Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,310 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years (6395 Views)

Zimbabwe’s Mugabe Shouts “we Are Not Gays!” During U.N. Speech / Understand The Israeli – Palestinian Apartheid In 11 Images / Zimbabwe's Mr. Ugly 2012 Reclaims Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Afam(m): 7:28am On Jun 03, 2010
@Beaf,

Good luck to you on this issue with MyJoe, I have learned to avoid certain discussions especially when the other person does not have respect for facts or logic. You will continue to dance around with him in circles without any end in sight.

Funny how the sanctions are interpreted by this man.

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Lwandle(m): 2:21pm On Jun 03, 2010
I was under the impression MyJoe was a reincarnation of TUDOR but with a lil more wit about him that is why I couldnt be bothered to profer any reply because usually whatever evidence or links one posts to back up his position would never be accepted. Western propaganda in the mind of an unthinking man is GOSPEL truth to him.
We have been taught to self hate for so long it comes naturally. If for over 10 years some people still believe everything that has befallen Zimbabwe is the fault of only 1 man who just happened to manage the economy magnificently the previous 20 years then its really pointless to lock horns and debate with them.

Today even as we speak the PARAGONS of virtue are talking about amending their ZDERIA to take into account our diamonds. They want to ban all diamonds mined by government from international markets and are using the Kimberley certification process as one way of achieving their evil schemes. This is whilst RIO TINTO mined diamonds valued at over US$1,3 Billion in the first quarter of this year but of course their diamonds are whiter then white since they benefit an Australian owned multi-national.
How can diamonds coming fromn the same country have two different classifications depending on who is mining and benefitting from them? BLOOD diamonds if mined by government and clean diamonds if mined by a multi-national?

Africans we really need to wake up and bloody quick.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Afam(m): 3:19pm On Jun 03, 2010
Lwandle:

We have been taught to self hate for so long it comes naturally. If for over 10 years some people still believe everything that has befallen Zimbabwe is the fault of only 1 man who just happened to manage the economy magnificently the previous 20 years then its really pointless to lock horns and debate with them.

Exactly why I refused to engage him in any form of debate because he has taken the lies and propaganda of the West as a religion itself so arguing with him is a complete waste of time unless one wants to periodically dismiss any of the reproduced lies and propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by 4Play(m): 10:23pm On Jun 03, 2010
Is this not the same Beaf and Afam who think the flotilla deaths were an outrage defending Robert Mugabe, the man who massacred thousands of innocents in Matabeleland? Because Mugabe has framed his desperate attempts to hang on to power in the mode of a war against western imperialism, these people have swallowed the kool aid like a bunch of suckers.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Mariory(m): 1:23am On Jun 04, 2010
4 Play:

Is this not the same Beaf and Afam who think the flotilla deaths were an outrage defending Robert Mugabe, the man who massacred thousands of innocents in Matabeleland? Because Mugabe has framed his desperate attempts to hang on to power in the mode of a war against western imperialism, these people have swallowed the kool aid like a bunch of suckers.

Funny isin't it? Oh how things quickly change when Israel is not involved. Doesn't seem to me like Mugabe used proportionate force. grin Doesn't seem to me like MEND use proportionate force. grin
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Beaf: 2:56am On Jun 04, 2010
4 Play:

Mariory:

Funny isin't it? Oh how things quickly change when Israel is not involved. Doesn't seem to me like Mugabe used proportionate force. grin Doesn't seem to me like MEND use proportionate force. grin

I find it so strange that people cannot differentiate between the Middle East and Africa. Why be so obsessed that you cannot separate topics? Its childish and desperate. cry
We are talking Africa here (our home) and some are talking Israel. Na wa! What a waste of time!
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Mariory(m): 6:26am On Jun 04, 2010
You should know hypocrisy is not topic dependant. Besides, the two topics were next to each other so it was hard not to point it out. smiley
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Beaf: 7:12am On Jun 04, 2010
Mariory:

You should know hypocrisy is not topic dependant. Besides, the two topics were next to each other so it was hard not to point it out. smiley

kai! So funny! Are you for real? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

So you saw a list of topics on the foreign affairs homepage, with one topic on Israel listed close to another on Zimbabwe and thats your reason to cross both completely separate topics? Wow! We learn everyday! Crazy!

Well, this topic has absolutely nothing to do with Israel. Do you have something to say about Zimbabwe's growing economy or not?
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Afam(m): 8:19am On Jun 04, 2010
4 Play:

So now that you have found it very difficult to defend any of your positions based on bias you have resorted to making childish comments that are irrelevant?

