Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card (27140 Views)

No Major Fraud Is Committed Without The Connivance Of Bank Officials - EFCC / How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits / Why I Withdrew My Suit Against EFCC — Innoson CEO Innocent Chukwuma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by ayoyonet(m): 11:59am On Jun 06, 2018
What I know is that immediately ur ATM is swallowed make sure u complaint and don't leave without your ATM.
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Ultraf: 12:00pm On Jun 06, 2018
OboOlora:
Op is an illiterate cheesy

The machine trapped ur card and u couldn’t just use a shortcode to block it instantly? U do knowna trapped card can’t be retrieved right? Now u have lost over 50k instead of just 1k for a new card.

U deserve to be stoned to death!!!
Can you provide the short codes, for yet would be victims, because once had a narrow escape. My zenith bank debit card ever trapped in a first bank ATM machine, while thinking of the way out, another person fell victim as well. Fortunate for us, it was a friday and we both stood our ground that they must either, write under taken, should any fraud occur on our accounts or release our cards. And other users backed us, so they released them to us.

2 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by edonbeta: 12:01pm On Jun 06, 2018
Report to CBN without delay.
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by badoh(m): 12:02pm On Jun 06, 2018
Get this information right. Stop alleging that Bank's connive with criminals to withdraw money from your account. It is possible your card is trapped by an ATM but as long as you compromise your card details either to your husband, wife, friend or children, anything can happen.
Go back to your Bank and request for ATM transaction footage on your account for that particular day. If the ATM surrounding is well illuminated, the face of the person that used your card will be clear enough to identify.

1 Like

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by DMarvel(m): 12:05pm On Jun 06, 2018
infocabal:
Good day my fellow Nairalanders.

I have been hearing of this issue, I didn't believe until it happened to me last week.

I went to withdraw money from Diamond Bank ATM in Gwagwalada, Abuja around 9pm. When it was my turn, I slotted in my ATM card entered my Pin and entered the amount of withdrawal. Only for the Machine to be hang, I was then pressing the red button so it reject my card but alas, it Swallowed my Card.

So disappointed, I told the security man, he said there is nothing can be done, that I should go to my bank which is first Bank to get another ATM card.

I went home that night only for me to be seeing alert of N20,065 four times... And 15,065 once.

And the withdrawal location is in Wuse 2, which is about 50km away from Gwagwalada. My account was emptied and only me know my PIN. Even my wife doesn't know it.

So the next morning I went to first Bank to complain about the matter, and they told me someone withdrew the money in another location. I told them how possible is that? When
1. Am the only one that know my PIN
2. The location of withdrawal is 50mins away and I got alert less than that time.
3. The card was swallowed up by Diamond bank ATM and I still waited for it to come out but it didn't.

Infact, the customer care lady said, 2 other people came to complain about the same incident from the same location where my ATM was swallowed.

I was told to visit Diamond bank or the Police.
Quickly I went to police station to lay my complain.
Only for the DPO to tell me to bring N5, 000 to write letter to the bank.
And I told him, where will i get the money from, when they have withdrew all the money in my account.

To cut the long story short, we are still on the matter, I was even made to know that bank officials connive to criminals to get swallowed atm card and correlating PIN, don't really know how true this is.

It's becoming a rampant case gradually, rhetoric relevant authority should be informed please.

I sympathize with you on your loss. However, you possibly didn't use your card on that ATM. Probably you used a swapped card (Which got trapped because you used a wrong PIN of course.) Someone had your card information and got another swapped with you, it could be someone you thought you were helping or someone who poised as helping you. I am sorry, you may not get your fund back with the mindset that a bank staff carried out the fraud. Worst still, some people are insinuating the security guard knew something about the incident, common people, that's fallacy. How would an external guard has access to the ATM room?

Did you take a look at the debit amount? Which ATM dispenses such figures?

Look inward, you might remember someone who had gotten your PIN by a means of shoulder surfing.

