Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Feminism Or Hypocrisy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Feminism Or Hypocrisy (2002 Views)

Is This Feminism Or Witchcraft? / Is This Feminism Or Stupidity? / Feminism Or Funny Behaviour In Women Is Always Related To The Third Leg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feminism Or Hypocrisy by mhisbliss(f): 3:25pm On May 26, 2018
feminism is the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

I'm gonna speak for myself on this, I'm all down for the equal right stuff but i can't stand firm and call myself a feminist, because one day I'm going to be a wife and a mother, even if i don't want to or have to, I'll not want to disappoint my family and end up single and lonely for the rest of my life, its ok to be self reliant and hardworking but eventually I'll need a mate, its the way things should be, and when i find this mate, i will submit to him, because they can't be two heads in a home, i can walk away if he doesn't respect me but i can't see myself as his equal because he's my husband, this is why i won't boldly call myself a feminist.

And this is why i see hypocrisy in most people who call themselves feminists today, Beyonce, Oprah winfrey, Angelina Jolie, Emma watson are all notable feminists to mention a few, these women all have something in common, they're all successful and powerful, they're known and the world listens to them, feminists of old are like them as well, they're responsible for alot of things women have access to today, they include the right to vote, own properties, education, be financially independent and a whole lot of other stuff, these are the people you can call true feminists, its ok to see these women as role models but alot of ladies these days who don't understand the true meaning of feminism are taking it overboard.

Imagine a married housewife who happily dropped her last name and adopted her husband's last name, feminism is all about equal rights and you're a feminist, why can't he adopt your own last name but you're adopting his? A Nigerian man would tell you its because he's the one that married you not the other way around, that way you must submit to him, and you will, as a married woman you're mandated to see him as the head of the house while you're his companion, you make his meal, you keep his home, you make babies too, you're not coerced into doing these things but you're doing it yet you claim you're a feminist,

You see marriage as an achievement so much that you flaunt it every chance you get, yet you're a feminist,

you're employed and you earn something every month, but you still expect your husband to give you feeding allowance and other allowances every month saying its his responsibility, how is it his responsibility when you're both equal, yet you're still a feminist, You're a hypocrite.

You can't sit on the fence, linda ikeji is successful as well, she can get things done, she has made her mark before coming out to decieve others, yet you're here with nothing to your name chanting feminist, before you join her in whatever she's doing try to be successful as well.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by PUSSYHOE(m): 3:32pm On May 26, 2018
All I know is Linda ikeji is a hoe so is every single Nigerian girls and baby mamas, I am sure she was on a dick while she was preaching celibacy and promoting feminism.

You hoes love dick more than men just that men urges supercedes and they have little self control, what an average Nigerian girl has done is worse than the world best player(womaniser).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 26, 2018
All your points are derived from the Nigeria and lay man's view of feminism....

Most Nigeria and Africa women practices fake feminism...

So i don't blame you, if you are not in agreement with their ideology...

But one thing you must understand is that True feminism does not challenge men as the head of the family...
True feminism is not against marriages...

And real feminist respect and love their husbands...

What a real feminist entails is the empowerment of the women foks..

Women should be given a voice both in politics and in their place of work..

women should be allowed to participate in politics and contest for election..

True feminist is that a girl can become anyone they want to be, a girl has the right to school and to partake in equal sharing ratio of anything...

So stop using your local idea of feminism to judge what a real feminism is...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by mhisbliss(f): 3:38pm On May 26, 2018
DrinkLimca:
All your points are derived from the Nigeria and lay man's view of feminism....

[b]Most Nigeria and Africa women practices fake feminism...

So i don't blame you, if you are not in agreement with their ideology...

But one thing you must understand is that True feminism does not challenge men as the head of the family...
True feminism is not against marriages...

And real feminist respect and love their husbands...

What a real feminist entails is the empowerment of the women foks.. [/b]

Women should be given a voice both in politics and in their place of work..

women should be allowed to participate in politics and contest for election..

True feminist is that a girl can become anyone they want to be, a girl has the right to school and to partake in equal sharing ratio of anything...

