Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,908 members, 7,835,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out (38080 Views)

I Pay My Taxes, LASG After Me Because I Supported Peter Obi - Iyabo Ojo / “call Me Vampire” – Actress Iyabo Ojo Says As She Shares Lovely Photos / “Call Me Vampire” – Iyabo Ojo Says As She Shares Lovely Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by erico2k2(m): 6:28pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=RiyadhGoddess post=68119074][/quote]
grin grin
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by charain: 6:29pm On Jun 02, 2018
TheUbermensch:
And someone would ask why boys engage in internet fraud?

FTC dedicated to my nigga Frank White. Frank White with the cocaina. Bless you bro.

adetoroamos:
I tell u my bro, imagine a printing company I just opened and they send a letter from local government for tax bill and PHCN give me 70k bill withing 2months and association is also billing me to pay certain amount of money. meeeeen am tired I wan blame myself gan cos I should have process Canada then.

modify:- with an half cord machine of #950k and #125k generator in a shop am paying #90k per year is one unfortunate guy here call obsolete printing press. if only he can show me his achievement in life then I will accept that I am wrong.

Wailers are complaining.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by charain: 6:31pm On Jun 02, 2018
Benekruku:
grin grin grin

Close your laps then cos that's the business center.

Trying to form businesswoman when we know the Koko
You must be quite dumb to think that prostitutes pay taxes.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Parisfran(f): 6:38pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=RiyadhGoddess post=68119041][/quote]

Before you start, just discuss with an Accountant.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by noskcid(m): 6:45pm On Jun 02, 2018
LEKKI LEKKI LEKKI LEKKI LEKKI
If you know you know grin
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by RiyadhGoddess(f): 6:54pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=Parisfran post=68117578]

It's not as bad as people are making it seem. The problem most people have is they dont want to pay for services.

In the US, even individuals pay accountants to help them with their taxes. The thing the tax authorities like here the most is actually an ignorant person, if you fall mugu ones, then that tax office will use you and meet target.
Another mistake is actually bribing them, if you do, they become more ludicrous.

Oh thanks
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by RiyadhGoddess(f): 6:55pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=Parisfran post=68119808]

Before you start, just discuss with an Accountant.

Yes I will. Thanks. I want to ask, are the accountant tax experts? Pardon my ignorance
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Parisfran(f): 7:03pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=RiyadhGoddess post=68120387][/quote]
Yes, you can engage an Accountant that knows about tax or a lawyer that knows about tax.

It's not expensive. Don't let them convince you that such things are only for "big men".

Know your way no be curse.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 02, 2018
bobosydney:
Nigerians like to evade taxes and which countries that don’t pay tax . In Australia i do business and I paid 27 percent in taxes but if work I will pay 48 percent. Why you are shouting ?

But you see the benefits of your taxes in Australia.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Enice(m): 7:20pm On Jun 02, 2018
obonujoker:
Lol... Try owning a primary school and see greater bills that does not commensurate with your earnings even after tax...

Buhari govt for you... Well if you like vote Buhari again....
rubbish talk. So Buhari introduced new taxes, when? You ignorant liers from the lying and people killing party PDP have started again. The only tax the FG collects is company tax and VAT. Personal income tax goes to the state of residence and rents goes to the LGA. Stop these lies, it does you no good.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 02, 2018
This is both an enlightening and depressing thread sad

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by sapeleboi(m): 7:26pm On Jun 02, 2018
so I should fry fufu
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Grupo(m): 7:27pm On Jun 02, 2018
EgunMogaji:
This is both an enlightening and depressing thread sad

Very depressing. Considering the fact that some of us had intended starting a business here. Oops. Maybe I just look for a way of getting out this country.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by onatisi(m): 7:29pm On Jun 02, 2018
Grupo:

Very depressing. Considering the fact that some of us had intended starting a business here. Oops. Maybe I just look for a way of getting out this country.
noooooo
dont let this thread discourage you ooo
you can start and see things for yourself
afterall life na risk grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Buffalowings3(m): 7:33pm On Jun 02, 2018
bobosydney:
Nigerians like to evade taxes and which countries that don’t pay tax . In Australia i do business and I paid 27 percent in taxes but if work I will pay 48 percent. Why you are shouting ?

if he sure for you come and do business here.
no be Buying and selling business o no be okrika business
No let me talk.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Grupo(m): 7:34pm On Jun 02, 2018
onatisi:
noooooo

Please, advise me bro. Sincere advice. As if you are talking to your own brother. Please, I'm confused right now. I don't know whether to stay or leave.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Buffalowings3(m): 7:37pm On Jun 02, 2018
onatisi:
noooooo

Hehe
my boss is an old rich man who recently came back to set up his busness

Two years on, the profit is so marginal... mind you he doesnt get paid

Im sure if he were to be a hustling guy , he would have left
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 02, 2018
Grupo:

I will still retire back home and start a business. But with my eyes wide open and an escape pod at the ready.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Neoteny(m): 7:44pm On Jun 02, 2018
I'm, not am

When will Nigerians ever learn english?

