Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities (54785 Views)

Your Education Policy Wicked, Against Nigerian Youth - ASUU Slams Buhari / Racial Bias Against Nigerian Causes Protest At Yale University. / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Livefreeordieha(m): 11:21am On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

So after all these lines, it appears you didn't barely read my initial statement. You came here with intent to defend yourself by all means.

I did not in any place say that the basic schools the missionaries built in Nigeria were not free.

I asked you, did any missionary build a university in Nogeria? You dodged it.

No they didn't but they owned nursery to secondary schools..With high standards completely free with choices day and housing facilities..Perhaps if they stayed long or the government didn't eventually interfered they would have its a probable submission or an opinion.

Now tell me which of ur pastors have an extra moral lectures for free?? Let alone a school..Please excuse me I'm tired of sheeples jare..

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Inricash(m): 11:21am On May 27, 2018
CodeTemplar:

You are the one parading ignorance here.
Let me try tracing it from the church to the poor for you.
The church schools and are established to deliver a certain standard of education which has its own level of required funding. Now let's say that funding translate to # 10, 000 per student per year.

The church can't pay 10,000 for all student so decide to pay for only those they can through à scholarship arrangement that targets a blend of the best and the poor. After covering those within their immediate capacity they open the floor for best(academically) who can afford the whole 10,000 on their own.

This is the reality for most church unis but people don't want to hear that. They think the church is their government. As long as the government receives your tax the government is the sole provider of every other things you share in common with nonbelievers.

Now the price for that standard of education with no profit making interest in mind is fees of over a million...

Just agree, the schools by most churches today are profit making ventures..

You don't need to set up schools to offer scholarships and scholarship doesn't justify that amount for their standard of education
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by kennypoka2(m): 11:21am On May 27, 2018
slydog:

Can we form our own church and then open it for the poor and down trodden? Can we plan this? So that we can make a difference?
What's your point??
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by frubben(m): 11:21am On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

I think you misquoted. I didn't say anything about the reason they build universities.
please why do dey run to build uni . see they are not gaining anytin like you say. how about the secondary and primary school that are very high. you want to tell me the cost of maintaining secondary and primary is high too.

please answer o
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by princfred(m): 11:21am On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

My business is not with any jet money. That is between the pastor and his God. I haven't said anything about my own church that gives free food, clothes, and health care to the needy. Because that is not the scope of this matter.
So the church should basically be helping the FG right. The same FG that cannot account for much of the money allocated to universities. The church should give them more space for embezzlement
Which space? I said upgrade the universities not give them the money to embezzle. The jet money is also between them snd those who contributed for it.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Samogbo1(m): 11:22am On May 27, 2018
HigherEd:

We are simply asking many of these entitled folks to tell us where you got your ideas of an utopia where church uni run without charging fees. Yale, Princeton, Harvard came into the argument because they were founded by churches of their clergies. But if you think that is too hard to process then tell us how Yonsei, regeant, pepperdine, Oral Roberts uni, biola uni, Loyola Marymount uni, oakwood uni, villanova uni, leeward, Georgetown uni, St Andrews uni all founded and in many cases still run by churches charge millions of naira that dwarf the tuition of Nigerian church unis.
Why are people in those countries not screaming like many of the idiots in Nigeria. Maybe it's because they understand a thing or two about what it cost to run a university.

Why are their poor not screaming blue murder against the church for allowing their unis charge them thousands of dollars in fees which results in ppl taking back breaking loans to pay. Their poor also pay tithe and offerings, not to talk of the huge financial aid their govt still gives to private universities. Catholic uni of Notre dame collected millions of USD from US every year yet the school fees is 45,000USD.

The best private uni in Africa is American Univ of Cairo which charges 14,000USD while Covenant is the second and charges about 3,000USD. Let that sink in.

