Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,950 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities (54783 Views)

Your Education Policy Wicked, Against Nigerian Youth - ASUU Slams Buhari / Racial Bias Against Nigerian Causes Protest At Yale University. / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by kennypoka2(m): 11:10am On May 27, 2018
gregyboy:

Something i dont get from peeps like you is comparing nigeria with other country even in terms of wrong doings ...so because almost part of the world churches own universities with high titution so ure now saying is normally to follow it...never forget two wrongs never make a right...nigeria is worse in every sector and within ourselves we promote corruption setback. like ure doing now...if the world are following that part so nigeria shld go along with it same way...hypocrite that ure ..i bet if they make you a pastor u would be the type that would pray for ebola patient afar instead finding cure...

Thank you bro
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by nowpresence(f): 11:10am On May 27, 2018
kennypoka2:

So your point is if other religion are doing it, Christian can too.. Your kinds are dullards. Sorry �
doing what exactly?
if you want to preach, preach to everyone, why exclude. What are you scared of.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 11:12am On May 27, 2018
princfred:
So if the churches use peoples money to upgrade the existing universities will they faint? Then those jet money can build orphanages, Rehabs, hospitals nationwide that will benefit those who contributed to it better.
My business is not with any jet money. That is between the pastor and his God. I haven't said anything about my own church that gives free food, clothes, and health care to the needy. Because that is not the scope of this matter.
So the church should basically be helping the FG right. The same FG that cannot account for much of the money allocated to universities. The church should give them more space for embezzlement
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by frubben(m): 11:12am On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

Are you saying Africa is the only place where you see churches running universities?
Try making a search for once, and while at it, check the school fees they charge.
MODIFIED:
That said, I don't really have a problem with his swipe at church funded universities. He, like many other Nigerians simply doesn't know what it costs to run a university.
guy seriously, they build uni to impact not for profit. seriously who are you.

Am suspecting you either adeboye's son or oyedepo. cos you point are all falacy
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by kennypoka2(m): 11:13am On May 27, 2018
jbtobsyn:

Sir leave them alone.Most of them are unreasonable fellow without solutions to stuff they blame people on
*I WANT YOU PEOPLE CRITICISING THE CHURCH TO BRING A PROPOSAL ON HOW CHURCH CAN MAKE TUITION FREE SINCE YOU ARE THE KNOW ALL*
If they can't make it free, let them shut it down... Why should we give them ideas on how to make it free?? If they follow their bible truly, they would have thought of how to make it free in the first place... All they do is follow the other church... Since reedeem have university, winners should have also.. Did God tell them to build universities that are too expensive for the poor to attend?

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Westbestside: 11:13am On May 27, 2018
Junior66:

As an educated person you should know that the missionary schools were not free in the sense you are making it. Those schools were paid for by the mother churches of the missionaries abroad. Oyibo people paid for us to be given free education so it was not free.
Just listen to yourself and ask yourself if you make sense.

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 11:13am On May 27, 2018
kennypoka2:

I ask again, what are your questions?? undecided
Look at the previous posts.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by zayyadoski(m): 11:13am On May 27, 2018
are you following the world or what Christianity teaches?
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by loswhite(m): 11:13am On May 27, 2018
Junior66:

As an educated person you should know that the missionary schools were not free in the sense you are making it. Those schools were paid for by the mother churches of the missionaries abroad. Oyibo people paid for us to be given free education so it was not free.
lol...oyibo ppl made sacrifice and paid for black ppl to be given free education...now black ppl cannot pay for black ppl to get less expensive education...smh

2 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by felony101(m): 11:13am On May 27, 2018
I pity Nigerians ignorance clouds majority our brains... Y build a school from church proceeds in which a common n middle class mans tithe is and raise d standards to DAT of the high class.. Tomorrow we focus on the Muslims those peeps have love for themselves even if mosque builds an Islamic school a poot man can afford it n have access yet I go to church pay all I'm asked to pay n give den send my child to fed uni.. Hypocrisy will kill us in dis country... Falz sing it again n again.. The person wey post this thread I should go to church... It cos u have n android phone n can afford data abi... U donno how pipu are suffering.

2 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by worlexy(m): 11:14am On May 27, 2018
Inricash:
You guys are typing out of ignorance...

Fahlz said the bitter truth without any sugar coating...

