Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out (38079 Views)

I Pay My Taxes, LASG After Me Because I Supported Peter Obi - Iyabo Ojo / “call Me Vampire” – Actress Iyabo Ojo Says As She Shares Lovely Photos / “Call Me Vampire” – Iyabo Ojo Says As She Shares Lovely Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by RiyadhGoddess(f): 8:06pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=Neoteny post=68121719]I'm, not am

When will Nigerians ever learn english?

Se oro oyinbo la so ni abi bi ilu ase da fun awa ti a fe da ile ise kekere si orilede nigeria
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by GILOSKY(m): 8:07pm On Jun 02, 2018
Nigeria is not encouraging at all and later at d end of d day u will only b painted with a lazy youth.... Hmmm may God help us sha
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by RiyadhGoddess(f): 8:11pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=400billionman post=68122189]It is lack of information that keep people in the dark IF I tell you say that if you come from abroad with just 20million and the right info information you may not need to work again JUST investments ONLY that people with such knowledge do not share it for free

Tell me more
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=RiyadhGoddess post=68122123][/quote]

I will advice you though that you should follow your dream but do your own individual due diligence.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 02, 2018
FX:
Omo you are scaring people from their home land
You can't blame him , blame the clueless countries that open their border for people who can't build a livable society themselves to come in.

If Nigeria is not working then we are all part of the problem.

Even in western countries they believe any business that can make it past 5th anniversary has come to stay.

What does that mean? New businesses find it hard to survive.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Ugosample(m): 8:15pm On Jun 02, 2018
Lakeside79:

Please bro you made an honest mistake
I always tell.peooel when bigomey comes your way resist the temptation of day dreaming of driving a nice car, living in a nice area in Abuja or Lagos etc of living a better life so people can know you are doing okay, Nigeria is a.mirahe it will bankrupt you

Process documents with the money and relocate sharply, you will be better off !

Seevral years down the line if you had left Nigeria you and your family would be better off

Forget Nigeria it's a dead country

LMAO

bobo yii ti para grin
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Ugosample(m): 8:17pm On Jun 02, 2018
Netanyahu1:
You can't blame him , blame the clueless countries that open their border for people who can't build a livable society themselves to come in.

If Nigeria is not working then we are all part of the problem.

What's this one saying

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 02, 2018
Ugosample:

What's this one saying
Exactly what I'm saying . You too wants to migrate . Of what importance would you be to a western nation if you can't even understand simple statement?
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 02, 2018
queenfav:
congrats oo
tanks ooooo and how is business going on there in ph
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Ugosample(m): 8:24pm On Jun 02, 2018
Netanyahu1:
Exactly what I'm saying . You too wants to migrate . Of what importance would you be to a western nation if you can't even understand simple statement?

the joke's on you

Me I don already establish myself elsewhere
I only live six months max in Nigeria.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by 400billionman: 8:26pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=RiyadhGoddess post=68122473][/quote] grin grin I am an investor A financial advisor A business Strategist A retired Banker A trader So if you are coming from abroad with just 20 million to 50million contact me We sign a legal agreement before a court to manage your resources for 10 years in your own name MY charges is only 20percent of profit Your Capital can only increase it will never decrease Because if I don't make profit for you I get nothing
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Ugosample(m): 8:29pm On Jun 02, 2018
onatisi:

Baba, thank God that you noticed i have changed , i was once a fanatic over zealous supporter of people staying in nigeria and investing their travel funds in nigeria. but when naija showed me its true color , dem no dey teach person before i packed my bags , i am not ashamed to say it that i wasted funds trying to believe in nigeria and there are many people like me too.
now i keep telling people , if you have the chance of leaving naija , leave the place . except maybe if you have a very very good job of about 200k a month or above then it is worth it to stay

till the person lose the job and know that the person has been living in a bubble

So many that lost their jobs in 2015/16 are still struggling and living from hand to mouth.
NBS said by itself that 4 m jobs plus have been lost under this idiot we call president, and yet many victims of his misadministration will still be shouting sai bana due to tribal or religious sentiment grin

Stockholm syndrome at its peak cheesy grin

Nigeria is really rough at the moment

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Ugosample(m): 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2018
FX:

he's saying it as it is
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 02, 2018
Ugosample:

the joke's on you

Me I don already establish myself elsewhere
I only live six months max in Nigeria.