DrayZee CodeTemplar made important point on the so called call for industries. And let me reiterate that many universities funded by churches even have more employees than some industries. But be rest assured that when churches go into industries you would hear demonic things like "how can church build an auto industry when members can't afford the cars they make." That's the insanity of the Nigerian populace they deliberately forget the churches to employ ppl through universities and draw out the fact that poor people can't attend. Covenant for instance has over 2000 families feeding from it. But no let's forget that and focus on the 850,000 fees that the poor cannot pay.

Bro, u keep mentioning advanced nations and societies in ur quotes without considering the basis for generalizing facts.

Nigeria is a third world country, where as d likes o Yale, Notre Dame, Harvard all has there leanings in advanced nations.

This nations are in no where to be compared to less developed country like Nigeria this implies that soft pedals shld be meted on its populace.regarding education and other social contributions rather than venting exorbitant levies on the tithe payers in d name of sch fees.

I must admit that u r sound, informed and exposed but using ur exposure to defend Nigerian Clergies on their routine milking of poor masses through the proliferation of unis... DOESN'T SOUND WISE OF U.

Again, I will urge u to always derail from using profane/derogatory words while laying ur points next tym.

Finally, Nigeria shldnt be compared to Advanced countries regards to humanitarian welfares(unis) based on our developmental attainment so far.

2 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by slydog(m): 11:22am On May 27, 2018
felony101:
I pity Nigerians ignorance clouds majority our brains... Y build a school from church proceeds in which a common n middle class mans tithe is and raise d standards to DAT of the high class.. Tomorrow we focus on the Muslims those peeps have love for themselves even if mosque builds an Islamic school a poot man can afford it n have access yet I go to church pay all I'm asked to pay n give den send my child to fed uni.. Hypocrisy will kill us in dis country... Falz sing it again n again.. The person wey post this thread I should go to church... It cos u have n android phone n can afford data abi... U donno how pipu are suffering.

And yet the only Islamic private univerty in Nigeria is outrightly profit making.
You claim they live themselves selves how come the many mosques in the not still can't set up free universities for the almajiris?
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by princfred(m): 11:24am On May 27, 2018
slydog:

And yet the only Islamic private univerty in Nigeria is outrightly profit making.
You claim they live themselves selves how come the many mosques in the not still can't set up free universities for the almajiris?
That is wrong of them so should christians emulate them?
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by slydog(m): 11:24am On May 27, 2018
kennypoka2:

What's your point??

Now, did the missionaries build universities when they came here? No
Is it cheap to run a university? No
Is there any cheap private university (by your standards) on the surface of the earth? No.
So tell me, what miracle do you want the churches to perform to make the universities "free"?
Do you expect lecturers to teach and not demand salary? Or will you be willing to work as a lecturer in the sch for next to peanuts? Do you expect cleaners to clean and not demand salary? Do you expect the university to order infrastructure and not pay for it? Do you expect them to receive their 24/7 electricity for free?

Please tell me, what plan do you have that can make a full fledged university free? Tell us this your brilliant idea that no one on earth has ever thought of before so that we can set one up.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by worlexy(m): 11:25am On May 27, 2018
princfred:
Those business centre schools are not missionary schools my friend. Stop deceiving yourself. Whites had real missionary schools and people didnt have to apply to lecture without salary for theirs to be tuition free.
Pls just name of missionary University that is free
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by princfred(m): 11:25am On May 27, 2018
frubben:
please why do dey run to build uni . see they are not gaining anytin like you say. how about the secondary and primary school that are very high. you want to tell me the cost of maintaining secondary and primary is high too.

please answer o
Abi o . If they cant build free university why not build free primary school?
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by worlexy(m): 11:25am On May 27, 2018
princfred:
Those business centre schools are not missionary schools my friend. Stop deceiving yourself. Whites had real missionary schools and people didnt have to apply to lecture without salary for theirs to be tuition free.
Pls just name one missionary University that is free
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by MPESA(m): 11:25am On May 27, 2018
HigherEd:

You ask why churches build universities? That I'm sorry to say is very funny. The churches build universities to be able to pass the Christian ordinance into a youthful population. Having the opportunity to teach students the ways of God under the platform of secular education is too great an opportunity to pass by. To correct ills of the society by taking folks at their formative stage and serving as an incubation for their developments into morally equipped individuals with reverence and knowledge of God.

