Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,333 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" (75581 Views)

Angela Nwosu Celebrates Her Husband, Austin Nnaemeka On His Birthday - Pictures / Most Nigerian Girls’ Definition Of Neatness Is ‘makeup’ - Angela Nwosu / Angela Nwosu: "I Sniff My Husband's Boxers And Armpit When I Am Down" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" by charleoj(m): 12:42pm On May 22, 2018
She be lesz
Re: Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" by xavier047: 12:55pm On May 22, 2018
Giovanotto:
undecided

grin grin grin grin grin
this got me cracking grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" by computerizeniaja(m): 1:48pm On May 22, 2018
zicoraads:

Again, cooking doesn't determine those we love or go into relationships with. She said something about 'wife'. Isn't love what determines those we wife?

I'm speaking from a position of knowing when I say cooking or doing all those things we tag as wife material is not a determinant smiley

To each his own my friend.

Sometimes i wonder why we think its only a woman's duty to cook and clean and bla bla and that is what makes a wife material.
As a guy it beats my imagination.A girl would grow up doing all the house choirs ,washing cooking cleaning in her parents house,then she would marry and continue with all the house choirs again,na wa women dey try..I wish more women could have more knowledge of them selves.
Oh boy if my house is really dirty,e dey burst my head see my woman do all that cleaning,i just call one aboki give him 500 and he does all the cleaning.I am not saying a women should not know how to cook but if there a recipe you see go to shop rite buy the ingredient as a guy and you two should watch you tube video and cook it together.,..Marriage is friendship not a woman doing all to pls us guys...Ps i would prefer a ps4 to any fancy outing Lets get our priorities right.But always always A man must have money

2 Likes

Re: Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" by omaar12(m): 3:26pm On May 22, 2018
zicoraads:

Again, cooking doesn't determine those we love or go into relationships with. She said something about 'wife'. Isn't love what determines those we wife?

I'm speaking from a position of knowing when I say cooking or doing all those things we tag as wife material is not a determinant smiley

To each his own my friend.
your wife material may not be my wife material, but in marriage love doesn't stand a chance against hardwork because you are bound to get jealous of someone else's wife who is hardworking and the sight of yours will irritate you.
Re: Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" by omaar12(m): 3:33pm On May 22, 2018
[quote author=computerizeniaja post=67778458]

Sometimes i wonder why we think its only a woman's duty to cook and clean and bla bla and that is what makes a wife material.
As a guy it beats my imagination.A girl would grow up doing all the house choirs ,washing cooking cleaning in her parents house,then she would marry and continue with all the house choirs again,na wa women dey try..I wish more women could have more knowledge of them selves.
Oh boy if my house is really dirty,e dey burst my head see my woman do all that cleaning,i just call one aboki give him 500 and he does all the cleaning.I am not saying a women should not know how to cook but if there a recipe you see go to shop rite buy the ingredient as a guy and you two should watch you tube video and cook it together.,..Marriage is friendship not a woman doing all to pls us guys...Ps i would prefer a ps4 to any fancy outing Lets get our priorities right.But always always A man must have moneyexample,] you watch too much off Disney channel, dude this not ur girlfriend but ur wife, I take my bro for example, he clean the rest room and maintain the sitting room, only lazy folk complain.
bro by the time u don give aboki 500 every day for 6months that 90k no body will tell you about the need to sit up.
Re: Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 22, 2018
MistadeRegal:

How can you wish us such an evil and bad luck? Revoke it through your modify click and I'd revoke it too.

I don't need your revoke you're the one who needs mine�
Re: Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" by thaprofit88: 4:44pm On May 22, 2018
What's it's gender??

[1quote author=BoneBlogger post=67761225]A Nigerian lady has got herself trending yet again after revealing why she's not a wife material. The social media influence, Angela Nwosu took to Facebook to share her reasons as she smoked shisha.

Read her lengthy piece below;

I am not a Wife Material!

All of the pictures I’ve seen on social media depicting wife material are of women cooking alone, doing all of the cleaning and doing their “womanly duties.” Don't get me wrong, there are two different roles in relationships that one partner will be better at than the other. Me, proudly smoking shisha and not afraid to post it on a platform as big as Facebook, shows that I am not a wife material, I hate that word, with reckless abandon. Girls are forming and pretending, not being themselves, all to be termed a wife material and land a husband living their lives just to please the society and painfully, publicly stand on a morality higher ground, while doing terrible things in secret. The only way I survive on earth is being myself and not what society wants me to be, na only me waka come.
And yes, the shisha pot belongs to me.

No, I am not married and no, I am not a feminist, but I’m a firm believer that relationships are a team effort. To make a relationship work, responsibilities of the household must be shared. I’m all for cooking and burning down the house together. This is the 21st century and there are so many more opportunities for men and women than there have been in the past.

Like I said, I’m not a wife material. If I ever get married, I’m not turning into your slave just to be ‘a perfect wife material’ I’m not your mother, nor will I ever be. I’d much rather call in a pizza and watch movies than slave over a meal that requires 3 hours of my time to prepare. If your friends are over to hang out with you and watch the game, I’d rather be sitting on the couch yelling at the T.V. too, than catering to you and your friends. I also won’t expect you to be the only one supporting our family. I’m not broke and Amadioha isn’t taking care of me for nothing, ighotago?

I’m not your typical girl or typical girlfriend, I am extremely different and I definitely won’t be your typical wife. I won’t wake you up with the smell of breakfast, because chances are, if it’s a weekend, I’m sleeping until 12pm. I will probably burn at least one piece of food every time I cook for you and then proceed to tell you we’re going to eat out and do shisha afterwards. For your birthday, I’d rather buy you Play Station 4 that we can play together, than buying or making you something more sentimental. When you wake up next to me, you won’t see Sleeping Beauty. You'll see that my mouth will be dry of no lipstick from the previous day, you will always see my spots clearly, my eyes will be partially open and my hair will look like ike okuko.

