Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,783 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

My Madam And Me - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Madam And Me (326169 Views)

Madam & Her Maid: This Happened In The Church Today. / My House Maid Has Become My Madam In My Own Home / Pastor Olusegun Taiwo And Madam Wonder's Wedding Busted By Wife, Vicky (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Madam And Me by topherchris819(m): 2:00pm On Jun 26, 2018
" what is your problem young man? Don't you know if not for my timely intervention these men would have leached you. Why would you be fighting a man of god, is that not madness?! " the man said.

" and you think you can fight every one right?! ". One of the elderly men said.

" would you guys allow me explain myself?! " I said impatiently.

" go ahead! " the first man said.

I told them all that happened between the prophet and us. How we sold everything to raise the money and my brother is still in prison.

" and you thought it wise to come and fight the prophet? " the third man said.

" you won't blame a child for doing what he feels is right to defend his family ". Mum who has been standing behind the men said as she surfaced and stood beside me.

" and what if the child did is utterly wrong and you know it" the first man said in anger.

Debate ensued between the men and mum afterwards . I just stood innocently in the middle of the fight.

Suddenly, I sighted the prophet approaching from a distance looking overly raged with four armed men in mufti . I quietly snuck into the crowd without their notice as debaters were busy shouting on top of their voices and onlookers engrossed with the fight . As soon as I was of sight, I ran fast as I could out of the building till I got far away from the premises.

While I was rushing off to catch a cab, I decided to put a call across to mum to know what was happening, but she wasn't answering. I tried severely, yet no response. Then I decided to return to the church.

The minute I approached the gate of the church, I received a text message from mum just in time to warn me not to surface from wherever I am. But I wasn't comfortable until I see what's going on. So I snuck into the building, the whole place was in ruckus therefore no one took notice of me.

I searched all through for mum she wasn't anywhere in sight. I couldn't risk going close to the main building, so I walked around the building looking into the church but she wasn't there. I decided to call again but she wasn't picking. So I met a little boy and asked if he knows what happened to the lady whose son fought with the prophet. The boy told me the police men took her away. I felt really horrible hearing this, it was all my fault.

On my out someone shouted. " that's him! thats him!! Get him! Get him!! ". I didn't bother to see who, I just took to my heels. Two guys rushed to close the entrance to prevent my escape. I looked at my back to see some people running towards me. So I ran towards the fence, jumped and held the top, pulled myself up, just as I was about to cross my legs over a guy caught one of my legs and pulled it. I almost fell, but I held strong, landed the other leg hard on his face, he moved backwards given me the chance to jump down on the other side.

I ran into a nearby bush and came out from the other side to the main road. I quickly flagged down a commercial cyclist ,jumped in and we were off before I sighted some of the church members surfacing from the bush.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Madam And Me by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 26, 2018
AMEN!
suco01:
Mike amaka will be the one to kill you.
Re: My Madam And Me by iListen(f): 2:37pm On Jun 26, 2018
Wow... cheesy
Re: My Madam And Me by Stevewonder004(m): 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2018
Hmmm next pls
Re: My Madam And Me by austinereds(m): 6:47pm On Jun 26, 2018
Omo See Action Film.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Madam And Me by Basics007: 9:55pm On Jun 26, 2018
This is awesome!

1 Like

Re: My Madam And Me by topherchris819(m): 8:29am On Jun 27, 2018
Amidst the huddles on the path, Through fences and chance, A legend is born. Brood as long as you can, Gnash your teeth and perhaps sob, The sun remains a scorching good. I see a lot. I see light in darkness, Just as I see best in bad, I see things.
Why do people run when no one chase after them? Why do babies cry on delivery? Why is the heart of men a mystery? Meanings are philosophical Deep but easy, difficult.
A mad man is wise in his own conceit, But onlookers laugh in their own. stupidity. I embrace bravery but hate the guts. Remember when all was rosy and sweet? Alas, only the dead knows peace. Words are spoken, wise and stupid, Words that only faith and fate can tell . Why do men still wallow in ignorance? What's preventing wisdom from locating the home of the gullible? These are words for the gods only.
I see injustice frolicking its best, And justice sleeping on its watch. Each day I see a newly born evil, It's cry pervades every nook and crannyof life.
Until a man cheats fate with an infallible faith, The truth of man with the power of the universe is a myth. Who said man is a god? How can life defeat a god? Oh, what use is a god whose identity is hidden?