Now churches have been building universities even before the person who named Nigeria was born and even preceded the US government and European nations to establish them. The Harvard's, Yale, Notre dame, yonsei would never have existed without the church.

As per industry the church has no mandate in it. Why should the church build industries? To create wealth - it is not the role of the church to create wealth, To provide jobs - It is not the role of the church to provide jobs. Unlike Universities, industries don't serve any relevance to the mandate of the church or her gospel. Let Kings remain kings and priest remain priest.

The church continues to have a mandate in creating schools(especially primary and secondary), Orphanages, Rehabs and Hospitals. Skill acquisitions for members is ok, building income generating companies is taking it too far.

No church university in Nigeria today is for profit making. The most expensive one, Babcock is subsidized by 2% of her total budget by the adventist church. Apostolic church gives Crawford 350 million subsidy every year, CU gets above 2 billion grants from winners every year. Landmark has gotten 6 billion in the past few years(I can go on!)

Are Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Yonsei, Notre dame affordable to the poor? Shouldn't they have been created(by the church) because the poor couldn't afford them? Do you even know the purpose of creating universities. You think it is to share admission for people.

Mockery? You sir are beginning to spout nonsense. The church universities which have run uninterrupted academic calendars, housed students like actual human beings, provided amenities the govt can't provide are suddenly the ones who are making a mockery of education. To take it further you are quite confused also. You just accused the church of profit mongering after slandering them for not investing in industries which are huge money spinners. It is safe to assume you would end up accusing the church of anything your imagination can create if they actually go into building industries.
Pls I'm not anti church or either are mine supporting Falz but after reading your answer to the question asked above. I came in conclusion you don't have the knowledge to answer the question and besides you are been to emotional in this matter.

how can you tell me that church can only build schools and not industries because you felt that its the responsibilities of the Government, because you believe that the sole reason of church building a schools is to impact moral to the youts.
Sir with due respect where immolarities exist are mostly in churches , take a look at the new generational churches from Pastors to the least of the members including the youths you find out that was not purpose or reasons of church existence EVEN BOTH Roman Catholic ,Anglicans are not excluded
Sir compare MOSQUE TO CHURCH and find out were disciplines are practised NOT preached.
WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE BODY OF CHRIST ,CHURCHES ARE RUN BY GREEDY AND SELFISH SETS OF PEOPLES WHOM ARE MORE OBSESSED AND BLIND FOLDED BY EARTHLY AND WORLDLY THINGS HIDING IN THE NAME THAT OUR GOD IS NOT POOR SO THEREFORE HE OR SHE CANT BE POOR WHILE YOUR NEIGHBOR ARE SUFFERING , I MEAN THE SHEEP'S UNDER YOUR CARE ARE SERIOUSLY HUNGRY WHILE YOU DONT CARE AND NOT BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW BUT BECAUSE YOU WANT TO HAVE IT ALL HERE ON EARTH AND ALSO HAVE IT THEIR IN HEAVEN.

