Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? (5321 Views)

Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions / Buhari's Government May Not Be Rosy For Governors / Federal Government May Allocation To States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by oderemo(m): 9:40pm On May 31, 2010
our so called leaders are in search of brain by that i mean Einstein brain.
if we look at it ogun state has nothing going for it , with allocation of 100bill a yr divide by 12 mth is roughly8.4bill mthly. with a popp. of about 10mill or so.
now, feed that to all his OGRO this and that , and other state dept.s salaries and so forth you find virtually nothing meaningful is left for governance.
but govt. can internally genarate funds as well but how much has the state been genarating, that i don't no.
was at abeokuta last yr, when thugs/govt. officials stopped my vehicle in pursuance of Environmental TAX.
i laughed in ijebu and paid up, for a minute i thought i was in the congestion zone in central London with Boris johnson environ. tax.
what is enviromental tax in abeokuta?
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by 4tune1(m): 6:04am On Jun 01, 2010
Nairalanders should know by now that OGD has learnt a lesson from OBJ on how to chop and clean mouth and nothing will happen. If not what was the result of Elumelu investigations into OBJ 16 BILLION electricity money? Now bushmeat don catch the hunter. But OGD no go scale thru by God's grace.
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by 4tune1(m): 6:11am On Jun 01, 2010
Ole wan carry our money join #4billion he declared in 2007 as his asset.
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by Ranoscky(m): 8:46am On Jun 01, 2010
Rano walks in . . *not interested in politics cos it always make's him angry* Rano walks out!
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by babsmii(m): 10:39am On Jun 01, 2010
theft strategy!!!!
ole
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by seanet02: 5:15pm On Jun 01, 2010
@sjeezy. I can see you are a big fool. How can you be calling me idiot just because i posted something that affects the live of people or you are so daft and stupid to the extent that if a state governor says his government cant provide basic amenities unless he seek for loan even in the face of dwindling revenue and an ever increasing workforce cum expenditure. I dont know how daft people like you got to know of the internet. You are a total disgrace to your family and the whole world as a whole. Folks like you are the main reason why nigeria is suffering. Probably you are a poverty development party member. Olosi, oloriburuku.
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by lastpage: 5:19pm On Jun 01, 2010
@Ode remo
was at abeokuta last yr, when thugs/govt. officials stopped my vehicle in pursuance of Environmental TAX.
i laughed in ijebu and paid up, for a minute i thought i was in the congestion zone in central London with Boris johnson environ. tax.
what is enviromental tax in abeokuta?
Your xperience reminds me of how inept, greedy and unGodly, our "rulers" are;
Imagine, once they make a trip to Europe/USA and observe that the govt is collecting some form of tax, not minding why the money is being collected, what it is being used for or the kind of benefit the citizens are already getting from such tax amount,
these scumbags like OGD simply rush home to come and implement the same taxation
But with the sole aim of having more funds to steal while making life more difficult for the people who gain virtually nothing from their rascal government!

Abroad, once you have your Insurance, Road tax and NCT/MOT, you can drive your car anywhere in the whole country (licensed driver) but in Nigeria, Lagos will charge you for MOT (even with all those articulated lorries splitting into two halves, on motion and Danfo buses flying into the ocean or passersby, from failed breaks/ uncoupled wheels!), Ibadan will  charge you separately, policemen will waylay you on the express road in Anambra, for their own road tax and the list is endless!

People in elective offices in Nigeria are just wicked, devil incarnates. No wonder they would do anything to ensure that citizens vote dont count! Imagine the National Legislators rejecting "Option A4" voting system because it prevents them form rigging, like we had during Abiola's election! angry angry
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by Rmc1(m): 10:16am On Jun 02, 2010
It has been free for all looting since the efcc czar ribadu left, it is very clear that OGD wants to embezzle this loan after all, 2011 is around the corner the next gov of ogun state can pay off the loan.Nigerians will never learn.
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by wirinet(m): 11:53am On Jun 02, 2010
Rmc1:

It has been free for all looting since the efcc czar ribadu left, it is very clear that OGD wants to embezzle this loan after all, 2010 is around the corner the next gov of ogun state can pay off the loan.Nigerians will never learn.