Hello friends, just few lines of wisdom. The story continues.

13 Likes

Re: My Madam And Me by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 27, 2018
topherchris819:
Amidst the huddles on the path,
Through fences and chance,
A legend is born.
Brood as long as you can,
Gnash your teeth and perhaps sob,
The sun remains a scorching good.
I see a lot.
I see light in darkness,
Just as I see best in bad,
I see things.

Why do people run when no one chase after them?
Why do babies cry on delivery?
Why is the heart of men a mystery?
Meanings are philosophical
Deep but easy, difficult.

A mad man is wise in his own conceit,
But onlookers laugh in their own. stupidity.
I embrace bravery but hate the guts.
Remember when all was rosy and sweet?
Alas, only the dead knows peace.
Words are spoken, wise and stupid,
Words that only faith and fate can tell .
Why do men still wallow in ignorance?
What's preventing wisdom from locating the home of the gullible?
These are words for the gods only.

I see injustice frolicking its best,
And justice sleeping on its watch.
Each day I see a newly born evil,
It's cry pervades every nook and crannyof life.

Until a man cheats fate with an infallible faith,
The truth of man with the power of the universe is a myth.
Who said man is a god?
How can life defeat a god?
Oh, what use is a god whose identity is hidden?

Hello friends, just few lines of wisdom. The story continues.

Wow
Re: My Madam And Me by topherchris819(m): 4:30pm On Jun 27, 2018
I went straight to Ruth's apartment. Candy was home, so she let me in.

" Mike, what is it?!". She enquired. Looking at me as if I have gone nuts.

" I need water! " I said erratically, sitting on the bed.

She quickly brought the water looking worried. I collected it swiftly and drank it in a hurry. Immediately I was done, I brought out my phone, dialed my mum's number but she still wasn't picking.

"mum isn't picking her phone!" I said standing, walking restlessly around the room.

Candy followed me around worried.

" Mike, what is the problem?! "

I told her about all that happened. She sat down, folded her legs with her hands between her thighs listening to me in silence. When I was done she said :

" Mike, you need to surrender to Christ. All these that are befalling you is as a result of your reckless lifestyle".

I looked at her with scorn in a kind of Kettle calling pot black way. But she ignored it and continued :

" since I became who I am, I have been free from all these troubles". She paused, thought of something then continued. " come to think of it, why should you fight a man of god even if he's fake. You have no right to lay your hands on him Mike ". She sounded angered than scolding.

" please, I don't need one of your boring sermons right now! " . I said as I sat at the extreme end of the bed.

She stood up, came to where I was and sat close to me, cross her hand round my neck. I looked at her suspiciously.

" Mike, you need to understand that it pays to serve God". She said leaning on my shoulder.

I ignored her statement, tried my mums number again. She looked at me in as though surprised and said.

" who are you calling ?".still leaning on my shoulder.

" it's mum. " I answered , putting the phone on my ear. " oh it's ringing ". I said, jerking up excitedly.

I listened to it silently as it rang. Suddenly mum answered. I stood up abruptly.

" hello ma ". I said.

" it's OK my son. It has been resolved, thank god you weren't around they would have dealt with you ". She said.

" what about you, how are you? "

" am on my way home. They couldn't arrest me coz I wasn't the one at fault, moreover they treated the issue eventually as misunderstanding. "

" did they collect money from you? "

" yes they did. The prophet charged you for assault. I begged him alongside those o elderly men with you earlier, before he agreed to drop all charges but with a condition. I paid for my release, even though I wasn't arrested. And I was made to sign an undertaken, and an agreement to pay for all the spoilt things during the brawl. "

" ha! You don't mean it?!" I asked punching the wall with my free hand.

" we will talk later, am on my way home. " she said and hung up.

I felt so bad that I have cost my mum another expenses this period we could barely feed.

Candy walked up to me, where I was resting my head on the door, slightly hitting it. She held me on my waist from behind and rested her head on my back .