The youths that can't be able to attend the so call schools because of high tuitions fees , tell me how they can be learn that moral lesson while he or she can't attend schools it will be taught ,SIR CHURCH IS THE BEST PLACE TO IMPOSE MORAL LESSON WHILE SCHOOLS FOR KNOWLEDGE TEACHINGS.
USING HAVARD , YALE ETC FOR YOUR EXAMPLS SHOWS HOW DESPERATE CHURCHES , I MEAN PASTORS AND BRAINED WASHED PEOPLES ARE TRYING SO HARD TO JUSTIFY AND DEFENDS THE EVILS BEEN DONE IN THE NAME OF OUR LORD.
SIR DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY INDUSTRIES THAT ARE EXISTING AND FUNCTIONING VERY WELL IN AMERICA , UK, EUROPEAN COUNTRIES BACK BEFORE THE CREATIONS OF THOSE SCHOOL YOU MENTIONED ABOVE.
SIR CHRIST WILL NOT BE HAPPY SEEING CHURCHES BOOMING WHILE HIS WORSHIPPERS ARE GOING HUNGRY AND THATS WHY AFTER PREACHING HE JESUS CHRIST HAD TO FEED 5000 PEOPLES BEFORE ALLOWING THEM TO RETIRED TO THEIR VARIOUS HOME..
IF TRULY OUR GOD IS RICH AND WEALTHY , THATS MEANS WE CANT BE POOR OR GO HUNGRY THATS WHY CHURCHES WITH ENOUGH FINANCIAL STATUES WILL COME OUT AND BUILD INDUSTRIES AND ALSO HELP TO CREATE EMPLOYEMENT .#MISSED PLACED PRIORITIES.
MIND YOU SIR EARLY MISSIONARIES BUILDS SCHOOLS , SOME ARE FREE WHILE MOST OF THEM ARE AFFORDABLE.
I GAVE UP ON CHURCH GREEDINESS ,ABOUT 7YEARS AGO WHEN THE FORMAL CAN PRESIDENT SAID OPENLY IN SUN NEWS PAPER THAT EDUCATION IS NOT MENT FOR THE POOR.

PLS MY QUESTION IS IF CHURCH CAN BUILD SCHOOLS AND CREATED JOBS OPPORTUNITIES IN THE ACADEMIES SECTORS WHILE NOT ALSO CHANNELS IT TO INDUSTRIAL SECTORS TO CREAT MORE GENERAL EMPLOYMENT TO BOTH THE CHURCH MEMBERS AND THE MASSES .
P.S
I'M BORN AND BROUGHT UP IN CHRISTIAN HOME BUT ALL THIS DO PAIN ME BECAUSE ITS SEEMS THAT CHURCH HAVE LOST ITS VALUE AND DIRECTIONS.
SHALOM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by princfred(m): 11:26am On May 27, 2018
worlexy:
Pls just name of missionary University that is free
If they can't build free university why not build free primary school, orphanages, Rehabs etc Those are real missionary stuffs. Only the ReHaps and orphanages whites built remain. Many girls doing olosho just to feed their out of wedlock child but lets build universities only the rich can afford.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Jencejyde(m): 11:26am On May 27, 2018
One of the most highly educative threads I have seen on nairaland for a long time.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 11:27am On May 27, 2018
kennypoka2:

I'll be nice this once.. Please post them here.
If you like don't be nice, I won't post them here. Go back and look at them. I have other people to answer. Next time counter objectively. Look at all your replies. All of them empty.

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by loswhite(m): 11:28am On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

Leave Higher.Ed first. The thing is a bit personal to him.

Now, did the missionaries build universities when they came here? No
Is it cheap to run a university? No
Is there any cheap private university (by your standards) on the surface of the earth? No. Even the ones built by the so called "missionaries" charge up to 7million naira per student.
So tell me, what miracle do you want the churches to perform to make the universities "free"?
Do you expect lecturers to teach and not demand salary? Do you expect cleaners to clean and not demand salary? Do you expect the university to order infrastructure and not pay for it? Do you expect them to receive their 24/7 electricity for free?

Please tell me, what plan do you have that can make a full fledged university free? Tell us this your brilliant idea that no one on earth has ever thought of before.
ok let us go to secondary schools since the missionaries did not built university....
The secondary schools are they affordable?
Is it cheap to run a secondary school? In your lane reasoning u think running those missionaries secondary schools where cheap right ? U ppm are just so blind. The most annoying part is the comparison with US and other countries without considering the parity of purchasing power in each of the countries

2 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by deolurexy1(m): 11:28am On May 27, 2018
jonesoibe:
I least expected this from falz. undecided�[b][/b]
Leave the church alone and mind your music career.