You mention cost of running a University as maybe a profit making venture not as a missionary..

Those missionaries that came to preach the gospel had several secondary school they ran for free, which one is your church running for free? And in your comparison to Government, ask yourself if the government is not also struggling to fund Secondary or even primary schools....

How do you even Justify fees in excess of a million or two in a bid to Justify the Church...
Why dont you apply as a lecturer or a non academic staff in any of those missionary schools and tell them that you don't want to be paid, you want to work for free because it's a missionary school and you want the poor to be able to afford it. U know the number of employees those universities pay per month, where do you expect them to get the money from?
You're comparing missionary primary and secondary schools with universities. How many students were admitted into the primary and secondary schools that time? And how many staff were they paying and how much was their salaries? Get answers to those questions and you will understand why church universities can't be free or cheap

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by ogakizito(m): 11:14am On May 27, 2018
izzou:
grin

[b]First of all, I do not support Falz in anyway. So don't quote me if you don't understand my points. Thank you.

My question is? What is the aim of building the University in the first place? Is it to provide quality education, or to make profit?

If it's to provide quality education, then who are the targets? The rich or the poor? Because I'm sure no poor man can afford a private university.

Take a look at this country. The churches have made a mockery of the whole education sector. Every church wants to have a university. And you want to tell me it's not for profits? undecided Even the church that will reign tomorrow are already looking for a parcel of land for their proposed university. Don't we have enough already?

Why can't these churches build industries? Why can't two or three of these churches come together and create wealth if not for anyone, at least for their members?

Instead, they create more and more divisions among themselves. This founder will boast to his students that his school is the best amongst others, and how God gave him the vision to revive the educational sector. Rubbish undecided

I need not type more so you don't think I actually support Falz. Falz should have just kept quiet. It would have been better[/b]

Thank you.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by princfred(m): 11:14am On May 27, 2018
loswhite:
Every body is talking about free education...lol. what is the relationship between expensive tuition and free education? Of does it mean when something is less expensive it is automatically free?
My question is[b] how was it possible for the missionaries to run standard secondary schools back in the days for free[/b]?
Simple. Because they were interested in that not on personal aggrandizement and humanitarian and not self centered.

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 11:14am On May 27, 2018
frubben:
guy seriously, they build uni to impact not for profit. seriously who are you.

Am suspecting you either adeboye's son or oyedepo. cos you point are all falacy
I think you misquoted. I didn't say anything about the reason they build universities.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by grandstar(m): 11:15am On May 27, 2018
izzou:
grin

[b]First of all, I do not support Falz in anyway. So don't quote me if you don't understand my points. Thank you.

My question is? What is the aim of building the University in the first place? Is it to provide quality education, or to make profit?

If it's to provide quality education, then who are the targets? The rich or the poor? Because I'm sure no poor man can afford a private university.

Take a look at this country. The churches have made a mockery of the whole education sector. Every church wants to have a university. And you want to tell me it's not for profits? undecided Even the church that will reign tomorrow are already looking for a parcel of land for their proposed university. Don't we have enough already?

Why can't these churches build industries? Why can't two or three of these churches come together and create wealth if not for anyone, at least for their members?

Instead, they create more and more divisions among themselves. This founder will boast to his students that his school is the best amongst others, and how God gave him the vision to revive the educational sector. Rubbish undecided

I need not type more so you don't think I actually support Falz. Falz should have just kept quiet. It would have been better[/b]

I don't support churches but can understand why they charge.

A lot of education is provided internally to those who have volunteered to work full time in the organization. The education however is targeted.

It is all to promote that Good News at the end.

Churches have no business building universities as I don't see how that has anything to do with furthering them religiously.

It is because the universities have no religious basis for existing, that is why students are charged. It is a public service at best and not a religious one
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by ogakizito(m): 11:15am On May 27, 2018
loswhite:
lol...oyibo ppl made sacrifice and paid for black ppl to be given free education...now black ppl cannot pay for black ppl to get less expensive education...smh

too much sense.
thank you

3 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by turhibdwhale(m): 11:15am On May 27, 2018
izzou:

[b]It may please you to know that I am a product of a private university(church owned) in this country

Saying that no church built it's university for profit making is a lie. It's either you are ignorant, or you just want to lie. Ask those who have been there. I'll rest my case on this point. Make we no too talk am cool

Now, you say the church doesn't have the mandate to build industries. Fine. I agree. So how did they get the mandate to build schools?
Note that I'm not against churches building universities . I'm just against the fact that every church now builds it's own universities. Our purpose of getting education is to have a positive impact in the society, while we make a living. There is no platform for us to make a living. There are no jobs, and no structures on ground to create one. Instead of using this loophole to impact godly principles into people, we still create more problems

Look at Nigeria. Every state has its own university, polytechnic and other tertiary institutions. Coupled with the ones of the Federal government and you still see sense in adding more.