" it's okay Mike. It's well. Just believe god. " candy said.

I felt like kissing her, but I just controlled urge and pulled myself away from her to sit on the bed. She followed me and sat on my thighs. It was becoming a kind of game she is up to.

" what are you doing following me around? " I asked bewildered.

She adjusted herself well on my thighs, crossed her hands round my neck and said.

" don't be afraid, I don't want to sleep with you, am just trying to console a broken brother ".

"If you are not trying to tempt me directly, you succeeding indirectly. " I said, gently taking her hands off my neck and standing up.

She held my hand. Stood up and faced me. I was confused at this moment. I wondered what was she really up to.

" Mike, stop walking away from me. Am not going to bite". She said as she gently pushed me back on the bed.

I laid back, wondering what she's planning. So I kept still. She lied on top of me. Rested her head on my chest. Her whole body fitted right on my body. She started stroking my hair. I still kept my cool, but my junior was reckless. I felt she started feeling the kick and liked it.

" what are you up to Candy? " I asked amusingly.

" just helping a brother in distress ". She said, still stroking my hair.

" and by seducing me? ".

She just smiled and said nothing. Suddenly she raised herself a little and started kissing my neck.

" Candy what are you doing?! "

" just relax". She whispered, and continued kissing my neck.

Her therapy helped, I was relaxed and crazily aroused.

Her little pointed boobs were visible from under the collar of her white large singlet as she raised herself to kiss my neck . Even her undies that were covered by the singlet were now unclad.

I couldn't curtain this anymore, so I went for it, I grabbed her and kissed her hungrily. She pushed me off her and stood up from my body. I followed her abruptly wondering what went wrong.

" how could you Mike?! " she raged.

" how could what?! " I sounded utterly befuddled.

" how could you do this to my sister?! " she barked.

" how could you tempt your sisters boyfriend?!" I threw back.

" me?! Tempt you? I was only trying to get you relaxed not knowing you're an immature adult.". Her tone emitting contempt.

" please Candy, don't insult me" I said, trying to control the anger stirring in me.

Just then my phone rang. Sandra was the caller. My heart skipped a beat, I composed myself before answering not noticing Candy's inquisitive gaze.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Madam And Me by Viking007(m): 4:41pm On Jun 27, 2018
More updates please. embarassed
Re: My Madam And Me by YINKS89(m): 5:21pm On Jun 27, 2018
so dis candy is back to her old ways

1 Like

Re: My Madam And Me by topherchris819(m): 9:58pm On Jun 27, 2018
Sandra was so happy to see me. She hugged me so tight I thought she wouldn't let go.

" I have missed you Mike". She said.

She planted kisses on my lips before I could say a word. Eventually we ended up having seix . It felt good seeing Sandra and making love to her.

Naked on the couch cuddling. I told her all that has been going on since she left, she listened in silence. All the while I spoke she was deep in thought.

" what's it sweetie? ". I asked.

" I think we should leave this country. I think you can never achieve much here ". She said, still looking distant in thought.

" we? Am afraid of your husband. And that reminds me, what happened between you guys ? "

" you mean between I and my husband? " she asked.

" yeah " .

" well, he threatened to kill me if I.. " she paused, sat up and I joined her. Then continued. " ...if I ever meet with you again ".
Fear gripped me to the spine. I tried to control myself not to reveal how I truly felt.

" what if his boys tracks you down here with me? The last time I saw hell, I wouldn't want to be killed this time " I said silently.

" I am making plans for us to leave this country, you and i".

" how do you plan to on doing that! " I asked.

" it's going to cost just money ". She shrugged.

" am talking about your husband." I said, moving a little away from her.

" sweetheart, I told you, I can handle him! Leave him for me. " she said, holding my arms.

Sandra dropped me off at the front of my house and drove off. I went in to meet Ruth in the sitting room. She was home early and this troubled me.

" what are you doing home early? " I asked, sitting beside her.

She moved away from me. I looked at her in shock.

" what's it dear? " I asked.

" so you went to visit Sandra again right? " she said in a low ominous tone.

I adjusted myself, and tried to think of a perfect lie but my brain was too empty to grasp one.

