Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,154 members, 7,829,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years (6384 Views)

Zimbabwe’s Mugabe Shouts “we Are Not Gays!” During U.N. Speech / Understand The Israeli – Palestinian Apartheid In 11 Images / Zimbabwe's Mr. Ugly 2012 Reclaims Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Beaf: 5:11pm On Jun 17, 2010
RSA:

Things are going back to normal,I consider it the 10th province of South Africa.I have been going there twice a year for the last 4 years and things have dramatically changed.Food is cheap compare to SA(don't know why since all their food comes from SA),their meat is the best grin.
I don't know who is responsible but I happy for the changes.

Abeg tell them jare! Especially that blockhead called paddy_lo. Even the IMF agree's Zimbabwe is growing so I don't see how any sensible person can argue otherwise.
The greatest decease of the miseducated African is the ability to recite the BBC and worship those who slap them down. There is something about slavery that makes the slaves flog themselves harder than their masters ever would.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Lwandle(m): 1:44pm On Jun 25, 2010
Beaf:

Abeg tell them jare! Especially that blockhead called paddy_lo. Even the IMF agree's Zimbabwe is growing so I don't see how any sensible person can argue otherwise.
The greatest decease of the miseducated African is the ability to recite the BBC and worship those who slap them down. There is something about slavery that makes the slaves flog themselves harder than their masters ever would.

BEAF some of our brothers cannot fathom how anything successful can come from a blackman! In their eyes only the white man can do anything progressive and positive!
They have been totally and utterly brainwashed they wouldnt dare critically analyse anything a whiteman tells them, they just take it as fact!
PITY AFRICA!!!
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Nobody: 4:37am On Jun 27, 2010
@Beaf, Afam ,Lwandle, igboitalo, RSA
I am 100% with you on Mugabe.
To me he is a hero - a strong African leader with courage to defy the West is very rare.

However please stop personal attacks against Tudor, she is a lady and  it is not nice to say disrespectful things about our ladies, they need to be addressed with respect even if we disagree with them.

@Tudor, Myjoe, paddy-lo, 4-play,  kobojunkie you are clearly all misguided and seem to have been brainwashed by western propaganda and media.

It is clear that Zimbabweans themselves support Mugabe and his correct decisions to sieze their own land back from white farmers who stole them centuries ago. So what are you still arguing about?

We have people who are Zimbabweans or have lived in Zimbabwe trying to educate you and you people still have the arrogance to argue with them using the points fed to you by western propaganda media.

Given the choice of wealth and human diginity which would you choose?

It is easy to blame Mugabe, but if you were him, what would you have done differently? and exactly how did he mismanage the economy?

Viva the African hero Mugabe!!
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Beaf: 10:07pm On Jun 30, 2010
Lwandle:

BEAF some of our brothers cannot fathom how anything successful can come from a blackman! In their eyes only the white man can do anything progressive and positive!
They have been totally and utterly brainwashed they wouldnt dare critically analyse anything a whiteman tells them, they just take it as fact!
PITY AFRICA!!!

So true!
What some have is called Stockholm Syndrome. . .

In psychology, Stockholm syndrome is a term used to describe a paradoxical psychological phenomenon wherein hostages express adulation and have positive feelings towards their captors that appear irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims.[1][2] The FBI’s Hostage Barricade Database System shows that roughly 27% of victims show evidence of Stockholm syndrome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

They are on the wrong side of 27%. grin grin
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Beaf: 10:15pm On Jun 30, 2010
GenBuhari:

@Beaf, Afam ,Lwandle, igboitalo, RSA
I am 100% with you on Mugabe.
To me he is a hero - a strong African leader with courage to defy the West is very rare.

However please stop personal attacks against Tudor, she is a lady and it is not nice to say disrespectful things about our ladies, they need to be addressed with respect even if we disagree with them.

@Tudor, Myjoe, paddy-lo, 4-play, kobojunkie you are clearly all misguided and seem to have been brainwashed by western propaganda and media.

It is clear that Zimbabweans themselves support Mugabe and his correct decisions to sieze their own land back from white farmers who stole them centuries ago. So what are you still arguing about?

