Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,182 members, 7,860,247 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:18 AM

N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After (37748 Views)

UGM Attack Onitsha, 5 Soldiers Killed In Bloody Attack / Maina Drags Reno Omokri To Court Over Corruption Allegations, Seeks N4bn / BREAKING: Saharareporters Floors Saraki @ Appeal Court, N4bn Judgement Overturnd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by BabaRamota1980: 1:00am On Jun 01, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

You think vapidly uttering words like "logic" means you employ any. How the hell would you know what is being lobbied and what isn't? From your keyboard? You claimed South East senators are just bystanders in Abuja and then start waffling unsubstantiated rubbish when the only credible measure of legislative activity proves they're actually the most active legislators.

Why Lagos? Why not tell me how many Federal infrastructure your own state took over from the FG to manage? Also, why is all that long, beautiful coastline of Ondo lying fallow. Yours or their "competent" leaders didn't know how to "lobby", abi? Na ontop Lagos matter una go die. Villager claiming Lagos.

No wonder every legislative bill has been nothing but crap. Yanminri is sponsoring them.

3 Likes

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by BabaRamota1980: 1:04am On Jun 01, 2018
Oooh, before I forget, my Yoruba brothers, if you havent already saved the text of that news article please return to page 1 and do so.

I read it twice, there are many pressure issues and disclosures captured in that one report. You will need this as a stick to flogg yanminri at a time in future. Save it! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:07am On Jun 01, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
Now, this is what is adorable about Yanminri...here is opportunity to earn money on concessions, right at home....they abandoned it. Five years! Five years...and not a single omo ibo came forth to grab this opportunity.

But they are fuming and gnashing teeth that Lagos State took away their concession at TradeFair Complex.

These are just adorable people... grin

Oh, thank you, honey. I'm blushing... embarassed embarassed kiss kiss
The FG took away the Trade Fair Complex concession, not the Lagos State Government. And nowhere in the article were you told the port project has stalled because there were no bidding concessionaires.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:09am On Jun 01, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

No wonder every legislative bill has been nothing but crap. Yanminri is sponsoring them.

Didn't some Yoruba legislators align with Yerima to scupper a bill that was to outlaw child marriage? grin

5 Likes

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by BabaRamota1980: 2:46am On Jun 01, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Oh, thank you, honey. I'm blushing... embarassed embarassed kiss kiss
The FG took away the Trade Fair Complex concession, not the Lagos State Government. And nowhere in the article were you told the port project has stalled because there were no bidding concessionaires.

Yeah FG, thanks for correction.

Five years and it hasn't stalled....when is it going to stall?

They said the equipments are rusting. Of course! They are installed in warehouses sitting on the river bank. They should have periodic coating of paint to keep them corrossion-free. Now, after some time they are no longer usable and must be replaced.

There was a topic on What Igbo must do to renew itself. The greatest barrier to Igbo development is none other than the "we developed Lagos" crew. I can list ten pages of how they are dangerous to Igbo cause.

This rustic port facility and its 4bn infrastructural commitment is a good example.

Imagine the job prospects....
Imagine the value-added services...
Imagine the redistribution of wealth in local communities...
Imagine the upstream/downstream markets...
Imagine gainful employment displacing idleness and crime at local level...

Just imagine...

2 Likes

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by deomelo: 3:00am On Jun 01, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

I'm sure his point was that Lagos' commercial potential is what makes them capable of managing some of the infrastructure. Your intellectually dishonest, profoundly stewpid comparison of Lagos to other states is what he's challenging. What has your Osun village taken over to manage from the FG?

You mean the world famous chest beaters, the smartest people in Nigeria, the richest people in Nigeria, the most industrious people in Nigeria, the importers of everything entering Nigeria can not manage a common River Port? grin

lol @ Igbos always deflecting with Osun, is Osun the subject matter? Is there a FG project critical to the survival of the people of Osun that is rotting away and the elected officials in Osun aren't demanding to he handed over to the people of Osun? Do you mind naming such project because I don't get the silly, irrelevant and thoughtless comparison just because you are trying to dodge and defend your incompetent elected officials.

Is their a FG property on the coast of Ondo that Ondo officials are not demanding to be handed over.?

This is about your own issue so stop being childish with lame and unintelligent comparisons and diversions.

You people argue like elementary school kids.

