Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? (28254 Views)

Is This Not A Form Of Slavery? / Is This Pure Act Of Slavery Or Real Job Vacancy? (Picture) / HR Outsourcing Firms In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:13am On Jun 07, 2018
chuksanambra:

Micheal, it's 7am and your brain is supposed to be working at its optimum. Is this the most intelligent thing your brain could come up with?
Oya Chuks continue looking for agency job na
e be like say e de sweet you
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by wristbangle: 7:14am On Jun 07, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:

define ripping

y

dunno the gibberish your spewing but does this look like sane environment
?
does Nigeria result look impressive to you

if they were impressive they wouldn't need outsourcing agencywhich mumu shame
how many times you Don stand for road strike under hot sun

You are not worth to be quoted dude. We're all feeling the heat and if you think your frustration can be vented on me, you are in for a big ride. E Pele buoda
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by chuksanambra: 7:15am On Jun 07, 2018
BlueRayDick:

You are not even making any sense . What has contract staff/ permanent staff argument got to do with finding a good staff. So it is your believe a contract staff deserves to be treated like shiiite because they are not good staff as good staff are difficult to find? Smh.

Only God knows how some of you reason like goats.

I am not a victim of the unfair system but it is only fair to speak against something that affects the teeming population in a negative way.

Why am I even surprised? It is selfish people like you who would keep quite when evil is being meted out to others that are one of the problems of this country.

That guy is intellectually disabled. Honestly, just check his posts. I initially replied him thinking he's a normal person not knowing he's a special case.

2 Likes

Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by chuksanambra: 7:19am On Jun 07, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
Oya Chuks continue looking for agency job na
e be like say e de sweet you

You're an unintelligent thing. I won't waste my time on a dumb object like you.

2 Likes

Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by BlueRayDick: 7:43am On Jun 07, 2018
chuksanambra:

That guy is intellectually disabled. Honestly, just check his posts. I initially replied him thinking he's a normal person not knowing he's a special case.

Thanks for the heads up. I discovered this after replying him; my mistake.

I won't dishonor myself further by replying him.

2 Likes

Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by LeJeun3: 7:45am On Jun 07, 2018
EgunMogaji:

So to clear up the air. I am in no way supporting shoddy outsourcing firms. The concept itself is superior. It behooves the astute employee to seek out those firms that respect and are fair to their employees.

One person already stated on here that he specified his salary to the outsourcing company. I've done that too.

Quote me anywhere! If you can name one outsourcing firm that treats its staff or Labourers well, I will renege on my position that outsourcing is pure evil..

Going through this thread I realised that many eyes are closed to the reality on ground.

1 - Contract staff directly to a company
2 - Contract staff as staff of an outsourcing company to another company

1 and 2 are very different.

If you fall into category 1, up your game its gonna work out.

Category 2, is where my fight is and will wait for someone to prove me wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by EasterDell: 7:48am On Jun 07, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
no
it's laziness that concentrates wealth

If we are to get into an argument about this, then both views are incomplete.

1) Wealth cannot have even distribution, by default it follows a pareato distribution.

2) Individual differences (Laziness, financial intelligence, etc) & Bad public policy (economics, social justice, etc) both contribute to increase this inequality.

3) Some societies manage this inequality better than others.

& Nigeria is not one of them.

2 Likes

Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by akanbiaa(m): 8:13am On Jun 07, 2018
EgunMogaji:

This is the key.

A good employee will always have a job.
It takes the grace of our Creator.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by Ugosample(m): 8:24am On Jun 07, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:
This op is sure to be an Igbo...

Spit on the thread...

Shiorrrrrr
Is this one okay at all

It's a serious topic here and you are talking rubbish
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 07, 2018
samuelson06:

You are simply making noise thinking you make sense. What future can you plan with 40k per month when you leave home by 6am and come back 8pm in a place like Lagos, having your so-called job take all of your time? You can only talk about planning when you are able to save from what you earn. What can you save from 40k considering feeding and house rent? Learn to think before you talk.

It's obvious you don't know how to read .

"If you don't like the Job you quit "

How dumb could you be??
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 07, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Outsourcing is the way that most modern employment occurs. It is very popular here.

20 years or so ago I got this job that I'll be retiring from in a couple of years in as a Contractor. My case is not unique, very common.

You see.

There you go very smart.

Congrats by the way and I'm sure you are already setting yourself up for retirement.

Don't mind some of these self entitled Kids that knows nothing about life.