She suddenly started raining insults on me but she crossed the line when she used the help she has been rendering us to insult my family. This infuriated me that I went out of my mind.

" So that is what this is all about right? Alright, calculate all you have spent on me and my family, am going to pay you back and get the hell out of my house! " I yelled.

She suddenly discovered her mistake and started begging, this time I was raged, I began pushing her out of our house. My mum who heard my voice ran upstairs to know what was going on, she met us at the staircase . I refused to tell her what happened, instead continued pushing Ruth out.

" please beg him for me, am sorry Mike " she begged as she cried, holding my mum.

My mum who is fund of her stood for her defense. She dragged her into her room and shut the door. I was so angry I had to leave the house so as not to do what I will regret. I went straight to Sande's house.

I was about to knock when I heard Sandra calling my name, she was on a call. so I listened to what she was saying.

" Mike really loves me." . This made me smile. so I listened on. " even what you and your boys did to him he still didn't sell me out, that kind of guy is rare....yes.... That my husband is the general?..... Hahahaha.... It scares the sh!t out of him.... I am going to settle with this one..... Yes... He is the one..... I can deal with that.... Which general ?" she laughed hysterically " ...yes... I know.... OK... Thanks. I will pay in something, but your boys were too hash on him. ... I understand.... "

I couldn't listen anymore so I opened the door and walked in.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Madam And Me by GenyEbere(f): 7:33am On Jun 28, 2018
Omo sandra is not married. Mike don hit jackpot o I don dey happy for Mike o

2 Likes

Re: My Madam And Me by Basics007: 8:01am On Jun 28, 2018
About time this hits the front page. The suspense in the story is so intense

1 Like

Re: My Madam And Me by Slyjay1(m): 8:06am On Jun 28, 2018
Please my brother. Don’t keep us waiting. The suspense is just too much lipsrsealed
Re: My Madam And Me by austinereds(m): 8:14am On Jun 28, 2018
WTF. so you mean it was a set up all along. dude it's time to money ball.

1 Like

Re: My Madam And Me by Horlazuncanmi(m): 12:54pm On Jun 28, 2018
waoooooooo, this is a good story full of suspense

1 Like

Re: My Madam And Me by topherchris819(m): 6:24pm On Jun 28, 2018
She looked completely stunned and paralyzed as she saw me.

" I heard everything, don't worry, carry on with your discussion" I said and turn to leave.

She ran towards the door, shut it and stood in front of it.

" Mike! Let me explain ". She said in a non apologetic way.

" alright, go ahead. " I said, looking blankly at her.

" Mike, please sit down and hear me out". Her voice remained expressionless.

" what do you want to explain? I heard all you have been yapping on the phone. So I am just a puppet right?! Please get out of my way!" I commanded.

She ran to me and held my hands shaking me.

" Mike, I have been hurt many times. I have been cheated on and betrayed Mike! You will never understand. I did what I nid because I needed to know if you are the one.". She embraced me, holding my hands together. " please forgive me Mike, am very sorry ". Her voice turning emotional.

I felt my heart breaking, I love her so much that I struggled with myself to hate her. I felt if she can lie to me about this, then she can lie to me about anything.

" let go! " I commanded.

" I won't! I won't! " she said, tightening her grip on me.

I struggled to brake loose, but she held me even tighter.

" what is wrong with you let me go! ". I yelled, pulled her grip from me and pushed her.

She fell on the floor and started cried bitterly .

" Mike please am sorry " she said crying.
I ignored her and walked out banging the door behind me. I felt horrible the moment I was out of her building. Her tears melted my heart. I just stood still outside her compound, looked up and down with my hands on my waist. A part of me wanted to go back and reason things out with her, but my findings made me not to trust anything she may want to use as an excuse.

I couldn't go back to my house because of Ruth. She had already sent me a dozen am sorry text messages, and I can't go to Sandra's either. My only option was to go to jackisula's place. So I put a call across to him. He was so happy to welcome me over.

It was raining heavily when I arrived at Jacky's place. I knocked severally on the door, but no one responded. So I took the back door, only to find Jacky on the floor . I passed through the open kitchen window into the house, then find my way to the sitting room where he laid face down on the floor.

