Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,093 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:55 AM

N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After (37745 Views)

UGM Attack Onitsha, 5 Soldiers Killed In Bloody Attack / Maina Drags Reno Omokri To Court Over Corruption Allegations, Seeks N4bn / BREAKING: Saharareporters Floors Saraki @ Appeal Court, N4bn Judgement Overturnd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by Jaideyone(m): 7:57am On Jun 01, 2018
ikdaddy01:

The politics of our imports and water ways are beyond measure.
Prof okonjo saw a bit of it in the wharfs.
If it happens Lagos will to a great extent loose their IGR.
Up till now, all other sea ports in the SE and SS are none functional
the way you illiterates just jump into conclusion is baffling grin

same way you naive tribal bigots said Enugu airport will take most of the traffic from MMIA. 5yrs down the line and your Enugu airport is struggling to get 10% of the traffic Lagos is getting.

who told you the ports in the ss are not functional? are you blind? see this part of the write up

But, according to the Managing Director of Oktopo Logistics Limited, Mr. Samuel Elem, the facilities at river port in the city were wasting due to lack of patronage

how about this part
Also, Managing Director of Sceptre Consult, Mr Ayodele Jayeola, who said the port was strategic to Warri, Rivers and Onne ports, explained that importers were reluctant to move their cargo through the port because the river was not deep enough

and this part
However, he explained that insecurity along the river creeks and estuaries may have created fear in the minds of shippers.
According to him, “nobody would want to risk transporting his consignments where they would not be delivered safely. Everybody knows what has been happening in the Niger Delta areas. The means of conveying the cargoes to the port can be hijacked by thieves.

for a start pls stop blaming yorubas. we are tired of taking the blame even when you get hit by a parked car. leave us alone.

talk to your youths to stop hijacking containers and steal from the ports.

then encourage your business men to use the ports. stop blaming us!!! we are tired of your infantile rants!!! thank you!!!

6 Likes

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by mapet: 7:58am On Jun 01, 2018
Bolustical:

Blue3k2: :
But, according to the Managing Director of Oktopo Logistics Limited, Mr. Samuel Elem, the facilities at river port in the city were wasting due to lack of patronage.
Open up the ports in the east and see if Lagos will not be paralysed!!!

Soulsymbol99: Lagos will never allow dat. Cos if there is a port in onitsha, wot is an ibo businessman goin 2 look 4 in lagos. The Tinubu's of this world will never allow it,Make there IGR fall.

ikdaddy01: :
The politics of our imports and water ways are beyond measure.
Prof okonjo saw a bit of it in the wharfs.
If it happens Lagos will to a great extent loose their IGR.
Up till now, all other sea ports in the SE and SS are none functional

Now they have it but they prefer to die in Lagos ports

BTW, the LOW PATRONAGE is the fault of the ABOKIS & AFONJAS
These people are funny!!!

Bolu,

You know, at times I wonder the ease at which ignorant and uneducated suppositions become gospel for these guys. I would have expected that a report like this should elicit intelligent questions, to really understand and frame the problem with ports up country; alas! it is the same ole' lame and bigot-ridden arguments they make. Blame everybody else for their situation, yet not ready for honest engagement for solutions

2 Likes

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by LaudableXX: 8:05am On Jun 01, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
Oooh, before I forget, my Yoruba brothers, if you havent already saved the text of that news article please return to page 1 and do so.

I read it twice, there are many pressure issues and disclosures captured in that one report. You will need this as a stick to flogg yanminri at a time in future. Save it! cheesy

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by ashjay001(m): 8:11am On Jun 01, 2018
LaudableXX:

You are the undiscerning one. First, you quote a non-existent phrase which was not even in the original article. Next, you engage in lies in a bid to dodge and confuse people, about the real issue. Grow up.

Dem don ban ur other moniker, sharp sharp like that?

U apparently, suffer from limited knowledgeshocked Knock urself out
Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by mapet: 8:12am On Jun 01, 2018
Idrismusty97:

laudate: :
And to think that their brother Rotimi Amaechi, has been the Minister of Transport for the past 3 years. sad All the members of the House of Reps in Anambra, as well as SE senators from the zone, that should draw attention to the problem, are still on break, not so? shocked
Five years ago? Started during Jonathan tenure right? Just letting some people know.

