Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (75152 Views)

Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice / My Younger Sister Has This Entitlement Mentality. Help I'm Scared For Her. / My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by ronaldbecky(m): 7:19am On Jun 02, 2018
GuntersChain:
it is probably that she is single with no boyfriend and no job at hand. so no one is missing her neither is she missing anyone. just bear with her she will soon leave.
..why r u wicked?
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by bellotaofeek: 7:19am On Jun 02, 2018
alimaa:
I know i am supposed to post this in the family section but i always get better response from the Romance section. I don't know whether any of you has been in a situation where an in-law comes for a short visit and finally settles in your home without any sign of leaving anytime soon.

My wife's elder sister who is single came to visit us in January but up till now she has not made any move to go and it's not as if we live in a big apartment so there is no much privacy. We got married in 2015 so our union is still young.

This kind of situation puts one in a dilemma because you just don't know what to say and you will be termed "a bad person". She lies on our matrimonial bed even in my presence.

Before now i never knew someone would feel comfortable staying with a younger sister in her matrimonial home. If it is as a result of accommodation problem or maybe you went to a distant location to do one or two things and you now spend sometime in your younger sister's home, that is understandable.

Please what advice do you have for me?

Congratulations.... You just got a bonus from your in laws. That's shows you are a good guy. Enjoy! grin

Seat your wife down, explain to her. The reasons why you feel the visitors can't stay too long with you, So that she can face the exit door. You can't do it all alone.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by ronaldbecky(m): 7:20am On Jun 02, 2018
GuntersChain:
it is probably that she is single with no boyfriend and no job at hand. so no one is missing her neither is she missing anyone. just bear with her she will soon leave.
..why r u wicked
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 02, 2018
Lalas247:
my dear are you the bill payer?
if yes! and solely pay for rent and up keep of the home .. while her single older sister is leeching off both of you..that is WRONG but some siblings have no shame and don't know where yo draw the line ..
my dear for happy home tell her yo leave .. its your house!
if your Mrs pays half the bills then you will need to consult her and come to a joint decision ...

her sister will be angry for sure but she will get over it ..
never let people over stay their welcome... family or not a visit should be a visit .
Your advice is good but that "If your Mrs" line is not good. Whether or not the wife pays half the bills, she should still be consulted. However, it is the wife's duty to ask her sister to leave.
Actually, if I were to be the one, I will not allow my sister to stay too long in my matrimonial home as I don't want third parties intervening in my marriage. I will let her know right from the beginning and once she overstays the period agreed upon, she's out. Anybody that has any derogatory thing to say about it can go to hell, it's my marriage, not theirs.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by DavidEsq(m): 7:21am On Jun 02, 2018
Paulpaulpaul:
@Kennyprince, you are wicked, how could you occupy my place?

Leave her with your wife and sleep in a hotel once in a while, when your wife asks, tell her your want her to enjoy gist with her sister.

She will swiftly respond if she's wise

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by tope3x(m): 7:22am On Jun 02, 2018
Exactly what I was going to type

Paulpaulpaul:
@Kennyprince, you are wicked, how could you occupy my place?

Leave her with your wife and sleep in a hotel once in a while, when your wife asks, tell her your want her to enjoy gist with her sister.

She will swiftly respond if she's wise
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by DanielsParker(m): 7:23am On Jun 02, 2018
babeosisi:

Is she the main breadwinner in the house?
Please answer this question
This is not uncommon when the woman is the one bringing home the bacon. Shouldn't be so but the saying that he who pays the piper dictates the tune is so true.

Was this your wife's apartment before you got married and you moved in with her.
I suspect that could be the case
I can't explain what else would poses an older sister to lay down in her sister''s matrimonial bed besides stupidity and over familiarity .

Even if you are not pulling your weight financially ,I don't believe you should be disrespected in this manner.
Your wife is unreasonable for not coming to an agreement with you on how long her sister is there for and I am shocked you've not even mentioned it to her.
This make me suspect strongly that she may be the main provider for the family.
I feel for you
You must have a conversation with your wife about this
You're not scared of her are you?

my thoughts also, unless if the story was made up..