Empty bottles of codeine and a full opened nylon of weed laid beside him. I shook him, but he wasn't responding. I shook him again and again, still he laid lifeless, I turned him and checked his breathing, it was regular. I felt perhaps he was on conscious, then suddenly he moved his head, chewed his mouth and started snoring . I heaved a great sigh of relief knowing he's alive.

I went to the kitchen to fix myself something to eat but found nothing save noodles. I tried to boil it but the gas was empty. No wonder the pots were clean and probably kept. So I did as he usually does, eat the noodles uncooked.

The refrigerator had a quarter bottle of vodka and sachets water carelessly lodged inside . I helped myself with a sachet and went to the sitting room, put on the TV, sat down with my raw noodles and water to watch the documentary on display.

It was already dark and Jacky hasn't woken up yet. Mum called asking me to come home but I refused except Ruth leaves, but she persuaded me to come and resolve issues with her. Sandra on the other hand hasn't called and this worried me a great deal because I expected her to call begging and I was afraid that I was going to forgive.

Jacky still showed no sign of waking up so left in the same way I came. I went straight home. Ruth hearing my foot steps on the stair rushed towards me and hugged me, I didn't know whether to push her away or not, so I just stood.

" am sorry Mike, please forgive me. Am really sorry. " she said, resting her head on my chest and her hands on my waist.

Mum stood at the stairs entrance looking with emotion the way Ruth held me. She was really in love with this girl. Guess her good character and cares caught mums attention.

I had to hug her and let the past slide. She started sobbing on my chest as I held her, mum who seem to be envious of the charade left us to our reunion.

We both sat in the sitting room watching a movie together. Ruth held my waist leaning on my shoulder, while I sat facing the TV with a crossed leg.

She brought out her ATM from her jacket and shoved it in my breast pocket. I took it out, looked at it and then looked at her in surprise.

" what is this for?"

" so you can get yourself some clothes " she said, still leaning on me.

" who told you I need new clothes?! " I said.

" I just want you to get something new that's all"

" thanks dear, I don't need it" I said handing it back to her.

She looked at me, turned my face to hers.

" Mike. I love you, I don't mind if you close down my account. It gives me joy to do this. It's a way you can convince me that you have forgiven me. " she said in an emotion laden tone.

I hesitated, but she charmingly made me accept it. Just then a text came on my phone. Ruth made to read the content with me, then ignored. It was from Sandra, and it read: AM OUTSIDE YOUR GATE. I looked at the time on my phone, it was 11.18pm. I looked at Ruth with side of my eyes, but she laid still on me and was busy with the TV ( although conscious of the happenings).

I needed a way to sneak out to Sandra whose odd visit put me in panic of her safety.

" I want to check something downstairs " I said standing up.

" by this time? " Ruth said in surprise.

" yeah...The ...gate. That's how i...i close it every night. Don't worry, I'll be back in a jiffy. I said stammering, walking out.

" lemme accompany you, it's not safe! " Ruth said, standing.

" I'll be back, don't worry yourself. " I said smiling and walked away to avoid further argument.

At the gate I remembered that the key was upstairs. So I called Sandra from the middle opening of the gate.

" what are you doing here by this time! " I enquired angrily.

She slowly walked to the opening to meet with me .

" to ask for your forgiveness " she said casually, smiling.

" why didn't you come in the morning? "

" coz I couldn't sleep "

" wait here let me get the keys ". I said and ran upstairs.

I had to tiptoe up the stairs. And when I got to the entrance which leads to the sitting room, I paused to observe Ruth who was focused on the TV. That was good because it gave me the chance to sneak through the back sit to the dinning where the key was. On my return to the door, Ruth turned, but I quickly duck before she caught me. I bent with my hands and knees on the ground. I waited until I was convinced that she was back to her TV, before I crawled to the stairs. Then tiptoed down stairs.

I went outside and met Sandra who was sitting on the bonnet of car with a folded hand. She stood up when I approached her.

" why this night?" I said, looking consciously at every side.

She stood looking very remorseful.