2 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by mimimile93: 12:06pm On Jun 06, 2018
sexiestharam:
First of all, the atm room has dual control. Meaning there must be 2 staff that go into the atm room and reload cash or retrieve trapped cards. Secondly, the customer service personnel is a big novice! No trained customer service personnel should give a bad example of a situation. He or she is the good face of the bank. Thirdly, believe me, since this has gotten to nairaland, this issue would be investigated immediately by the bank. You can also call 07003000000. Diamond bank always thrives for a positive image. Just know that heads would roll sha for this report. But it is not your business. Yours is to get your money returned and it would. You should have also called your bank immediately to block the card immediately. Some banks like Diamond have a feature on their mobile apps to temporarily block cards. Lastly, people saying the security guard needs to be questioned, security personnels do not have access to the atm room. Unless your atm card was later ejected after you left. There are some instances that the atm card still comes out and the customer might have already left the premises.

I guess you are workin in a bank. This is my first time seeing a lady on nl gives good brain.
U deserve some accolades

4 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Mercurypanther(m): 12:06pm On Jun 06, 2018
flexxyworld:
mehn this one deep ooo
so deeppppp!!!!
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by flexyrule(m): 12:07pm On Jun 06, 2018
This might be a case of a dispense error caused by ATM network downtime. Don't forget computers programs malfunction too. I can bet that once the machine is reconciled and settlement carried out, you would get your refund. Meanwhile, fill the dispense error reimbursement form at your bank and wait.
Whatever the case, Diamond bank Plc would investigate and revert acxoedingly.
Next time, don't be too quick to bring stuffs to social media, Diamond Bank Plc is not one of those local cooperative society. Diamond bank is an international brand and world-class financial institution.
Finally, the way Nigerians rush to think negative about every situation is quite disheartening. Best of luck recovering your funds.
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Buffalowings3(m): 12:07pm On Jun 06, 2018
KingMicky3286:
Next time, open 3 account. Money for mega project should be booklet only with thumb print and signature

Money for soft usage booklet only . Signature and thumb print.

Money for fast lane dailiy withdrawal limit 20k Atm and booklet. Always take money from counter even if there are no people on the atm line.

Thats how i operate and they hate me cause i dont play with them in the bank .. They are thieves.

Thank me later if you can follow these procedure to save your money.

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by biggy26: 12:10pm On Jun 06, 2018
sexiestharam:
First of all, the atm room has dual control. Meaning there must be 2 staff that go into the atm room and reload cash or retrieve trapped cards. Secondly, the customer service personnel is a big novice! No trained customer service personnel should give a bad example of a situation. He or she is the good face of the bank. Thirdly, believe me, since this has gotten to nairaland, this issue would be investigated immediately by the bank. You can also call 07003000000. Diamond bank always thrives for a positive image. Just know that heads would roll sha for this report. But it is not your business. Yours is to get your money returned and it would. You should have also called your bank immediately to block the card immediately. Some banks like Diamond have a feature on their mobile apps to temporarily block cards. Lastly, people saying the security guard needs to be questioned, security personnels do not have access to the atm room. Unless your atm card was later ejected after you left. There are some instances that the atm card still comes out and the customer might have already left the premises.
Good info. But the security man is liable cos he is trained to give the right info to the customers.

How can he say he needs to get a new card when the card exists in the machine? I see connivance somewhere.

1 Like

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by konkonbilo(m): 12:11pm On Jun 06, 2018
infocabal:

I have been hearing of this issue, I didn't believe until it happened to me last week.

I went to withdraw money from Diamond Bank ATM in Gwagwalada, Abuja around 9pm. When it was my turn, I slotted in my ATM card entered my Pin and entered the amount of withdrawal. Only for the Machine to be hang, I was then pressing the red button so it reject my card but alas, it Swallowed my Card.

So disappointed, I told the security man, he said there is nothing can be done, that I should go to my bank which is first Bank to get another ATM card.

I went home that night only for me to be seeing alert of N20,065 four times... And 15,065 once.

And the withdrawal location is in Wuse 2, which is about 50km away from Gwagwalada. My account was emptied and only me know my PIN. Even my wife doesn't know it.

So the next morning I went to first Bank to complain about the matter, and they told me someone withdrew the money in another location. I told them how possible is that? When
2. The location of withdrawal is 50mins away and I got alert less than that time.
3. The card was swallowed up by Diamond bank ATM and I still waited for it to come out but it didn't.

Infact, the customer care lady said, 2 other people came to complain about the same incident from the same location where my ATM was swallowed.

And I told him, where will i get the money from, when they have withdrew all the money in my account.

