Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? (28256 Views)

Is This Not A Form Of Slavery? / Is This Pure Act Of Slavery Or Real Job Vacancy? (Picture) / HR Outsourcing Firms In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2018
Kingzy4pep:
I wanted to argue with you but if this is the kind of thread someone I wanna argue with creates, Then there's no point wasting my time and data.
no you didn't
that's why you're hiding behind righteousness
instead of countering facts
who cares I've made my point
take it or leave it
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:50pm On Jun 07, 2018
kristen12:

Mtchew... I take it that you're one of those slave drivers
you can choose to be a 'slave ' or 'driver '
your choice
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:52pm On Jun 07, 2018
EasterDell:

If we are to get into an argument about this, then both views are incomplete.
your head de dia
abeg chop knuckle

1) Wealth cannot have even distribution, by default it follows a pareato distribution.

2) Individual differences (Laziness, financial intelligence, etc) & Bad public policy (economics, social justice, etc) both contribute to increase this inequality.

3) Some societies manage this inequality better than others.
for awhile
it's not sustainable
it will all crash last last
look at Scandinavia and west in general

& Nigeria is not one of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2018
chuksanambra:

You're an unintelligent thing. I won't waste my time on a dumb object like you.
who your intelligence epp

1 Like

Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:59pm On Jun 07, 2018
wristbangle:

You are not worth to be quoted dude. We're all feeling the heat and if you think your frustration can be vented on me, you are in for a big ride. E Pele buoda
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I've handled my frustration teytey
I hope you do soon
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by Kingzy4pep(m): 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
no you didn't
that's why you're hiding behind righteousness
instead of countering facts
who cares I've made my point
take it or leave it
Hide behind righteousness you say..

Anyway your point doesn't count because it's simply pointless.
Maybe when you have someone that has experienced the ordeal of this crazy contract jobs, that's when you will realize how clueless your point is on this topic/thread.
Stay well bro.
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:42pm On Jun 07, 2018
Kingzy4pep:
Hide behind righteousness you say..

Anyway your point doesn't count because it's simply pointless.
Maybe when you have someone that has experienced the ordeal of this crazy contract jobs, that's when you will realize how clueless your point is on this topic/thread.
Stay well bro.
I work under an agency Mr righteous.
it's better than starving
I've upgraded myself with more valuable skills as my bsc is not marketable
I have saved and invested in farm
I will quit and move to better non contact work
so stop chest beating
and get your mind right
the world doesn't owe you a damned thing
sink or swim
get productive or continue to lament
choice is yours
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by LaExpert: 8:28pm On Jun 07, 2018
odaniel1:
What is that i just read
''...made friends with my boss' bosses...made sure not to get a branch posting''
we clamour for a level playing ground for all!!! Not someone trying to use back door schemics to get out of this rut. Its okay, being an exception to the rule. But does dat take d rule out?? I believe beyond 'reasonable doubt' that we can't all be 'friends of our bosses' ass-licking or not!

Networking... that's what it is called.

It works everywhere. Relationship skills are necessary for every employee to grow; besides, the business itself need relationships to survive. By the way, who told you the guy isn't competent? or did you just assume?

If I have two equally competent people, I'll always pick the one who relates better with others first.
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by kosoko00: 11:19pm On Jun 07, 2018
lollmaolol:
The People in government are aware. They are all benefiting from the business.

Slavery in 2018

Just like in the banking sector 2

2 Likes

Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 07, 2018
comshots:
Easy HR.
HR? nah I'm too smart to be HR.
Nice try though.
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by JesslordKay(m): 6:25am On Jun 08, 2018
Your points are valid, i would like to add the third pattern of hr outsourcing where the service provider don't have to deduct the salary of their staff working for their client. Here, the outsourcing firm charge management fee per staff they provide for their client. With this, they don't have to deduct any dime from the staff salary.

Secondly, there exist a possible chance of staffing some of the outsourced staff that have prove diligent knowledgeable of the job.

Thirdly, outsource role give opportunity to less experience individuals to garner experience which can land them a better offer tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by sammyscholar(m): 8:10am On Jun 08, 2018
JesslordKay:
Your points are valid, i would like to add the third pattern of hr outsourcing where the service provider don't have to deduct the salary of their staff working for their client. Here, the outsourcing firm charge management fee per staff they provide for their client. With this, they don't have to deduct any dime from the staff salary.

Secondly, there exist a possible chance of staffing some of the outsourced staff that have prove diligent knowledgeable of the job.

Thirdly, outsource role give opportunity to less experience individuals to garner experience which can land them a better offer tomorrow.

thanks for the exposition!
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by don4real18(m): 11:50am On Jun 08, 2018
Mcquine:

OK.