I do not understand the above statement.

Are you saying that when your so called Czar was in office, that there was not looting going on? Or that OGD was not looting during Ribadu's time?
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by femmy2010(m): 11:59am On Jun 02, 2010
What i guess he is saying is that When our so called CZAR was in office it would be hard for a Governor to come at the 11th hour saying he want to take a loan that would that would only be a burden on the next regime.
He can continually loot the state treasury but asking for a loan to loot is like calling Ogun Citizenry Stupid
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by Rmc1(m): 1:02pm On Jun 02, 2010
wirinet:

I do not understand the above statement.

Are you saying that when your so called Czar was in office, that there was not looting going on? Or that OGD was not looting during Ribadu's time?

what i meant was that when ribadu was in office, the looting of public funds was not of this magnitude that we are experienccing now, during ribadus reign the fear of efcc was the begining of wisdom, mind you 32 siting governors were pencil down for probing by ribadu including yaradua. These days the politicians are no longer afaid to steal and loot some even dip their hands directly in the state treasury. and dare you to report them to efcc .
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by Rmc1(m): 1:07pm On Jun 02, 2010
femmy2010:

What i guess he is saying is that When our so called CZAR was in office it would be hard for a Governor to come at the 11th hour saying he want to take a loan that would that would only be a burden on the next regime.
He can continually loot the state treasury but asking for a loan to loot is like calling Ogun Citizenry silly

Thank you joo, you dey feel me. these politicians have really ruined nigeria they forget that its the only country that we have.
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by favouredjb(f): 2:43pm On Jun 02, 2010
seanet02:

@sagamite dont you know that an entity that is earning revenue and paying a debt more than it is earning will go bankrupt, so you cant make simple calculations, i am not against the governor nor the assembly, what we want the poverty development party to do is to put ogun future in mind before taking any bond, if it is in the interest of the state populace, so be it, if it is not them capital no, cos it seems you are supporting the governor because you are from sagamu, better reason well before talking on a great forum like nairaland, this place is not meant for animals like you. You deserve to be in the zoo.

shocked shocked shocked oti fi ori ja ile agbon(bees) grin grin
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by Ranoscky(m): 4:17pm On Jun 02, 2010
If dem lyke make dem go swissrupt.
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by Sagamite(m): 2:24am On Jun 26, 2010
seanet02:

@sagamite dont you know that an entity that is earning revenue and paying a debt more than it is earning will go bankrupt, so you cant make simple calculations, i am not against the governor nor the assembly, what we want the poverty development party to do is to put ogun future in mind before taking any bond, if it is in the interest of the state populace, so be it, if it is not them capital no, cos it seems you are supporting the governor because you are from sagamu, better reason well before talking on a great forum like nairaland, this place is not meant for animals like you. You deserve to be in the zoo.

You are a bloody retard.

Where is your proof that the projects to be undertaken would not be able to generate revenue to meet up with repayments before your daft as speculated the Ogun State may go bankrupt?

slowpoke!
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by seanet02: 3:08am On Jun 26, 2010
@sagamite there you go, how many cargo airport has worked successfully in africa even in south africa that knows how to do things the right way? What revenue will a white elephant project like this that will yield such large amount of revenue? You are still daft just like your phantom governor.
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by Sagamite(m): 10:52am On Jun 26, 2010
seanet02:

@sagamite there you go, how many cargo airport has worked successfully in africa even in south africa that knows how to do things the right way? What revenue will a white elephant project like this that will yield such large amount of revenue? You are still daft just like your phantom governor.

slowpoke, what has what happened in South Africa or Papau New Guinea or Sri Lanka got to do with Ogun State?

That is your evidence and reasoning that it is white elephant? You are retarded!

Dimwit, come to me with factors and figures you have access to that is better than Ogun State governments that shows a cargo airport would not work. Don't come here and throw moronic conjectures and inane comparisons.

And you will wonder why you are unemployable? This is how you would debate critical investments in a meeting? Ediot!