We have people who are Zimbabweans or have lived in Zimbabwe trying to educate you and you people still have the arrogance to argue with them using the points fed to you by western propaganda media.

Given the choice of wealth and human diginity which would you choose?

It is easy to blame Mugabe, but if you were him, what would you have done differently? and exactly how did he mismanage the economy?

Viva the African hero Mugabe!!

Another proud African! grin

. . .About Tudor, if you go back on the thread, you will find that I strenuously tried to avoid Tudor. I would rather not say rude things to him / her, but when people follow you around with gutter words, at some point something will give. . . Then they get a deft left right combination and a black eye. cool
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by adconline(m): 4:22am On Jul 02, 2010
Untill Supporters of Mugabe and Co tell us how much foreign aid they got last year from EU and the US. The point is that a loaf of bread cost billions to buy in Zimbabwe. This govt is on life support. RSA pays her bills and supplies her with electricity.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 02, 2010
what is your point?
My question to you is who do you support an African nationalist leader who fought for and won independence or the white former colonial powers who are trying to bring him down because they are unable to control an African country.

Anyway  we have to be aware that the likes of Tudor and co, who do support the whites may be white people or non -Africans  undecided

adconline:

Untill Supporters of Mugabe and Co tell us how much foreign aid they got last year from EU and the US. The point is that a loaf of bread cost billions to buy in Zimbabwe. This govt is on life support. RSA pays her bills and supplies her with electricity.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Tudor6(f): 11:29am On Jul 02, 2010
GenBuhari:

what is your point?
My question to you is who do you support an African nationalist leader who fought for an won independence or the white former colonial powers who are trying to bring him down because they are unable to control an african country.

Anyway we have to be aware that the likes of Tudor and co, who to support the whites may be white people or non -Africans  undecided

For how long will you pathetic people keep harping on independence that happened over 25 years ago??

So because Mugabe was a war hero, zimbabweans should be starved, murdered, suffer terrible health care, endure economic mismanagement and ruin and be oppressed for the rest of their lives by mugabe?

Is mugabe the only man capable of ruling in zimbabwe?? After over 20 years in power isnt it obvious the iidiot has nothing left to offer his people? What will make a man so desperate to rule for life if not greed, sociopathic tendency and tyranny??
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 02, 2010
Madam,
please answer one question for me, what nationality / ethinicity are you ?

Tudór:

For how long will you pathetic people keep harping on independence that happened over 25 years ago??

So because Mugabe was a war hero, zimbabweans should be starved, murdered, suffer terrible health care, endure economic mismanagement and ruin and be oppressed for the rest of their lives by mugabe?

Is mugabe the only man capable of ruling in zimbabwe?? After over 20 years in power isnt it obvious the iidiot has nothing left to offer his people? What will make a man so desperate to rule for life if not greed, sociopathic tendency and tyranny??
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Tudor6(f): 11:53am On Jul 02, 2010
Beaf:

. . .About Tudor, if you go back on the thread, you will find that I strenuously tried to avoid Tudor. I would rather not say rude things to him / her, but when people follow you around with gutter words, at some point something will give. . . Then they get a deft left right combination and a black eye. cool
Beaf:

Mumu, what sensible point have you made on this thread other than spreading hate and your racist views??
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Tudor6(f): 12:49pm On Jul 02, 2010
GenBuhari:

Madam,
please answer one question for me, what nationality / ethinicity are you ?

Dude, what does my nationality and ethnicity have to do with anything? Are you a racist like the moronic Afam and Beaf??
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2010
Madam,
Why not just humour me and let me know whether you are a black person?
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Lwandle(m): 4:05pm On Jul 02, 2010
adconline:

Zimbabwe has not received a penny in direct AID from the EU and the US only people within Zimbabwe who have received anything from those two so-called PARAGONS of virtue are MDC-T and a whole host of so-called NGOs!

As for SA paying our bills and giving Electricity I guess you had no idea they too have been labouring under electricity shortages just like the whole of SADC!