To cut the long story short, we are still on the matter, I was even made to know that bank officials connive to criminals to get swallowed atm card and correlating PIN, don't really know how true this is.

It's becoming a rampant case gradually, rhetoric relevant authority should be informed please.

Sorry for your loss,I hope you get your money back ASAP. As for me,I have stop using ATM like four years ago. I only do mobile banking or I go to withdraw in front of the canter.when I'm been asked about my ATM card I just tell them I forgot it at home. With all this ATM fraud I read everyday I just decided to stop using it on my own.
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Buffalowings3(m): 12:11pm On Jun 06, 2018
mimimile93:

I guess you are workin in a bank. This is my first time seeing a lady on nl gives good brain.
U deserve some accolades

Now you sound patronizing undecided

1 Like

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Ambitionsway: 12:12pm On Jun 06, 2018
Last week I use Unity Bank ATM machine to withdraw I was debited but the machine didn't pay me. Na there I know say 9ja na fraud in all aspect. But later refund the money. After some minutes.

1 Like

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Mckandre(m): 12:14pm On Jun 06, 2018
OboOlora:
Op is an illiterate cheesy

The machine trapped ur card and u couldn’t just use a shortcode to block it instantly? U do knowna trapped card can’t be retrieved right? Now u have lost over 50k instead of just 1k for a new card.

U deserve to be stoned to death!!!
u think u sound wise with what u just said. must u type trash in others misfortune just to get cheap likes? u will perish painfully if u don't amend ur ways.

1 Like

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by wonlasewonimi: 12:14pm On Jun 06, 2018
It's not the bank, the ATM has been compromised. Fraudsters install card skimmer on atms to capture your pin and card. It would appear as if the machine swallowed it. As soon as you leave the location, they go in and take out the skimmer and input your Pin to get the money out of your account.

Be very wary of the Atms you insert your card into.
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by solelymade: 12:15pm On Jun 06, 2018
frowland:
Look, if your card is trapped by ATM, DO NOT LEAVE THERE UNTIL the machine request for another card. Sometimes network can cause a serious delay in vomiting card and when it finally vomits the card and no one is there to receive it, it will takes 30sec to 1mins for the card to be permanently swallowed to ATMtray.
What likely happened to you was that most likely the person behind you had an idea of your PIN and when you left, the ATM spitted out the card and holla - Jackpot.
Unless you want to tell me that ATM custodian was there by 9PM to take your card (unlikely) - which is impossible as there are always two staff access to ATM anytime it is opened for reloading.
That's highly possible, gives the security someone to profile just in case a crime was committed
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Pentools(m): 12:17pm On Jun 06, 2018
infocabal:

Op that's the new scam in Abuja now. There's this ATM gallery in one garden at games village, I don't know if they wired the machine to be swallowing cards especially when u have bigger funds in the account, after which they will start debitting you. The machine actually belongs to access and Eco bank respectively.

Should incase you are not confident enough with the way the case it bn handled, just drop your number or pm me, actually have a legal firm that can follow the case up till u get justice and the service is absolutely FOC!

3 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by sexiestharam(f): 12:17pm On Jun 06, 2018
biggy26:

Good info. But the security man is liable cos he is trained to give the right info to the customers.

How can he say he needs to get a new card when the card exists in the machine? I see connivance somewhere.
No Biggy. That's CBN's policy. No trapped card of another bank should be released back to the customer. It is for security purposes. The trapped cards are meant to be destroyed.

2 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 06, 2018
infocabal:

Please don't relent, if push comes to shove, ATMs take a photograph during every withdrawal, demand for that evidence, let them show you the photograph of whomever withdrew your money. Take it up with the relevant agencies, CBN, EFCC, the police, don't let this slide please, what nonsense!
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 06, 2018
Hello Guys,

This is a suspected case of a skimming device being used to extract card details of customers. That being said, get the police involved so that they can write to first bank and diamond bank especially diamond bank, so that they can request for the camera footage at the ATM. All ATM machines come with an inbuilt camera that is close to the card reader and close to the cash shutter. so it takes your picture when you slot your card and also when you take your cash. and it is also timestamped so both banks would check if the timestamp tallies with the time on the bank statement.