3 Likes

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by Ericnrm(m): 3:07am On Jun 01, 2018
Kingspin:
Why wont they allow it to decay? All the states in United Arab Emirates own a functional seaports which they operation independently and their population is about 10 million. Nigeria with a growing super population of over 200 million operate one viable seaport and the rest relegated. And we saying we want to grow grow tanker!!!

I'm seriously tired of Nigerian wahala
Almost everywhere you go there are unfinished projects everywhere and one politician will be making noise up and down that we can be like developed countries

1 Like

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by BabaRamota1980: 3:12am On Jun 01, 2018
deomelo:

You mean the world famous chest beaters, the smartest people in Nigeria, the richest people in Nigeria, the most industrious people in Nigeria, the importers of everything entering Nigeria can not manage a common River Port? grin

lol @ Igbos always deflecting with Osun, is Osun is the subject matter? Is there a FG project critical to the survival of the people of Osun that is rotting away and the elected officials in Osun aren't demanding to he handed over to the people of Osun? Do you mind naming such project because I don't get the silly, irrelevant and thoughtless comparison just because you are trying to dodge and defend your incompetent elected officials.

Is their a FG property on the coast of Ondo that Ondo officials are not demanding to be handed over.?

This is about your own issue so stop being childish with lame and unintelligent comparisons and diversions.

Deomelo, take it easy now, HABA!! cheesy
Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by Nobody: 3:46am On Jun 01, 2018
Blue3k2:

Source: https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/05/n4bn-port-facilities-decay-at-onitsha-5-years-after/

Eye opening report. The concessioning should be accelerated.
Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by gazmann(m): 3:47am On Jun 01, 2018
Xander85:

Concerning the inaction of the politicians from the SE in general, and Anambra in particular, i'm on the same page with you.....they're all fuc'king useless! smiley

Shame on you if you don't think the senators have a role to play.

Why are you crying for them and defending them
Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:04am On Jun 01, 2018
deomelo:

If you have nothing other than this playground twaddle to offer, quit wasting my time. I'm not in the habit of suffering juvenile clowns.

lol @ Igbos always deflecting with Osun, is Osun the subject matter? Is there a FG project critical to the survival of the people of Osun that is rotting away and the elected officials in Osun aren't demanding to he handed over to the people of Osun? Do you mind naming such project because I don't get the silly, irrelevant and thoughtless comparison just because you are trying to dodge and defend your incompetent elected officials.

Deflecting with Osun? You mean like your deflecting with Lagos when you knew you were spewing utter drivel? How convenient. Bases his vacuous critique of our politicians on what Lagos have done, but can't tell us which other state, including his Osun village, have done the same as Lagos. Rambles about our "incompetent", "bystander" politicians that can't lobby in Abuja, but can't tell us what the competent politicians from his Osun village have done in Abuja despite the fact those legislators are with the ruling party. Maybe think it all through next time, before regurgitating those thoughtless opinions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:23am On Jun 01, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Yeah FG, thanks for correction.

Five years and it hasn't stalled....when is it going to stall?

They said the equipments are rusting. Of course! They are installed in warehouses sitting on the river bank. They should have periodic coating of paint to keep them corrossion-free. Now, after some time they are no longer usable and must be replaced.

There was a topic on What Igbo must do to renew itself. The greatest barrier to Igbo development is none other than the "we developed Lagos" crew. I can list ten pages of how they are dangerous to Igbo cause.

This rustic port facility and its 4bn infrastructural commitment is a good example.

Imagine the job prospects....
Imagine the value-added services...
Imagine the redistribution of wealth in local communities...
Imagine the upstream/downstream markets...
Imagine gainful employment displacing idleness and crime at local level...

Just imagine...

N4billion is barely $11m. Ports that are real economic game-changers are often multi-billion dollar projects, so I don't even know how far that would go in the project. Dredging the River Niger was a N47billion project under GEJ with N34 billion paid out to the contractor and the ship owners association report no work was done. It's clear the river ports along the Naija haven't been concessioned because the infrastructure isn't ready and the water is too shallow for sea vessels. Everything else being spewed here about politics is utter nonsense.

The hypocrisy here never ceases to amaze me. I remember the same Deomelo clown above was rambling about how our governors cannot build "ordinary 2nd Niger Bridge" while the clown couldn't explain how ordinary Lagos-Ibadan expressway has been a mess for as long as I can remember and SW governors were waiting cap in hand for the FG till today. Even for Lagos that generates as much wealth as over 2 dozen states combined, ordinary 4th mainland bridge has gone through several iterations under several Lagos governors and never passed the conception stage. it's still the 3 bridges built by the FG that connect Lagos Island with the Mainland. Why your fuss about Onitsha river port? Why not fuss about Ondo utilizing its huge coasts for another sea port? But una go die ontop Lagos matter, as if Lagos is sole representative of the rest of the SW.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by BabaRamota1980: 4:26am On Jun 01, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Didn't some Yoruba legislators align with Yerima to scupper a bill that was to outlaw child marriage? grin

Child marriage is not a national problem. Only two regions have problem with child abuse, North which marries them off young and East which commercializes their young bodies.