Well, I will address your concern and show that your thought process is flawed.

1. I address issues as they come, I have been specific on what I oppose and what I support based on the actions.

2. I have always opposed blanket condemnation and commendation and instead have supported blaming or praising someone or a nation based on specific deeds or misdeeds.

I have never defended Mugabe for killing anyone but have always supported him for not bowing to pressures and blackmails from the West and in fact hope to see other African leaders tow this path.

I have criticized Israel's killing of innocent people and use of disproportionate force while recognizing its right to defend itself based on the condition that such right does not give them the power to kill unarmed and innocent people.

These are my positions and have always been.

I can never see life the way you do because of your baseless blanket condemnation or commendation regardless of the facts on ground.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Tudor6(f): 9:46am On Jun 04, 2010
4 Play:

Do you mind those two blockheads? beaf is just plain retarded but as for afam, the mofo's criteria for a great leader is your ability to hate America. . . . .can you imagine the fool thinks Abacha is the best leader Nigeria ever had?
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Tudor6(f): 9:51am On Jun 04, 2010
Lwandle:

I was under the impression MyJoe was a reincarnation of TUDOR but with a lil more wit about him that is why I couldnt be bothered to profer any reply because usually whatever evidence or links one posts to back up his position would never be accepted. Western propaganda in the mind of an unthinking man is GOSPEL truth to him.

Today even as we speak the PARAGONS of virtue are talking about amending their ZDERIA to take into account our diamonds. They want to ban all diamonds mined by government from international markets and are using the Kimberley certification process as one way of achieving their evil schemes. This is whilst RIO TINTO mined diamonds valued at over US$1,3 Billion in the first quarter of this year but of course their diamonds are whiter then white since they benefit an Australian owned multi-national.
How can diamonds coming fromn the same country have two different classifications depending on who is mining and benefitting from them? BLOOD diamonds if mined by government and clean diamonds if mined by a multi-national?

Africans we really need to wake up and bloody quick.
I see this fake zimbabwean is still here propagating the zanu-pf propaganda. keep deceiving yourself. . . . my only joy is that with each passing day, the death of that tyrant mugabe draws closer. . . .its only a matter of time before the people of zimbabwe are free from that basterd.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Beaf: 11:29am On Jun 04, 2010
Tudór:

Do you mind those two blockheads? beaf is just plain retarded but as for afam, the mofo's criteria for a great leader is your ability to hate America. . . . .can you imagine the fool thinks Abacha is the best leader Nigeria ever had?

==Ignores a fool==
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Beaf: 11:31am On Jun 04, 2010
Tudór:

I see this fake zimbabwean is still here propagating the zanu-pf propaganda. keep deceiving yourself. . . . my only joy is that with each passing day, the death of that tyrant mugabe draws closer. . . .its only a matter of time before the people of zimbabwe are free from that basterd.

So does yours! Nobody lives forever, we are all mortal!

God, I have a headache!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by MyJoe: 12:03pm On Jun 04, 2010
Beaf is as clueless as his pal, Afam (who blows hot air about facts and logic without presenting ONE or refuting ONE and who unwittingly questions an interpretation given by his own pal) hence he is chasing red herrings like “food basket”, “dropping names” (as if any name was mentioned out of context) and all that. Who ever said Tsvangirai has any power? And which is it: "Zimbabwe has never stopped exporting food" or "Zimbabwe was stopped from IMF/World/West/whoever from trading"? Anyway, this has gone on enough. I only got angry and replied Afam the way I did because he is often a reasonable man in other matters and so there is no way I could have overlooked his asinine quip that I hold the fort for Downing Street and the other statements he probably picks up from the mouth Mugabe and touts around without a clue what is talking about.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by MyJoe: 12:15pm On Jun 04, 2010
@Lwandle

You are either brainwashed or you are one of the beneficiaries of Mugabe's misrule. In fact, you remind me of the Zanu-PF Women’s Wing who carry on like Boxer in Animal Farm – Four Legs Good, Two Legs Bad. Black Man Good, White Man Bad. That is why you and Afam throw accusations around carelessly. Did any of you see where I spoke in support of the West or the IMF in this thread? No. But then anyone who says anything uncomplimentary about Mugabe and his coarse methods must work for Downing Street and is a product of Western propaganda. These bland remarks made by the lot of you is just the usual tactic. I recall that your Zanu-PF newspapers accused President Obasanjo of same when he only urged caution on the part of Mugabe when the man was in the early stages of trying to destroy country and self.