So pray tell what is your point??
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Lwandle(m): 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2010
Tudór:

My dear even America had to fight tooth and nail for its political and economic freedom from the British some 240years ago! They are where they are today because they took control of their own resources and charted their own destiny and built their country on the back of free slave labour! So why are you so much against lil old Zimbabwe doing the same albeit without enslaving anyone?

Why would little insignificant Zimbabwe be called a threat to the foreign policy of the WORLDS superpower economies? Have you ever thought about why so much attention is given on little old Zimbabwe and that Old man Mugabe?
What ever happened to thinking and analysing situations for yourself?
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Tudor6(f): 5:59pm On Jul 02, 2010
Lwandle:

My dear even America had to fight tooth and nail for its political and economic freedom from the British some 240years ago! They are where they are today because they took control of their own resources and charted their own destiny and built their country on the back of free slave labour! So why are you so much against lil old Zimbabwe doing the same albeit without enslaving anyone?

Why would little insignificant Zimbabwe be called a threat to the foreign policy of the WORLDS superpower economies? Have you ever thought about why so much attention is given on little old Zimbabwe and that Old man Mugabe?
What ever happened to thinking and analysing situations for yourself?
Shut up there!!

Even the America you are refrencing, when they got independence and founded their country which of the founding maintained a hold on power for over 25 odd years? Which of them ruined the economy through gross mismanagement and moronic policies and refused to step down? Which of the american founding fathers murdered his people like a tyrant? Which of them imprisoned opposition figures while harassing opposition supporters?? Which of them celebrated larvish birthday bashes while ordinary people starved on the streets

When will you empty barrels move forward rather than ridiculously harping on mugabe's heroics millions of years ago?
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Beaf: 10:25pm On Jul 02, 2010
GenBuhari:

Madam,
Why not just humour me and let me know whether you are a black person?

Tudór:

Mumu, what sensible point have you made on this thread other than spreading hate and your racist views??

@GenBuhari
Very strange comment, don't you think?
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Lwandle(m): 3:23pm On Jul 13, 2010
Tudór:

Shut up there!!

Even the America you are refrencing, when they got independence and founded their country which of the founding maintained a hold on power for over 25 odd years? Which of them ruined the economy through gross mismanagement and moronic policies and refused to step down? Which of the american founding fathers murdered his people like a tyrant? Which of them imprisoned opposition figures while harassing opposition supporters?? Which of them celebrated larvish birthday bashes while ordinary people starved on the streets

When will you empty barrels move forward rather than ridiculously harping on mugabe's heroics millions of years ago?

Zimbabwe holds elections every 5 years for Parliament and every 6 years for the presidency Tudor.
There are no term limits one can stand as many times as one wishes as long as they are endossed by their party or themselves if they are independents.
Mugabe wins all the time simply because the people vote for him, its not his fault that Tsvangirayi is not popular with the electorate though he is very popular with the west(who fortunately cannot vote)(.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On Jul 13, 2010
Lwandle:

Zimbabwe has not received a penny in direct AID from the EU and the US only people within Zimbabwe who have received anything from those two so-called PARAGONS of virtue are MDC-T and a whole host of so-called NGOs!
Did you read the above before pushing send? Money going to any country circulates and is likely to find it's way back to government. I don't think there is a way one can ensure it only goes to the prime minister and not the president.

Lwandle:
As for SA paying our bills and giving Electricity I guess you had no idea they too have been labouring under electricity shortages just like the whole of SADC!
But that does not mean SA is still not paying the bill for Zimbabwe? Nigeria has been suffering shortage for decades yet the same country supplied electricity to some of the neighbouring countries and probably still does.

Lwandle:
So pray tell what is your point??
What is your point?
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Lwandle(m): 12:11pm On Jul 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Did you read the above before pushing send? Money going to any country circulates and is likely to find it's way back to government. I don't think there is a way one can ensure it only goes to the prime minister and not the president.

But that does not mean SA is still not paying the bill for Zimbabwe? Nigeria has been suffering shortage for decades yet the same country supplied electricity to some of the neighbouring countries and probably still does.
What is your point?

