Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,424 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. (66993 Views)

The Lady I Wanted To Marry Pretended To Be A Graduate To Me / Man Proposes To Girlfriend Who Is A Single Mother & Also To Her Daughter / A Man I Considered A Friend Wanted To Have Sex With Me - Lady Cries Out (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by 1x2x3: 10:42am On Jun 03, 2018
oloriLFC:
it doesnt even matter if the guy doesn't have a dime. does it mean she can only listen 2 him if he has money? a lot of us females get it wrong in relatnshps cos of li2 things. You dnt hav 2 be married 2 her b4 u can ask her questns, once u aren't too possessive and frm ur comments here, u are not. I guess d lady wanted her freedom and she now has it, no wahala. i just smh at some ladies sha

My dear I'm confused as to what she wants. When we started this relationship I gave her freedom. I don't even worry if she wants to go anywhere then she started complaining that I don't care, that I don't even get jealous when she tells me a man is disturbing her....... We actually quarrel over it and settled. Now it's the very first time I objected and she went all out saying things. If she needed freedom I don't know why she complained initially about me giving her all the freedom.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by CecyAdrian(f): 10:42am On Jun 03, 2018
fumisko:
You right. Then he should go for the younger one that would say yes sir to every little thing.

So dear OP re-channel your attraction to ladies the age you would be able to head or lord over at least. But I doubt u Wld b able to work well with a mature lady that wants to be like a partner or sort of equals or sort of we are both in this together approach.

But truth is most times when u treat a GOOD lady like this, a good lady ba, she Wld naturally respect u, yes she may stil be stubborn once in a while because we are all humans and get naughty once in a while. But in general, she would be respectful, loyal and be there for u always.

You couldn't have said it any better! True talk

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by AreaFada2: 10:43am On Jun 03, 2018
The way people still use church-going to assume someone is responsible is laughable. In my observation all types of very bad people are the majority in churches.

Hoes, kidnappers, yahoo yahoo, armed robbers, corrupt politicians/officers and all manners are there.

OP you're very lucky you found out so soon. Or you would have helped her train her child and she'd have frustrated you and move on.

In any case she has at least one other guy already.

All the stories she told you about her ex and circumstances is probably a complete lie. grin cheesy

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by oloriLFC(f): 10:46am On Jun 03, 2018
1x2x3:

My dear I'm confused as to what she wants. When we started this relationship I gave her freedoms and I don't even worry if she wants to go anywhere then she started complaining that I don't care, that I don't even get jealous when she tells me a man is disturbing her....... We actually quarrel over it and settled. Now it's the very first time I objected and she went all out saying things. If she needed freedom I don't know why she complained initially about me giving her all the freedom.
Just Move On, her eyes go soon open. some ladies don't learn once but will later be the ones crying "men are this, men are that".

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by Tallesty1(m): 10:46am On Jun 03, 2018
makydebbie:
Don't mind such people or bother quoting them.

If I was a guy, I'll rather go for a single mum than someone who has done countless abortions. The joke is on them.
They're not the only available options ni. There are girls out there who are not baby mamas and have not done any abortion so we go for them instead.

You young ladies clearly don't understand the problems that are associated with marrying a single a parent.

Single parents tend to love the child they had for that other person more than the ones they will have with you because the see that child as a consolation for all the things s/he passed through in the hands of the other person

This creates division among children and causes frequent misunderstanding between the couple too.

I'm not generalizing though but we need to accept the reality.

10 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by fumisko(f): 10:47am On Jun 03, 2018
She probably has someone else. For her to be secretive about it���

gidjah:
Are u sure she has no one else she is seeing ,this one she went to Abuja and suddenly became irrational and rude?I doubt if she hasn't been double dating bros,most of this single ladies have character problem o.you should have called at least two of her siblings by force immediately she disobeyed u by going to Abuja,u sef dull small guy,at your age, u need to start modifying you introvert nature,I am a teacher,a minister and a counselor yet a core introvert,pls start modification process ASAP,God bless U

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by ItzBIM(m): 10:48am On Jun 03, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

Yea, we all criticising him are all single mothers. Like me that just quoted you.

You would prefer that everyone be a sheep and not use their brain.
Gay feminist spotted.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by thaprofit88: 10:48am On Jun 03, 2018
Hector09:
u are mistaking cus i cant tolarate any lady

Which means u are unable to take RESPONSIBILITY!!!
in that area. Which was what day dude was earlier trying to tell u.
Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by mkoabiola: 10:49am On Jun 03, 2018
This is isolated case

She has d attitude not cos she is/was a single mother but for who she is

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by agarawu23(m): 10:55am On Jun 03, 2018
Not all single mothers have bad attitudes sha, we have some of them that are unlucky.