I'm going to ask you one simple question.

Can you or anybody do anything about it in Nigeria??

Pls I need your sincere response.
Sincerely, something can be done... The government can enact laws and create policies that will protect the employees in Nigeria from such injustice.
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 08, 2018
don4real18:

Sincerely, something can be done... The government can enact laws and create policies that will protect the employees in Nigeria from such injustice.

But they won't!

That is what I'm saying.

This is Nigeria they don't give a sh1t about any of you.

Why waste that time hoping for nothing when you can actually start somewhere and keep moving government or not.

1 Like

Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by dongc(m): 12:04am On Jun 09, 2018
That is the case where I live..they charge the companies not the staffs..because they provide services to the companies ..it is ridiculous Nigerians copy systems from abroad and implement the opposite at home..

JesslordKay:

Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by Generaloluseye: 9:31pm On Jun 09, 2018
ItsTime4me:
Do all outsourcing firms exploit their employees? If not, let's get to know the names of those that do exploitation so that applicants would be well informed. I think this thread would not be complete if we do not know the names of those outsourcing firms that enslave employees.

There are no good ones among them. The problem is that all these outsourcing firms are owned by the banks MD or EDs. U should have observed that some banks changes outsourcing firms. This happens when the MD or ED leaves and another one comes, if the new one has an outsourcing firm, it will be changed, if not they will continue with the old one or he creates an outsourcing firm....
Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by Okonsyourguy(m): 10:12am On Jun 20, 2019
I know Workforce Group - one of the most renowned outsourcing companies in Nigeria do their best in taking care of their outsourced staff. They don't just outsource and forget you. Speaking from experience
smithsammy:
Outsourcing business functions to third party firms has become a trend in Nigeria. The field that has taken the lion's share is Human Resource Management (HRM). It seems some firms don't want to manage this function themselves anymore. They prefer contracting it to third parties.

Although there are different agreements that could be reached. One is contracting an HR firm to help your firm source and recruit talents and the contract closes when the former has recruited the talent and they've resumed at your firm (as full staff of your firm).

Another one (which is the most trending and most damaging to employees' career IMO) is firm entering into agreement with outsourcing HR firm to supply them staff for an agreed period of time. These employees remain the staff of the outsourcing firm. The firm they are deployed to would pay the outsourcing firm which would, in turn, pay the employees but that's after they have deducted some percentage which could sometimes be as high as 20%.

This, to me, is a big and subtle act of slavery. Can you imagine how much the outsourcing HR firms are making every month on all people they deployed to firms?

Now, one critical question I would want to ask is: are the companies contracting these outsourcing HR firms satisfied with making workers suffer -- with low pay and without career direction or promotion potential -- to the benefit of the outsourcing firms?

Please what career directions are there for an employee who's employed by an outsourcing firm and deployed to, say a bank, and whose career in the bank can halt should the contract between the bank and outsourcing firm seize?

And what promotion potential or career progressions are there for people working for outsourcing firms?

At least, as real staff of a firm, you're sure of promotion and pay rise when you reach a career milestone in the firm. What is the fate of an employee working in the same firm but is a staff to an outsourcing firm?

Although, when we look at it critically, HR outsourcing firms are creating value to their clients (firms). They provide you with employees whom you don't need to disturb yourself providing employees' benefits for. They are just like robots. You're not obligated to promote them or plan for their pension. Their career development is not your problem, too. The only thing you owe them is their monthly salary which is always nothing close to what you normally should pay your own (full) staff.

What does all this translates to for the firm? It translates to lower cost; and that's the value the outsourcing HR firms provide them.

On the right note, any firm that doesn't care about the career and standard of living of her employees but only wants to make money and mindlessly reduce cost is not a good firm IMO.

So, those who are working in the system already (working for ousourcing firms) should please enlighten us.

Is there something we are missing in this HR outsourcing job thing?

Re: Isn't The Currently Trending HR Outsourcing System A Subtle Mode Of Slavery? by yeme7(m): 5:04pm On Feb 16, 2020
kingola87:
This shouldn't be happening in 21st century but as usual, a deaf hear will be turned to this.
Imagine someone working from morning till evening earning 25,000 while the hr company or whatsoever will pocket one third of ones salary.

We have no mercy for ourselves in this country self.
Bros ur own is over good...
I graduated 2017 right now I'm working as a receptionist, paid is just 15k...i had no choice than to do it... Urs is good...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Army List Of Successful Candidates 2019 (DSSC 24 & SSC 45) / Mountain Top University Massive Recruitment For Non-teaching Staff Positions / Where Do You Work And What's Your Position?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.