1. There is a huge difference between money going into gvt coffers and money coming into pvt hands my dear! We have a unity gvt and not an MDC-T gvt! Giving money to MDC-T is tantamount to giving to a pvt party who can decide how they spend it without being accountable to gvt!

2. Fullfilling a contractual obligation is not the same as giving someone something for free! Zimbabwe does not receive free anything from SA in fact Zimbabwe is one of South Africas biggest African trading partner!
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by precap2(m): 5:24pm On Jul 15, 2010
Has anyone taken time to look at Zimbabwe's official inflation for the past 10 years? You will never come close to guessing Zim inflation even if you had to do it 1 million times.
While the rest of the world struggle to keep inflation below 5%, with Naija struggling to maintain a single digit, Zimbabwe official inflation for the pas 10 years has been within the neighborhood of 8000% (I mean eight thousand percent). Yes, that's what you read 8,000 percent. What do you call that under Mogabe? Progress? Well, well, well it could actually be called progress cos the numbers are increasing - progress has to do with increase.

Holla!
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Tudor6(f): 6:08pm On Jul 15, 2010
precap2:

Has anyone taken time to look at Zimbabwe's official inflation for the past 10 years? You will never come close to guessing Zim inflation even if you had to do it 1 million times.
While the rest of the world struggle to keep inflation below 5%, with Naija struggling to maintain a single digit, Zimbabwe official inflation for the pas 10 years has been within the neighborhood of 8000% (I mean eight thousand percent). Yes, that's what you read 8,000 percent. What do you call that under Mogabe? Progress? Well, well, well it could actually be called progress cos the numbers are increasing - progress has to do with increase.

Holla!
Ah, wait for them fools to come tell you its IMF and world bank colluding with CNN and BBC that are responsible.

Then wait for the ever moronic Afam and Beaf to come claim because the US borrowed the entire money in IMF and world bank and thats why mugabe is dumb.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by precap2(m): 8:09pm On Jul 15, 2010
yenks:

hi tudor
i want to meet you in private

How private? Ah but I notice both of you have (f) to your names,
grin grin grin Everything suppose happen sha.

Holla!
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Beaf: 12:00am On Jul 16, 2010
precap2:

Holla!

Its 5.3% in Zimbabwe.

http://www.xe.com/news/2010-07-15%2010:07:00.0/1276193.htm?c=1&t=
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-07-15/zimbabwe-s-annual-inflation-rate-fell-to-5-3-in-june-state-agency-says.html
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by precap2(m): 9:58am On Jul 16, 2010
Beaf:

Its 5.3% in Zimbabwe.

http://www.xe.com/news/2010-07-15%2010:07:00.0/1276193.htm?c=1&t=
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-07-15/zimbabwe-s-annual-inflation-rate-fell-to-5-3-in-june-state-agency-says.html

My good brother, I didn't want to do this but somehow you invited it.
Zimbabwe sells a roll of toilet paper for $145,750, it's sold for 69cents in Los Angeles and about N50 in Nigeria. What more do you want to hear?
Morgan Tsvangirai (or whatever his name) came in to join Mogabe in leading the country, then he started fiddling with inflation figures and bought it down from 231,150,888.87% in 2008 to the 5.3% you just posed above. How did he do that? He must be the magician that Naija needs or there is HUGE problem with his figures.
Don't forget that there are 3 kinds of lies, they are " Lies, Lies and Statistics". Even a Union as respected as UK is also known to fine-tune their economic figures.

Check out the real deal of Zim official figures before Tsvangirai embellishment:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimbabwean_dollar#Inflation
http://www.cato.org/zimbabwe

Don't forget that toilet paper prices went so high that people started using their monies to wipe instead of going for the papers grin

Holla!
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by RSA(m): 1:40pm On Jul 16, 2010
Zimbabwe will recover with or without Westerners.

Zimbabwe gets go-ahead to sell some diamonds
By ANGUS SHAW (AP) – 18 minutes ago
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5go389c2XyhmXenpmcVmLb0C9402gD9H04UPO0
HARARE, Zimbabwe — A new agreement allowing Zimbabwe to sell its controversial diamonds was met with caution Friday by rights groups who have documented violations and killings in the country's diamond mines.