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by pyx: 7:45pm On Jun 02, 2018
Which business? She should be telling lies about that, as far as i know nigerians don't pay taxes at all. She can come here to the States to do her business and expect to sleep her way out of IRS. They all (actress) make people to believe the proceed from the business is what they spent lavishly, well madam no one will concur with you except the babies, simply tell us market is not as usual.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=RiyadhGoddess post=68120387][/quote]

Jarus
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by queenfav(f): 7:50pm On Jun 02, 2018
adetoroamos:
can u imagine my sis. But God they by my side cos I feel change since Monday cos I bid for a work and I win the contract. tnks so much
congrats oo
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by queenfav(f): 7:54pm On Jun 02, 2018
erico2k2:

That's the best way to deal with Nigeria. If not they will lick ur Sugars turn salt, U pay N70k in taxes only N5k goes to got account, Imagine dem billing me N600k in PHC for my house, just to build house oh from LGA.The other day some of them came to my Mrs Biz premises to collect something that got to do with Stamps in PHC, anyway, I called my SARS link, the rest was history.
lol.. Person eye need to string. Greater port Harcourt came to write "STOP WORK GPH" on our house. I just dey laugh them o. My hubby paid for town planning and other permits before building, now another one don come. Na to use paint cover am sure pass when we ready.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by queenfav(f): 7:55pm On Jun 02, 2018
erico2k2:

That's the best way to deal with Nigeria. If not they will lick ur Sugars turn salt, U pay N70k in taxes only N5k goes to got account, Imagine dem billing me N600k in PHC for my house, just to build house oh from LGA.The other day some of them came to my Mrs Biz premises to collect something that got to do with Stamps in PHC, anyway, I called my SARS link, the rest was history.
lol.. Person eye need to strong for Nigeria else dem go wreck you with pay pay. Greater port Harcourt came to write "STOP WORK GPH" on our house wall. They dropped letter asking us to pay N50, 000.I just dey laugh them o. My hubby paid for town planning and other permits before building, now another one don come. Na to use paint cover am sure pass when we ready.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Ugosample(m): 7:55pm On Jun 02, 2018
Na wa
can't they give someone tax holiday in that country called Nigeria?
To register your business, wahala
To run your business wahala
What kind of country does that?
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 02, 2018
fecta:
Beta stay in Nigeria because tax in the US is worse
Na lie, you pay as you earn, and someone would not just sit down and write you a tax bill, just because he needs money to marry more wives.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by RiyadhGoddess(f): 7:57pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=Parisfran post=68120609]
Yes, you can engage an Accountant that knows about tax or a lawyer that knows about tax.

It's not expensive. Don't let them convince you that such things are only for "big men".

Know your way no be curse.

Thanks I'm a bit relieve.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by RiyadhGoddess(f): 7:58pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=EgunMogaji post=68121168]This is both an enlightening and depressing thread sad

In fact eh, the thing just weak me since I opened this thread
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by RiyadhGoddess(f): 7:59pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=Grupo post=68121247]

Me too. It got me depressed

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by 400billionman: 8:01pm On Jun 02, 2018
RiyadhGoddess:
This is not encouraging at all. I'm planning to come to Nigeria to invest come November 2018 and all this tax things I'm hearing about is really scaring me. I saw iyabo ojo's rants on tax. I remembered one woman who operates a fast food also complained bitterly. The comments I read online are so scaring. Federal govt tax, state tax, local govt tax, phcn, association, town council etc. Abeg how much be the profit wey person go they pay all this heavy tax? How would one pay salaries after tax deduction? What about the rent?
All these are scaring and not an encouragement to small business owners.

Please I want to ask, what's the way out? My question is for those that have successfully managed a business for years. How have you been able to cope with all these charges abi tax? Can these charges be reduced or negotiated?

I don't want to waste money and then go back and start from the scratch again o. To dey wash bathroom and toilet no easy at all.
If Nigeria is not opened for small business owners, it's better I remain where I am and look for a home base business to do or better still gather all my earnings and relocate to canada than to come to Nigeria and dash govt and her associates all my earnings.
It is lack of information that keep people in the dark IF I tell you say that if you come from abroad with just 20million and the right info information you may not need to work again JUST investments ONLY that people with such knowledge do not share it for free
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by RiyadhGoddess(f): 8:01pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=onatisi post=68121293]noooooo

Well I will risk it. If it doesn't work out as expected, I will kukuma leave Nigeria again
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by 400billionman: 8:03pm On Jun 02, 2018
adetoroamos:
don't invest here I tell you, but if you can do hit and run as the guy above me said. don't ever try to invest in niaja at all as it's not encouraging
Nigeria is Bae

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh's son's award shows his surname has officially been changed to Dikeh / Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) / Tuface And Blackface Donate 500k To Idomas In Agatu (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.