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by vicstar16: 7:24am On Jun 02, 2018
Smart guy. Baba u talk true
seyigiggle:
oga na promo oo.
marry one, get another one free. you made her comfortable.

let me teach you my strategies.
1. don't say anything to her or your wife about her stay
2. always frown your face
3. form financial crisis. as in cut down on your home expenses, and whenever food stuff finishes, complain bitterly!

i refuse to teach you bad things
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:24am On Jun 02, 2018
truthstands12:
Please man up and tell your wife to ask her to leave. If she doesn't do so, tell her to leave and nothing will happen. If they like, let them term you bad person, you need space in your house. Its high time we men stand up and stop all these forming to be a good person to everybody.
.....Exactly. Somebody is dying in silent and he can't even act all because he wants to be seen as a good man.At times in life,when you want to preserve something,you end up losing it . This is one of the reasons some men die untimely. Eye service is very bad. Men should learn.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by johnnychuks(m): 7:25am On Jun 02, 2018
ImaIma1:
Is there any of their family member that is reasonable and you can talk to? Please explain to that person.

It is wrong for her to come and stay and refuse to go.

And if you have money for an extra mouth, bring one of your family members that she is not fond of to come and stay.
thats means you wont konge to kill the man and the wife! You hard him, he said they stay in a small apartment. Bros dont just do anything silly so they dont see you as a rong inlaw remember that we are working for our familie and inlaws pls dont break the chain you are not the only person that this have been hapening to pls try to be a good nigeria thats how we live here thanks for taking my candict advice, i have two of my wife elder sisters that are leaving with me! You expect me to chase them to the street, no now thats been heartless and greedy, this is where your maturity need to come in.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by DavidEsq(m): 7:26am On Jun 02, 2018
awwfar:
hmmm...so u get sense like this ..
my advice is that you start walking around your house naked henceforth with your stick pointing forward like a battled ready soldier that's about to pull the trigger in the middle of a war, its sha your house.
Awon werey ni o! grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:27am On Jun 02, 2018
gazilion:

Based on the above statements, You are a coward!
If you remain this cowardly, you'll become foolish!!
...He is worst than a coward. A very big fool he is. Everybody with a dick will answer a man.Rubbish.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by murmee: 7:30am On Jun 02, 2018
gazilion:

Based on the above statements, You are a coward!
If you remain this cowardly, you'll become foolish!!
You have really hit the nail on the head. Our man here is not just a coward but very timid. The truth is, the wife controls him!

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by dulphines: 7:35am On Jun 02, 2018
Make more money, get a bigger apartment and accommodate everyone. Who knows tomorrow?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:41am On Jun 02, 2018
Lloydfolarin:
I just pity some lowlives called sissy men who are scared to call anybody’s bluff including their wives.

The day you become that no-nonsense person who could call any woman’s bluff is the day you are ready for marriage cos women ll throw a lot of shit to your face along with her family but Mr no nonsense ll stand up and ready at all time to send the woman back to her family.

Once the family of any woman know that you are Mr no-nonsense man, trust me, both your wife and family ll behave themselves.

Honestly, put me in this situation for just 2 days, either the elder sister or both ll leave my house the same day. Life is too short to suffer in silence cos of pussy.

The moment you put your heart in the hands of a woman in that institution called marriage, you are finished.

A real man/ No nonsense man dictate how his home is runned while lowlives are scare to call the bluff of their wives so as not to get her and family upset.

If you want a peaceful marriage, be in charge as the manager not the houseboy.

.....Bros ,you ve said it all.The funny thing is that these group of men will be dying in silence but because of their eye service towards their in-laws,they can't act.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Shirer(m): 7:41am On Jun 02, 2018
The Creator gave women two instincts - wifely and motherly instincts. No reasoning wife would allow the situation described here.
The last time I came across this Sisters Act, it turned out to be a gang up against the husband. Sister in-law was supervising her sister to deliver another man's baby to an innocent dude.
OP should put his foot down.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by nittroboy(m): 7:42am On Jun 02, 2018
I pity you, say it cheesy and see chemical reaction, mind you , your life is not secure anymore,she would believed that you would soon cheat on her, Your Death In Advance. grin

hope4nigeria:
Tell your wife you are in love with her sister, trust me, you will not see the sister the following day.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by gnykelly(m): 7:43am On Jun 02, 2018
alimaa:
I know i am supposed to post this in the family section but i always get better response from the Romance section. I don't know whether any of you has been in a situation where an in-law comes for a short visit and finally settles in your home without any sign of leaving anytime soon.

My wife's elder sister who is single came to visit us in January but up till now she has not made any move to go and it's not as if we live in a big apartment so there is no much privacy. We got married in 2015 so our union is still young.

This kind of situation puts one in a dilemma because you just don't know what to say and you will be termed "a bad person". She lies on our matrimonial bed even in my presence.