So stop using your local idea of feminism to judge what a real feminism is...
We're both saying the same thing, and i didn't suggest that feminists shouldn't respect thier spouses, I gave instances but i knew you'd argue, you love it so much
Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by ednut1(m): 4:15pm On May 26, 2018
Lady fierce Beyonce always gives consolation to feminists with her songs, irrreplaceable, all the single ladies etc. Preaches woman power grin. Mr JayZ has been cheating yet she has refused to divorce him, she even needed Solange to slap her husband in the elevator as she no get mouth. Hypocrites everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 26, 2018
I feel that feminist are just over doing their thing ...when u pple come and start shouting ur equality wahala, at least be objective, there's no battle of sexes going on, u make it look like men just want to rule over u cos they are men and they've got peniis.. like society or some invisible law is making women be under men conventionally .sometimes it's just nature, men and women aren't just the same and they will never be, in all ur advocacy and shouting, don't forget that.

The other day, a lady was saying, in every company there are high number of men that women..and this isn't right..women are not given equal opportunity and that the NLC need to look into it....this is not where feminist should come and clamour for equality...because u can't expect the HR of a company to ignore the biological nature of women and employ them without considering a proper ratio of sexes...at the end of the day no one gets a sex time table...a company can't function when everyone decide to fucck away and go on maternity leave...if u want a company not to consider ur status as a woman before hiring u, would u be okay if it doesn't care u are a woman when u decided to get pregnant.?..after all men don't go on 3 month maternity and still get paid..so women shouldn't as well as a sign of equality

She also included that women have not been given chance in politics in Nigeria....I was like, my God!!! I don't get....are u saying, in a particular election round men should be prevented from contesting to give u women a chance...u sound like u want the rules bent in ur favour....this is no longer equality. The men in power did not get power handed over to them. They contested and won..

There are lots of jobs strictly for women in some companies..u don't hear men shouting equality deficit. ..but once a job is labelled a man's thing women start to shout...and at the end of the day..they still want to be treated as women/mothers on that job . They want you to consider they have kids and they can't meet up some engagement because of the timing, they have to drop the kids at school, bla bla bla, they start to shout victimisation because they are women

In the UK, the cost of auto insurance of women is cheaper than men..is that victimisation and not considering equality??.it has just been assumed that women are better drivers than men, they are more paitient, it's nature, naturally on a normal day women are more calm than men at the end it still comes down to the fact that men and women aren't the same..

Don't bring the equality nonsense to marriage settings it will only lead to problems at the end of day
U will be shouting equality, won't u will still take his last name?
U won't tell ur man this time u must carry the baby for 4.5months because it has to be an equal thing..men and women aren't the same, let's just leave it at that and not overstretch the advocacy of feminism to limits u can't handle

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by BossLaifay(f): 5:16pm On May 26, 2018
Braunstrowman oya o. Over to you. Lol
Hope you will be happy to see this post today
Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by braunstrowman: 5:19pm On May 26, 2018
BossLaifay:
Braunstrowman oya o. Over to you. Lol
Hope you will be happy to see this post today
good evening dear

Let me read first sis
Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by swiz123(m): 5:21pm On May 26, 2018
You see marriage as an achievement so much that you flaunt it every chance you get, yet you're a feminist,

Who else thinks that these lines are subtle digs at amarabae?? undecided
Mhisbliss, hope I'm wrong
Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by MrCork: 5:21pm On May 26, 2018
mhisbliss:
feminism is the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

I'm gonna speak for myself on this, I'm all down for the equal right stuff but i can't stand firm and call myself a feminist, because one day I'm going to be a wife and a mother, even if i don't want to or have to, I'll not want to disappoint my family and end up single and lonely for the rest of my life, its ok to be self reliant and hardworking but eventually I'll need a mate, its the way things should be, and when i find this mate, i will submit to him, because they can't be two heads in a home, i can walk away if he doesn't respect me but i can't see myself as his equal because he's my husband, this is why i won't boldly call myself a feminist.

