Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Feminism Or Hypocrisy - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Feminism Or Hypocrisy (1994 Views)

Is This Feminism Or Witchcraft? / Is This Feminism Or Stupidity? / Feminism Or Funny Behaviour In Women Is Always Related To The Third Leg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by makydebbie(f): 8:31pm On May 26, 2018
DonPiiko:
It will happen, I am positive
Lol, okay. smiley

1 Like

Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by IamPlato(m): 8:36pm On May 26, 2018
DonPiiko:
Is That Your Skull? cheesy
Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by youcanmakeit: 8:43pm On May 26, 2018
Amarabae:
[b]The biitchhh is obsessed with me!
Oriaku Amarachi the nerve hiter,
She went and opened a thread for me.
Useless jobless slowpoke!
I don't have your time but get it in your pathetic mind that ORIAKU is far better than you in ALL classification.
Woman, you full of shit.

You can as well add feminist to your CV.
Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 26, 2018
See yours
IamPlato:

Is That Your Skull? cheesy

Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by IamPlato(m): 8:46pm On May 26, 2018
DonPiiko:
See yours

Is Like Weed Is In Your Night Food undecided
Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 26, 2018
IamPlato:

Is Like Weed Is In Your Night Food undecided

Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by chigoizie7(m): 9:59pm On May 26, 2018
I kept hearing all these

Women being given equal voice in governments.

Let me ask this.

Is there any place in Nigerian constitution that says that a lady or woman cannot contest for a certain post?

Is there any role in this government that says that a woman is not entitled to a certain political appointment?

There is a big difference between equality and equity .

I am a pro African man. I would love to provide for my family, but in a situation where I cannot, let my wife help me.
Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by bluefilm: 1:33pm On Jun 11, 2019
mhisbliss:
feminism is the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

I'm gonna speak for myself on this, I'm all down for the equal right stuff but i can't stand firm and call myself a feminist, because one day I'm going to be a wife and a mother, even if i don't want to or have to, I'll not want to disappoint my family and end up single and lonely for the rest of my life, its ok to be self reliant and hardworking but eventually I'll need a mate, its the way things should be, and when i find this mate, i will submit to him, because they can't be two heads in a home, i can walk away if he doesn't respect me but i can't see myself as his equal because he's my husband, this is why i won't boldly call myself a feminist.

And this is why i see hypocrisy in most people who call themselves feminists today, Beyonce, Oprah winfrey, Angelina Jolie, Emma watson are all notable feminists to mention a few, these women all have something in common, they're all successful and powerful, they're known and the world listens to them, feminists of old are like them as well, they're responsible for alot of things women have access to today, they include the right to vote, own properties, education, be financially independent and a whole lot of other stuff, these are the people you can call true feminists, its ok to see these women as role models but alot of ladies these days who don't understand the true meaning of feminism are taking it overboard.

Imagine a married housewife who happily dropped her last name and adopted her husband's last name, feminism is all about equal rights and you're a feminist, why can't he adopt your own last name but you're adopting his? A Nigerian man would tell you its because he's the one that married you not the other way around, that way you must submit to him, and you will, as a married woman you're mandated to see him as the head of the house while you're his companion, you make his meal, you keep his home, you make babies too, you're not coerced into doing these things but you're doing it yet you claim you're a feminist,

You see marriage as an achievement so much that you flaunt it every chance you get, yet you're a feminist,

you're employed and you earn something every month, but you still expect your husband to give you feeding allowance and other allowances every month saying its his responsibility, how is it his responsibility when you're both equal, yet you're still a feminist, You're a hypocrite.

You can't sit on the fence, linda ikeji is successful as well, she can get things done, she has made her mark before coming out to decieve others, yet you're here with nothing to your name chanting feminist, before you join her in whatever she's doing try to be successful as well.

Hmmmm

So much sense.
Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by Ryan03(f): 2:06pm On Jun 11, 2019
mhisbliss:
We're both saying the same thing, and i didn't suggest that feminists shouldn't respect thier spouses, I gave instances but i knew you'd argue, you love it so much
So a woman taking her husbands name means she is not a feminist? A man providing for his home means his wife is not a feminist? You know nothing about feminism
Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by Ryan03(f): 2:09pm On Jun 11, 2019
chigoizie7:
I kept hearing all these

Women being given equal voice in governments.

Let me ask this.

Is there any place in Nigerian constitution that says that a lady or woman cannot contest for a certain post?

Is there any role in this government that says that a woman is not entitled to a certain political appointment?

There is a big difference between equality and equity .

I am a pro African man. I would love to provide for my family, but in a situation where I cannot, let my wife help me.

Thank you bro
Re: Feminism Or Hypocrisy by Ryan03(f): 2:27pm On Jun 11, 2019
SeishinSenshi:

I understood and concurred with you fully until these paragraphs. I don't understand how these fit into your post. How does being married and respectful to your husband equal hypocrisy? Feminism from my understanding isn't role reversal or supposed 'gender equality' but rather equal opportunities and rights for both individuals. It doesn't mean the woman is equal to the man. So a woman can advocate for fair rights in a society and yet still love and respect her husband, recognize his authority as head in a home and not try to usurp it.
God bless you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Love / I Have B@nged Many Women With Huge Backside At Cheap Hotels-don little / What Makes You Happy And What Makes You Sad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.