Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out (38083 Views)

I Pay My Taxes, LASG After Me Because I Supported Peter Obi - Iyabo Ojo / “call Me Vampire” – Actress Iyabo Ojo Says As She Shares Lovely Photos / “Call Me Vampire” – Iyabo Ojo Says As She Shares Lovely Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by queenfav(f): 10:10pm On Jun 02, 2018
400billionman:
You are very wise
Thanks oga
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by queenfav(f): 10:11pm On Jun 02, 2018
adetoroamos:
tanks ooooo and how is business going on there in ph
It's going great.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by tonididdy(m): 10:12pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=RiyadhGoddess post=68124562][/quote]
benin city .
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Acidosis(m): 10:23pm On Jun 02, 2018
rs172:

Sheybi u wan develop naija... dey develop am na..
ahahahaha grin grin

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by aycorporat(m): 10:30pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=RiyadhGoddess post=68123747][/quote]
you can contact me for a considerable amount to purchase land here in Lagos after which you can resell. it's a good business as I've handled for most people abroad who don't even want family members to know
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by erico2k2(m): 11:29pm On Jun 02, 2018
pyx:
Which business? She should be telling lies about that, as far as i know nigerians don't pay taxes at all. She can come here to the States to do her business and expect to sleep her way out of IRS. They all (actress) make people to believe the proceed from the business is what they spent lavishly, well madam no one will concur with you except the babies, simply tell us market is not as usual.
We do not only pay taxes in Nigeria, we pay multiple taxes, the sure way nah to get one top military man as paddy or you are an influencial member of the ruling party in your LGA.if not your bills would be x3 of ur take home.Im talking frm xpirience.

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by erico2k2(m): 11:40pm On Jun 02, 2018
400billionman:
Haha haha bring home the 100million sir and you will be making Fifteen million yearly doing nothing
U know I have been reading your post, not once you have given any insight on what and how you tend to achieve taht ROI you are claiming,U know talk is cheap,Y not give us smthing tangeable to punder over, abi this your investment nor get name
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by erico2k2(m): 11:48pm On Jun 02, 2018
tonididdy:

my friend , I will advice you not to invest anything in Nigeria unless you want to go into the real estate business that is building and renting out houses anything else don't dare it since you are not in the country. If you can save up and build a 2bedroom flat into 4 or more units and put a family person in charge of enforcing rents are paid as at when due is the best and the rent goes straight to your account.

final.
wrong move, you will never get your money back in uilding and renting unless it was borrowed money not your physical cash. a 4x2 bed flat in high yield area may cost N600k/year max, now howmuch would such house cost to build? say N34 to N40m, minus land, howmany years are you going to wait b4 yu break even?
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by ovo12: 12:07am On Jun 03, 2018
fecta:
Beta stay in Nigeria because tax in the US is worse

Lies... no who tell u..
America na one of the best place 4
The world to do bizzness now
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by ovo12: 12:31am On Jun 03, 2018
[quote author=Virtualaccounts post=68116201]Nigeria tax rates are one of the lowest in the world. She needs a new tax consultant!

www.virtualaccountant.ng[/quote

That one na internet fees. No be real
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by loomer: 1:46am On Jun 03, 2018
fecta:
Beta stay in Nigeria because tax in the US is worse

at least them dey see wetin govt dey use the tax do
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Partnerbiz(f): 6:08am On Jun 03, 2018
queenfav:
Sorry bro. To solve your phcn issue, just close eye and buy a prepaid meter. That was the advise i was given and am glad i took it. I got mine for 20000 naira in Port Harcourt and i have peace. If I recharge 2000 naira, i use it d whole month (though, i don't run AC for long hours,only when i have special customers..lol).That's how i manage my life, else you will just be getting annoying phcn bill. Commercial tariff is higher, and estimated bill is always too outrageous . They cut the light of most of my shop neighbors. Some dey owe up to 200k.Imagine giving a tailor bill of 64000 for one month. He only has sewing machines, small tv and dvd. It's not like me that has a lot of energy sucking appliances (Dispenser, Ac, tv, stabilizers, hair straightener /curler etc). He is regretting not buying meter when i got mine. The issue can be annoying, but with prepaid meter you will have small peace of mind.