Talking about godly principles, what class of Nigerians are they targeting? The rich or the poor? Because a middle class Nigerian will not find paying 500k a semester easy, not to talk of the poor.

Be it known to thee that there are other super mega churches outside Nigeria and Africa. If the aim was to impact godly principles, they should have littered their countries with universities too.

[/b]
God bless you.
You just spoke my mind
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by goldtube(m): 11:15am On May 27, 2018
kukuma no build na..... something a common man can't afford, WHAT'S THE SOLE AIM OF BUILDING A UNIVERSITY.. is it only the rich that you want raise in a Godly way... na money dem de find jor
if falz voice ... AND HIS PRIVATE JET IS ABOUT TO LAND

2 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by LastSurvivor11: 11:15am On May 27, 2018
jonesoibe:
I least expected this from falz. undecided�[b][/b]
Leave the church alone and mind your music career.

I am a bona-fide Christian just in case but if the so called men of God cannot say the truth then Falz or anyone should. What do you even mean by leave the alone? I guess we should leave the mosque alone too..
Your type are the problem of Nigeria, you don't want us to talk about the exorbitant amount they charge but u will want us to talk about bad government.
Lemme ask you, the missionary that brought the church how much did they charge the schools they brought?
And do you think Jesus wouldn't have preached against it?
What is the essence of missionary school if the poor and down trodden can't afford it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by worlexy(m): 11:16am On May 27, 2018
delugajackson:
Falz is right. What's the need of establishing a university that even a common man cannot attend?

I see it as an outright extortion on the part of these churches. If the church in its entirety cannot serve the needs of its members justly, then perhaps they should re-consider their priorities.
Why dont you apply as a lecturer or a non academic staff in any of those missionary schools and tell them that you don't want to be paid, you want to work for free because it's a missionary school and you want the poor to be able to afford it. U know the number of employees those universities pay per month, where do you expect them to get the money from?

2 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Stallion93(m): 11:16am On May 27, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Raise relevant points and stop showing your wisdom level.
The moment u start a debate with an outright fool u begin to give him the attention he craves and u start an argument on a Foolish premise which would likely Infect your rational reasoning and like I said, foolishness is Toxic, So please depart from such Quagmire. I mean who needs to be told Churches and church owned schools in Nigeria are all in for the Money?? Is that smth to debate on actually??!
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by loswhite(m): 11:16am On May 27, 2018
demolagilbert:
i needed to quote you cos i see pple do this sort of comparison a lot, and it is economically wrong. You need to consider purchasing power parity btw countries. You need to consider first what is the avg annual earning of a low to middle class person in that cairo, or the us or the uk or whichever countries you wanna juxtapose figures with. Then you consider the purchasing power parity of your country Nigeria, where the avg annual earning of someone who makes 120k a month, would be just about 2500+ dollars a year. Now consider, how many ppl in Nigeria in 2018 currently make even this abysmal 120k per month. That is how it is done. You dont compare someone who is the us doing a shoddy menial job and making 10 dollars or more an hour to Nigerian some of who are making 10 dolllars for a whole day job, whilst in a bank, wearing a tie, and thinking he is a big boy. With a year of savings a student who has a good side job like a nursing assistant in the US can save 15000 dollars, and buy a venza. Heck my ex just did. And she isn t evn middle class yet. some Apartments in california or new york can charge in tens of thousands a month. So such comparison without considering purchasing power parity, is a faulty one
Thank u my brother these ppl are just blinded they will do anything to defend MOG

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Adefemiaderoju1: 11:16am On May 27, 2018
izzou:
grin

God will increase you more in wisdom, exactly what I used to tell people.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Inricash(m): 11:17am On May 27, 2018
Junior66:

Ofcos someone needed to pay for it? and in this case the Church...