In fairness, the issue is not who started it or who is yet to complete it. There are several pertinent issues that needs to be resolved before any sane shipping company will do business in Niger-Delta. Security for starters.....................(need I say more). Secondly, our water-ways and dredging challenges. I was in discussion with a NPA top executives. He explained to me that they are geographical challenges we are yet to take care of or compounding our problems at the moment. For example, ships have to meander through ox-bow lakes in some instances. Also that some state governors had built bridges over water channels circumventing approval from NIWA. They would have started construction before approaching NIWA in some cases. Some build bridges with less than the recommended span, hence ships cannot pass underneath. This will in-turn mean another channel has to be taken..........it's a whole load of mess I cannot type here

What I would rather the MoT do is to come out stating all these challenges and tell us how many years it would take to fix the mess. We are better off knowing that solution is 10yrs away than all these knee-jerk approach

2 Likes

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by Jaideyone(m): 8:35am On Jun 01, 2018
LZAA:

Another Bmc spewing lies
Lagos was d former national capital hence its development
Btw na only lagos dy SW sef
No wonder laudate is claiming SS grin
cc immhotep Roger3D DaBullIT justiceleague1
stop making a fool of yourself. we've all seen pictures of Lagos on the 40s and 50s here on nairaland long before it became the capital of Nigeria. Lagos was not the only capital before independence.

why is calabar, asaba (and even Ibadan and lokoja where lord luggard stayed and officiated from) not as developed as Lagos?

after almost 30yrs why is abuja still struggling to catch up with Lagos? why does Abuja still have less than 1/4 of the population of Lagos?

Lagos is what it is today primarily because of the commercial activities which started decades before amalgamation!!!
the Portuguese traded in Lagos and people came from far and wide to trade with them to buy guns and other items.

Lagos is also what it is today because of the effort of tinubu and successive governments. we all know how Lagos was left to rot by the country and how obj our own brother tried to starve the state of funds.

Lagos is also what it is today because of security of lives and goods to a good extent and the warm nature of south westerners.

are you blind? can't you see this part of the write up?

But, according to the Managing Director of Oktopo Logistics Limited, Mr. Samuel Elem, the facilities at river port in the city were wasting due to lack of patronage

and this

According to him, “nobody would want to risk transporting his consignments where they would not be delivered safely. Everybody knows what has been happening in the Niger Delta areas. The means of conveying the cargoes to the port can be hijacked by thieves.”

you encourage millitants to blow up pipelines and fight the government but the same millitants also rob your business men and kill them. yet you expect them not to run to a safer region for business?

secure your region and stop making excuses for the development Lagos is enjoying. if you secure your region your business men will use your ports and Lagos can have breathing space.

don't even tell me I don't know what i'm saying cos I'm in the pharmaceutical industry. I stayed in cross River and akwa ibom state 2014 to late 2015. I left because I was robbed, shot on the right side of my chest and left to die. I barely escaped with my life and I had to run back home in the southwest immediately I recovered. Armed robbery is a daily activity in those two states and I can attest to it.

tell your brothers to stop killing businesses with militancy and robbery and your region will get investors. will dangote not have preferred to put his refinery in delta, rivers or akwa ibom if he's sure his investment will be safe? but he moved it down here cos the region is not secure.

some south south and south east youths are still blaming Lagos for their lack of development when they've refused to address the issue of militancy and robberies.

before you say I'm lying attached is the picture of the scar on the right side of my chest from the robbery attack. even though I made good money there it's a warning to never venture to that side of the country for business again cos life is more precious.

7 Likes

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by DabuIIIT: 8:36am On Jun 01, 2018
LZAA:

Afonjic forming south south
Ur lies were exposed due to ur inability to conceal igbophobia grin grin
Cc immhotep iceberg3 pointzerom DaBullIT

who dash that bmc zmB SS,hes from benue.
Hes busy packing poo all over Sw cos he was promised Honorary Yoruba by coneheads.
I will show you. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by mapet: 8:41am On Jun 01, 2018
SuperS1Panther:

Na lie go kill these yeyenatu Osus and pigidiotic Ojukwus

You said more than this when Stealer Oduah was commissioning your Water Logged Intergalactic Airport at Enugu.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You no go keeeee pesin
Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by mapet: 8:42am On Jun 01, 2018
Blue3k2:
Anyone have any guesses when the four river ports will be ready. I'll guess 2019-2020 for Onitsha along with ICD. I doubt world world bank would waste their time. They'll be featured together back to back.