I hate when people say this, if no wan check these pastoprenueral capitalist using 'church' to sell thier brands and push their selfish agenda,who will? God will come down himself and strike them?
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Ozat: 11:29am On May 27, 2018
Nigeria is in trouble... What about other things in the song that's worth mentioning.. We are just too religious in this country.. We ain't Godly.. Just religious..
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Samogbo1(m): 11:29am On May 27, 2018
HigherEd:

We are simply asking many of these entitled folks to tell us where you got your ideas of an utopia where church uni run without charging fees. Yale, Princeton, Harvard came into the argument because they were founded by churches of their clergies. But if you think that is too hard to process then tell us how Yonsei, regeant, pepperdine, Oral Roberts uni, biola uni, Loyola Marymount uni, oakwood uni, villanova uni, leeward, Georgetown uni, St Andrews uni all founded and in many cases still run by churches charge millions of naira that dwarf the tuition of Nigerian church unis.
Why are people in those countries not screaming like many of the idiots in Nigeria. Maybe it's because they understand a thing or two about what it cost to run a university.

Why are their poor not screaming blue murder against the church for allowing their unis charge them thousands of dollars in fees which results in ppl taking back breaking loans to pay. Their poor also pay tithe and offerings, not to talk of the huge financial aid their govt still gives to private universities. Catholic uni of Notre dame collected millions of USD from US every year yet the school fees is 45,000USD.

The best private uni in Africa is American Univ of Cairo which charges 14,000USD while Covenant is the second and charges about 3,000USD. Let that sink in.

DrayZee CodeTemplar made important point on the so called call for industries. And let me reiterate that many universities funded by churches even have more employees than some industries. But be rest assured that when churches go into industries you would hear demonic things like "how can church build an auto industry when members can't afford the cars they make." That's the insanity of the Nigerian populace they deliberately forget the churches to employ ppl through universities and draw out the fact that poor people can't attend. Covenant for instance has over 2000 families feeding from it. But no let's forget that and focus on the 850,000 fees that the poor cannot pay.

Bro, u keep mentioning advanced nations and societies in ur quotes without considering the basis for generalizing facts.

Nigeria is a third world country, where as d likes of Yale, Notre Dame, Harvard all has there leanings in advanced nations.

This nations are in no where to be compared to less developed country like Nigeria this implies that soft pedals shld be meted on its populace regarding education and other social contributions rather than venting exorbitant levies on the tithe payers in d name of sch fees.

I must admit that u r sound, informed and exposed but using ur exposure to defend Nigerian Clergies on their routine milking of poor masses through the proliferation of unis... DOESN'T SOUND WISE OF U.

Again, I will urge u to always derail from using profane/derogatory words while laying ur points next tym.

Finally, Nigeria shldnt be compared to Advanced countries regards to humanitarian welfares(unis) based on our developmental attainments so far.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by CoolAmbience(m): 11:30am On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

So, now that Landmark University is engaging in commercial agriculture, and offering training for their students in agro-based endeavors, what do you now think of the church?
It's not everything done in their universities that they'll expose to the public. I know they can do better, but it's not as if they're doing nothing.

What is your point?

I just said that there isn't anything wrong with the Church creating wealth and jobs, simple.

More efforts in that regard is expected in the face of rising unemployment and restiveness among the youths.

What do you mean by 'exposed to the public', is it something that should be kept a secret? If it is done in the open, then the public is privy already.

Importantly, the ostentatious lifestyles of some of these clergymen go a long way in spurring these negative perceptions too.

Who do we blame for this?
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 11:30am On May 27, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
No they didn't but they owned nursery to secondary schools..With high standards completely free with choices day and housing facilities..Perhaps if they stayed long or the government didn't eventually interfered they would have its a probable submission or an opinion.