" am sorry Mike. I know what I did was bad, that's why I put my life in harms way just to see you and tell you that I regret lying to you. I wanted to be sure I can rely on you as my man. I..... "

I interrupted. " you should have pulled this stunt during the day instead of now! " I said, still looking all over as though expecting something to jump on us.

" please Mike, I don't care If I die today. I don't care if I get hurt. I hurt you and it's hurting me that you found out this way" she said as tears clouded her eyes.

I felt sorry for her. My heart had completely forgiven her the moment I saw her standing outside my gate but I had to play tough just not to give in easily. So I went to her and hugged her. She held me tight crying.

" Mike! " Ruth called from behind.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Madam And Me by Viking007(m): 6:44pm On Jun 28, 2018
Damn!!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Madam And Me by 1cor2v9: 7:42pm On Jun 28, 2018
So to test your stupid love for her she asked soldiers to beat hell out of your life for days and Mike is still moved by her tears... Smh

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Madam And Me by Barezzi(m): 8:32pm On Jun 28, 2018
grin grin I swear the matter pass "be careful" grin grin

1cor2v9:
So to test your stupid love for her she asked soldiers to beat hell out of your life for days and Mike is still moved by her tears... Smh

4 Likes

Re: My Madam And Me by iListen(f): 9:46pm On Jun 28, 2018
When will Ruth wake up and smell the coffee? angry

5 Likes

Re: My Madam And Me by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 28, 2018
This Mike sef you no get sense.

You for just do your thing without body contact because Ruth must come out come see wetin still hold you for the gate.

Now na correct opportunity to office that Sandra wella and you must play Ruth the tape,so she fit dey give you legit compass to dry that Sandra .

5 Likes

Re: My Madam And Me by Homeboiy: 11:05pm On Jun 28, 2018
So I leave book wey I suppose read for tomorrows exam come de read this story

I pray I don't go and start writing about Mike, Ruth, Sandra n amaka tomorrow o

8 Likes

Re: My Madam And Me by gantiano(m): 9:40am On Jun 29, 2018
topherchris come update this thing o am getting addicted

1 Like

Re: My Madam And Me by Benblaq(m): 10:16am On Jun 29, 2018
iListen:
When will Ruth wake up and smell the coffee? angry
Did you just say this?

Stop it oh
Re: My Madam And Me by topherchris819(m): 4:35pm On Jun 29, 2018
We both looked towards Ruth simultaneously with Sandra still holding on to me, I gently removed her hands and fully turned towards Ruth . I was lost for words, I only ended up stuttering without making out any words.

" what is she doing here? " Ruth demanded working towards Sandra ominously.

Sandra who said nothing seem to be so complacent as she rested her buttocks on the bonnet of her car looking amusingly at Ruth.

I intercepted, preventing Ruth from reaching Sandra as she seem to be ready to engage in a brawl.

" calm down! I will explain everything to you when I come upstairs " I said holding Ruth hands.

She let loose a hand and left a slap on my face. Her finger entered one of my eyes so I abruptly left her to tend the eye.

She bounced on Sandra, who was too sophisticated to fight, held her on her blouse .

" leave my boyfriend alone! " she yelled into the night tightening are grip on Sandra and dragging her blouse with her whole strength.

Sandra only struggled to loosen her firm grip in vain until I intervened with a an eye closed. I held on Ruth and pulled her off Sandra, but she succeeded in tearing Sande's beautiful yellow blouse, exposing her red brazier.

I carried Ruth from the back into the compound as she yelled, kicked and struggled to break free. I struggled to push her in and shut the gate. She banged on it radically yelling on top of her voice.

" go to your husband adulterous b!tch, go to your husband and leave my man alone!!!" Ruth shouted.

I held on to the gate with my back, exacting all my weight so Ruth won't open it and cause mayhem.

" please stop this madness, I'll explain things to you when I come inside " I pleaded in a low tone.

" Mike! Open this gate! Open this gate!! " she yelled and banged louder on it.

Sandra rushed to me covering herself with the piece of her ripped blouse.

" please, I have to go " she said moving back towards her car. " I will call you " .