Im not sure how gazetting process works but I would think you gazette port after you get consessionsire to manage it. Its weird port inaugurated 2012 with no consessionsire or no gazzetting done. Anyway I'll email the NSC, NIMAS and FMoT ask why. Maybe they'll have an answer.

Ps: these threads get stupid fast but they're entertaining.

this to me is the pertinent question..........so that expectations can be properly managed.
Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by mapet: 8:43am On Jun 01, 2018
Abagworo:
The problem is simply insecurity of Niger Delta waterways and rejection by Ijaws of the attempted dredging of the river. There reason is that the environmental impact assessment suggested possible dry up of some rivers and overflow of others with negative impact on riverine communities.

This is the same thing my "intel" got.
Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by Jaideyone(m): 8:44am On Jun 01, 2018
j
Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by stanluiz(m): 8:47am On Jun 01, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

True Entrepreneurs are very resourceful, they will use a meagre 4b naira equipment to produce a 20bn market. Thats a 1:5 ratio.

Ibos have done this repeatedly in Lagos. Why cant you do it at home?
Ill tell you why....

Lack of an ennabling environment! Thats why.

The Lagos society today is what the Ibadan society of early 1900s was.

The Ibadan society of 1900s is what the Ilorin society of 1800s was.

There is lesson to be learnt. Ibos ignore history and precedence...rather than turn Onitsha into an ennabling economy, you continue to multiply abilities in Lagos, at the cost of developing your homeland.

We are not fooled....we can see through the facade and recognize Ohanaeze's demand for restructuring as a camouflage. What is there in Iboland for the citizens of Eastern region to return to? Absolutely nothing!

Ohanaeze is trapped, so is the general Ibo populace....but you continue to deny the obvious.

Now, Lagos, Ogun and Oyo had proposed at one point for Federal Government to hand over the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway over for them to manage. FG declined.

We have asked to be given our waterways, FG declined.

We believe we can do a better job than FG in the maintenance of our region and the public space.

On 4th Mainland Bridge....lets to the Ikoyi-Lekki Bridge first. Any bridge that transverse a waterway in Lagos must first get FG approval and right of way before it can be built. Ikoyi-Lekki Bridge construction went to court and dispute resolution before it was opened.

4th Mainland Bridge is suffering same fate.

Even if SE Governors were to build a bridge over Niger they must obtain prior approval from FG. So we are not blind to the restraints your governors face in SE. But they are not in the predicament alone. Yoruba face the same thing. The difference is..... this badge of Entrepreneurship that Ibo prides itself with is truly not a unique skill. If it was we should already have mega markets and industries in East. You have a streak of individual surge at opportunities presented in ennabling environment and you succeed at it. When the environment is withdrawn you are helpless and have no ingenuity to duplicate it to your favor.

If you put Yoruba in Onitsha they will create ennabling market overnight and sustain its growth. If you take Onitsha from them they will reproduce the market in a new environment.

Yoruba is the true Entrepreneur and genius of commerce. But heirarchy restrains our surge and we develop over time but sustained.
That your last two statement are pure lie and delusional.

Why can't you people replicate the same in abeokuta, Oshogbo and the rest instead of mining skulls and shouting owomida in the street of Lagos and selling agbo herbs and concoction. Is that the new definition of commerce and entrepreneur to you guy?

And lastly you people knows nothing about commerce and entrepreneur.
Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by aribisala0(m): 9:08am On Jun 01, 2018
The idea of a river port not just in Onitsha but anywhere in Nigeria is very funny.As if we do not know ourselves.

A sea or river port is not necessary to Economic prosperity.

Switzerland is totally landlocked. with a population on 8 million, it is smaller in Land Mass than the SE.
It has a higher GDP than Nigeria. With 8 million people compared to our millions yet they produce more and have no sea or river port.

What is required anywhere in Nigeria that wants to be an importation hub is a dry port which is is connected to the coast by rail.

The reality is all this argument iis just bad belle for Lagos dressed up in a new format.

A sizeable amount of imports in Lagos come from Benin Republic whether we are talking cars and vehicles or other goods.
How come the dry port in Kaduna has been completed and Onitsha is still making noise?

Ethipia is one of the best performing African economies.Like Switzerland it too is landlocked

4 Likes

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by MrGerald(m): 9:19am On Jun 01, 2018
Bolustical:

Open up the ports in the east and see if Lagos will not be paralysed!!!