Good for Nigeria, please stay there permanently, I believe one dat we will get rid of all those who don't believe in Nigeria so we can start building a nation . let me get busy and find my naija jersey to buy jare.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by 400billionman: 8:40pm On Jun 02, 2018
onatisi:

so after all your toiling day and night ,in the cold and bad weather , if you are able to save up to 100million , you will come and invest it nigeria? can you invest your life savings in nigeria , be honest with yourself
Haha haha bring home the 100million sir and you will be making Fifteen million yearly doing nothing
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by teemy(m): 8:44pm On Jun 02, 2018
Last spring Quezada drew the winning ticket worth $338.3million. It’s the fourth-largest jackpot in Powerball history. After taxes Quezada received a check for $152million.

http://tomblaize..com/2013/11/ex-girlfriend-sues-338m-lotto-winner.html?m=1
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by onatisi(m): 8:45pm On Jun 02, 2018
very tough baba mi
Ugosample:

till the person lose the job and know that the person has been living in a bubble

So many that lost their jobs in 2015/16 are still struggling and living from hand to mouth.
NBS said by itself that 4 m jobs plus have been lost under this idiot we call president, and yet many victims of his misadministration will still be shouting sai bana due to tribal or religious sentiment grin

Stockholm syndrome at its peak cheesy grin

Nigeria is really rough at the moment
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Tedassie(m): 8:46pm On Jun 02, 2018
In the next 3 to 4yrs,the type of business majority of Nigerians will engage in is Network Marketing. Wanna know why?

inbox me
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by tonididdy(m): 8:46pm On Jun 02, 2018
RiyadhGoddess:
This is not encouraging at all. I'm planning to come to Nigeria to invest come November 2018 and all this tax things I'm hearing about is really scaring me. I saw iyabo ojo's rants on tax. I remembered one woman who operates a fast food also complained bitterly. The comments I read online are so scaring. Federal govt tax, state tax, local govt tax, phcn, association, town council etc. Abeg how much be the profit wey person go they pay all this heavy tax? How would one pay salaries after tax deduction? What about the rent?
All these are scaring and not an encouragement to small business owners.

Please I want to ask, what's the way out? My question is for those that have successfully managed a business for years. How have you been able to cope with all these charges abi tax? Can these charges be reduced or negotiated?

I don't want to waste money and then go back and start from the scratch again o. To dey wash bathroom and toilet no easy at all.
If Nigeria is not opened for small business owners, it's better I remain where I am and look for a home base business to do or better still gather all my earnings and relocate to canada than to come to Nigeria and dash govt and her associates all my earnings.

my friend , I will advice you not to invest anything in Nigeria unless you want to go into the real estate business that is building and renting out houses anything else don't dare it since you are not in the country. If you can save up and build a 2bedroom flat into 4 or more units and put a family person in charge of enforcing rents are paid as at when due is the best and the rent goes straight to your account.

final.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by RiyadhGoddess(f): 8:47pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=EgunMogaji post=68122509]

I will advice you though that you should follow your dream but do your own individual due diligence.

Thanks I will

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by RiyadhGoddess(f): 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=tonididdy post=68123626]

my friend , I will advice you not to invest anything in Nigeria unless you want to go into the real estate business that is building and renting out houses anything else don't dare it since you are not in the country. If you can save up and build a 2bedroom flat into 4 or more units and put a family person in charge of enforcing rents are paid as at when due is the best and the rent goes straight to your account.

final.

Unfortunately I don't have enough to acquire a land and build.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by tonididdy(m): 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2018
bobosydney:
Nigerians like to evade taxes and which countries that don’t pay tax . In Australia i do business and I paid 27 percent in taxes but if work I will pay 48 percent. Why you are shouting ?
you just want tell us say u dey Australia or what...How can you compare your pay with the Nigerian salary?

