Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,934 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities (54781 Views)

Your Education Policy Wicked, Against Nigerian Youth - ASUU Slams Buhari / Racial Bias Against Nigerian Causes Protest At Yale University. / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by ovcwality(m): 12:06pm On May 27, 2018
HigherEd:

Erm you too consider the church. The early christians sold off inheritances for the church yet they never got free education nor free healthcare.
They did wealth redistribution but that was because the church got the all of members. You can't be giving 50-150 naira a Sunday and expect to get free everything.
who is collecting the 50-150 naira grin
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 12:07pm On May 27, 2018
princfred:
Upgrade is in many forms. If a church set up a security or logistic outfit , rehaps for cultists and prostitutes, to help tackle cultism in universities thats something. If they are interested improving existing universities they will achieve it.
Churches in the two universities I've been to hold reforms for former cultists and juvenile delinquents in general. Also preaching to them the ills of their doings is also a method of reform. That's good enough for me.
And security is not something the church should be involved in. If the church does that and there's a backlash by a particular cultist group against the church by killing members, what will you say then?
Besides, the government can cover it properly. For example, the SARS agency in Uniport literally turned that school around. That school was a den of cultism. It's only on social media that I hear of a different type of SARS.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by olaorestephen(m): 12:07pm On May 27, 2018
nowpresence:

I wonder why the focus is on the church. What about other religion. when it comes to Christianity people always want to flex muscle.

I wonder if Christianity is the only religion in Nigeria, Sad enough those spewing rubbish are those who pay #20 in church,, The saka's donated in mosques what are they used for??
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by princfred(m): 12:07pm On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

Why are you bringing me consistently into a conversation I didn't talk about. Jet is not my business. Ahh.

Look, some things just can't happen. You're a human. If you feel that's what needs to be done, then advocate for it and bring the churches together. Don't come here saying you want a private university to be free. It's just not possible. Is the money for maintainance falling from heaven?
That's my take.
Stop deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 12:08pm On May 27, 2018
kennypoka2:

If you are open-minded, based on those posts I quoted and those I countered, you'll know my point. I don't need to write an epistle before I make my points CLEAR. It's only unintelligent folks like you that find it hard to see my point.

N. B: I still stand on my other point that you are not wise!! undecided
Ok.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by princfred(m): 12:08pm On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

Why are you bringing me consistently into a conversation I didn't talk about. Jet is not my business. Ahh.

Look, some things just can't happen. You're a human. If you feel that's what needs to be done, then advocate for it and bring the churches together. Don't come here saying you want a private university to be free. It's just not possible. Is the money for maintainance falling from heaven?
That's my take.
Then you ate shying from the inconvenient part. So its selective amnesia now. Private university with peoples contributions is your business but not private jet? Then why is what Buhari does your business?
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Leopantro: 12:09pm On May 27, 2018
HigherEd:

Churches have no business running airlines. If they own jets they can rent it out to cover maintainance cost. But owning full commercial airlines is going too far..

At least you agree on some wrong doings done by some churches.
My questions are
1. MUST churches build universities? what happened to the definition of the word "church"? if churches now require physical buildings to impart the morals of Christianity then the orginal concept of the word "church" has bern forgotten.

2. with so many universities currently in the country and including those that secured higher qualifications outside the country, where are the jobs these graduates will occupy? people are lossing jobs left, right and center. people with masters and PH.d are working in banks and applying to be drivers in Dangote companies. if the graduates now cannot generate jobs for the populace, will it be the special graduates from these universities?