Hi queen,
Are individuals allowed to get prepaid meters?

And can the metre be removed upon relocation?

And how did you go about the installation and all that?
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Partnerbiz(f): 6:16am On Jun 03, 2018
Parisfran:

Bros, you can do business in Nigeria and actually pay very little if you do the right thing.
Yes our own tax rate is high at 30%, but I'm sure you've heard of tax planning before.

If it's so bad, how come people are actually getting richer while doing business in Nigeria. Do you know you can actually settle most issues with just a letter?

could you elucidate?
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by queenfav(f): 6:41am On Jun 03, 2018
Partnerbiz:

Hi queen,
Are individuals allowed to get prepaid meters?

And can the metre be removed upon relocation?

And how did you go about the installation and all that?
why not? That period we got for our house and my shop too. The one for my house was N50000 because the connection was 3 face, plus new registration of the account. Just go to Nepa office their staffs run this racket there. Though it's better to get someone a friend has used, because some can eat your money and you won't see meter. For my shop, it was all official. After two weeks of payment, their staff brought the meter to my shop and installed it. I just bought wire only and dashed them small thing for beer. You can't carry the meter when relocating because the meter has a number and it's registered to that location /address. It won't work elsewhere. I have an agreement with my shop landlady that the next person renting after me will reimburse me fully for the meter.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by SSpeter(m): 6:48am On Jun 03, 2018
adetoroamos:
I tell u my bro, imagine a printing company I just opened and they send a letter from local government for tax bill and PHCN give me 70k bill withing 2months and association is also billing me to pay certain amount of money. meeeeen am tired I wan blame myself gan cos I should have process Canada then.

modify:- with an half cord machine of #950k and #125k generator in a shop am paying #90k per year is one unfortunate guy here call obsolete printing press. if only he can show me his achievement in life then I will accept that I am wrong.
that is enough reason to respect the igbos doing business all over Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by obonujoker(m): 7:32am On Jun 03, 2018
Enice:
rubbish talk. So Buhari introduced new taxes, when? You ignorant liers from the lying and people killing party PDP have started again. The only tax the FG collects is company tax and VAT. Personal income tax goes to the state of residence and rents goes to the LGA. Stop these lies, it does you no good.

Lolsss... the bulk stops at Buhari's table...
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Neoteny(m): 7:44am On Jun 03, 2018
[quote author=RiyadhGoddess post=68124488][/quote]

And the same to you ma'am.

Fukk you and have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Partnerbiz(f): 7:59am On Jun 03, 2018
queenfav:
why not? That period we got for our house and my shop too. The one for my house was N50000 because the connection was 3 face, plus new registration of the account. Just go to Nepa office their staffs run this racket there. Though it's better to get someone a friend has used, because some can eat your money and you won't see meter. For my shop, it was all official. After two weeks of payment, their staff brought the meter to my shop and installed it. I just bought wire only and dashed them small thing for beer. You can't carry the meter when relocating because the meter has a number and it's registered to that location /address. It won't work elsewhere. I have an agreement with my shop landlady that the next person renting after me will reimburse me fully for the meter.
Daalu queen
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Enice(m): 8:19am On Jun 03, 2018
obonujoker:

Lolsss... the bulk stops at Buhari's table...
did Buhari make the law? These laws have been in existence since independences and Buhari can do nothing about them.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 03, 2018
SSpeter:
that is enough reason to respect the igbos doing business all over Nigeria
is not all Igbo that have legit business, the guy wey I buy my generator for him shop is a G... and I also have a G guy here that get big electronics shop for alaba market and most cases you guys robbed to support ur business. here in our area we count any Igbo business man as a former robbery cos that's what they do before u guy open any business
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by tonididdy(m): 8:36am On Jun 03, 2018
erico2k2:

wrong move, you will never get your money back in uilding and renting unless it was borrowed money not your physical cash. a 4x2 bed flat in high yield area may cost N600k/year max, now howmuch would such house cost to build? say N34 to N40m, minus land, howmany years are you going to wait b4 yu break even?

oga the idea of going into the real estate business is not one of quick cash unless you are willing to build and sell immediately. If you want a steady inflow of uninterrupted income is when you build to depend on rent.