Now tell me which of ur pastors have an extra moral lectures for free?? Let alone a school..Please excuse me I'm tired of sheeples jare..
When you see any of your missionaries with a free university, come and tell me. Till then, peace!
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by kennypoka2(m): 11:31am On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

If you like don't be nice, I won't post them here. Go back and look at them. I have other people to answer. Next time counter objectively. Look at all your replies. All of them empty.
You are a disgrace and you should be ashamed of yourself for supporting evil even when you don't have much knowledge on the matter being discussed. I pity people like you.. The world would be better if only you choose to follow the right path.. Please, choose to. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 11:31am On May 27, 2018
frubben:

please answer o
My God. I never said anything about all these na. Look for the correct person you wanted to quote. Ahn ahn.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by okuwehcris: 11:32am On May 27, 2018
izzou:
grin

[b]First of all, I do not support Falz in anyway. So don't quote me if you don't understand my points. Thank you.

My question is? What is the aim of building the University in the first place? Is it to provide quality education, or to make profit?

If it's to provide quality education, then who are the targets? The rich or the poor? Because I'm sure no poor man can afford a private university.

Take a look at this country. The churches have made a mockery of the whole education sector. Every church wants to have a university. And you want to tell me it's not for profits? undecided Even the church that will reign tomorrow are already looking for a parcel of land for their proposed university. Don't we have enough already?

Why can't these churches build industries? Why can't two or three of these churches come together and create wealth if not for anyone, at least for their members?

Instead, they create more and more divisions among themselves. This founder will boast to his students that his school is the best amongst others, and how God gave him the vision to revive the educational sector. Rubbish undecided

I need not type more so you don't think I actually support Falz. Falz should have just kept quiet. It would have been better[/b]
Try and view it from another perspective, where it says if the advantages of a thing far supersede the disadvantage, then it's worth investing.
How much does a professor earn as monthly pay, multiply it by say minimum of 50, cost of maintenance and running cost you would realise running a standard University is not cheap...
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by turhibdwhale(m): 11:34am On May 27, 2018
Falz angry
'This is Nigeria' has been on repeat on my phone.
Truth is bitter.
He described Nigeria in a 4 minute song (I think).
Well Church belongs to a profit making organization so if you like typed a whole page trying to justify what Falz said I don't care.
He said the truth.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 11:34am On May 27, 2018
princfred:
Which space? I said upgrade the universities not give them the money to embezzle. The jet money is also between them snd those who contributed for it.
Abeg, jet no concern me here, ehn. Now, you mean it is viable to tell a Christian congregation to donate money towards upgrade of schools where cultism, prostitution and corruption abound. Is that really logical
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by SpoiltVirgin: 11:34am On May 27, 2018
izzou:

We are talking about Falz and his opinion. You should know Falz was talking our Nigerian pastors and not Harvard or Yale. I don't know why you keep bringing Harvard into this. Or you want to compare Harvard to mediocre universities like Madonna or Redeemers that still charge millions of naira for nothing?

And you guys feel it's not the church's responsibility to create jobs. I totally agree. But it's the church's responsibility to take almost a million from me a session, because they want to impact godly principles into me? Wonderful.

I wish I had time to reply your mentions. I want to hit the road soon. Falz is wrong because it's not his business, just as it isn't mine. But the springing up of universities everywhere by churches shows its not longer an issue of godly principles. It's about the money
Oga keep quiet. You have no point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by gregyboy(m): 11:34am On May 27, 2018
HigherEd:

I may need to school you again on what a profit making university is. Harvard with $25 billion endowment and 15 million naira/annum tuition is not a profit making university. Neither is Stanford nor Yale. That a university is collecting 10 million naira a year doesn't make it profit making. When we say a university is non profit. It simply means that the founders have elected to reinvest all revenue into the system.
The only faith based university in Nigeria that i am aware of being a profit making university is Alhikmah university which is Islamic.

Which yeye loophole. That is why you have a government you voted for. Even the Isrealites who had a thin line between Religion/State didn't expect nonsense from the synagogue. The church can't veer into full blown political governance and leave matters of spirituality relegate to the background. The essense of the church is to feed the spirit and soul not the belly. The church can give you food but does not have to give you a job.

