Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,735 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (75190 Views)

Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice / My Younger Sister Has This Entitlement Mentality. Help I'm Scared For Her. / My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Daboomb: 2:50am On Jun 02, 2018
He should just start telling his wife that he admires her sister so much and that she is really beutiful. shocked shocked shocked

or strike up a conversation like:

- Is it really wrong to marry two sisters from the same mother?

He should then start buying gifts like Bra and Pant for the senior sister and not buy for the wife.
He should always complement her dressing everytime and even ask her to change her hair-style (You know, the usual things you do for a lady you are in love with).
At times, offer to take the sister out (dont take your wife along grin ).
Just play the Devil but please dont take it too far because l dont trust you that much o undecided )

I bet you, your wife wont allow your sister to spend the next one week in that house.
She would be the one to throw her out, without you even asking her.
And if she asks for your support in throwing her out, just tell her: 'Negodu now, cant you see that the lady is very helpful to us'?
Or say: look it is a family matter and l am not going to get involved. grin

Crase-people!

BTW: What during one of those periods she lseeps on your matrimonial bed and Nepa takes like without you knowing that it is not your wife that ison the bed...... and Konji come catch you and you proceed!
Would you be guilty of infidelity or would she be guilty of seducing you?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Gboliwe: 2:53am On Jun 02, 2018
What is your wife saying /doing about it?

Is she jobless?

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Daboomb: 3:10am On Jun 02, 2018
cococandy:
If it’s your family member that is overstaying, you people will call your wife wicked for complaining.
She’s your in-law and she’s welcome in your house. Shikena.

Put up boundaries ( as in no laying in your bed or even staying in your bedroom for that matter). That’s all you need to do.

Treat your in-laws the way you want your wife to treat your siblings. You won’t be unhappy if your brother comes around and overstays.

You are very wicked!

Which "boundaries" are you talking about or are you just speaking from both sides of your mouth like a Hypocrite?

she is your in-law and she has the right ot sleep anywhere in the house, as she feels.
Infact, she has the same right as your wife, in that house because you are all 'family'
Treat your own sister and in-laws the way you want your HUSBAND to treat your siblings. You won’t be unhappy if your own Sister comes around and overstays.

You see how you sound? grin grin

What is good for the Geeese, is also good for the Gander. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Deltatoto: 3:22am On Jun 02, 2018
Zonacom:
Sleeps on your matrimonial bed? Hmmm three.some orgy loading...
But on a serious note, talk sense into your wife. She's in a better position to ask her to leave
nthg when u wan talk are u going to chase ur blood away?anythg u say now will be misunderstood the best thg is to keep managing
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Nobody: 3:22am On Jun 02, 2018
Stop cooking at home, and don't buy food stuff.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Deltatoto: 3:23am On Jun 02, 2018
kimbraa:
If you ask her to leave, you become an enemy, and if your wife who happens to be her younger sister should ask her to leave, she'd assume your wife is being disrespectful to her because she's married and she's not. Tell your wife to explain the situation to her mother or someone older to call her back and give you guys space.
she will stl find out u took that move behind her and it’s not going to be easy if I’m in the shoe I will remain silent
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Deltatoto: 3:26am On Jun 02, 2018
seyigiggle:
oga na promo oo.
marry one, get another one free. you made her comfortable.

let me teach you my strategies.
1. don't say anything to her or your wife about her stay
2. always frown your face
3. form financial crisis. as in cut down on your home expenses, and whenever food stuff finishes, complain bitterly!

i refuse to teach you bad things
stupid advice it’s not d best we all lived with ppl at certain stages of our life if u are treated this way how will you feel?he has been managing let him continue to manage the girl is not daft na probably she hasn’t finished what she cane to do in town she knows she will go let’s learn to tolerate ppl o

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Daboomb: 3:27am On Jun 02, 2018
smileysmiley:
Wake up in the middle of the night and wake your wife up. Tell her you're going to meet her sister. When she asks why, tell her to perform your marital duties that you cannot have two women in the house and leave one unsatisfied, it's not done.

I salute your ingenuity~ grin grin grin

The Op's palaver cannot be solved with words... but with decisive action like this

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by steve13(m): 3:42am On Jun 02, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
......And you think its enough to send the signal? What is there in calling his wife and her elder sister together,in their presence make his feelings known to both? I can understand, he has not yet grown to marry so I won't blame him.Let him keep mute and be dying in silence.

This thing is not easy brother , Can you really do it ? Don't you want the marriage to last ? It's hard, very .