They got tricked used and dumped by a guy who isn't ready to take responsibility.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by ItzBIM(m): 10:56am On Jun 03, 2018
Tallesty1:
They're not the only available options ni. There are girls out there who are not baby mamas and have not done any abortion so we go for them instead.

You young ladies clearly don't understand the problems that are associated with marrying a single a parent.

Single parents tend to love the child they had for that other person more than the ones they will have with you because the see that child as a consolation for all the things s/he passed through in the hands of the other person

This creates division among children and causes frequent misunderstanding between the couple too.

I'm not generalizing though but we need to accept the reality.
Bro this is so accurate. I’m a living witness. Men should ask themselves can they cope with their wife loving someone else’s child more that their own.
Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 03, 2018
Unfortunately most ladies want a guy they can control
1x2x3:
I'm sorry I'm saying this and it hurts my heart to agree with the warnings of marrying a single mother. I'm not the best writer but I will try to narrate my experience and findings.

First of all I would like to point out that there are very few single mothers who can make a good wife while majority of them will ruin you and make your life miserable if caution is not taken.

I've been dating a single mother of a 5 years old boy for about a year and half she is 30 and never been married. I wouldn't just jump into such relationship but for the fact she is someone I knew back in my School days however, we lost contact for about 10 years before we met again and I kind of understood the story she told me and the circumstances she had the child (Till date I didn't bother verifying her story of course I don't care).

We dated for about a year and she got talking with a few of my friends and sibling but the striking thing is she is yet to introduce me to any of her friends or siblings even though I knew she have many siblings and some friends (I did question her about this and she said she doesn't have someone she can really call a friend).

Looking at the kind of reserved life she lives I felt this could be normal but still something kept telling me there's more to these whole pretentious reserved life because I'm introverted and can easily figure out who's pretending to be one. Mind you, she is the church going type who prays and wants my well being yet I could still figure out there is something not clear thus my reason for taking my time to propose to her. This is actually not my fault as there is no way I can figure out who she is unless through someone close to her.

About 6 months ago a pastor that is yet to meet her in person told me that if I marry her I will end up divorcing but being the doubting Thomas type I gave no ear to whatever the pastor has to say until recently when something unfolded.

She lives 3 hrs drive away and comes visiting most of the weekend. Here is the major problem which I must admit I'm at fault but I thank God I was at fault because it paved way for the revelation. Throughout the time we've been dating I only visited her once which she complained about, I wasn't just too comfortable going there to spend time and do certain things (I didn't just find this right but I'm very much comfortable if she visits alone or with the kid). She complained a few times about me not visiting until 2 weeks ago she told me she was traveling to Abuja.
I inquired about her reasons of traveling and she said she needed to rest since she's on leave (Redflag). Her reasons didn't sound logical so I objected, I told her I wasn't comfortable with her traveling, she kept insisting and she jokingly said she will go and face the consequences when she returns. We talked about this for days and she eventually went against all odds and traveled.
On getting to Abuja she started acting funny like not taking calls or calling and when she finally returned my call I told her not to call me until she is back from her trip (I needed to avoid unnecessary worries)

She returned after 4 days and called knowing fully well we've got issues to thrash. She started complaining I don't give her attention as much as she wants (she seems not to be able to deal with my introverted person anymore). The ranting was becoming rude, sounding like a different person from whom I thought I knew. We got to a heated point I had to ask for any of her siblings number, she immediately became defensive and threatened that if I dare contact any of her siblings (7 of them) that I won't like the outcome shocked shocked shocked. It occurred to me she isn't in good relationship with any of her siblings even though they talk sometimes. She just doesn't want me to contact anyone. Out of her rudeness I asked her if she is ready to be under a man since she has brought up marriage issues on few occasions. She said she isn't ready to tolerate bulllshitt of men shocked shocked afterall she has a child, marriage is about children and if things aren't working in a marriage everyone can find their way shocked shocked shocked. The pastor's words occurred to me instantly. I took about 2 hours telling her how much she needs to adjust and understand she isn't supposed to tuzzle with a man else it will be hard for things to work in a home.

She said so many unimaginable things that it dawned to me she was pretending to be nice all these while. She said she wants a man that can take alll she does, I then asked her if she is ready to take all a man does she said no and I told her to look for a man and pay his groom price since she wants a man she can control.

Still scary to me she pretended all these while, going to church and acting very responsible hoping I marry her which I genuinely had intentions to but for the fact something kept telling me I needed more time to know her.