Reality would surely hit them.
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 07, 2018
don4real18:

Oga, what is bad is bad... You shouldn't encourage such because the country is in a standstill state due to the high level of corruption. What happened to employees welfare?
Why will high percentages be deducted from the workers salary... It is absolutely wrong. I was jobless for some months, got a job through an outsourcing firm at a bank with a ridiculous offer. I rejected it when I found out that 50% of my salary was to go to the HR firm. I cannot reduce myself to the state where a monkey will work and a baboon will eat. We can change this form of slavery if and only if, we discourage it publicly

OK.

I'm going to ask you one simple question.

Can you or anybody do anything about it in Nigeria??

Pls I need your sincere response.
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by ItsTime4me(m): 8:58am On Jun 07, 2018
Do all outsourcing firms exploit their employees? If not, let's get to know the names of those that do exploitation so that applicants would be well informed. I think this thread would not be complete if we do not know the names of those outsourcing firms that enslave employees.
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by UncleJudax(m): 9:52am On Jun 07, 2018
davodyguy:

This is so true.

I've had this experience and can't agree with you less
Can't agree more!
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by UncleJudax(m): 10:06am On Jun 07, 2018
Mcquine:

Most of them saying all this might still have their Parents or Guardian still paying their bills.

When reality hits them they'll all mellow down.

We live in a Jungle where survival is the only option.

I pray God see us through.
Just because "survival" is the theme, doesn't mean people shouldn't question the status quo...or raise awareness for some sort of intervention.

Even some people working as contract staffers have contributed.

Una want change, but kick against people who dare to ask questions.

Una like suffer walahi
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by kristen12(f): 10:06am On Jun 07, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
this is not Ghana
life is not fair they have a choice the prefer the slavery lazy yoot see, choice
Mtchew... I take it that you're one of those slave drivers

2 Likes

Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by Funkybabee(f): 10:13am On Jun 07, 2018
jceaglewatch:

That's how I actually thought they operated. Only for me to find out that they are just leeches.

Abi nah...May God help us o
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by Funkybabee(f): 10:14am On Jun 07, 2018
salford1:
Congratulations for discovering that most of the world embrace a capitalist type of economy.

Those that have never been outside the country that think this is exclusive to Nigeria alone or those that do not understand how things work outside the shores of Nigeria that also think na naija practice ,you are all wrong. E.g the lady above.

Lived in the Uk and Canada, and it is a very common practice in these countries too. To make it even worse, In Canad, they would transfer some jobs overseas (India, Philippines and South America) because of cheaper labour.

I worked for one of the biggest bank in the world some years back. While I was lucky to have been offered a permanent full time position, more than 60% of our work force were outsourced from recruiting firm. We do exactly the same job but meehhn... The discrimation plenty. They had a different colour of ID card to make it easy to identify them. The way they get fired is even worse despite their low wage. No warning or anything. They are just called on the phone by their employee, i.e. the outsourcing firm not to resume to work the following day and return their ID card and all other bank properties to the HR firm. I remember my manager hiring like 6 people in a particular month via the outsourcing firm used by the bank and also calling the firm that she does not want them anymore like a month later due to not meeting the unfair performance target set for them. This was in the Uk.

By doing so, employee benefits like union participation, pension, promotions, warnings before disengagement, health insurance, benefits, holiday pay, bonuses, allowances e.t.c are avoided.

Not saying it's a good thing, but Nigerian outsourcing firm are learners when compared to the ones abroad.

Eh eh..IT is well
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by mildflame: 10:20am On Jun 07, 2018
Aside
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 07, 2018
UncleJudax:

Just because "survival" is the theme, doesn't mean people shouldn't question the status quo...or raise awareness for some sort of intervention.

Even some people working as contract staffers have contributed.

Una want change, but kick against people who dare to ask questions.

Una like suffer walahi

I know people like yourself.

Would you be willing to come out and stage a protest together with other people if it warrants for such actions??

Instead of cowering behind your phone and complain.

Nigerians mostly are cowards they make all the noise but when it comes to action you see them running away from the fight.

This is country is not civilised like in other parts of the world where things work you can only do yourself a favour by adjusting to its rule get what you can and get out or establish yourself.

Or you can sit back and watch the years run out waiting for President or Leader who would personally come to you to help you.

Your choice.
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 10:55am On Jun 07, 2018
ItsTime4me:
Do all outsourcing firms exploit their employees? If not, let's get to know the names of those that do exploitation so that applicants would be well informed. I think this thread would not be complete if we do not know the names of those outsourcing firms that enslave employees.
Check our signature in blue just here below and you will be better enlightened. You can contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link...
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by ETEYEN79(m): 11:04am On Jun 07, 2018
Professional Human Capital Providers (Outsourcing Firms) do not deduct any amount from a staff salary, they charge a certain and agreed percentage from the Clients.
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by UncleJudax(m): 11:13am On Jun 07, 2018
Mcquine:

I know people like yourself.