*All these foooolish cretins that go through the Nigerian education system is too much*
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by isimili: 11:24am On Jun 26, 2010
The Governor's request is a grand theft design for his send off. What did he do with money which was given to him previously. If he could not build all of those during the past 7 years of service (to himself and friends)  to the state, what is the guarantee that he will do it now. He should be ashamed to own up that his state might go bankrupt. Why? because of his incompetence or insufficient funding from the central government? These thieves will never learn. Good on the state legislators. The first time they have impressed me. The Governor may be looking for money to go to the senate or sponsor his successor whose duty must include frustration of any attempt by anyone to look into the past business of the outgoing governor and ensure no one probes him. Ibori did that with troubled aoondooaka and uduaghan.

Beaf was dead right and wirinet to an extent too. Although there might be need for a local airport. why did he not construct it before. he simply wants to give out the contract and take his share. Again if the state does not have its on investment income or business which will attract investors who certainly will need the airport to travel in and out of the state, what is the point creating further financial liabilities for the state. The airport will not run itself. People will be employed and if income from the airport should be just from those visiting the states for social events or indigenes returning for weekends, then government will need to substantiate their wages. there is a lot to be considered so well done to the legislators
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by Sagamite(m): 12:09pm On Jun 26, 2010
isimili:

The Governor's request is a grand theft design for his send off.

Typical Nigerian conjecture throwing.

What evidence do you have of this?

isimili:

What did he do with money which was given to him previously. If he could not build all of those during the past 7 years of service (to himself and friends)  to the state, what is the guarantee that he will do it now.

What money are you talking about? What was it obtained for? Was it for what is being requested now? Or something different?

If it was something different do you have evidence or even the slightest insinuation that it was not spent as required?

isimili:

He should be ashamed to own up that his state might go bankrupt. Why? because of his incompetence or insufficient funding from the central government?

Can you all see that I was right when I said this alarmist, conjectual story would (in the typical Naija way) soon turn into fact?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-454211.0.html#msg6119910

slowpoke, Ogun State is not going bankrupt. When did not being able to invest in new projects imply one is bankrupt? Where did you go to school? Did you have chairs to even seat on in school?

The bankrupt conclusion was just a moronic and silly assumption by a daft gorilla like you called seanet02.

There is no substance to that theory. It is a sophistic conclusion of an ill-educated retard!

isimili:

Beaf was dead right and wirinet to an extent too. Although there might be need for a local airport. why did he not construct it before. he simply wants to give out the contract and take his share.

Another typical Naija moronic conjecture.

isimili:

Again if the state does not have its on investment income or business which will attract investors who certainly will need the airport to travel in and out of the state, what is the point creating further financial liabilities for the state. The airport will not run itself. People will be employed and if income from the airport should be just from those visiting the states for social events or indigenes returning for weekends, then government will need to substantiate their wages. there is a lot to be considered so well done to the legislators

slowpoke, the airport is being built in Sagamu. It is 30 minutes from Lagos. Lagos is the commercial hub of not only Nigeria, but West Africa.

The airport is also 45mins from Ibadan and easy link to Ondo and Edo State.

In your constraint and ediotic thinking, you have assumed that the cargo airport is only meant for economic activities in Ogun State only.

No, fooool. It is an adequate and visionary alternative to compete with Lagos cargo terminal/ports. It would be attractive to most transporters/merchants as there are avenues to operate at reduced costs and improved, more efficient, modern facilities than using Lagos.