Giving them attitude will be a better way , throwing some questions to the wife atimes like " sup with your sister? " should be ok, secondly we don't know the reason she is staying back , is it a job ? Study or is she just sleeping and Eating , OP clear us on these let's know how best you will handle it
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by thunderbabs: 3:51am On Jun 02, 2018
I hpe we wont hear frontpage news of man impregnates wife's elder sister soon? Coz all these gals dey make man committ.....

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Chigeorge2015(m): 3:54am On Jun 02, 2018
awwfar:
hmmm...so u get sense like this ..
my advice is that you start walking around your house naked henceforth with your stick pointing forward like a battled ready soldier that's about to pull the trigger in the middle of a war, its sha your house.
This is the worst advice one could give. That will make her start feeling something else, which could lead to something dispecable
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by emi14: 3:56am On Jun 02, 2018
awwfar:
hmmm...so u get sense like this ..
my advice is that you start walking around your house naked henceforth with your stick pointing forward like a battled ready soldier that's about to pull the trigger in the middle of a war, its sha your house.
Indecency
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Chigeorge2015(m): 3:56am On Jun 02, 2018
It seems she wants to displace her sister in that marriage
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by vincentus16: 4:17am On Jun 02, 2018
donstan18:
Kindly bring any 3 of your relatives from your village to join you there, let's see if she'll complain.

She'll quickly be the one to find a solution to spark back the marital privacy of your marriage.

what if those three relatives finally settles as well.
Lolllllllz

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by xtivin(m): 4:18am On Jun 02, 2018
Discuss the possibility of renting an apartment with your wife as if you mean it, if she's wise it will send a signal.Be careful with family issues, nobody knows what surprise tomorrow has for anybody

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by BabangidaHamza(m): 4:21am On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=Paulpaulpaul post=68079886]@Kennyprince, you are wicked, how could you occupy my place?

Leave her with your wife and sleep in a hotel once in a while, when your wife asks, tell her your want her to enjoy gist with her sister.

She will swiftly respond if she's wise[/quote
What a nice way to solve the Laplace Transformation problem.. ]
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Askmewhy(m): 4:22am On Jun 02, 2018
Does she have something doing or is she looking for a job?
What is your wife's position to her staying?
How does she treat you as a person?
What's is her relationship with ur wife?
What is your inlaw's position to her staying?
Did your wife discuss anything about her staying with u before she came?

Answers to these questions will help a lot to know what next to do. But remember this is Africa and you people can be in her position tomorrow.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by NiajaXionist: 4:25am On Jun 02, 2018
alimaa:
I know i am supposed to post this in the family section but i always get better response from the Romance section. I don't know whether any of you has been in a situation where an in-law comes for a short visit and finally settles in your home without any sign of leaving anytime soon.

My wife's elder sister who is single came to visit us in January but up till now she has not made any move to go and it's not as if we live in a big apartment so there is no much privacy. We got married in 2015 so our union is still young.

This kind of situation puts one in a dilemma because you just don't know what to say and you will be termed "a bad person". She lies on our matrimonial bed even in my presence.

Before now i never knew someone would feel comfortable staying with a younger sister in her matrimonial home. If it is as a result of accommodation problem or maybe you went to a distant location to do one or two things and you now spend sometime in your younger sister's home, that is understandable.

Please what advice do you have for me?
My friend had a similar problem but i advised him to start roaming in his house semi unclad. His wife begins to become jealous without any delay she sends the sister away before he starts knocking both the two sisters warm meat.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:25am On Jun 02, 2018
OP please tell your mother or.sister to visit too.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Baobab4loan(m): 4:36am On Jun 02, 2018
kimbraa:
If you ask her to leave, you become an enemy, and if your wife who happens to be her younger sister should ask her to leave, she'd assume your wife is being disrespectful to her because she's married and she's not. Tell your wife to explain the situation to her mother or someone older to call her back and give you guys space.

Better

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by GrammarCheck: 4:37am On Jun 02, 2018
alimaa:
I know i am supposed to post this in the family section but i always get better response from the Romance section. I don't know whether any of you has been in a situation where an in-law comes for a short visit and finally settles in your home without any sign of leaving anytime soon.

My wife's elder sister who is single came to visit us in January but up till now she has not made any move to go and it's not as if we live in a big apartment so there is no much privacy. We got married in 2015 so our union is still young.

This kind of situation puts one in a dilemma because you just don't know what to say and you will be termed "a bad person". She lies on our matrimonial bed even in my presence.

Before now i never knew someone would feel comfortable staying with a younger sister in her matrimonial home. If it is as a result of accommodation problem or maybe you went to a distant location to do one or two things and you now spend sometime in your younger sister's home, that is understandable.

Please what advice do you have for me?