Lol don't talk about an issue you know nothing of. NUC license more universities because there is shortage of universities. Nearly a million Nigerian youths are denied spaces every year in unis due to unavailable spaces.

What are you saying lol. The Adventist church has over 100 universities splashed across USA and Europe. There is no organisation in the world that owns half as much universities as the catholics. According to Professor Okebukola the catholic church has about 3,000 universities splattered across the globe. The Church of Christ owns/affilited to hundreds of universities in North America. The baptist church owns about 70 universities in the US. Combine all the government universities in the US they don't have 1/10th of universities belonging to churches. And amazingly govt partly funds the church universities there too and they are still not free.

I guess someone brought the idea of building university by churches to spread the gospel... And some priest also invented the cure for malaria in africa...but you're comment saying the church is to feed ur body and soul not food nor job... U forgot in the the book of james state
James 2:15-16 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

What is food and what is job ...job is a means to getting a food. can the Church feed everybody everyday ..there is a proverbs that say is better you tech a man to fish than giving him fish.
Am sorry if your ideology dont support building of industries creating job opportunity then it cant justify building of universities then .according to u universities' are built to impact gospel into lives then i ask you if industries or jobs are created to make profit or non what would it promote in the lives of the workers is it paganism? ...is it bad preaching the gospel at work places or praying at work places while doing your work ? If not why be an hyprocratic man
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 11:35am On May 27, 2018
princfred:
Abeg, jet no concern me here, ehn. Now, you mean it is viable to tell a Christian congregation to donate money towards upgrade of schools where cultism, prostitution and corruption abound. Along with the fact that there is no way the church can have authority over the occurrences on campus. Is that really logical
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by worlexy(m): 11:35am On May 27, 2018
Why not let's finish talking about the issue you raised first before we talk about other things

"Whites had real missionary schools and people didnt have to apply to lecture without salary for theirs to be tuition free"

Back this claim up with facts, just mention any missionary university in the world that is free

princfred:
If they cant build free university why not build free primary school, orphanages, Rehabs etc
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by debolayinka(m): 11:36am On May 27, 2018
izzou:

[b]It may please you to know that I am a product of a private university(church owned) in this country

Saying that no church built it's university for profit making is a lie. It's either you are ignorant, or you just want to lie. Ask those who have been there. I'll rest my case on this point. Make we no too talk am cool

Now, you say the church doesn't have the mandate to build industries. Fine. I agree. So how did they get the mandate to build schools?
Note that I'm not against churches building universities . I'm just against the fact that every church now builds it's own universities. Our purpose of getting education is to have a positive impact in the society, while we make a living. There is no platform for us to make a living. There are no jobs, and no structures on ground to create one. Instead of using this loophole to impact godly principles into people, we still create more problems

Look at Nigeria. Every state has its own university, polytechnic and other tertiary institutions. Coupled with the ones of the Federal government and you still see sense in adding more.

Talking about godly principles, what class of Nigerians are they targeting? The rich or the poor? Because a middle class Nigerian will not find paying 500k a semester easy, not to talk of the poor.

Be it known to thee that there are other super mega churches outside Nigeria and Africa. If the aim was to impact godly principles, they should have littered their countries with universities too.

[/b]

You keep saying churches are not building industries, creating jobs for the poor, etc.

Do you know how many people are employed because the universities are created? Do you know that trade improves in a campus area? Many people have been employed directly and indirectly by the universities. And to say that we have enough universities, wow! That's amazing. Go and check how many unversities many oof the European and Carribean countries have. Most of them have over 1,000 universities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Michael Okpara University (MOUAU) 2014/2015 postume form on sale / UNN Exam Question After 8 Months Of ASUU Strike (Pictured) / Noble Eyisi Graduates With 1st Class In The UK After Suspension From UNIZIK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.