Shut up about things you know nothing about and stop throwing conjectures. See my signature. Your daft arse should not have a right to vote in a sane world.
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by Sagamite(m): 12:37pm On Jun 26, 2010
Babneh:

I have waited sufficiently enough to have gone through individual response and left with no choice but to comment on the topic. Frankly speaking with trait of non partisan and as an indegene of Ogun state. I wonder if anyone here watch the Governor on the state NTA programme in which he was pisplaying his desperacy to acquire the bond. He has concluded that nothing would be done if he was not allowed to obtain the bond. Candidly, is of no justification obtaining the bond as it will amount to waste at this point of his administration. He continues to clamour on the white elevant projects ( Agro- cargo airport, Free trade zone etc). Let ask him what he has accomplished with the OLOKOLA oil and gas.Those innocent indigene of Ogun state that were recruited were made to pay substantial amount as fees,given some deceptive training but ended up rendered useless. From the project, I know a lot of politicians who were enriched by the project that has not brought and benefit to the state. His administration is hghly indebted to banks, workers deductions are not remitted to the appropriate quarters. One of the Pension Fund Administrators in Ogun state even claimed that after paying through nose to secured a deal in the state, money has not been forthcoming since the government has refised to make appropriate deposit. This pension fund according to the state NLC runs into billion of naira, how would the affected be indemnified? If my opinion is surveyed, I am of the school of thought that says HE should not be allowed to acquire the bond as it will amount into enslaving the state and its generations yet to grow.    

These are good points if only the poster can specify sources, figures and parties where possible.
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by seanet02: 5:20pm On Jun 26, 2010
@sagamite, What do one expect from a retarded slowpoke like you, you keep playing politics even when your chick head told you your children future is at risk (except you are irresponsible) you are definitely talking like a scrab brain, what a dull reasoning. You are definitely silly with your reasoning. I asked you, how many of your wild governors project generate up to what will be required to pay the bond installmentally or any fraudulent way your mad and inept governor feels like? You talk of me being unemployed, yeah am not a political scavenger like you idiot, i have my own business that i operate in a profit and customer service oriented manner unlike you idiot and your silly dog governor who is only thinking about you senseless and mad politicians ripping citizens of their rights. You talk so low that i dont even think you reason at all. When you are playing politics next time dear he goat, make sure you dont trade your conscience or destroy your family name, so you use your tiny senses no matter how epileptic it is. Raflamao
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by Sagamite(m): 7:09pm On Jun 26, 2010
seanet02:

@sagamite, What do one expect from a retarded slowpoke like you, you keep playing politics even when your chick head told you your children future is at risk (except you are irresponsible) you are definitely talking like a scrab brain, what a dull reasoning. You are definitely silly with your reasoning. I asked you, how many of your wild governors project generate up to what will be required to pay the bond installmentally or any fraudulent way your mad and inept governor feels like? You talk of me being unemployed, yeah am not a political scavenger like you , i have my own business that i operate in a profit and customer service oriented manner unlike you and your silly dog governor who is only thinking about you senseless and mad politicians ripping citizens of their rights. You talk so low that i dont even think you reason at all. When you are playing politics next time dear he goat, make sure you dont trade your conscience or destroy your family name, so you use your tiny senses no matter how epileptic it is. Raflamao

You are retarded.

If you had any quality education, you would be providing figures that show the project can not generate sums to repay the loan. Not opening your moronic gob to just throw inane conjectures. Fooool!

Cretin, what do you know about the economics of Cargo airports, transports, investments before you came to your conclusion? If i asked you to list 5 drivers of the investment, you will fail. Omugor!

You think at that level, it is beer parlour opinions like the one you use for your keep-body-and-soul-together hustling (you call business) that is used to forecast returns?

slowpoke.
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by seanet02: 7:38pm On Jun 26, 2010
@sagamite, Can you please tell us the state governor who is selling his state's hospitals management board, if fools like still exist in this country how will it develop. You should please tell me what is a cargo airport and what a free trade zone, did i hear you said i drink beer, Lol as am not a cocaine dealer like your rotten governor who despite the fact that he collects about 4 billion naira monthly as states fund can not pay workers deduction as at when due, he claims to pay about 2.1 billion monthly as workers salary (despite smuggling ghost workers and political scavengers like your tiny brain) claims to pay 400 million monthly as loans repayment. You should ask the central bank of Nigeria how much your satanic governor recieves on an average monthly and also the internal revenue agency how much they put into state coffers monthly because using your dumb senses to talk jargons here. He has almost sold the state due to idiots and useless morons like you. ODE, OLORIBURUKU.
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by seanet02: 8:20pm On Jun 26, 2010
@sagamite, you have said it all, you said i did not have education that is why am saying the projects he wants to embark on can not provide the required revenue to repay the bond back. Then who is more educated between one who dont want to embark on a project with loan facilities because he knows the project can not repay the loan back and you rogue that want it to happen just the opposite. You are a classical fool who deserved to spend some time in a mental hospital. Raflamao
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by Sagamite(m): 11:02pm On Jun 26, 2010
seanet02:

@sagamite, Can you please tell us the state governor who is selling his state's hospitals management board, if fools like still exist in this country how will it develop. You should please tell me what is a cargo airport and what a free trade zone, did i hear you said i drink beer, Lol as am not a cocaine dealer like your rotten governor who despite the fact that he collects about 4 billion naira monthly as states fund can not pay workers deduction as at when due, he claims to pay about 2.1 billion monthly as workers salary (despite smuggling ghost workers and political scavengers like your tiny brain) claims to pay 400 million monthly as loans repayment. You should ask the central bank of Nigeria how much your satanic governor recieves on an average monthly and also the internal revenue agency how much they put into state coffers monthly because using your dumb senses to talk jargons here. He has almost sold the state due to idiots and useless morons like you. ODE, OLORIBURUKU.

You are a retard. What has this got to do with Cargo airport would not generate revenue!

Conjecture throwing Foool!
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by Sagamite(m): 11:04pm On Jun 26, 2010
seanet02:

@sagamite, you have said it all, you said i did not have education that is why am saying the projects he wants to embark on can not provide the required revenue to repay the bond back. Then who is more educated between one who dont want to embark on a project with loan facilities because he knows the project can not repay the loan back and you rogue that want it to happen just the opposite. You are a classical fool who deserved to spend some time in a mental hospital. Raflamao

You are a slowpoke!

You still continue with your retarded arguments without proof.

Dimwit, you claim you know the project cannot repay? How, retard? Where is your proof? You think you are debating with your fellow beer-parlour kasalis?
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by seanet02: 12:22pm On Jun 27, 2010
@sagamite, you see how daft and stupid you are, you reason like fools. Can you tell us how the project will generate the required income to repay the loan or you fool is wiser than all the house of assembly members. Ode buruku
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by chelseaguy: 1:19pm On Jun 27, 2010
^^ You are spot on with your analysis so far. Some are just here to ignore the obvious cos it's not from them.
Make me laugh most times cos they are an embarrassment to morons. A word that should have be changed already.
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by Sagamite(m): 1:23pm On Jun 27, 2010
seanet02:

@sagamite, you see how daft and silly you are, you reason like fools. Can you tell us how the project will generate the required income to repay the loan or you fool is wiser than all the house of assembly members. Ode buruku

You are retarded.

Are you struggling to back up your moronic conjecture now?

Fooool. You can't even attempt to prove what you claim you "know"? You are trying to pass the bulk.

slowpoke, I told you that you are unemployable. Next time don't be throwing fooolish conjectures.

Add the intellect of all the Ogun State members of Assembly at the smartest point in their lives and I am sure they are not as smart as me when I am sleeping with my brain recharging. They are not in my catego.
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by Sagamite(m): 1:24pm On Jun 27, 2010
chelseaguy:

^^ You are spot on with your analysis so far. Some are just here to ignore the obvious cos it's not from them.
Make me laugh most times cos they are an embarrassment to morons. A word that should have be changed already.

Retard, you want to try and prove his case for him?
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by chelseaguy: 1:56pm On Jun 27, 2010
^I would have but cherish my sanity. I can't play this low son.
Re: Ogun State Government May Go Bankrupt? by Sagamite(m): 2:33pm On Jun 27, 2010
chelseaguy:

^I would have but cherish my sanity. I can't play this low son.

Dem no born you well to attempt. Na intellectual flogging you go get.  undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Doubt If 2023 Will Be Peaceful See What's Happening To APC Office In Kano(pic / Is Goodluck Jonathan Bribing PDP Delegates With FG Funds? / What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.