This should be treated at regional level.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by adeblow(m): 4:31am On Jun 01, 2018
That's why you have to give credits to any government that continues any project. If this government completes it, u will hear things like, initiated by GEJ, was 80% complete. Haba guys
Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by BabaRamota1980: 5:01am On Jun 01, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

N4billion is barely $11m. Ports that are real economic game-changers are often multi-billion dollar projects, so I don't even know how far that would go in the project. Dredging the River Niger was a N47billion project under GEJ with N34 billion paid out to the contractor and the ship owners association report no work was done. It's clear the river ports along the Naija haven't been concessioned because the infrastructure isn't ready and the water is too shallow for sea vessels. Everything else being spewed here about politics is utter nonsense.

The hypocrisy here never ceases to amaze me. I remember the same Deomelo clown above was rambling about how our governors cannot build "ordinary 2nd Niger Bridge" while the clown couldn't explain how ordinary Lagos-Ibadan expressway has been a mess for as long as I can remember and SW governors were waiting cap in hand for the FG till today. Ordinary 4th mainland bridge has gone through several iterations under several Lagos governors and never passed the conception stage. it's still the 3 bridges built by the FG that connect Lagos Island with the Mainland.

True Entrepreneurs are very resourceful, they will use a meagre 4b naira equipment to produce a 20bn market. Thats a 1:5 ratio.

Ibos have done this repeatedly in Lagos. Why cant you do it at home?
Ill tell you why....

Lack of an ennabling environment! Thats why.

The Lagos society today is what the Ibadan society of early 1900s was.

The Ibadan society of 1900s is what the Ilorin society of 1800s was.

There is lesson to be learnt. Ibos ignore history and precedence...rather than turn Onitsha into an ennabling economy, you continue to multiply abilities in Lagos, at the cost of developing your homeland.

We are not fooled....we can see through the facade and recognize Ohanaeze's demand for restructuring as a camouflage. What is there in Iboland for the citizens of Eastern region to return to? Absolutely nothing!

Ohanaeze is trapped, so is the general Ibo populace....but you continue to deny the obvious.

Now, Lagos, Ogun and Oyo had proposed at one point for Federal Government to hand over the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway over for them to manage. FG declined.

We have asked to be given our waterways, FG declined.

We believe we can do a better job than FG in the maintenance of our region and the public space.

On 4th Mainland Bridge....lets to the Ikoyi-Lekki Bridge first. Any bridge that transverse a waterway in Lagos must first get FG approval and right of way before it can be built. Ikoyi-Lekki Bridge construction went to court and dispute resolution before it was opened.

4th Mainland Bridge is suffering same fate.

Even if SE Governors were to build a bridge over Niger they must obtain prior approval from FG. So we are not blind to the restraints your governors face in SE. But they are not in the predicament alone. Yoruba face the same thing. The difference is..... this badge of Entrepreneurship that Ibo prides itself with is truly not a unique skill. If it was we should already have mega markets and industries in East. You have a streak of individual surge at opportunities presented in ennabling environment and you succeed at it. When the environment is withdrawn you are helpless and have no ingenuity to duplicate it to your favor.

If you put Yoruba in Onitsha they will create ennabling market overnight and sustain its growth. If you take Onitsha from them they will reproduce the market in a new environment.

Yoruba is the true Entrepreneur and genius of commerce. But heirarchy restrains our surge and we develop over time but sustained.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by deomelo: 5:09am On Jun 01, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

If you have nothing other than this playground twaddle to offer, quit wasting my time. I'm not in the habit of suffering juvenile clowns.

[b]Deflecting with Osun? You mean like your deflecting with Lagos when you knew you were spewing utter drivel? [/b]How convenient. Bases his vacuous critique of our politicians on what Lagos has done, but can't tell us which another state, including his Osun village, have done the same as Lagos. Rambles about our "incompetent", "bystander" politicians that can't lobby in Abuja, but can't tell us what the competent politicians from his Osun village have done in Abuja despite the fact those legislators are with the ruling party. Maybe think it all through next time, before regurgitating those thoughtless opinions.