Get her a husband
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by ymaruf01: 4:37am On Jun 02, 2018
nawa for ur wife o she dy think at all just pack ND leave d hux fr den married another woman outside ND stay wit her den if she ask u tell her that u did not want to inconvience her visitor
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Ilerioluwa02: 4:40am On Jun 02, 2018
1. Talk to your wife. She'll do the miracle.

2. If you don't see any changes, start admiring the sister, telling ur wfe.

3. If you still don't see any changes,, start spending some time with master Jesus in a nice hotel say 3 times a week, while complaining to ur wife dat u don't av much money. If she asks why, tell her u want to give her nd her sister some privacy.. so they can gist.

Above all, if all these doesnt work, then send the sister packing!!
All the above shouldn't take up to a month to execute.

All the best bro
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by godofuck231: 4:42am On Jun 02, 2018
If I should speak the truth, I will be condemned, it is the most comfortable place and so the hen roosts, the gods deem it wise for a baby Eagle to learn to leave the mothers nest when it's has become a juvenile or it will starve, some people find it hard to lunch or experience failure to lunch, your home is good and comfortable and God has blessed it, so the birds will always come to perch, if you do have a single friend of similar age take her with your wife out and leave her alone with him, let them bond and become friends, he should make her cook and care for him as her skills of woman hood is possibly good, only then will her clock timing becomes synchronised, this will be your victory,
You must not have grey hairs before people will call you
"FATHER" it the way you touch lives of people you meet.

I need more orijin, and I miss my lady, I can still smell her perfume
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by harveyspec: 4:47am On Jun 02, 2018
alimaa:
i have not discussed it with my wife yet because i don't know how she would feel.

In my opinion, folks seeking for counsel should state their Age for the house to know how & what counsel to give!

i have gone through some of your posts, it has imaturity over it. I guess you are still young

firstly, what do you mean you don't know how your wife will feel about it? she is your wife, you ought to know how she responds to such things!

How does she relate with her siblings? Is she the type that carries their matter on her head?

the question that bugs me the most is

1.where you informed that her sister was coming over

2.If yes, what reason was given for her visit, was duration of stay stated?

you have to learn to establish boundries!!

what business does an outsider have with my matrimonial bed or even my room?
the only time an outsider can have access will be during emergency or illness.

for 6months you have had an issue & you haven't been able to discuss with your wife! you have a communication issue & of not fixed, other problems are coming

On another thread, you talked about how you became father Christmas to a church sister, rather than discuss it with your wife before & after being benevolent, you ran to WWW.

same thing is playing out here

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by hmuhammad(m): 4:53am On Jun 02, 2018
kimbraa:
so sense don finally fall on you, best advise
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by OvaSabi1(f): 4:56am On Jun 02, 2018
EkoErrands:

After I give you my own advice you won't believe I'm not yet married... grin

My brother when she enter una room and lay on the bed even when your wife dey there ...just go and take your bath and come in with only towel then remove the towel and start searching for your boxers in their presence ....

Out of the 2 one persons brain must reset.

This is the best advice

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Manihotspp: 5:07am On Jun 02, 2018
If their is no genuine reason for her stay,
KEEP DOING NORMAL TO THEM.
1:Just get a mini apartment outside.
2:keep off from home but don't let that stop your financial responsibility.
3:Call them to know their welfare but don't talk much,Keep telling them you'll come anytime.
Your wife will send her on parking by her self and look for ways to bring you home,if nothing happen soon,just know your wife is not who you should be with.
SIMPLE.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Pat081: 5:12am On Jun 02, 2018
Wot of her familyshe is single dnt mean dat she should nt hv boyfriend or man friendwot of her friendsdnt tell us dat non of her friends or family members dnt knw all dis and how many re dey in her family?how old is ur wife and her sister Anyway we re in half of d year she may go by ending of d month

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by justtruth88miSt(f): 5:14am On Jun 02, 2018
why did u allow her to visit ur family in the first
place since she doesn't want to go... cut all the the pleasure in the house and make her uncomfortable

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by kanubiafra: 5:15am On Jun 02, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
. Meaning what? No parents or what? Keep whining,don't act like a man.
THIS Comment From This Guy Is Where The Whole Truth Is Hidden. He Told Us Half Of The Story. It Only Shows They Are CoHabiting Not Married. How Can A Man Married Man Say He Does Not Know Any Of His In Laws To Talk To? It sounds

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by kanubiafra: 5:16am On Jun 02, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
. Meaning what? No parents or what? Keep whining,don't act like a man.
THIS Comment From This Guy Is Where The Whole Truth Is Hidden. He Told Us Half Of The Story. It Only Shows They Are CoHabiting Not Married. How Can A Man Married Man Say He Does Not Know Any Of His In Laws To Talk To? It sounds STRANGE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Travails Of Marrying Late / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / I Want To Leave My Wife For My Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.