Now they have it but they prefer to die in Lagos ports

BTW, the LOW PATRONAGE is the fault of the ABOKIS & AFONJAS
These people are funny!!!
Do what is right then and you'll see, of course river niger need to be drained, you don't know anything
Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by aribisala0(m): 9:43am On Jun 01, 2018
繼續。
校長
你一個人走在這裡嗎?

只要記住,不管你在做什麼。有一位上帝。有一位上帝
Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by Throwback: 9:54am On Jun 01, 2018
Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by DabuIIIT: 10:16am On Jun 01, 2018
Jaideyone:
stop making a fool of yourself. we've all seen pictures of Lagos on the 40s and 50s here on nairaland long before it became the capital of Nigeria. Lagos was not the only capital before independence.

why is calabar, asaba (and even Ibadan and lokoja where lord luggard stayed and officiated from) not as developed as Lagos?

after almost 30yrs why is abuja still struggling to catch up with Lagos? why does Abuja still have less than 1/4 of the population of Lagos?

Lagos is what it is today primarily because of the commercial activities which started decades before amalgamation!!!
the Portuguese traded in Lagos and people came from far and wide to trade with them to buy guns and other items.

Lagos is also what it is today because of the effort of tinubu and successive governments. we all know how Lagos was left to rot by the country and how obj our own brother tried to starve the state of funds.

Lagos is also what it is today because of security of lives and goods to a good extent and the warm nature of south westerners.

and this

you encourage millitants to blow up pipelines and fight the government but the same millitants also rob your business men and kill them. yet you expect them not to run to a safer region for business?

secure your region and stop making excuses for the development Lagos is enjoying. if you secure your region your business men will use your ports and Lagos can have breathing space.

don't even tell me I don't know what i'm saying cos I'm in the pharmaceutical industry. I stayed in cross River and akwa ibom state 2014 to late 2015. I left because I was robbed, shot on the right side of my chest and left to die. I barely escaped with my life and I had to run back home in the southwest immediately I recovered. Armed robbery is a daily activity in those two states and I can attest to it.

tell your brothers to stop killing businesses with militancy and robbery and your region will get investors. will dangote not have preferred to put his refinery in delta, rivers or akwa ibom if he's sure his investment will be safe? but he moved it down here cos the region is not secure.

some south south and south east youths are still blaming Lagos for their lack of development when they've refused to address the issue of militancy and robberies.

before you say I'm lying attached is the picture of the scar on the right side of my chest from the robbery attack. even though I made good money there it's a warning to never venture to that side of the country for business again cos life is more precious.

chai! Holy smoke! You were shot!
Are you sure your story wasnt featured on here? Thank God for you sha.

Anyway,this aint in support of crime buh the govt is largely to blame for militancy and criminality in the oil rich niger delta.

1 Like

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by LZAA: 10:55am On Jun 01, 2018
DabuIIIT:

who dash that bmc zmB SS,hes from benue.
Hes busy packing poo all over Sw cos he was promised Honorary Yoruba by coneheads.
I will show you. grin

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by LZAA: 10:57am On Jun 01, 2018
Jaideyone:

and this

Omo even ur own elders have complained of ports congestion ffs

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by Jaideyone(m): 11:24am On Jun 01, 2018
LZAA:

yes they have complained but the southwest can build as much 10 ports. there is one planned for badagry and the one for epe is already under construction. Ondo state has a coast line that can take at least two deep sea ports, ogun can build one or two too. don't address the security challenges in your region and be complaining Lagos and south west is taking everything grin when badagry and epe are completed and they start getting good traffic see if apapa won't be decongested grin your wailing has just started grin

modified sooner or later ijebu waterside in ogun will also get a sea port grin have you seen the kind of development going on in ogun state already? you will come here in 15-20yrs and tell us it's because ogun produced a president and a VP that the state is developed cheesy

3 Likes

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by LZAA: 11:30am On Jun 01, 2018
Jaideyone:
yes they have complained but the southwest can build as much 10 ports. there is one planned for badagry and the one for epe is already under construction. Ondo state has a coast line that can take at least two deep sea ports, ogun can build one or two too. don't address the security challenges in your region and be complaining Lagos and south west is taking everything grin when badagry and epe are completed and they start getting good traffic see if apapa won't be decongested grin your wailing has just started grin

modified sooner or later ijebu waterside in ogun will also get a sea port grin have you seen the kind of development going on in ogun state already? you will come here in 15-20yrs and tell us it's because ogun produced a president and a VP that the state is developed cheesy
Good good
Build it and stop worrying about biafra kikikiki grin
Cc DaBullIT immhotep weyreypey justiceleague1
Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by Jaideyone(m): 11:35am On Jun 01, 2018
DabuIIIT:

chai! Holy smoke! You were shot!
Are you sure your story wasnt featured on here? Thank God for you sha.