I don’t have unrealistic expectations for a husband to be “hubby material,” and I don’t want someone to have unrealistic expectations of me to be “wife material.” I know that people have their faults and it’s hard to live with someone no matter how much you love them. I don’t expect my future spouse to have to pay for everything we have just like I hope he doesn’t expect me to cater to his every need.

Who makes these rules anyway? These rules for what is wife or husband material and what is not? I’m not even “feminizing” here, just wondering why we tend to subscribe to the notion that a certain set of qualities are desirable for marriage. That a girl doing shisha is wayward, an ashawo and a disgrace to womanhood, therefore, will never get married. There’s a statement my mother says “as our faces are different, so also are our needs different”. What Mr Okoli requires in a wife may be completely different from what Mr Okonkwo wants and for Miss Angie and Miss Doris, their list of requirements will also differ by a sharp margin.

Dear future husband,
I will be your best friend, your support system, your spouse, your partner in crime but more importantly your ashawo. I won’t be your second mother or your babysitter. And we definitely won’t just exist in the same house. We will be 50+ years old and still be attending concerts, watching Boondocks, while drinking cheap wine and taking spontaneous trips to the beach.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/05/i-am-not-a-wife-material-i-am-not-a-feminist-lady-says-as-she-smokes-photos.html[/quote]
Re: Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" by JONNYSPUTE(m): 5:24pm On May 22, 2018
cana882:
Congrats dear..

In 6yrs time, you'll be running to Shiloh and asking God why..

With your head wey be like energy bulb.

In fact!!!
. O boy you don die for laugh here. Lol.
Re: Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" by MistadeRegal(m): 5:59pm On May 22, 2018
vikkimimi:

I don't need your revoke
you're the one who needs mine�

Then keep it to yourself. I'm not under your curse. Because a curse has no effect without a tangible reason. And moreover, it is written, "For without cause have they hid for me their net in a pit, which without cause they have digged for my soul. Let destruction come upon him at unawares; and let his net that he hath hid catch himself: into that very destruction let him fall.
Psalm:35:7-8"
Re: Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" by Dafreeguy(m): 6:28pm On May 22, 2018
vikkimimi:
To nairaland guys This is your portion Amen
Diswan too want to trend..
Re: Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" by 2buffagain(m): 6:30pm On May 22, 2018
Isn't that the girl that says she is a priestess of mammy water?
Re: Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 22, 2018
Dafreeguy:
Diswan too want to trend..

And how has this also help you trend
Re: Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" by Dafreeguy(m): 9:06pm On May 22, 2018
vikkimimi:

And how has this also help you trend
did u see a useless comment from me?
Re: Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" by mandate12: 10:38pm On May 22, 2018
cana882:
Congrats dear..

In 6yrs time, you'll be running to Shiloh and asking God why..

With your head wey be like energy bulb.

In fact!!!

Haha.. What she wrote can simply b titled ' I must trend either good or bad'. Foolish girl!

1 Like

Re: Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" by cana882(m): 11:50pm On May 22, 2018
mandate12:

Haha.. What she wrote can simply b titled ' I must trend either good or bad'. Foolish girl!
very foolish. I hate people like this cause at the end, they must resort to tagging it spiritual.
Re: Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" by bucho8888: 12:05am On May 23, 2018
ikevictor:

People set themselves up for epic failure when they think their perceptions are best and cast on stone. angry

She may not be good looking - to you...but she's actually a rare angel to me tongue...especially for being original.

If I were single, I would even pay her my 2 months allowee just to hang out with her. wink

ENJOY
Re: Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" by CoolFreeday(m): 11:43pm On May 23, 2018
monex:

thats a good way to put it. She can be a perfect wife to some other guy but not you.

You and her differ in values and expectations in marriage

Gbam! boss God bless you, you go school truly...
Re: Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" by Deji63: 11:59am On May 29, 2018
ubunja:
now im gay... you just keep losing brains...

You should take on a shi.thole. Thats all yoy get to drill because you cant find a woman to drill and you are desperate to scatter happy relationships. You are gay and you will die being just that but don't come here hoping to spread hate. You will fail forever. You are a depressed looser.
Re: Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" by ubunja(m): 12:25pm On May 29, 2018
Deji63:

You should take on a shi.thole. Thats all yoy get to drill because you cant find a woman to drill and you are desperate to scatter happy relationships. You are gay and you will die being just that but don't come here hoping to spread hate. You will fail forever. You are a depressed looser.
careful now. ban is near you again.
Re: Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" by Deji63: 12:28pm On May 29, 2018
ubunja:
careful now. ban is near you again.

Get off my mention. Gay Lord.
Re: Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" by ubunja(m): 12:34pm On May 29, 2018
Deji63:

Get off my mention. Gay Lord.
now i must get off your mention coz i talked about your ban. you'll go there again soon if insults are the only way you talk.
Re: Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" by Silasloaded(m): 10:35am On Feb 18, 2021
I love Maami Angie #ANGELANWOSU FOR BEING HERSELF ALWAYS CAUSE BEING NATURAL ROCKS ANYTIME ANYDAY I WILL ALWAYS BE YOUR FAN! We all At #Angienation do give reference to our C E O of otu Nzuzo 1 of #AngieNation!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? / Why Do Married Couples Have Their Partner's Nude Pictures On Their Phone? / 'Lack Of Sex Will Make You Mad' - Nigerian "Slay Queen"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.