settle..

In Martin Lawrence's voice "you go girl"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osita Iheme Training With Emmanuel Emenike (photos) / Monalisa Chinda Or Tboss: Who Killed The Cleopatra Look? / Bobrisky Apologises To Tonto Dikeh, Says 'I Am Sorry For Humiliating You'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.