At the end its obvious she is used to being a single mother and if she divorces tomorrow it will be nothing new to her.

Guys make sure you scrutinize that single mother before you jump in. There's a reason she's single and in her 30's.
I found out she's not in good terms with her siblings because she doesn't like taking orders or listening to advice. They've talked to her about being rude and disrespectful but rather than listen she drew bad blood between her and all her siblings.
Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by front2line: 11:04am On Jun 03, 2018
Nnemuka:
This op is yet to recover from heart break. grin
You will be in my prayers today...
The single mum will still remarry, she already told you to carry your patriarchy and get lost. Involving her family in little misunderstanding speaks volume of your kind of person.

Resolve issues with her without involving her people. Ordinary boyfriend, imagine what will happen if she marries your type. Little argument u may involve your community.
Now that you brought the issue here nko what did u achieve? Mtcheww

Kudos to men who don't take BS from any female.

What is there to resolve with a girl that went to Abuja n answering call becomes heavy laden ? Exposing the foolishness of many girls with such sickening altitude is an achievement am sure the guy will be satisfied with.

Also the dude will not marry bcoz he escaped from the clutches of a pretentious single mother ba ?

Wake up when u done jonzing.

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by 2016v2017: 11:05am On Jun 03, 2018
Netanyahu1:
Op. I understand the single mother aspect. I have come to realize that 80% of all single mothers have one of two problems. Its either that they are totally dull about everything in life to the extent that no man is interested in managing their intellectual deficiency, or they are outrightly wayward to the extent that no man wants to be a party to their stupid ideology about what a marital union should look like.

In your own case , however, you just dodged a bullet. As far as "Nigeria" is concerned , church is where you find the most useless and heartless con artists, starting from the pastor, therefore , the combination of a single mother you met in church is equal to natural disaster .

Again op. You just dodged a bullet. If I were you I will be dancing like David for this new life god has given you.I mean the real God and not the god of Nigerian pastors.
Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by pedrilo: 11:06am On Jun 03, 2018
amajato:
Vacancy!!!

If you are a resident in Benin and ready to work in a British school, then send a pm.

Qualifications. HND, B.Sc, B.Ed, M.Ed, M.Sc.

1. English language
2. Physics
3. Chemistry
4. French
5. Edo language ( benin)
6. Phonetics

Note: you must be a computer literate and you must have your personal laptop with at least 2 years teaching experience
stop posting dis nonsense everywhere.
Go make provisions for laptops that ur teachers will use. What a mushroom British sch.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by openmine(m): 11:07am On Jun 03, 2018
1x2x3:

If she's here she won't even be able to defend herself the way you did. I'm not a church goer and I don't listen to bulllshitt prophecies. The pastor told me randomly when I went to dropped off his church member. What am I to do when we hit a brick wall while arguing for days? Sometimes you get in someone who you know she respects.... She has done the same in the past when she offended me bitterly. She involved a friend of mine she talks to, now I need someone to talk to her but there is absolutely no one close to her
bro don't mind the ladies defending that woman....double standard and playing the victim card has always been a necessary weapon for some ladies who want to see one side of the story just to buttress their misplaced narrative!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by MaziOmenuko: 11:07am On Jun 03, 2018
PearlStreet:

Single mothers and some pussy-niggers with a warped sense of reasoning.

ItzBIM:

Gay feminist spotted.

Lol...your ignorance is forgiven. Be thankful that I am in a jolly mood this hour.

Go back sin no more.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by Tallesty1(m): 11:08am On Jun 03, 2018
ItzBIM:

Bro this is so accurate. I’m a living witness. Men should ask themselves can they cope with their wife loving someone else’s child more that their own.
I grew up with a woman who already has a child before marrying a man who also has a child.

Everyone would think they will come together as one family, have a child or two to strengthen their union and then live happily after since they both have similar story but the reverse was the case.

Everybody was busy loving the other child and the one they had together lived like a stranger in his father's house.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by tartarus(m): 11:08am On Jun 03, 2018
Yet another stooopid thread on nairaland! Nairaland is a gathering for stoooopid people! Yesterday, a fo.ol made a thread about how to identify a lesbian, today another chap makes a thread about how single mothers are some kinda "disease" just cos his relationship with ONE didn't work cos she wasn't even ready for marriage! Smh undecided

I'm sure if she was a white single mother you'd marry her. We Nigerian men need to do better!