I was confused. First, I wasn't comfortable with her leaving by this time of the day, and secondly, I wanted to escort her to ensure her safety, but I can't with Ruth around. Before I could make up my mind, she has already entered her car and reversed speedily. I let go of the gate and Ruth fell over. She spontaneously stood up running towards the car, yelling curses and throwing stones that couldn't reach the car that was already far way.

Mum and my brother were already downstairs, same with some neighbors in the compound , whose attention was called by Ruth's rascality.

Ruth came back. Looked at me then ran inside.

Mum who looked lost came and enquired the reason for the brouhaha. I was too down to explain, so I said.

" it's ....it's Ruth "

"Ruth did what?! " mum yelled.

" it's Ruth " I repeated.

Just then Ruth rushed out with her bag, stopped in front of me. Looked at me from my head to my toe in a contemptuous way, hissed and dashed off into the night.

I ran after her. Mum was busy shouting behind me " hold her! Hold her! ". I caught up with her, she struggled to break free, yelling. " leave me alone!" but I held her tight. By then mum, my brother and neighbors had already joined in. We all collectively tried to reason with her not to leave that late. But she kept struggling to break free. I had to lift her up as dragged her into the compound as she yelled and struggled. I managed with all the strength I can gather to bring her in before she started crying.

" I want to go home, please let me go " she said crying, sitting on the floor.

Mum summoned me in the sitting room later when the frenzy died down. She wanted to know what happened. Ruth whose eyes were red from crying sat quietly at the edge of the couch with a hand on her jaw looking the opposite direction from us.

I had to speak, judging from Ruths countenance she wasn't going to say anything.

" the lady you saw at the hospital came this evening to report something to me.... "

" .... This night?! It's past evening, it's midnight! " Ruth said in a raged tone interfering me.

I paused, looked at her, then continued.

" so Ruth came downstairs and misunderstood the whole thing "

" liar!! " she interrupted again, standing up. " ask him if he's not dating that married woman? Ask him if he has not been sleeping with her! " she yelled, sat down and started crying.

The married part caught mum's attention. She looked at me in a malicious way.

" Mike! Tell me the truth, is what she's saying true?! " mum asked.

" actually, it's complicated " I said

" uncomplicate it Mr man! " mum barked.
" well, she's not married! "

" liar! Liar! " Ruth said standing up. " you told me she's married, that you are with her because of the money, right now you want to deny it Mike why?! Why Mike?! " she said amidst tears.

I didn't know how to change the story because it was a complicated one and I wasn't in the right state of mind to reason out a swift lie, so I allowed them swallow me up that night.

Mum lashed me in front if Ruth like a kid and later asked me to make a promise before everyone that I won't meet with Sandra again. This was a very difficult thing to do, because all the while I have been aching to call Sandra and know if she arrived safely. I ended up keeping silent.

" will you say something this boy?! " mum barked.

" mom I can't. Remember Peter is still In the police custody and Sandra is the only one who can help with the money we need for his bail" I said.

This statement paralyzed mum. But she had to speak in favor of Ruth whom she had grewn fond of.

" God will provide the money. Just stop seeing that woman. Now apologize to Ruth right now!" mum commanded.

So I apologized to Ruth kneeling in front of her . She grumbled and hesitated for a while then eventually hugged me.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Madam And Me by igwec3: 4:50pm On Jun 29, 2018
@op you will end up marrying 3 wives with sympathy. keep it up.

5 Likes

Re: My Madam And Me by iListen(f): 4:57pm On Jun 29, 2018
grin grin grin Seems Ruth will get a grip of the situation only when Mike and Sandra get on a plane that is headed out of the country

3 Likes

Re: My Madam And Me by gantiano(m): 8:33pm On Jun 29, 2018
this kinda love sha...i felt for this ruth of a girl, life can be harsh at times

1 Like

Re: My Madam And Me by Benblaq(m): 9:08pm On Jun 29, 2018
iListen:
grin grin grin Seems Ruth will get a grip of the situation only when Mike and Sandra get on a plane that is headed out of the country
lol calm down.. love is blind.
Re: My Madam And Me by iListen(f): 9:10pm On Jun 29, 2018
Benblaq:
lol calm down.. love is blind.

Eeya... embarassed embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (50) (Reply)

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.