2 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by sexiestharam(f): 12:18pm On Jun 06, 2018
mimimile93:

U deserve some accolades
Thanks so much mimimile93. I am blushing. Lol
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 06, 2018
Hello Guys,

This is a suspected case of a skimming device being used to extract card details of customers. That being said, get the police involved so that they can write to first bank and diamond bank especially diamond bank, so that they can request for the camera footage at the ATM. All ATM machines come with an inbuilt camera that is close to the card reader and close to the cash shutter. so it takes your picture when you slot your card and also when you take your cash. and it is also timestamped so both banks would check if the timestamp tallies with the time on the bank
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by itoese(m): 12:22pm On Jun 06, 2018
I was thinking of moving my cash out of DBN immediately. But with your intervention, I have to change my mind. Thanks for your enlightenment.
sexiestharam:
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Abeyjide: 12:22pm On Jun 06, 2018
I have account without ATM card and what baffles me till now is that I keep receiving calls from their brancu office that I need to request for ATM and I do tell them point bank NOooòooo.
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Ambitionsway: 12:22pm On Jun 06, 2018
flexyrule:
This might be a case of a dispense error caused by ATM network downtime. Don't forget computers programs malfunction too. I can bet that once the machine is reconciled and settlement carried out, you would get your refund. Meanwhile, fill the dispense error reimbursement form at your bank and wait.
Whatever the case, Diamond bank Plc would investigate and revert acxoedingly.
Next time, don't be too quick to bring stuffs to social media, Diamond Bank Plc is not one of those local cooperative society. Diamond bank is an international brand and world-class financial institution.
Finally, the way Nigerians rush to think negative about every situation is quite disheartening. Best of luck recovering your funds.

You don't know how he feels about his account be cashless. Sometimes bank tends to pay deaf ears to such issues because he/she isn't an influential person, from his story the DPO even charge him 5k. No one is condemning any bank but they should at least show more concern to all issues about their consumer.
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by konkonbilo(m): 12:23pm On Jun 06, 2018
KingMicky3286:
Next time, open 3 account. Money for mega project should be booklet only with thumb print and signature

Money for soft usage booklet only . Signature and thumb print.

Money for fast lane dailiy withdrawal limit 20k Atm and booklet. Always take money from counter even if there are no people on the atm line.

Thats how i operate and they hate me cause i dont play with them in the bank .. They are thieves.

Thank me later if you can follow these procedure to save your money.
same with me,have stop using ATM for the past four years.I rather stand on the queue for 30min or more than having heart break from criminals

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by lexy2014: 12:25pm On Jun 06, 2018
infocabal:

what most likely happened is that d ATM ejected ur ATM card after u left and someone with criminal intentions took possession of it and if u have a weak pin, thats early christmas 4d dude. D scenarios u painted about bank staff conniving with criminals doesn't add up. Criminals dont have access to swallowed cards inside an ATM machine.
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by ariesbull: 12:25pm On Jun 06, 2018
I just have one ATM card and I make sure that the account isn't more than 30k my main account...no ATM

Nothing these banks go talk wey go make me have ATM for my main account to avoid stories that touch...

This is naija

3 Likes

Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Pentools(m): 12:33pm On Jun 06, 2018
sexiestharam:

Your stakes are so valid, more precisely the last one.
It actually happened to me, my card was actually swallowed then after awhile it came out, imagine if I've left n that was around 9:30pm.

Op it's either ur card came forth after you've left or twas an in-house thing.
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:36pm On Jun 06, 2018
sexiestharam:

This dude is right...
In my opinion, the atm card later ejected after you left and someone with a serious hacking knowledge picked it.
Diamond Bank is a very responsible bank. I bank with them and I've never had issues. So investigate and call their customer care number.

They will investigate and explain how it happened to you then your mind go come down.
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by emmaitive(m): 12:39pm On Jun 06, 2018
See what buhari has caused nw
Re: How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card by pawesome(m): 12:40pm On Jun 06, 2018
The easiest way to withdraw money...enta ani bet9ja shop n meet d oga...just b sending d money to his account n collecting cash...is way beta cz me dnt even knw wen last I use atm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help! First Bank Is Charging Me Monthly Withdrawal Fee On My Savings Acct!! / We’ll Push Dollar To N305—CBN Boasts / Naira Weakens To N458 Per Dollar At Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.