You make mention of building a house for 40m , do you realise that same house can be built for 40m and sold immediately for 50-55m

so the idea behind building a house for rent or sale is of two choices.
-long time investment with uninterrupted income
-or instant profit although in some cases takes time to sell a house.

so do not get me wrong. imagine a 4x2 Bedfont as you said built into 10 units. That 6million annually. It's not an instant get rich venture , it's to keep the income coming in and for RiyadhGoddess it is the best business to venture into and she won't have to relocate to Nigeria.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by erico2k2(m): 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2018
tonididdy:

oga the idea of going into the real estate business is not one of quick cash unless you are willing to build and sell immediately. If you want a steady inflow of uninterrupted income is when you build to depend on rent.

You make mention of building a house for 40m , do you realise that same house can be built for 40m and sold immediately for 50-55m

so the idea behind building a house for rent or sale is of two choices.
-long time investment with uninterrupted income
-or instant profit although in some cases takes time to sell a house.

so do not get me wrong. imagine a 4x2 Bedfont as you said built into 10 units. That 6million annually. It's not an instant get rich venture , it's to keep the income coming in and for RiyadhGoddess it is the best business to venture into and she won't have to relocate to Nigeria.
You seem to retract from your ealier submision,you said build and rent not build and sell,I was attacking ur notion of build to rent hence I said it was rubish.Im not against build to sell rather your build to rent suggestion which I though was c=rubish!and this is a statement of fact.
To build and rent in Nigeria you might not live to begine recieving profit.The only way round that is free up equity in your built house for its true value for say after 10 years or at any term your bank agrees with you.Regards steady Income from house built waht do you mean by that? are you calling your capital as Income? or you adding profit on top of that?
if the lata was what you meant well its safe for me to say I wil keep my 40m in the bank and invest it in something else and get quick ROI.
Building and collecting rent is a no win biz in nigeria as there is no respective legislature to protect both parties ie tennants and landlord.I rather invest my money in pre ordered cars or import things that people cannot and could never do without in Nigeria and trust me there are a huge list to chose from,One just have to do due research and be on ground to know how to go about this cos loads of people just come on line to talk when in reality they do not have even 1% of such funds to add,it pays to stick ur money where ur mouth is then we know you mean business.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by tonididdy(m): 2:42pm On Jun 03, 2018
erico2k2:

You seem to retract from your ealier submision,you said build and rent not build and sell,I was attacking ur notion of build to rent hence I said it was rubish.Im not against build to sell rather your build to rent suggestion which I though was c=rubish!and this is a statement of fact.
To build and rent in Nigeria you might not live to begine recieving profit.The only way round that is free up equity in your built house for its true value for say after 10 years or at any term your bank agrees with you.Regards steady Income from house built waht do you mean by that? are you calling your capital as Income? or you adding profit on top of that?
if the lata was what you meant well its safe for me to say I wil keep my 40m in the bank and invest it in something else and get quick ROI.
Building and collecting rent is a no win biz in nigeria as there is no respective legislature to protect both parties ie tennants and landlord.I rather invest my money in pre ordered cars or import things that people cannot and could never do without in Nigeria and trust me there are a huge list to chose from,One just have to do due research and be on ground to know how to go about this cos loads of people just come on line to talk when in reality they do not have even 1% of such funds to add,it pays to stick ur money where ur mouth is then we know you mean business.
Ok you made a point
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by onatisi(m): 7:13am On Jun 04, 2018
Having solid assets like real estate is a good idea but not for quick financial return. It is good to just have it and let it mature . The least period of maturity before any profit is likely to be 10yrs if one is renting it out.
But it seems agric too is a vialble sector to invest in
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by SSpeter(m): 7:50am On Jun 09, 2018
adetoroamos:
is not all Igbo that have legit business, the guy wey I buy my generator for him shop is a G... and I also have a G guy here that get big electronics shop for alaba market and most cases you guys robbed to support ur business. here in our area we count any Igbo business man as a former robbery cos that's what they do before u guy open any business
wailing is a TM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ladies Are Rubbing Kcee's Backside On Stage (photos) / Toke Makinwa Stuns In White Gown At Gtbank Fashion Cocktail In Lagos(photos) / Rita Dominic, Ini Edo, Uche Jombo, Dakore Akande Dance At Kate Henshaw's Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.