50% tax out of your Australian salary and you are still a big boy in Nigeria.

I know not all businesses pay tax in Nigeria but the ones that pay should not be over taxed.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by tonididdy(m): 8:54pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=RiyadhGoddess post=68123747][/quote]

you can start to work on this path now...Don't give up on your present hustle for a return to Nigeria, the conditions are not favorable at the moment.

Don't go to Naija and start little after all your years of hardwork overseas. belive me that is the only thing you can invest in naija with rest of mind
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by RiyadhGoddess(f): 8:56pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=400billionman post=68122926] grin grin I am an investor A financial advisor A business Strategist A retired Banker A trader So if you are coming from abroad with just 20 million to 50million contact me We sign a legal agreement before a court to manage your resources for 10 years in your own name MY charges is only 20percent of profit Your Capital can only increase it will never decrease Because if I don't make profit for you I get nothing

20 - 50 million naira? It took me 4 years to save 6 million naira. It will take me another 20 plus years to save up the figures you mentioned above.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by RiyadhGoddess(f): 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=tonididdy post=68123845]

you can start to work on this path now...Don't give up on your present hustle for a return to Nigeria, the conditions are not favorable at the moment.

Don't go to Naija and start little after all your years of hardwork overseas. belive me that is the only thing you can invest in naija with rest of mind

Uhmm
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by 400billionman: 9:03pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=RiyadhGoddess post=68123905][/quote]Make it Ten million then we go
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by tonididdy(m): 9:07pm On Jun 02, 2018
FX:

just last week my gf said people(nigerians) were fighting in abuja at the embassy on who is in front or behind who on a queue to get a certain country visa and then the security came in and was dragging them out...These two guys suddenly changed the script, one was crying and begging and the other was begging and ran to hug the guy he was just fighting with...then I knew Naija is done for.

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by 400billionman: 9:09pm On Jun 02, 2018
queenfav:
Lol @ To dey wash bathroom and toilet no easy at all.
Stay where u dey o.. Uhmm! Nigeria will frustrate your efforts to run a business. I know that first hand. Personally i don't pay tax. My business name is registered, but i don't even have a corporate account. I don't like stress at all biko. Even P. O. S, i no do o. My customers do bank transfer to me.My saving grace is that my shop is in a Police Officer's wives association plaza. Nobody like council or local government comes there to bill us. Even signboard fees people usually pay, i didn't pay a dime because that plaza has immunity from such bills. Since i paid my rent, the only thing i do is just buy my phed unit of N2000, do gotv subscription N1900 and am good to go for the month. Another thing that helps is to buy a prepaid meter. A nepa staff that buys hair from me gave me that advice. Those that are waiting for free one have already incurred bill that's times two or more of what they wud av used in buying a meter. I got mine 20000 and i thank God daily because nothing concerns me and phed again. If I exhaust my unit and decide to stay in darkness, nobody would harass me. Just do your due diligence well before moving to Nigeria to set up a business, it's just God that has been favoring me so far.
You are very wise
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by tonididdy(m): 9:10pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=RiyadhGoddess post=68123905][/quote]

with 6million you can get two units of 2bedroom flats with land built from scratch to finish.

A unit cost between 180-220k annually when rented out.
Please do not do business ...
Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by Neoteny(m): 9:16pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=RiyadhGoddess post=68122334][/quote]

Speak english you damn fool

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by RiyadhGoddess(f): 9:19pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=Neoteny post=68124394]

Speak english you damn fool

Ode eleribu somebori

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Says She’s Done With Business In Nigeria, As Taxes/bills Knock Her Out by RiyadhGoddess(f): 9:22pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=tonididdy post=68124239]

with 6million you can get two units of 2bedroom flats with land built from scratch to finish.

A unit cost between 180-220k annually when rented out.
Please do not do business ...

In which location?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chiamaka Nwafor 18th Birthday: Regina Chukwu's Daughter Turns 18 / Tonto Dikeh's son's award shows his surname has officially been changed to Dikeh / Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.