Global Witness and Partnership Africa Canada said in a statement they welcome the agreement's condition that Zimbabwe make "measurable improvements" in its diamond-mining practices if it wants to sell more than the two batches allowed by Thursday's agreement.

But the rights groups called for more controls in the months ahead. They said the deal averted a crisis over international sales of Zimbabwean diamonds but the "biggest test" of the credibility of the agreement still lay ahead.

"The ball is now in Zimbabwe's court to make good on its promises and act to end one of the most egregious cases of diamond-related violence for many years," said Annie Dunnebacke of Global Witness.

A last-minute deal at a meeting of the Kimberley Process certification scheme in Russia authorized Zimbabwe to sell two batches of diamonds under strict monitoring and regulation through Sept. 1.

Dunnebacke said violations and disputes over Zimbabwe had battered the integrity of Kimberley certification scheme comprising 75 national, industry and lobby groups.

"Ultimately, the success or otherwise of this agreement will be determined by what the main players do next. We fervently hope that the governments in the Kimberley Process will, for their part, hold Zimbabwe to its commitments," she said.

Nadim Kara, of Partnership Africa Canada, described the agreement as "far from perfect."

"The crisis in Zimbabwe's diamond sector should act as a wake-up call to governments and the diamond industry , The system needs urgent and far-reaching reform at a time when consumers are demanding action on blood diamonds," Kara said.

Mining experts estimate that Zimbabwe's diamond fields, sealed off by police and troops in the districts of Marange and Chiadzwa near the eastern city of Mutare after a diamond rush began in 2006, are likely the biggest deposits found in Africa since the Kimberley fields were discovered in neighboring South Africa a century ago.

The mines ministry says it already has about $1.7 billion of diamonds in storage ready to be sold. Zimbabwe's total international debt is estimated at around $5.5 billion.

The mines ministry, controlled by President Robert Mugabe's party in the coalition with Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai, the former opposition leader, denies wrongdoing and accuses human rights groups of "peddling falsehoods" over rights violations and top level corruption by politicians and police and military chiefs.

Finance Minister Tendai Biti reported in a budget review statement Wednesday at least $30 million in recent diamond sales was known to have gone missing and did not end up in state coffers.

Criticism by Western nations and human rights groups deadlocked a Kimberley Process meeting in Israel last month that sought approval for the sales after a regional monitor of the control body reported Zimbabwe had met minimum international diamond mining standards.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Beaf: 6:33pm On Jul 16, 2010
precap2:

My good brother, I didn't want to do this but somehow you invited it.
Zimbabwe sells a roll of toilet paper for $145,750, it's sold for 69cents in Los Angeles and about N50 in Nigeria. What more do you want to hear?
Morgan Tsvangirai (or whatever his name) came in to join Mogabe in leading the country, then he started fiddling with inflation figures and bought it down from 231,150,888.87% in 2008 to the 5.3% you just posed above. How did he do that? He must be the magician that Naija needs or there is HUGE problem with his figures.
Don't forget that there are 3 kinds of lies, they are " Lies, Lies and Statistics". Even a Union as respected as UK is also known to fine-tune their economic figures.

Check out the real deal of Zim official figures before Tsvangirai embellishment:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimbabwean_dollar#Inflation
http://www.cato.org/zimbabwe

Don't forget that toilet paper prices went so high that people started using their monies to wipe instead of going for the papers grin

Holla!

Those figures are from the past, in a currency that does not exist anymore (more later).

Tsvangirai has nothing to do with Zimbabwe's economic figures, the "miracle" decision that has seen Zim's economy rapidly transform was taken before he was bought for a slice of govt action.
The Zim Dollar was being depressed and pressured by Western countries, so Zim decided to use the Western countries main currency instead, because they cannot attack their own currency, US Dollar. Really smart move! grin Since then, its been up and up! It is possible to face down colonial powers.