And this is why i see hypocrisy in most people who call themselves feminists today, Beyonce, Oprah winfrey, Angelina Jolie, Emma watson are all notable feminists to mention a few, these women all have something in common, they're all successful and powerful, they're known and the world listens to them, feminists of old are like them as well, they're responsible for alot of things women have access to today, they include the right to vote, own properties, education, be financially independent and a whole lot of other stuff, these are the people you can call true feminists, its ok to see these women as role models but alot of ladies these days who don't understand the true meaning of feminism are taking it overboard.

Imagine a married housewife who happily dropped her last name and adopted her husband's last name, feminism is all about equal rights and you're a feminist, why can't he adopt your own last name but you're adopting his? A Nigerian man would tell you its because he's the one that married you not the other way around, that way you must submit to him, and you will, as a married woman you're mandated to see him as the head of the house while you're his companion, you make his meal, you keep his home, you make babies too, you're not coerced into doing these things but you're doing it yet you claim you're a feminist,

you're employed and you earn something every month, but you still expect your husband to give you feeding allowance and other allowances every month saying its his responsibility, how is it his responsibility when you're both equal, yet you're still a feminist, You're a hypocrite.

You can't sit on the fence, linda ikeji is successful as well, she can get things done, she has made her mark before coming out to decieve others, yet you're here with nothing to your name chanting feminist, before you join her in whatever she's doing try to be successful as well.

angry

1 Like

Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by donstan18: 5:22pm On May 26, 2018
cheesy
Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by MrCork: 5:26pm On May 26, 2018
mhisbliss:

..ok..so u saying nairaland females are hypocrisy becissue they are lessssssssbian feminist. ..correct. ....this is not fairon on nairaland females !
undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by mhisbliss(f): 5:29pm On May 26, 2018
Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by braunstrowman: 5:40pm On May 26, 2018
Am not happy dear
BossLaifay

Why should a married woman claim gender equality with his husband

Ephesians 5:22-24 New International Version (NIV)
22. Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

I don't see any reason, a well brained woman will engage in gender equality or be supporting feminism.

This idealogy women is displaying will surely take over them one day.

1 Like

Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by Oritzy: 5:42pm On May 26, 2018
MrCork:

..ok..so u saying nairaland females are hypocrisy becissue they are lessssssssbian feminist. ..correct. ....this is not fairon on nairaland females !
undecided
Correct ! Correct!! Yes!

English Migwo
Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by babyfaceafrica: 5:43pm On May 26, 2018
Hypocrisy... No real feminist in Nigeria..especially on NL......fake people everywhere
Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by mhisbliss(f): 5:54pm On May 26, 2018
braunstrowman:
Am not happy dear
BossLaifay

Why should a married woman claim gender equality with his husband

Ephesians 5:22-24 New International Version (NIV)
22. Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

I don't see any reason, a well brained woman will engage in gender equality or be supporting feminism.

This idealogy women is displaying will surely take over them one day.

Good point, i didn't reference the bible because as usual they'll say Africans are stupid because they adhere to the outdated rules scribbled on an old insignificant book by a crazy psychopath grin just like yesterday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by Amarabae(f): 5:58pm On May 26, 2018
The biitchhh is obsessed with me!
Oriaku Amarachi the nerve hiter,
She went and opened a thread for me.
Useless jobless slowpoke!
I don't have your time but get it in your pathetic mind that ORIAKU is far better than you in ALL classification.
Look for your mates!
Sadistic thing.

2 Likes

Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:32pm On May 26, 2018
This feminism issue has been overflogged on NL.Sometimes I wonder who is obsessed with the feminist ideology is it the feminist themselves or the anti-feminist on Nl.
Feminist worldover be it Nl,Nigeria elsewhere do not need your validation to tell them whether or not they are real/true or fake.
It is their lives not yours so you guys should mind your businesses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by makydebbie(f): 6:58pm On May 26, 2018
No, feminism is beyond marriage.

This is the rebranded version of feminism. As a real feminist, feminism will not affect your marriage. It's not about pulling men back, it's about walking together.