Anyway,this aint in support of crime buh the govt is largely to blame for militancy and criminality in the oil rich niger delta.
yes the government contributed mostly but the people and traditional rulers giving support to the militants should learn from tompolo and asaruli dokubo. these militants end up enriching themselves instead of bettering the lives of their people like they claim to do. while the foot soldiers later go into town and still rob the poor citizens and kill them. the situation of the ND is very complicated. the FG needs to develop the region to justify the crude we've gotten from them and Pacify the people. but massive reorientation is needed to end militancy cos even if they get good roads and hospitals they'll still want free money for the boys.
Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by Jaideyone(m): 11:40am On Jun 01, 2018
LZAA:

Good good
Build it and stop worrying about biafra kikikiki grin
Cc DaBullIT immhotep weyreypey justiceleague1
yes we will grin when Jonathan was there your people supported him blindly and he never thought of dredging the river for you? how about akpabio that budgeted for ibaka deep sea port over 5yrs and embezzled the money? grin

keep looking for outsiders to blame. your eye go soon clear. for your info the FG is not contributing 1naira to LEKKI seaport grin

keep wailing!!!

2 Likes

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:49am On Jun 01, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

True Entrepreneurs are very resourceful, they will use a meagre 4b naira equipment to produce a 20bn market. Thats a 1:5 ratio.

Ibos have done this repeatedly in Lagos. Why cant you do it at home?
Ill tell you why....

Lack of an ennabling environment! Thats why.

The Lagos society today is what the Ibadan society of early 1900s was.

The Ibadan society of 1900s is what the Ilorin society of 1800s was.

There is lesson to be learnt. Ibos ignore history and precedence...rather than turn Onitsha into an ennabling economy, you continue to multiply abilities in Lagos, at the cost of developing your homeland.

We are not fooled....we can see through the facade and recognize Ohanaeze's demand for restructuring as a camouflage. What is there in Iboland for the citizens of Eastern region to return to? Absolutely nothing!

Ohanaeze is trapped, so is the general Ibo populace....but you continue to deny the obvious.

Now, Lagos, Ogun and Oyo had proposed at one point for Federal Government to hand over the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway over for them to manage. FG declined.

We have asked to be given our waterways, FG declined.

We believe we can do a better job than FG in the maintenance of our region and the public space.

On 4th Mainland Bridge....lets to the Ikoyi-Lekki Bridge first. Any bridge that transverse a waterway in Lagos must first get FG approval and right of way before it can be built. Ikoyi-Lekki Bridge construction went to court and dispute resolution before it was opened.

4th Mainland Bridge is suffering same fate.

Even if SE Governors were to build a bridge over Niger they must obtain prior approval from FG. So we are not blind to the restraints your governors face in SE. But they are not in the predicament alone. Yoruba face the same thing. The difference is..... this badge of Entrepreneurship that Ibo prides itself with is truly not a unique skill. If it was we should already have mega markets and industries in East. You have a streak of individual surge at opportunities presented in ennabling environment and you succeed at it. When the environment is withdrawn you are helpless and have no ingenuity to duplicate it to your favor.

If you put Yoruba in Onitsha they will create ennabling market overnight and sustain its growth. If you take Onitsha from them they will reproduce the market in a new environment.

Yoruba is the true Entrepreneur and genius of commerce. But heirarchy restrains our surge and we develop over time but sustained.

An extensive list of self-delusions.
Forget about Lagos matter wey una go die on top and tell me the FG-scale projects other SW states are handling.

No, Lagos has no comparison to your "Ibadan society" or "Ilorin society" at any time in history. Its infrastructural base that has spurred its development and capital inflows is a product of 76 years as the national capital. Even Abuja that was a bush in the 80's is still 27 years old and look at it today. Stop deluding yourself.
Rather than turn Onitsha to an enabling economy? Why aren't you turning Ibadan, Oke-Ogun, Ile-Ife, Akure, Ado-Ekiti etc into enabling economies? Even Ogun that has won the lottery with residents and industries spilling over from the Lagos border, haven't kept up with delivering infrastructure. The road networks in the industrial towns are as big a mess as I've seen anywhere.

