Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,410 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out (38073 Views)

I Pay My Taxes, LASG After Me Because I Supported Peter Obi - Iyabo Ojo / “call Me Vampire” – Actress Iyabo Ojo Says As She Shares Lovely Photos / “Call Me Vampire” – Iyabo Ojo Says As She Shares Lovely Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 02, 2018
TheUbermensch:
And someone would ask why boys engage in internet fraud?

This is Nigeria..Everybody na criminal

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by livinbygrace: 4:17pm On Jun 02, 2018
adetoroamos:
I tell u my bro, imagine a printing company I just opened and they send a letter from local government for tax bill and PHCN give me 70k bill withing 2months and association is also billing me to pay certain amount of money. meeeeen am tired I wan blame myself gan cos I should have process Canada then.

And some mofos will sit at the comfort of their computer,castigating and condemning hursling boys.As far as Nigeria is concerned hardwork amount to zero except you are well connected .So all way na way,so far you dont carry gun

4 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by brodalokie: 4:17pm On Jun 02, 2018
Who tax you? We nor see anything yet o grin

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by ehardetola(m): 4:18pm On Jun 02, 2018
Newpride:
All good countries take tax, so tell me which country doesn’t take tax.

The only business that doesn’t pay tax in Nigeria is olosho..... sad
It’s advisable u go back to ur ashewo biz to u won’t pay tax.
U are even old self. shocked shocked

Talk true, if she open door for you would you enter and clean mouth
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by erico2k2(m): 4:19pm On Jun 02, 2018
fecta:
Beta stay in Nigeria because tax in the US is worse
Lie. taxes are higher in Nigeria than any western country

8 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by onatisi(m): 4:22pm On Jun 02, 2018
adetoroamos:
I tell u my bro, imagine a printing company I just opened and they send a letter from local government for tax bill and PHCN give me 70k bill withing 2months and association is also billing me to pay certain amount of money. meeeeen am tired I wan blame myself gan cos I should have process Canada then.
naija business climate is only good for hit and run business , bring in goods sell them off and take ur profit instantly . never try to open a business that needs power to operate, the cost of running the business alone will be killing when the cost of generator,fuel and power bills starts coming in. if you have invested the money in importation most likely you wont be complaining .

secondly , those who adviced you to start a business in nigeria and forgo the intention of going to canada are your worst enemies , i will avice you to steer clear of them .

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by RiyadhGoddess(f): 4:22pm On Jun 02, 2018

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by bobosydney: 4:25pm On Jun 02, 2018
Nigerians like to evade taxes and which countries that don’t pay tax . In Australia i do business and I paid 27 percent in taxes but if work I will pay 48 percent. Why you are shouting ?

5 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Fheelzz(m): 4:25pm On Jun 02, 2018
Mtcheew.

who she epp sef.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 02, 2018
RiyadhGoddess:
This is not encouraging at all. I'm planning to come to Nigeria to invest come November 2018 and all this tax things I'm hearing about is really scaring me. I saw iyabo ojo's rants on tax. I remembered one woman who operates a fast food also complained bitterly. The comments I read online are so scaring. Federal govt tax, state tax, local govt tax, phcn, association, town council etc. Abeg how much be the profit wey person go they pay all this heavy tax? How would one pay salaries after tax deduction? What about the rent?
All these are scaring and not an encouragement to small business owners.

Please I want to ask, what's the way out? My question is for those that have successfully managed a business for years. How have you been able to cope with all these charges abi tax? Can these charges be reduced or negotiated?

I don't want to waste money and then go back and start from the scratch again o. To dey wash bathroom and toilet no easy at all.
If Nigeria is not opened for small business owners, it's better I remain where I am and look for a home base business to do or better still gather all my earnings and relocate to canada than to come to Nigeria and dash govt and her associates all my earnings.
don't invest here I tell you, but if you can do hit and run as the guy above me said. don't ever try to invest in niaja at all as it's not encouraging

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by ready2learn: 4:26pm On Jun 02, 2018
Abeg, what line of business is she in?

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by rs172(m): 4:30pm On Jun 02, 2018
ehardetola:

If we all have same mind set like you, who will develop these our 9ja?

My friend widen your horizon, don't limit your self to Nigeria, you only live once enjoy the moment, you are not wiser or more patriotic than the politicians who have dual citizenship or have their family members in the western country.

To your post, we are different and we are not meant to reason the same, i believe in hard work and work smart, so in a situation the government of my country does not lay down the platform, i'll kindly migrate.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by rs172(m): 4:30pm On Jun 02, 2018
haryomikun:
And to you, your response makes sense abi?
Yes, it make sense to me.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by asawanathegreat(m): 4:31pm On Jun 02, 2018
So Wetin people like Dangote, Adenuga and ko go dey talk. Ibinabo find somewhere hide ur meat.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by onatisi(m): 4:32pm On Jun 02, 2018
RiyadhGoddess:
This is not encouraging at all. I'm planning to come to Nigeria to invest come November 2018 and all this tax things I'm hearing about is really scaring me. I saw iyabo ojo's rants on tax. I remembered one woman who operates a fast food also complained bitterly. The comments I read online are so scaring. Federal govt tax, state tax, local govt tax, phcn, association, town council etc. Abeg how much be the profit wey person go they pay all this heavy tax? How would one pay salaries after tax deduction? What about the rent?
All these are scaring and not an encouragement to small business owners.