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Leopantro: 12:10pm On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

Churches in the two universities I've been to hold reforms for former cultists and juvenile delinquents in general. Also preaching to them the ills of their doings is also a method of reform. That's good enough for me.
And security is not something the church should be involved in. If the church does that and there's a backlash by a particular cultist group against the church by killing members, what will you say then?
Besides, the government can cover it properly. For example, the SARS agency in Uniport literally turned that school around. That school was a den of cultism. It's only on social media that I hear of a different type of SARS.

my questions are
1. MUST churches build universities? what happened to the definition of the word "church"? if churches now require physical buildings to impart the morals of Christianity then the orginal concept of the word "church" has bern forgotten.
2. with so many universities currently in the country and including those that secured higher qualifications outside the country, where are the jobs these graduates will occupy? people are lossing jobs left, right and center. people with masters and PH.d are working in banks and applying to be drivers in Dangote companies. if the graduates now cannot generate jobs for the populace, will it be the special graduates from these universities?
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 12:10pm On May 27, 2018
princfred:
Then you ate shying from the inconvenient part. So its selective amnesia now. Private university with peoples contributions is your business but not private jet? Then why is what Buhari does your business.
There no relation between the tuition fees of a university and a jet.
Private universities cannot be free. That's what I have to say.
And what Buhari does is not my business. Did you see me comment about Buhari anywhere apart from here?
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Fhowe: 12:10pm On May 27, 2018
princfred:
Then run something else less costly to uplift the poor who contribute. How does it makes sense to collect thrir money to build something they font benefit from? If whites do that to you, you will be making noise now your fellow blacks do that but are saints.
contributing towards these is optional nobody was forced to contribute stop looking for faults in men of God (dangerous part to follow even if they are bad who are you to judge them) .most think this private universities is all about the fees alone the fees does not include feeding and cooking is not allowed so I don't think the poor masses can still afford it if they are giving scholarship .Cut.your coat according to your material .
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Adebowale89(m): 12:13pm On May 27, 2018
just imagine how Christians are here digging out facts, criticising and appraising the advantages&disadvantages of church activities

if Muslims can adopt this kind of method perhaps bokoharam and herdsmen stupidity wouldn't have escalated to this way. they'll rather protest on nonsense hijab that don't justify their mind

ride on guys, there is sense in critics. ishaq muric should come learn constructive criticism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 12:13pm On May 27, 2018
princfred:
Then run something else less costly to uplift the poor who contribute. How does it makes sense to collect thrir money to build something they font benefit from? If whites do that to you, you will be making noise now your fellow blacks do that but are saints.
Something less costly. I presented that opinion to someone and he was talking rubbish.
So, you'd prefer a sub-standard university that's no different from the public universities you're trying to run away from?
I think the better option is the scholarships that are being awarded. That way, you get to go to a premium university, coerced to maintain your grades and behavior so you don't lose the scholarship.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by tizzdi(m): 12:13pm On May 27, 2018
i hope to open a truly free university someday..devoid of church..it doesn’t always have to be connected to church..it could come from ur goodwill
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by princfred(m): 12:15pm On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

Are you trying yo proof their is no way church can upgrade existing universities if they are interested? Their is a big difference between church and Rehaps my friend stop deceiving yourself.
The church members need to be direct security personnel but can support in a million and one ways after all they also provide security in their own universities without fear of reprisal attack by cultists on thrir members . Again its about interest.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by princfred(m): 12:15pm On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

Are you trying to proof their is no way church can upgrade existing universities if they are interested? Their is a big difference between church and Rehaps my friend stop deceiving yourself.
The church members need to be direct security personnel but can support in a million and one ways after all they also provide security in their owm universities without fear of reprisal attack by cultists on thrir members . Again its about interest.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by ovcwality(m): 12:17pm On May 27, 2018
CodeTemplar:
So let us reason it further brethren.
A man earn #50,000 and can't afford to pay #600, 000 as fee per annum, he pays his tithe of #5,000 in accordance with the covenant and now wants the church to flip his average annual tithe of #60,000(#5000/month) into #600,000 in form of subsidized education.
It takes a level of dead conscience for such a thought to flow through a sane mans mind.
Me I did not make convenant with ur pastor, dey only time I will take u ppl serious is when ur Go's pay tithes in my church when I open one instead of giving another church that is rich, let's help one another u know grin
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by princfred(m): 12:17pm On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