1 Like

Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by Tallesty1(m): 7:12pm On May 26, 2018
swiz123:

Who else thinks that these lines are subtle digs at amarabae?? undecided
Mhisbliss, hope I'm wrong
Amarabae is not a feminist.

Mhisbliss you need to understand that feminists of today don't do what they preach. In don't take them seriously. Most of them on nairaland have had one abortion and many body counts so their pain is understandable.

I won't use the same people you listed up as examples of those who say one thing and do another because we would be saying the same thing so lemme come from the political side.

Whenever an african country elects a woman as their president, these oyibo feminists celebrate it and term it victory for woman/feminism but when the right time came for them to elect a female president they voted for trump, a man who is exactly the type of people that necessitated the feminism movement.
Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by SeishinSenshi: 7:17pm On May 26, 2018
mhisbliss:

Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by mhisbliss(f): 7:22pm On May 26, 2018
Tallesty1:
Amarabae is not a feminist.

Mhisbliss you need to understand that feminists of today don't do what they preach. In don't take them seriously. Most of them on nairaland have had one abortion and many body counts so their pain is understandable.

I won't use the same people you listed up as examples of those who say one thing and do another because we would be saying the same thing so lemme come from the political side.

Whenever an african country elects a woman as their president, these oyibo feminists celebrate it and term it victory for woman/feminism but when the right time came for them to elect a female president they voted for trump, a man who is exactly the type of people that necessitated the feminism movement.
The names are mentioned i call real feminists, the ones on nairaland are just hypocrites who say thrash and do something else
Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by GrammarNazi1(m): 7:24pm On May 26, 2018
mhisbliss:

...I...
Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by SeishinSenshi: 7:27pm On May 26, 2018
mhisbliss:

Imagine a married housewife who happily dropped her last name and adopted her husband's last name, feminism is all about equal rights and you're a feminist, why can't he adopt your own last name but you're adopting his? A Nigerian man would tell you its because he's the one that married you not the other way around, that way you must submit to him, and you will, as a married woman you're mandated to see him as the head of the house while you're his companion, you make his meal, you keep his home, you make babies too, you're not coerced into doing these things but you're doing it yet you claim you're a feminist

I understood and concurred with you fully until these paragraphs. I don't understand how these fit into your post. How does being married and respectful to your husband equal hypocrisy? Feminism from my understanding isn't role reversal or supposed 'gender equality' but rather equal opportunities and rights for both individuals. It doesn't mean the woman is equal to the man. So a woman can advocate for fair rights in a society and yet still love and respect her husband, recognize his authority as head in a home and not try to usurp it.

1 Like

Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by CAPSLOCKED: 7:29pm On May 26, 2018
makydebbie:
No, feminism is beyond marriage.

This is the rebranded version of feminism. As a real feminist, feminism will not affect your marriage. It's not about pulling men back, it's about walking together.

TRUE TALK.

THE UNFORTUNATE THING IS THAT THERE ARE NO REAL FEMINISTS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by makydebbie(f): 8:16pm On May 26, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

TRUE TALK.

THE UNFORTUNATE THING IS THAT THERE ARE NO REAL FEMINISTS.
Lol, true.

1 Like

Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 26, 2018
I like you a lot, if there's one NL person I want to have a date with, it would be you, nice dp
makydebbie:
Lol, true.
Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by makydebbie(f): 8:21pm On May 26, 2018
DonPiiko:
I like you a lot, if there's one NL person I want to have a date with, it would be you, nice dp
Lol, it could happen.
Thanks dear.

1 Like

Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by IamPlato(m): 8:23pm On May 26, 2018
DonPiiko:

You Are A Father Hen undecided
Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 26, 2018
It will happen, I am positive
makydebbie:
Lol, it could happen.
Thanks dear.
Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 26, 2018
IamPlato:

You Are A Father Hen undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

TRY THEM!! Top 5 Sex Styles That Will Make Your Girl Love You More / Anita Joseph Shares Love-up Bedroom Video With Her Husband, Mc Fish / Lady Apologizes To All The Men She Has Slept With As She Reveals Her HIV Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.