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by amajato: 11:10am On Jun 03, 2018
pedrilo:
stop posting dis nonsense everywhere.
Go make provisions for laptops that ur teachers will use. What a mushroom British sch.
lazy Nigerian youth
Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 03, 2018
If her name is Gloria contact me I'll tel u what you need to hear
Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by pedrilo: 11:18am On Jun 03, 2018
justcallbuki:
she is hurting and needs help,help her if you so love her.........all what she said was out if annoyance.
u dnt marry because u want to help ur partner. That is pity induced marriage. Never ever do that ok
Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 03, 2018
mkoabiola:
This is isolated case

She has d attitude not cos she is/was a single mother but for who she is
no I disagree cause situations change people . a good girl can change when depressed about a situation I think marrying a single mother take a man more of more perseverance than even job in the bible
Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by Barywhyte(m): 11:20am On Jun 03, 2018
YemiHadid:

Just be happy you saw her for who she was on time. It could have been worse. Imagine waking up one day to see a stranger knocking on your door demanding to see 'his child' or her frequent unexplained trips. And trust me, most single mothers will cheat on you with their baby daddy if the opportunity presents itself even if its years after the fact, forget what she says; quote me anyday. I just see no reason why i should bring extra drama into my life. Dating in this day and age is already strenous, what with feminism and all, talkless of single mama drama. Its a big No-no!

Fact! Not only single mums. Ladies generally will cheat with their previous bf especially those with whom they shared deep affection before trailer separate them. Simple things are so hard these days because we have lost control of our lives even though we often think we are in charge.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by injurybaba(m): 11:20am On Jun 03, 2018
Oga I will advice you go and settle beef with your babe, unless you don't love her enough

I mean people with more serious issues than yours re happily married

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by LadyHeaven(f): 11:22am On Jun 03, 2018
kia, NL & women bashers, see stereotype and extreme generalizations, anyway Quora dey if persin need intelligent opinions grin

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by 1x2x3: 11:22am On Jun 03, 2018
Xisnin:

Their is no tactics here, the op is the complainant! He needed validation to show that he is making the right decision.

Validation from who? I've made my decisions before making this post I only told my story for people to learn not for validation.
If she wants to be back and make changes that's her call to make but people hardly change. I've offered to help her get her behavioral problems solved like her siblings did but rather than listen to anyone she will rather pick a staunch fight than agree she has a problem. Not acknowledging one's problem is a bigger problem.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by openmine(m): 11:23am On Jun 03, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

Yea, she's your g/f, not your spouse. You don't demand for an explanation because you don't own her and she doesn't owe you one. You are dating a 30yr old and not a teenager. I am sure she won't sabotage the relstnship if she really sees it leading somewhere. Maybe, just maybe, she has realized you are wasting her time and she needs more commitment from someone ready to indulge.

Anyway, not trying to play the devil's advocate.... Make I dey mind my business shaa.
If he owes her an explanation when he goes on his journeys,I don't see any reason why he should not ask her where she is going....that doesn't mean he is domineering, it simply means that he cares.....

secondly, if a partner is not committed to a relationship,how will that same person be committed in marriage or has marriage become a veil that suddenly makes a Casanova to become a committed guy? Or has marriage turned a prostitute to a saint?

If a partner is not loyal,faithful and committed to you during a serious relationship, don't even expect such when you get married!

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by Adefemiaderoju1: 11:23am On Jun 03, 2018
Churches are the risky place to find a wife, as majority of the single women there are pretenders

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by Tallesty1(m): 11:24am On Jun 03, 2018
CecyAdrian:
See, first rule of relationship is, never ever involve a third party when having issues
This is the dumbest rule on earth.

See, an adage says that two people kill each other when there is no third person to separate them.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by pedrilo: 11:25am On Jun 03, 2018
CecyAdrian:

This story just doesn't click.

That lady has issues, trust issues especially and you did nothing to assure her of her place with you, reason why she mad those statements and even travelled despite you kicking against it.

That trust issue came from the mistakes she has made in the past and has an evidence of one that will forever be in her face. If you make a woman feel she is all you have got, a single mother for that matter, she won't pull the stunt she pulled.

You think you broke up with her, but she did with you the moment she started nursing going to Abuja (if it was a guy she went to visit) and started seeing you as a side piece.

You had a girl for you to concentrate on and assure her of your love fr her, but you were busy trying to dig up issues in her past through her family members and pastor, and you did! So, why disturb us here na
from ur comment, I am further convinced that people make comments in line with their thought pattern.
U already convinced urself that this guy is responsible for everytin n dat u hav to defend the lady no matter wat hence u turned logic upside down with ur comment.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 03, 2018
@1×2×3 reply me if her surname ends with oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested / Men Don’t Marry Late !! / Ladies Must Stop Doing These Things It's Abomination Not Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.