Something less costly. I presented that opinion to someone and he was talking rubbish.
So, you'd prefer a sub-standard university that's no different from the public universities you're trying to run away from?
I think the better option is the scholarships that are being awarded. That way, you get to go to a premium university, coerced to maintain your grades and behavior so you don't lose the scholarship.
No. I prefer a standard secondary school with low tuition the poor can pay for than universities the poor cant pay for.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by ladygudhead(f): 12:18pm On May 27, 2018
Its so annoying when people keep saying "university built by the poor" who are 'the poor', can a poor man built university? Is sound education cheap? Is it possible for 'all the poor' to be offered free tuition? Are there not provision for scolarship for 'the poor',even in any school in the world? should 'a poor' contribute to build standard schools as there are and remain 'poor'? Even those that are saying their tithes are being used to acquire private jets, funny their tithes are just 50naira or they dont even pay regularly(and even giving grudgingly) , whereas the ones who sow huge sums dont even make noise. NB: This to any church that has school irrespective educatinal level. They built the school, did they also build the administration?
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Meklex(m): 12:19pm On May 27, 2018
Why open Universities if it's more costlier than an average university? It's not even that they are ranking best or anything, so why bother to establish something as sub par as the existing universities only with tuitions that you'll to pay through your nose? Why?

Afterthoughts: Churches shouldn't be building Universities in the first place, they should build NGOs instead. The church is already an institution of learning, why build schools? Why?

2 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by londoner: 12:20pm On May 27, 2018
princfred:
No. I prefer a standard secondary school with low tuition the poor can pay for than universities the poor cant pay for.

Or better still top notch trade schools that lead onto actual employment or businesses.

2 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Leopantro: 12:20pm On May 27, 2018
Meklex:
Why open Universities if it's more costlier than an average university? It's not even that they are ranking best or anything, so why bother to establish something as sub par as the existing universities only with tuitions that you'll to pay through your nose? Why?

Afterthoughts: Churches shouldn't be building Universities in the first place, they should build NGOs instead. The church is already an institution of learning, why build schools? Why?

my point exactly
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 12:22pm On May 27, 2018
Leopantro:

my questions are
The purpose of the universities is to raise a standard better than the ones of the current public universities which are falling by the day.
If people had proper education, a job wouldn't be their only means of survival. Besides, I've seen a vast majority of Nigeria's graduates who can't even defend their degree. People like that can't get a job. This is the same Nigeria where you see a graduate of say, Unilag with a 2.2 claiming that he's better than his counterpart from another university with a first class.
We need a better standard of education to produce graduates who can appropriately defend their degree, thereby maximizing the achievements in their jobs as well as creating employment for the others. Graduates who think, not graduates who rant.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by princfred(m): 12:23pm On May 27, 2018
Fhowe:
contributing towards these is optional nobody was forced to contribute stop looking for faults in men of God (dangerous part to follow even if they are bad who are you to judge them) .most think this private universities is all about the fees alone the fees does not include feeding and cooking is not allowed so I don't think the poor masses can still afford it if they are giving scholarship .Cut.your coat according to your material .
Optional contributions or not is not the issue here. The contributors benefitting is and missionaries who brought Christianity set some humanitarian standards opposite of which we see today by so called church leaders. That should concern any reasonable Christian. True Christians should not look the other way when the so called MOG are making a selfish mockery of the religion. Shut up and look away is not what the bible preached.

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DoblyYou(m): 12:24pm On May 27, 2018
ladygudhead:
Its so annoying when people keep saying "university built by the poor" who are 'the poor', can a poor man built university? Is sound education cheap? Is it possible for 'all the poor' to be offered free tuition? Are there not provision for scolarship for 'the poor',even in any school in the world? should 'a poor' contribute to build standard schools as there are and remain 'poor'? Even those that are saying their tithes are being used to acquire private jets, funny their tithes are just 50naira or they dont even pay regularly(and even giving grudgingly) , whereas the ones who sow huge sums dont even make noise. NB: This to any church that has school irrespective educatinal level. They built the school, did they also build the administration?

I didn't finish reading. I stopped at "just N50". N50 is "just" when paid by a woman with N100! Why do we need these UNIs sef.??
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 12:24pm On May 27, 2018
Meklex:

Take a trip to Covenant or Elizade ( I'm sure you've not even heard of Elizade cheesy).
Check them out and then come and tell me in what way they are "sub par".