See how shallow and pathetic you think and rationalize basic facts?

To start with, I gave you a factual occurrence where another state/Lagos lobbied for and received FG infrastructures and I asked why your elected officials are not doing the same thing per this river port, but you childishly and unintelligently inserted Osun when in fact Osun state doesn't have such issues on the ground regarding FG projects in the same situation.

lol @ the joker misappropriating the word "deflection". Me deflecting means you asked me a question and I gyrated to Lagos as a comeback, but in you did not ask me any question that I deflected with Lagos. You reason upside down and like a sleepy child and your comebacks sound shallow and unintelligent.

If you are going to insert Osun into the conversation, there must be such issues transpiring on the ground in Osun so of what relevance was your ignorant and illogical reference to Osun? Where is the comparison other than the fact that Osun is your go-to default and lame side corner to excuse away your weak intellectual capacity to purvey sane and logical argument.

Have you sited the FG project in Osun state that they need to ask the FG to hand over? Be a grown man and name the FG facility in Osun that the people of Osun need to collect from the FG. If you can't and I know you can not, then STFU.

You even shifted to Ondo state as if they have such FG infrastructure issue on the ground in Ondo state.

You are far below pathetic, basement and elementary reasonings.

1 Like

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by deomelo: 5:21am On Jun 01, 2018
BTW, this ipob is basically admitting that their future and the future of their river 2 forklift jetty depends on Osun state because until Osun collects the imaginary and fantasy FG project in Osun state, their useless and incompetent elected officials can not lobby or demand that the FG hand over the village river port.

So, Osun is now your threshold for action, Osun is now your yardstick, Osun is now the state that you look up to before you fight for your daily bread and survival.

This ipob think he's making a point a point when in fact he's exposing his own apathy, shortcomings, victim limitations and mentality.

This ipob is dulling my knife, able keep quiet and go look for intelligent and smart ipob for me to debate, you are just too mentally inept for me..

Almighty Osun...

1 Like

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by deomelo: 5:25am On Jun 01, 2018

This is the 2 forklift boat landing and warehouse that is going to destroy their economy in Lagos according to Igbos..

This small warehouse sef no fit contain 2 containers of goods..

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by deomelo: 5:36am On Jun 01, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

True Entrepreneurs are very resourceful, they will use a meagre 4b naira equipment to produce a 20bn market. Thats a 1:5 ratio.

Ibos have done this repeatedly in Lagos. Why cant you do it at home?
Ill tell you why....

Lack of an ennabling environment! Thats why.

The Lagos society today is what the Ibadan society of early 1900s was.

The Ibadan society of 1900s is what the Ilorin society of 1800s was.

There is lesson to be learnt. Ibos ignore history and precedence...rather than turn Onitsha into an ennabling economy, you continue to multiply abilities in Lagos, at the cost of developing your homeland.

We are not fooled....we can see through the facade and recognize Ohanaeze's demand for restructuring as a camouflage. What is there in Iboland for the citizens of Eastern region to return to? Absolutely nothing!

Ohanaeze is trapped, so is the general Ibo populace....but you continue to deny the obvious.

Now, Lagos, Ogun and Oyo had proposed at one point for Federal Government to hand over the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway over for them to manage. FG declined.

We have asked to be given our waterways, FG declined.

We believe we can do a better job than FG in the maintenance of our region and the public space.

On 4th Mainland Bridge....lets to the Ikoyi-Lekki Bridge first. Any bridge that transverse a waterway in Lagos must first get FG approval and right of way before it can be built. Ikoyi-Lekki Bridge construction went to court and dispute resolution before it was opened.

4th Mainland Bridge is suffering same fate.

Even if SE Governors were to build a bridge over Niger they must obtain prior approval from FG. So we are not blind to the restraints your governors face in SE. But they are not in the predicament alone. Yoruba face the same thing. The difference is..... this badge of Entrepreneurship that Ibo prides itself with is truly not a unique skill. If it was we should already have mega markets and industries in East. You have a streak of individual surge at opportunities presented in ennabling environment and you succeed at it. When the environment is withdrawn you are helpless and have no ingenuity to duplicate it to your favor.

If you put Yoruba in Onitsha they will create ennabling market overnight and sustain its growth. If you take Onitsha from them they will reproduce the market in a new environment.

Yoruba is the true Entrepreneur and genius of commerce. But heirarchy restrains our surge and we develop over time but sustained.