About comparing Zimbabwe and Nigeria, you'll be shocked to find that the Zimbabwean govt actually provides services that would shame us. Have you ever had a vehicle breakdown and called an emergency number in Nigeria and have someone (not criminals) turn up to fix it? In Zim you would. Have you seen Zims road network compared to ours? Or how much electricity they generate per capita compared to us? Please lets avoid comparing ourselves until we get our act together, I love my country and it gets really embarrassing the deeper you dig. embarassed

As I be wafarian, "Hala!"
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by precap2(m): 7:06pm On Jul 16, 2010
Beaf:

Those figures are from the past, in a currency that does not exist anymore (more later).

Tsvangirai has nothing to do with Zimbabwe's economic figures, the "miracle" decision that has seen Zim's economy rapidly transform was taken before he was bought for a slice of govt action.
The Zim Dollar was being depressed and pressured by Western countries, so Zim decided to use the Western countries main currency instead, because they cannot attack their own currency, US Dollar. Really smart move! grin Since then, its been up and up! It is possible to face down colonial powers.

About comparing Zimbabwe and Nigeria, you'll be shocked to find that the Zimbabwean govt actually provides services that would shame us. Have you ever had a vehicle breakdown and called an emergency number in Nigeria and have someone (not criminals) turn up to fix it? In Zim you would. Have you seen Zims road network compared to ours? Or how much electricity they generate per capita compared to us? Please lets avoid comparing ourselves until we get our act together, I love my country and it gets really embarrassing the deeper you dig. embarassed

As I be wafarian, "Hala!"

Abacha refused IMF and pegged $ at N82 and they couldn't devalue our currency. How then did Mugabe fail to peg his currency? If I understand international finance at all IMF and World bank can't devalue your currency for you, they can only suggest that you devalue to some extent accommodate your products or produce in the market. You take the final decision. And Mugabe who rejected them had inflation running into 9-digits. Interesting.
And about changing currency, is he going into modern day slavery?

Holla!
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Beaf: 8:20pm On Jul 16, 2010
precap2:

Abacha refused IMF and pegged $ at N82 and they couldn't devalue our currency. How then did Mugabe fail to peg his currency? If I understand international finance at all IMF and World bank can't devalue your currency for you, they can only suggest that you devalue to some extent accommodate your products or produce in the market. You take the final decision. And Mugabe who rejected them had inflation running into 9-digits. Interesting.
And about changing currency, is he going into modern day slavery?

Holla!

The value of any currency is tied to the value of trade, therefore if you cannot trade, your currency sinks and it wouldn't matter in the least if you tried to peg it (read the story on diamonds above, a couple of things are sure to catch the questioning). Nobody dumped Nigerian oil at the time our currency was pegged, so we made it through. There are many ways to cause a run on a currency eg the 1997 Asian crisis, when Asian currency after Asian currency turned worthless one after the other http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_Asian_Financial_Crisis.

If a stronger country attempts to run down your currency, your best defence is to go asymmetric and adopt their currency (especially if it is freely convertible); they will have to attack themselves to get you.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Lwandle(m): 12:45pm On Jul 20, 2010
BEAF you still trying to enlighten our brothers and sisters?

Some are beyond redemption so dont tax yourself lol.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 20, 2010
Tudor still has not answered my question about her ethinicity, I suspect she may be white.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by Beaf: 9:07pm On Jul 25, 2010
Lwandle:

BEAF you still trying to enlighten our brothers and sisters?

Some are beyond redemption so dont tax yourself lol.

It is tough, but you, me and other proud Africans have got to open their eyes, if even just a little at a time.
Re: Zimbabwe Grows For First Time In 11 Years by precap2(m): 9:13am On Jul 26, 2010
Beaf:

It is tough, but you, me and other proud Africans have got to open their eyes, if even just a little at a time.

Enlightening brothers like me would be easy if we could first enlighten brothers like Mugabe that government is not about being a hard man, but about running a good government or he should get out and let a better head do the job. He has stayed for too long and has nothing to show for it. Why can't he leave? Is he the only wise man in Zim?

Holla!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

STOP Watching CNN See Trump's Campaign Vs Biden (photos) / US States Shut-down For Hurricane Sandy / American Dual-citizenship Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.