If the government will not give quality education, someone must do it. It's only Nigeria you see a university collecting 25k as tuition. Then later people will start complaining that the universities don't teach well. How will they when they're not being properly funded?
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by LaExpert: 12:29pm On May 27, 2018
Inricash:
You guys are typing out of ignorance...

Fahlz said the bitter truth without any sugar coating...

You mention cost of running a University as maybe a profit making venture not as a missionary..

Those missionaries that came to preach the gospel had several secondary school they ran for free, which one is your church running for free? And in your comparison to Government, ask yourself if the government is not also struggling to fund Secondary or even primary schools....

How do you even Justify fees in excess of a million or two in a bid to Justify the Church...

You want the Church to build free schools?

Clap for yourself...

I hope you'll pay the lectures, electricity bills, research costs and provide all other running costs.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by zomoears(m): 12:30pm On May 27, 2018
Oh really? Someone has something negative to say about Falz' pun on Nigeria? That means the truth really pinched you guys, especially the church guys...

Next IGP will send out a transmission ordering his arrest because his song was against the Transmission Act laws of FRN 2018.

Fulani guys will declare jihad on Falz.

SARS will block d route leading to his house and ask him to account for every penny he owns.

Codeine and drug consuming boys will sue him for defamation.

Yahoo boys will declare him persona non grata.

I just tire for the country we live in. This is Nigeria.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by princfred(m): 12:32pm On May 27, 2018
ladygudhead:
The amount people contribute is not the issue as whatever "small" amount can be the persons riches . I may have only 100# and give 90% its as valuable as a man who contributed 150# out of his 1 million riches . Christ made that abundantly clear. The issue here is; is it Christianly moral to collect #1 from 30 million poor people and use it to do things they cant benefit from when there are things some of them can benefit from that can be done? Answer that question sincerely without deflection, ad hominin attacks etc
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by londoner: 12:32pm On May 27, 2018
DoblyYou:

I didn't finish reading. I stopped at "just N50". N50 is "just" when paid by a woman with N100! Why do we need these UNIs sef.??

Exactly, the story of the widow's mite comes to mind. University degrees abound in Nigeria, gainful and long term employment is what is elusive. The future may belong to the entrepreneur to be honest because the current 'system' is not working for the ordinary person of any religion. To be poor itself is a crime it seems.

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by zomoears(m): 12:33pm On May 27, 2018
LaExpert:

You want the Church to build free schools?

Clap for yourself...

I hope you'll pay the lectures, electricity bills, research costs and provide all other running costs.

Seriously go and borrow brain cos yours aint working.

When the missionaries were doing it, was it a crime? They were funding these schools from collections and free will donations. Today's pastors are more interested in private jets and earthly wealth. Do you know how many free schools one private jet can fund and for how many years?

You are blindly defending these church guys as if they were God, while they twist the word of God to exploit people.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by HeyCorleone(m): 12:33pm On May 27, 2018
CodeTemplar:
But let us reasonable oh, How can a church extort a follower and the follower still goes there ? Use what God gave you na.

Because Nigerians are naturally gullible and dumb. That's why for centuries different tribes if Nigeria were held hostage by their chief priests and gods. Then the white men arrived and instantly they forsook those gods.

Nigerians would prefer to be extorted so as to be at peace with their creator, mostly because they are emotionally blackmailed into thinking not paying certain dues would incur the wrath of God.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 12:34pm On May 27, 2018
princfred:
Are you trying to proof their is no way church can upgrade existing universities if they are interested? Their is a big difference between church and Rehaps my friend stop deceiving yourself.
The church members need to be direct security personnel but can support in a million and one ways after all they also provide security in their owm universities without fear of reprisal attack by cultists on thrir members . Again its about interest.
Wow. Why will they fear reprisal when there are no cultists in those universities in the first place
It's like you've lost your points.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

Michael Okpara University (MOUAU) 2014/2015 postume form on sale / UNN Exam Question After 8 Months Of ASUU Strike (Pictured) / Noble Eyisi Graduates With 1st Class In The UK After Suspension From UNIZIK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.