And what do you mean one person? Maybe you can supply the names of the others who are responsible for Zimbabwe’s crisis apart from Mugabe’s venal cronies in Zanu-PF and those who refuse to acknowledge the truth like you yourself? Do you or anyone here deny the FACTS of the timing of the farm invasions and that they were ordered by Mugabe? Do you deny the fact that that was, at least, the beginning of the problem and not IMF/World Bank conspiracy theories that Afam would have us swallow, only to concoct lies about “wasting time” and “propaganda” and turn them into walls to hide behind to avoid substantiating his claims?
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Afam(m): 1:27pm On Jun 04, 2010
MyJoe:

Beaf is as clueless as his pal, Afam (who blows hot air about facts and logic without presenting ONE or refuting ONE and who unwittingly questions an interpretation given by his own pal) hence he is chasing red herrings like “food basket”, “dropping names” (as if any name was mentioned out of context) and all that. Who ever said Tsvangirai has any power? And which is it: "Zimbabwe has never stopped exporting food" or "Zimbabwe was stopped from IMF/World/West/whoever from trading"? Anyway, this has gone on enough. I only got angry and replied Afam the way I did because he is often a reasonable man in other matters and so there is no way I could have overlooked his asinine quip that I hold the fort for Downing Street and the other statements he probably picks up from the mouth Mugabe and touts around without a clue what is talking about.

You are sounding like a child who thinks that 1 + 1 is 13 and brags about it even when the answer is 2. Your ignorance knows no bounds whatsoever. I will not be the person to provide any thing to prove you wrong, I am happy the way you are writing rubbish all in the name of having a debate.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Beaf: 2:24pm On Jun 04, 2010
MyJoe:

So you are small enough to get personal? Pity.
It seems you are really smarting from being shown up as not knowing the meaning of the term "food basket". No bigies, Charlie just dust your arse and learn. You didn't even know that there were very unpleasant financial sanctions on Zim either. Pity.
Arguments are won by self application and not religiously mouthing rote and other peoples propaganda.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by MyJoe: 3:48pm On Jun 04, 2010
Afam:

You are sounding like a child who thinks that 1 + 1 is 13 and brags about it even when the answer is 2. Your ignorance knows no bounds whatsoever. I will not be the person to provide any thing to prove you wrong, I am happy the way you are writing rubbish all in the name of having a debate.
It suits you to continue vacuously labeling what others write as "ignorant" and "rubbish" since you are clueless and have nothing to say. Anybody can throw words around, but it is another thing to say anything of substance. Nobody asked you for a debate; you were only asked to substantiate your wild claims. What your friend writes is not worth replying and I already explained why it was necessary to respond to you.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Beaf: 4:31pm On Jun 04, 2010
MyJoe:

It suits you to continue vacuously labeling what others write as "ignorant" and "rubbish" since you are clueless and have nothing to say. Anybody can throw words around, but it is another thing to say anything of substance. Nobody asked you for a debate; you were only asked to substantiate your wild claims. What your friend writes is not worth replying and I already explained why it was necessary to respond to you.

Hmmmmmm! Is it just because I told you to "dust your arse and learn" that you have flown off the hook so badly?
If what you were passionately claiming wasn't "ignorant" and "rubbish" would you have invented the false claim that I have labelled your words as such? Why lie?

For some strange reason, you seem to think that the pile of abuse you left was "asking me to substantiate claims". Lord have mercy! shocked
Abeg, go and dust your arse and learn, instead of firing impotent shots.

. . .Reminder; the topic is Zimbabwe's economy is improving. For goodness sake, even the US state dept has reported it, so why should that choke you?
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by MyJoe: 4:37pm On Jun 04, 2010
^^^ Sorry about my misquote. I have corrected it.  I was responding to Afam and had no intention of responding to your post. I think the mistake should have been obvious from what I wrote, but you had to jump gleefully at it!
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Beaf: 4:41pm On Jun 04, 2010
MyJoe:

^^^ Sorry about my misquote. I have corrected it. I was responding to Afam and had no intention of responding to your post. I think the mistake should have been obvious from what I wrote, but you had to jump on it!