Speaking at the commissioning witnessed by dignitaries including the former Secretary to the Federal Government, SGF, Mr. Yayale Ahmed, former Governor of Lagos state, Alhaji Lateef Jakande, Brigadier-General Mobolaji Johnson (rtd), Oba Rilwanu Akiolu, I, among others, Fashola, described late Yar’Adua as a statesman and not a politician. Tribute to Yar’ Adua The governor said the late president, during his short stay in office, never allowed his political affiliation to affect his duties, noting “the late president was the first builder of the bridge. When the design was completed and shown to me, it was obvious that four property would have to give way at the Ikoyi end

He quoted the late President to have said: “SGF, there is this bridge in conception by the Lagos State Government. It will affect some property over which we have a dispute with the state government in court, without prejudice to the outcome, please release the two property to them. Our political difference cannot stand in the way of our peoples’ development. That was President Yar’Adua as a statesman not a politician.

“This was the same President who released our seized fund. When I showed him the design in his office in Abuja, he simply picked up his intercom and invited Alhaji Yayale Ahmed to join in the meeting. *Newly constructed Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Photo: Bunmi Azeez “With the new cable bridge that would be opened for vehicular movement on June 1st, it is now easy for us to connect two communities separated by water. This has brought a compelling need for a 4th Mainland Bridge and possibly a 5th and 6th bridge and expanded ferry services are all no longer debatable.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/fashola-commissions-lekki-ikoyi-link-bridge/

Well said. Lagos state faced the same issues, but they did not cry, play the victim, point fingers or blame other people, they did what practical, responsible and competent people do, they lobbied and went to the FG to achieve their goals and objectives.

Yaradua was PDP, but he responded positively above politics for the good of the country.

They lobbied for and yanked Ikorodu road from the FG, same with Badagry express, the Marina presidential lodge and so on.

3 Likes

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by ashjay001(m): 5:54am On Jun 01, 2018
laudate:

And I don't want to believe you lack basic comprehension and analytical skills. shocked The Ministry of Transport has NOT appointed a concessionaire for the port, so that it can become functional. Now, who heads the Ministry of Transport? shocked And who has been the Transportation Minister for the last 3 years? And who should perform the role of watchdogs over the activities of the executive, especially within their zone?

U, also, lack basic comprehension n analytical skills. Which part of "nobody applying for d concessionaire", don't u understand
Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by laudate: 6:03am On Jun 01, 2018
ashjay001:
U, also, lack basic comprehension n analytical skills. Which part of "nobody applying for d concessionaire", don't u understand

And you lack basic reading and logical rational skills. What part of "Already, Expression of Interest (EoI) had received ministerial approval since 2017, but findings revealed that no tangible work has been done to commence the concession of the port. Also, no concrete reason has been provided by the Federal Ministry of Transportation for delaying the concession," don't you understand? shocked

I guess you did not also see the part where Amaechi himself promised that "that the process of concessioning of the port would be completed before the end of 2017." Till now, has he fulfilled that promise?? shocked

4 Likes

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by laudate: 6:06am On Jun 01, 2018
gazmann:
Shame on you if you don't think the senators have a role to play.

Why are you crying for them and defending them
Go back and read his comments again. He is not defending them. In fact he is ridiculing them for their inaction. undecided
Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by markfemi1: 6:26am On Jun 01, 2018
[s]
deomelo:

[/s]

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by ashjay001(m): 6:29am On Jun 01, 2018
laudate:

And you lack basic reading and logical rational skills. What part of "Already, Expression of Interest (EoI) had received ministerial approval since 2017, but findings revealed that no tangible work has been done to commence the concession of the port. Also, no concrete reason has been provided by the Federal Ministry of Transportation for delaying the concession," don't you understand? shocked

I guess you did not also see the part where Amaechi himself promised that "that the process of concessioning of the port would be completed before the end of 2017." Till now, has he fulfilled that promise?? shocked
Well, what part of "refurbished in 2014", can't u comprehend
Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by laudate: 6:33am On Jun 01, 2018
ashjay001:
Well, what part of "refurbished in 2014", can't u comprehend
You are still clutching at straws. So how does the so-called "refurbished in 2014", which you are waving around like a flag, stop Amaechi and his transport ministry from ensuring the port becomes functional? When will you stop arguing like a toddler? By the way, there was nothing in the article by newtelegraphonline.com which the OP quoted in his opening post, with the words "refurbished in 2014." Where did you manufacture that phrase from?