And that's why they were referred to as missionary schools...

No profit making schools if I must state that as well...

Now that you are done educating me, can you now tell me if your church school is a non profit making school?
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by princfred(m): 11:18am On May 27, 2018
worlexy:
You're comparing missionary primary and secondary schools with universities. How many students were admitted into the primary and secondary schools that time? And how many staff were they paying and how much was their salaries? Get answers to those questions and you will understand why church universities can't be free or cheap
Those business centre schools are not missionary schools my friend. Stop deceiving yourself. Whites had real missionary schools and people didnt have to apply to lecture without salary for theirs to be tuition free.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by slydog(m): 11:18am On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

I don't even know what to say. It will shock you how people will still find fault in what you just typed.

Sha. ThisIsNigeria.

ThisIsNigeria bro, even people with no complete knowledge speak like they know it all

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by OluDare01(m): 11:18am On May 27, 2018
Nice write up but you need to see the way those that brought Christianity to us practice it, then you'd know that we've messed up the religion in Nigeria. Christianity in Naija has turned to a money making venture and the focus has shifted from salvation. Next time, do your research very well before posting because there are some Christian universities that give all their students scholarship.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 11:18am On May 27, 2018
gregyboy:

Something i dont get from peeps like you is comparing nigeria with other country even in terms of wrong doings ...so because almost part of the world churches own universities with high titution so ure now saying is normally to follow it...never forget two wrongs never make a right...nigeria is worse in every sector and within ourselves we promote corruption setback. like ure doing now...if the world are following that part so nigeria shld go along with it same way...hypocrite that ure ..i bet if they make you a pastor u would be the type that would pray for ebola patient afar instead finding cure...
Wow. You purposefully blinded yourself to the fact that they're always talking about missionaries and their free secondary schools. I'm simply asking, since those missionaries are the reason you think universities should be free, why couldn't they make their own universities free ehn or cheap?
I don't believe prayer solves problems. So there. Stop generalizing.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by kennypoka2(m): 11:18am On May 27, 2018
nowpresence:

doing what exactly?
if you want to preach, preach to everyone, why exclude. What are you scared of.
I don't get?? I countered his silly points of supporting stupidity based on "the criticism being one sided"..

Now, the falz video made mention of religious houses building schools that their members can't attend. He then asked, what's the point? We condemn every f*cking religion doing it.. Whether Islam or Christianity.. It's f*uvking wrong!!! And I'm not scared undecided undecided undecided
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by eyinjuege: 11:20am On May 27, 2018
Nothing good comes cheap.
The older church universities are giving value for money.
Because I pay a tithe of 5k as a poor man (60k) a year ( and that's been generous, cos most poor people may pay 1k as to tithe or less) doesn't mean my 4 children are entitled to get free education( worth 600k) per year.
Who will continue to sponsor the maintainance of the buildings and most importantly running costs such as salaries ?
Is it also right that the parents of these children will give free services to the church universities?
How many of the parents are ready to resign as professors, civil servants etc to come and work for free in these universities?
What some of the churches should do and I think most do it anyway is to offer scholarships to the deserving children of the very poor indigene members. Not to members who are a bit comfortable.
A lot of people will still want to be chosen for the scholarships too whether their parents are middle class or upper class cos we all love freebies.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by slydog(m): 11:20am On May 27, 2018
LastSurvivor11:

I am a bona-fide Christian just in case but if the so called men of God cannot say the truth then Falz or anyone should. What do you even mean by leave the alone? I guess we should leave the mosque alone too..
Your type are the problem of Nigeria, you don't want us to talk about the exorbitant amount they charge but u will want us to talk about bad government.
Lemme ask you, the missionary that brought the church how much did they charge the schools they brought?
And do you think Jesus wouldn't have preached against it?
What is the essence of missionary school if the poor and down trodden can't afford it.

Can we form our own church and then open it for the poor and down trodden? Can we plan this? So that we can make a difference?

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by kennypoka2(m): 11:20am On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

Look at the previous posts.
I'll be nice this once.. Please post them here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Michael Okpara University (MOUAU) 2014/2015 postume form on sale / UNN Exam Question After 8 Months Of ASUU Strike (Pictured) / Noble Eyisi Graduates With 1st Class In The UK After Suspension From UNIZIK

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.