Accepted.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Afam(m): 4:43pm On Jun 04, 2010
Beaf:

Hmmmmmm! Is it just because I told you to "dust your arse and learn" that you have flown off the hook so badly?
If what you were passionately claiming wasn't "ignorant" and "rubbish" would you have invented the false claim that I have labelled your words as such? Why lie?

For some strange reason, you seem to think that the pile of abuse you left was "asking me to substantiate claims". Lord have mercy! shocked
Abeg, go and dust your arse and learn, instead of firing impotent shots.

. . .Reminder; the topic is Zimbabwe's economy is improving. For goodness sake, even the US state dept has reported it, so why should that choke you?

You dey mind the guy? When I refuse to engage someone on this forum based on gross ignorance some people think I am being mean.

He does not even know anything about the roles of the IMF and World bank in the Zimbabwean economic problem and yet expects me to debate issues with him. I dey craze?
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by MyJoe: 4:47pm On Jun 04, 2010
Afam:

You dey mind the guy? When I refuse to engage someone on this forum based on gross ignorance some people think I am being mean.

He does not even know anything about the roles of the IMF and World bank in the Zimbabwean economic problem and yet expects me to debate issues with him. I dey craze?
I think not - I won't even insinuate it. I think you just enjoy deluding yourself.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Afam(m): 4:50pm On Jun 04, 2010
MyJoe:

I think not - I won't even insinuate it. I think you just enjoy deluding yourself.

Very soon your case will be like those on this thread - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-454471.608.html

Then shame will follow, well dat na if you get shame at all sha.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by MyJoe: 4:53pm On Jun 04, 2010
^^^Suits you. Go on deluding yourself and pretending you had anything to say.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by igboitalo: 7:58pm On Jun 05, 2010
MyJoe:

^^^Suits you. Go on deluding yourself and pretending you had anything to say.
people like you are our problem in africa ask your self isn't this the same mugabe they rolled out the red carpet when he was killing his people when he started fighting for his people suddenly his a dictator. my joe u are a real example of a house nigga.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Afam(m): 1:46am On Jun 06, 2010
igboitalo:

people like you are our problem in africa ask your self isn't this the same mugabe they rolled out the red carpet when he was killing his people when he started fighting for his people suddenly his a dictator. my joe u are a real example of a house nigga.

Tell him abeg.

However, I enjoy seeing adults display their foolishness openly than attempting to correct them.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Tudor6(f): 5:50am On Jun 06, 2010
igboitalo:

And people like Mugabe who according to you ''KILLED HIS PEOPLE'' are champions of Africa and great african statesmen?

Jeez. . . .people are indeed daft. Sorry about Afam, we knew how dense he was long ago.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by igboitalo: 7:51am On Jun 06, 2010
Tudór:

And people like Mugabe who according to you ''KILLED HIS PEOPLE'' are champions of Africa and great african statesmen?

Jeez. . . .people are indeed daft. Sorry about Afam, we knew how dense he was long ago.
saddam was okay when he followed orders when he refused to do so anymore he became a dictator, gaddafi was a terrorist when he opposed them when he gave them contracts he became a friend undecided mobuto was thier friend, babangida thier friend and mubarak also wonderful democratic people grin when will we open our eyes they west will do things that favour them only and again i must say it again, daft people like u are our problem in africa
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Tudor6(f): 10:03am On Jun 06, 2010
igboitalo:

saddam was okay when he followed orders when he refused to do so anymore he became a dictator, gaddafi was a terrorist when he opposed them when he gave them contracts he became a friend undecided mobuto was thier friend, babangida thier friend and mubarak also wonderful democratic people grin when will we open our eyes they west will do things that favour them only and again i must say it again, daft people like u are our problem in africa

And i repeat, people like Mugabe who according to YOU [size=30pt]KILL THIER PEOPLE[/size] are great statesmen and ''the solution'' for africa?. . . . . You are most certainly an IDIOT.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by igboitalo: 10:13am On Jun 06, 2010
Tudór:

And i repeat, people like Mugabe who according to YOU [size=30pt]KILL THIER PEOPLE[/size] are great statesmen and ''the solution'' for africa?. . . . . You are most certainly an IDIOT.
yes mugabe was a tyrant but ha has change his ways and now he his fighing for his people not against them [b][/b]bloody house negros like you r mad that he was able to grow the economy without the help of your white masters, what is fair is fair one percent of the population should not control all the land.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by igboitalo: 10:40am On Jun 06, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy / American Dual-citizenship Rules / STOP Watching CNN See Trump's Campaign Vs Biden (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.