Lagos, Ogun and Oyo asked to manage Lagos-Ibadan expressway? Really. What has ever stopped any state in Nigeria from building Federal Roads? Absolutely nothing. The FG might squabble with your concessioning it, but they wouldn't stop you developing it. Many states in every region are owed money for maintenance of Federal Roads. And the FG will always compromise on projects they can't deliver. They can't stop Ikoyi Bridge. They're not stopping the Lekki Port. The won't stop another Lagos airport. They won't stop the state railway projects. I believe those claims are bull shiit. The obstactles to 4th Mainland bridge for decades have been collapsed agreements with the financiers and concessionaires. Has nothing to do with the FG.

When you say you believe you can maintain your region better, you mean Lagos. Let's not kid ourselves. You don't mean Ekiti. You don't mean Osun. You don't mean Ondo. You don't even mean the mighty Oyo. You mean Lagos.

1 Like

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by Perceptor(m): 11:58am On Jun 01, 2018
LZAA:

The ports in southwest will be congested but the ones in ur region will remain non-functional. They ar already providing solution to d congestion by building a other ports in same lagos and even ogun while u keep wailing and blaming fg for redundancy of ur ports. You can wail till eternity, southwest remains d chicken that lays d golden eggs for d country.

2 Likes

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by stanluiz(m): 11:58am On Jun 01, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

An extensive list of self-delusions.
Forget about Lagos matter wey una go die on top and tell me the FG-scale projects other SW states are handling.

No, Lagos has no comparison to your "Ibadan society" or "Ilorin society" at any time in history. Its infrastructural base that has spurred its development and capital inflows is a product of 76 years as the national capital. Even Abuja that was a bush in the 80's is still 27 years old and look at it today. Stop deluding yourself.
Rather than turn Onitsha to an enabling economy? Why aren't you turning Ibadan, Oke-Ogun, Ile-Ife, Akure, Ado-Ekiti etc into enabling economies? Even Ogun that has won the lottery with residents and industries spilling over from the Lagos border, haven't kept up with delivering infrastructure. The road networks in the industrial towns are as big a mess as I've seen anywhere.

Lagos, Ogun and Oyo asked to manage Lagos-Ibadan expressway? Really. What has ever stopped any state in Nigeria from building Federal Roads? Absolutely nothing. The FG might squabble with your concessioning it, but they wouldn't stop you developing it. Many states in every region are owed money for maintenance of Federal Roads. And the FG will always compromise on projects they can't deliver. They can't stop Ikoyi Bridge. They're not stopping the Lekki Port. The won't stop another Lagos airport. They won't stop the state railway projects. I believe those claims are bull shiit. The obstactles to 4th Mainland bridge for decades have been collapsed agreements with the financiers and concessionaires. Has nothing to do with the FG.

When you say you believe you can maintain your region better, you mean Lagos. Let's not kid ourselves. You don't mean Ekiti. You don't mean Osun. You don't mean Ondo. You don't even mean the mighty Oyo. You mean Lagos.
The tire me self.I used to ask them whether Lagos is the only state in the SW ? Anytime the SW is mentioned Lagos state come to their mind that why other SW States are backward and dilapidated because all of them concentrate only on Lagos.
Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:07pm On Jun 01, 2018
deomelo:

See how shallow and pathetic you think and rationalize basic facts?

To start with, I gave you a factual occurrence where another state/Lagos lobbied for and received FG infrastructures and I asked why your elected officials are not doing the same thing per this river port, but you childishly and unintelligently inserted Osun when in fact Osun state doesn't have such issues on the ground regarding FG projects in the same situation.

lol @ the joker misappropriating the word "deflection". Me deflecting means you asked me a question and I gyrated to Lagos as a comeback, but in you did not ask me any question that I deflected with Lagos. You reason upside down and like a sleepy child and your comebacks sound shallow and unintelligent.

If you are going to insert Osun into the conversation, there must be such issues transpiring on the ground in Osun so of what relevance was your ignorant and illogical reference to Osun? Where is the comparison other than the fact that Osun is your go-to default and lame side corner to excuse away your weak intellectual capacity to purvey sane and logical argument.

Have you sited the FG project in Osun state that they need to ask the FG to hand over? Be a grown man and name the FG facility in Osun that the people of Osun need to collect from the FG. If you can't and I know you can not, then STFU.