Would you be willing to come out and stage a protest together with other people if it warrants for such actions??

Instead of cowering behind your phone and complain.

Nigerians mostly are cowards they make all the noise but when it comes to action you see them running away from the fight.

This is country is not civilised like in other parts of the world where things work you can only do yourself a favour by adjusting to its rule get what you can and get out or establish yourself.

Or you can sit back and watch the years run out waiting for President or Leader who would personally come to you to help you.

Your choice.
I will make it short!
Not all protests have to hit the streets for voices to be heard. Why do you think the government always try to control the media/what people say?

No matter how bad things are, people will speak up. Don't shout them down.

Thanks but no thanks. I am doing well where I am.

Ciao
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by Kingzy4pep(m): 11:44am On Jun 07, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:

something like what
y labour ministry no Kuma give you job as e easy for mouth is it by force to work there
lazy yoot
I wanted to argue with you but if this is the kind of thread someone I wanna argue with creates, Then there's no point wasting my time and data.

3 Likes

Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 07, 2018
Mcquine:
Nigerians complain a lot.

You get a job and you don't like the offer you quit!

Why trouble yourself with outsource and no outsource after years of sitting at home unemployed.

The country is bad make do with what you have and make other plans for the future.

Do you plan on working your entire life for a boss? F**k NO!

Make do with what you have now that you're still young instead of whining like an entitled spoilt brat and chart your way to success.

Stay here and complain while others are already planning ahead.

Nigerians complaint too much.
Easy HR.
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 07, 2018
EgunMogaji:

This is the key.

A good employee will always have a job.
Having the right connection is also a norm in this amalgamated country.
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by albers20: 12:48pm On Jun 07, 2018
-web-

Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by BlueRayDick: 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
ETEYEN79:
Professional Human Capital Providers (Outsourcing Firms) do not deduct any amount from a staff salary, they charge a certain and agreed percentage from the Clients.

That is not true at all, except you are saying firms like ICSL,workforce,whytcleon etc are not professionals.
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by davit: 1:32pm On Jun 07, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:

While you keep refusing that offer, another youth with a purpose in sight will take it.

Make sure he works and networks with the people there that make sense, get that big 4 experience in his cv, and then port to another big4, or any other firm as a full staff.

Lots of people take contract jobs, as a stepping stone. It offers you working experience while you search for something better.
It is only those that do not think they can do better that get stuck in the system.

It is people that take these offers then start comparing themselves with full staff, loosing sight of what their end goal is. I have seen lots of graduates with zero experience use this route to build work experience, and move on to better things.

So stay at home and be looking for the job at the coy that your father created, don’t go and get work experience.

With all the graduate trainee adverts I get in my mail day in day out, if you were meeting the test and interview requirements I’m sure you would have gotten one of those jobs by now.

If you can’t get in through that route, better try gathering experience and networking. You won’t meet senior executives of any company while seating at home.
Guess you re one of the the kids here.
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by davit: 1:33pm On Jun 07, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:

While you keep refusing that big company offer, another youth with a purpose in sight will take it.

Make sure he works and networks with the people there that make sense, get that big 4 experience in his cv, and then port to another big4, or any other firm as a full staff.

Lots of people take contract jobs, as a stepping stone. It offers you working experience while you search for something better.
It is only those that do not think they can do better that get stuck in the system.

It is people that take these offers then start comparing themselves with full staff, loosing sight of what their end goal is. I have seen lots of graduates with zero experience use this route to build work experience, and move on to better things.

So stay at home and be looking for the job at the coy that your father created, don’t go and get work experience.

With all the graduate trainee adverts I get in my mail day in day out, if you were meeting the test and interview requirements I’m sure you would have gotten one of those jobs by now.

If you can’t get in through that route, better try gathering experience and networking. You won’t meet senior executives of any company while seating at home.
Guess you re one d the kids here. FYI I'm gainfully employed and well skillful.
I make more than the offer of the firm on monthly basis. So many people outsourced like this have been stuck in their career in the name of hoping for the better as you presume.

For what is worth, outsourcing is a modern day slavery.

1 Like

Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 07, 2018
davit:

Guess you re one d the kids here. FYI I'm gainfully employed and well skillful.
I make more than the offer of KPMG on monthly basis. So many people outsourced like this have been stuck in their career in the name of hoping for the better as you presume.

For what is worth, outsourcing is a modern day slavery.

You are gainfully employed with the way you write? I wonder who employed you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews / Nigerian Army List Of Successful Candidates 2019 (DSSC 24 & SSC 45) / Mountain Top University Massive Recruitment For Non-teaching Staff Positions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.