Before now i never knew someone would feel comfortable staying with a younger sister in her matrimonial home. If it is as a result of accommodation problem or maybe you went to a distant location to do one or two things and you now spend sometime in your younger sister's home, that is understandable.

what happened to her parents house
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by neptunes88(m): 7:56am On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=Paulpaulpaul
Best advice.... works wonders

She will swiftly respond if she's wise[/quote]
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Malawian(m): 8:03am On Jun 02, 2018
Allow your wife's sister find her own. She won't be that lucky hiding away in the village. Leaching is permitable if it is from family. It is when outsiders come to leach that irks.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 02, 2018
alimaa:

Bros, your situation is very simple to handle, make sure you begin sleep with her and make sure your wife knows about it, it is your wife that would eventually drive her out of the house and when that happen...stop all contact with the lady...
Put it in motion then seat back,relax and watch as events quickly unfold itself...!!

No put am for quarrel oh!!
Peace..!!!
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by kingsleyugo41(m): 8:26am On Jun 02, 2018
On no account you should open your mouth to tell your sister in-law to leave your house except she commited a serious offense. Pls hold yourself for now and manage nothing is pamanent maybe she is looking for a job.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by gwuchi(m): 8:28am On Jun 02, 2018
kimbraa:
If you ask her to leave, you become an enemy, and if your wife who happens to be her younger sister should ask her to leave, she'd assume your wife is being disrespectful to her because she's married and she's not. Tell your wife to explain the situation to her mother or someone older to call her back and give you guys space.
best advice so far

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Unlimited22: 8:29am On Jun 02, 2018
kimbraa:
If you ask her to leave, you become an enemy, and if your wife who happens to be her younger sister should ask her to leave, she'd assume your wife is being disrespectful to her because she's married and she's not. Tell your wife to explain the situation to her mother or someone older to call her back and give you guys space.
Oil dey your head. Nice one.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by yourstar: 8:45am On Jun 02, 2018
If you share a strong bond and agree with ur wife this should not be a problem at all... First why did she come in the first place, have u had this discussion with ur wife and what was her response? A sensible wife should know when her husband is uncomfortable with something and she also knows the best way to go about it.. But anyways call ur wife attention again and let her relate to the mother or any older relative that's if she can't handle her sister. If that fails man up and have a discussion with the Lady last last she and her sister go frown face like nwamkpi for some days and she will go period!
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by thunderbabs: 8:52am On Jun 02, 2018
Immorttal:
it has happened before in my street and they are both living together as first and second wife, the man has money sha and both sisters looks happy in the marriage. shocked

shocked truly, there is nothing new under the sun. These women can be so devilish
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Etianwanokon: 8:56am On Jun 02, 2018
Send her out of your house. She smells trouble.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 02, 2018
It's as simple as this skip coming home on weekends... Chill out with your friends.. Your wife will complain tell her you need privacy. It's as simple as that.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by alimaa: 9:00am On Jun 02, 2018
babeosisi:

Is she the main breadwinner in the house?
Please answer this question
This is not uncommon when the woman is the one bringing home the bacon. Shouldn't be so but the saying that he who pays the piper dictates the tune is so true.

Was this your wife's apartment before you got married and you moved in with her.
I suspect that could be the case
I can't explain what else would poses an older sister to lay down in her sister''s matrimonial bed besides stupidity and over familiarity .

Even if you are not pulling your weight financially ,I don't believe you should be disrespected in this manner.
Your wife is unreasonable for not coming to an agreement with you on how long her sister is there for and I am shocked you've not even mentioned it to her.
This make me suspect strongly that she may be the main provider for the family.
I feel for you
You must have a conversation with your wife about this
You're not scared of her are you?
I provide everything, my wife just finished her OND programme.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by alimaa: 9:07am On Jun 02, 2018
Afec1000givers:
remember life is turn by turn...that lady most of u guys kept saying send her away might become their bread winner tomorrow. they are blood sisters emotion is involved
i reject this your comment. As long as i have blood in my veins i will always have money. Every money i need is inside of me.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by BlueScholar(m): 9:08am On Jun 02, 2018
seyigiggle:
oga na promo oo.

3. form financial crisis. as in cut down on your home expenses, and whenever food stuff finishes, complain bitterly!

Wallahi you sabi grin I gbadu your style
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by ACE1010: 9:08am On Jun 02, 2018
seyigiggle:
oga na promo oo.

grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Paul Okoye Blasts Davido For Calling Those Who Attended His Birthday Party Pussy / I Caught My Housemaid Sexually Assaulting My Son / The Travails Of Marrying Late

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.