You even shifted to Ondo state as if they have such FG infrastructure issue on the ground in Ondo state.

You are far below pathetic, basement and elementary reasonings.

Osun villager still dying on top Lagos matter to prove his asinine points. Tell us what your competent Osun politicians in Abuja are doing since our incompetent politicians in Abuja are inactive back-benchers. Tell us the ports your coastal states have built. Tell us why "ordinary Lagos-Ibadan" expressway, you've been begging cap-in-hand for ages for the FG to intervene. Osun is not my "go-to default". I don't waste my time on juvenile, twisted obsessions like you. I mentioned Osun, cos its your village which you left to talk about Lagos.

Now, from saying Osun is my go-to default, he's rambling about my talking of Ondo.

We cannot dredge the River Niger which is still a shallow mess cos it's a huge project we don't have the money to fund. We cannot provide Naval security to protect the waterways. We do not control the ministry or department which is supposed to concession the port. Your analogies are profoundly stewpid.

1 Like

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by Perceptor(m): 12:14pm On Jun 01, 2018
stanluiz:
The tire me self.I used to ask them whether Lagos is the only state in the SW ? Anytime the SW is mentioned Lagos state come to their mind that why other SW States are backward and dilapidated because all of them concentrate only on Lagos.
No state lyk lagos you can boast of in d southeasy hence you jealousy. North can boast of Kano, southsouth can boast of PH. The anambra u used to shout about has been found to be another erosion ravaged, space deficient shithole. Why wont you be jealous of lagos

1 Like

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:19pm On Jun 01, 2018
Blue3k2:

When you asked about Ondo you should have mentioned the Igbokoda fishing terminal. Thats the only federal infrastructure the state could take over. I don't know if its bad shape like the one in Akwa Ibom though. It's relevant since it offers potential to tap in fish reserves and reduce dependance of fish imports.

The fishing terminals in Rivers and Akwa Ibom are being concessioned. Neither state has shown interest in take over these projects. In Akwa Iboms case its been urged by certain people but nobody in general cares about fish unless they hear avout illegal fishing or high imoorts.

Considering the yuuuge budgets of Rivers and Akwa Ibom, I'm puzzled why they wouldn't want to take over the facilities. It's not surprising Ondo wouldn't want to take over theirs. States struggling to stay afloat tend to show little interest in decaying Federal infrastructure. Though a fishing terminal shouldn't be that expensive to manage. A lot of it is a lack of vision to be honest.

1 Like

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by LZAA: 12:23pm On Jun 01, 2018
Jaideyone:
yes we will grin when Jonathan was there your people supported him blindly and he never thought of dredging the river for you? how about akpabio that budgeted for ibaka deep sea port over 5yrs and embezzled the money? grin

keep looking for outsiders to blame. your eye go soon clear. for your info the FG is not contributing 1naira to LEKKI seaport grin

keep wailing!!!
Wee u keep qwayet
Na igbo peeps dy run ur economy
Cc immhotep DaBullIT pointzerom iceberg3
Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by stanluiz(m): 12:25pm On Jun 01, 2018
Perceptor:

No state lyk lagos you can boast of in d southeasy hence you jealousy. North can boast of Kano, southsouth can boast of PH. The anambra u used to shout about has been found to be another erosion ravaged, space deficient shithole. Why wont you be jealous of lagos
Mumu imbe gerrrout of here.

Anambra is the indigenous industrial hub of Nigeria

Onitsha is the commercial engine in west Africa

Nnewi is the auto hub of Nigeria.

I am proud of anambra and its achievements so dude you know nothing so craw back to your hole.
Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by LZAA: 12:25pm On Jun 01, 2018
Perceptor:

The ports in southwest will be congested but the ones in ur region will remain non-functional. They ar already providing solution to d congestion by building a other ports in same lagos and even ogun while u keep wailing and blaming fg for redundancy of ur ports. You can wail till eternity, southwest remains d chicken that lays d golden eggs for d country.
Madness is when u shout our oyel for SS oil and still say SW lays the golden egg grin
Even ur elders are not that deluded
Cc immhotep iceberg3 DaBullIT pointzerom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Orji Uzor Kalu Wins Abia North Senate Seat - Daily Trust / 8-Month Old Baby Who Lost Her Arm In A Boko Haram Attack Pictured / Will Saraki Enjoy The Support Of Pdp Block In Senate Again??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.