Please I want to ask, what's the way out? My question is for those that have successfully managed a business for years. How have you been able to cope with all these charges abi tax? Can these charges be reduced or negotiated?

I don't want to waste money and then go back and start from the scratch again o. To dey wash bathroom and toilet no easy at all.
If Nigeria is not opened for small business owners, it's better I remain where I am and look for a home base business to do or better still gather all my earnings and relocate to canada than to come to Nigeria and dash govt and her associates all my earnings.
better stay where you are .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by bigpicture001: 4:33pm On Jun 02, 2018
...all sh need do is move away from lagos...the state govt has succeeded in setting up a non business friendly environment...all in d name of breaking records of IGR

6 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Benekruku(m): 4:33pm On Jun 02, 2018
obonujoker:
Lol... Try owning a primary school and see greater bills that does not commensurate with your earnings even after tax...

Buhari govt for you... Well if you like vote Buhari again....

5%

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by rs172(m): 4:34pm On Jun 02, 2018
onatisi:

naija business climate is only good for hit and run business , bring in goods sell them off and take ur profit instantly . never try to open a business that needs power to operate, the cost of running the business alone will be killing when the cost of generator,fuel and power bills starts coming in. if you have invested the money in importation most likely you wont be complaining .

secondly , those who adviced you to start a business in nigeria and forgo the intention of going to canada are your worst enemies , i will avice you to steer clear of them .

Onatisi i'm really really surprised ooo, no be you open one thread like that about earning 400k and traveling out, how far wetin make you change.

5 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Baroba(m): 4:35pm On Jun 02, 2018
erico2k2:

Lie. taxes are higher in Nigeria than any western country

Am not quite sure which one is higher since am not in Naija, but at least in western world you can see what your tax money is been used for..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 02, 2018
adetoroamos:
My guy go open your business jeje for another African country, that's if you are up for it, don't let Nigeria kill you o! Its not as if those foolish PHCN will even give you prepaid metre for your company o! I am sure estimated billing is the order of the day.

5 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 02, 2018
adetoroamos:

Please bro you made an honest mistake
I always tell.peooel when bigomey comes your way resist the temptation of day dreaming of driving a nice car, living in a nice area in Abuja or Lagos etc of living a better life so people can know you are doing okay, Nigeria is a.mirahe it will bankrupt you

Process documents with the money and relocate sharply, you will be better off !

Seevral years down the line if you had left Nigeria you and your family would be better off

Forget Nigeria it's a dead country

10 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by onatisi(m): 4:36pm On Jun 02, 2018
asawanathegreat:
So Wetin people like Dangote, Adenuga and ko go dey talk. Ibinabo find somewhere hide ur meat.
people like dangote and co are able to make it because they know how to bypass many things through their influence . if mtn shows you how much they spend on power and fuel alone , you will marvel , but that is why they cheat nigerians . dangote got many tax waivers and he is still getting many incentives , most of all those big men you see are on loans , loans they wont pay till they die . if you no sabi how ppl are surviving and you think you can survive by playing it correctly , that person will eventually go back to the village

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by tballeyy(m): 4:36pm On Jun 02, 2018
No customer again, what of Apostle suleimon. How market
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Originalsly: 4:37pm On Jun 02, 2018
adetoroamos:

Your fault....you should've known not to open business as a Nigerian. Why didn't you hire an American...White American to front your business? The same people taxing you out of business would've given you free land and set up infrastructure for your business.... give you tax free consessions...duty free consession to import whatever you like including cars... for yearssss...and provide the business with security.Not too late to reinvent yourself as a foreign investor...that would be a welcomed d3velopment....progress....getting up to world best practices..

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 02, 2018
asawanathegreat:
They all started with political funds and government Monopoly and manipulated laws

Understand this there a separate laws for the rich and poor in Nigeria

The rich aren't forced to pay taxes as often as the poor do

8 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 02, 2018
chuksjuve:
Doing business especially under this buhari is hell..

Shout out to all the legit hustlers out there who are still keeping it real despite the bad business environment ..

God bless our hustle

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by erico2k2(m): 4:39pm On Jun 02, 2018
Baroba:

Am not quite sure which one is higher since am not in Naija, but at least in western world you can see what your tax money is been used for..
Taxes are higher in 9ja than any western country

4 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by CodeBrain434939: 4:39pm On Jun 02, 2018
Programmer n Web Developer

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by erico2k2(m): 4:39pm On Jun 02, 2018
Lakeside79:

They all started with political funds and government Monopoly and manipulated laws

Understand this there a separate laws for the rich and poor in Nigeria

The rich aren't forced to pay taxes as often as the poor do
very correct
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by adollyboy(m): 4:39pm On Jun 02, 2018
Let her try other countries, she will know Nigeria is better in tax.tell her to dey" yi mo. Ayi mo o pa oloko"
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by obowunmi(m): 4:39pm On Jun 02, 2018
Pastor Suleiman isnt sending her any money?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Benson Idonije, Burna Boy’s Grandfather Who Used To Manage Fela / Osinachi’s Twin Cries At Sister’s Gravesite (Video) / Toolz And Tunde Demuren's Engagement Dinner (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.