3 Likes

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by BigIyanga: 6:41am On Jun 01, 2018
laudate:

Moronic, misguided, clueless response from someone like you, who ought to know better. So Amaechi is no longer the Minister of Transport, and the Onitsha port no longer falls under his ministry, or Onitsha port is no longer under the purview of parastatals that report to his ministry, not so?
Trying harder to sound informed, but you're willfully bereft of facts.FG still controls all the inland/motorways in the country- it's on the exclusive list of the FG.. Blaming folks from that state/region for the inability of FG to carry out her responsibility is an arrogant display of stupidity on 4D

1 Like

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by laudate: 6:47am On Jun 01, 2018
BigIyanga:
Trying harder to sound informed, but you're willfully bereft of facts.FG still controls all the inland/motorways in the country- it's on the exclusive list of the FG.. Blaming folks from that state/region for the inability of FG to carry out her responsibility is an arrogant display of stupidity on 4D
It is obvious that you did not read my posts from beginning of this thread. sad Where did I blame folks from that region, for the inability of FG to carry out her responsibility? The only people I blamed were:

1). Rotimi Amaechi who is the current Transport Minister, (and whose ministry supervises the port), for his failure to ensure the problems with the port were resolved;

2). The federal and state House of Reps members as well as senators from the SE zone, who failed to serve as watchdogs over the executive, to ensure that such a project like the Onitsha port was brought to light, and completed.

Who else did I blame? shocked Can you see how your arrogant display of mindlessness has reduced you to a bumbling retar'd in 4G mode?

7 Likes

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by Blue3k2: 7:11am On Jun 01, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Why your fuss about Onitsha river port? Why not fuss about Ondo utilizing its huge coasts for another sea port? But una go die ontop Lagos matter, as if Lagos is sole representative of the rest of the SW.

When you asked about Ondo you should have mentioned the Igbokoda fishing terminal. Thats the only federal infrastructure the state could take over. I don't know if its bad shape like the one in Akwa Ibom though. It's relevant since it offers potential to tap in fish reserves and reduce dependance of fish imports.

The fishing terminals in Rivers and Akwa Ibom are being concessioned. Neither state has shown interest in take over these projects. In Akwa Iboms case its been urged by certain people but nobody in general cares about fish unless they hear avout illegal fishing or high imoorts.
Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by ashjay001(m): 7:24am On Jun 01, 2018
laudate:

You are still clutching at straws. So how does the so-called "refurbished in 2014", which you are waving around like a flag, stop Amaechi and his transport ministry from ensuring the port becomes functional? When will you stop arguing like a toddler? By the way, there was nothing in the article by newtelegraphonline.com which the OP quoted in his opening post, with the words "refurbished in 2014." Where did you manufacture that phrase from?

Well, shows ur level of discernment. Try reading, at all times, objectively. Dont put any slant, to d news u read. That way, u views n opinions, will remain fair.
GEJ's govt, refurbished that port, with #4b n it was ready for concession in 2014. #4b, wasn't written in d article, but .....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by LZAA: 7:25am On Jun 01, 2018
[quote author=laudate post=68068231][/quote]

1 Like

Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by LaudableXX: 7:52am On Jun 01, 2018
ashjay001:
Well, shows ur level of discernment. Try reading, at all times, objectively. Dont put any slant, to d news u read. That way, u views n opinions, will remain fair.
GEJ's govt, refurbished that port, with #4b n it was ready for concession in 2014. #4b, wasn't written in d article, but .....

You are the undiscerning one. First, you quote a non-existent phrase which was not even in the original article. Next, you engage in lies in a bid to dodge and confuse people, about the real issue. Grow up.
Re: N4bn Port Facilities Decay In Onitsha 5 Years After by mapet: 7:53am On Jun 01, 2018
laudate:

darfay: :
I don't want to believe that you can't read
And I don't want to believe you lack basic comprehension and analytical skills. shocked The Ministry of Transport has NOT appointed a concessionaire for the port, so that it can become functional. Now, who heads the Ministry of Transport? shocked And who has been the Transportation Minister for the last 3 years? And who should perform the role of watchdogs over the activities of the executive, especially within their zone?

Lemme guess! you know, concession arrangement are done with a wave of hand.......and Amaechi is purposely stalling it. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photos: Atiku Abubakar And Bola Tinubu Welcome Man Who Trekked From Yola To Abuj / Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary / Nkechi Chukwurah's Aide Shoots At Her In Assassination Attempt (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.