Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,427 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? (10772 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Christianity And The World's Religions. / The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / There Is Energy Creator Outside The Hologram - Allah And Jehovah Not Same Entity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 22, 2018
Jessicha:

Pathetic

Summon the courage to reply now
ATTENTION!!! Both Acholardey and Hairy are DISFELLOWSHIPED!!! You'll notice their posts and responses that they're never interested in what's practical as in guidance or counsel,their intention is to discourage any who desires to grasp the real meaning of obedience to Bible's standards. All they are advocating for is (absolute) freedom which is exactly what Satan suggested in Eden, who ever has interest in ascertaining pure worship automatically becomes their enemy and they're both battle prepared to make such a person break his/her integrity before Jehovah. Please Jesus' advice is always useful(Matthew 7:6)He taught US to go in search of the lost sheep of the house of Israel meaning "those who are earnestly searching for pure worship" and not those who have already concluded in their hearts that "there shouldn't be any form of worship that's pure". I think 2John 10,11 has said it all about these Apostates. compared to 3John 9,10 Here is a screenshot of Hairy's own mistaken confession as one who is DISFELLOWSHIPED and NEVER ready for repentance. Mark 3:29 compared to Hebrews 6:4-6

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:57am On Jun 22, 2018
Riofidelio:
ATTENTION!!! Both Acholardey and Hairy are DISFELLOWSHIPED!!! You'll notice their posts and responses that they're never interested in what's practical as in guidance or counsel,their intention is to discourage any who desires to grasp the real meaning of obedience to Bible's standards. All they are advocating for is (absolute) freedom which is exactly what Satan suggested in Eden, who ever has interest in ascertaining pure worship automatically becomes their enemy and they're both battle prepared to make such a person break his/her integrity before Jehovah. Please Jesus' advice is always useful(Matthew 7:6)He taught US to go in search of the lost sheep of the house of Israel meaning "those who are earnestly searching for pure worship" and not those who have already concluded in their hearts that "there shouldn't be any form of worship that's pure". I think 2John 10,11 has said it all about these Apostates. compared to 3John 9,10 Here is a screenshot of Hairy's own mistaken confession as one who is DISFELLOWSHIPED and NEVER ready for repentance. Mark 3:29 compared to Hebrews 6:4-6

You now accuse acholardey too? You cannot address the points raised by him so you call him dispel low shipped.
Are you guys scared of debates from the Bible?
Is it that the teach you guys to believe only things from your magazines?
Well I am not surprised. Someone that says its better to your pedophilles and rapists (criminals) in the family than reporting them to police.
What sort of religion is this? It's from the pit of hell. *spits out*tufiakwa*God forbid
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:59am On Jun 22, 2018
Riofidelio:

You now accuse acholardey too? You cannot address the points raised by him so you call him disfellowshipped or an apostate.
Well I am not surprised. Someone that says its better to your pedophilles and rapists (criminals) in the family than reporting them to police.
What sort of religion is this? It's from the pit of hell. *spits out*tufiakwa*God forbid
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Peacefullove: 9:29am On Jun 22, 2018
achorladey:

barrister07: So I hope you now have Elders in your new gathering?

Achorladey: You are free to come and install and Lord one over the new gathering if you want to.

barrister07: its the Qualities of a sherperd that are listed there , the question still remains:
Achorladey: I know qualities of something or someone does not reflect the work of such things.

barrister07:for what purpose are they overseers ? Or in other words why did Jesus appoint them to keep watch/ overseer over the sheep? Any Link to helping this sheep as they work out their salvation ?

Achorladey: Qualities of the overseer does not tell of the work of such overseer. Continue!!!!! "HELPING", "THEIR SALVATION"
Whose salvation? Who gives such "Salvation" and put a stamp and seal on such salvation.

barrister07- If they are independent, should there be any need to send people to Jerusalem ? Why can't each person do as they feel is right ?
Reference to Act 15, the agreement reached was sent to the congregations to be complied with . which shows those gathering recognized they are not independent but under the leading of those taking the lead in Jerusalem

Achorladey: "If" conditional statement determines uncertainty or unsureness. The scriptures serve as guide already for them not to do anyhow. So it's not until they submit to someone's leadership before they are guided.

That brings us to Acts 15. Reference to the whole congregation. Not restricted to the elders and apostles alone. Were they seen as those taking the lead, highly regarded men, leaders?
How can you include the word "independence" when you know a tree cannot make a forest. Yet when a forest is made it doesn't involve installation of some trees as leaders all trees grow together to make the Forest .

Why then did the christian bible talk about leaders if the bold is correct . ?

Unless you want to deny your bible , Pauline epistles demand the installation of people who serve the role of leaders . I know some xtians have who disagree with Paul , are you one ?

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 22, 2018
I'm sure the one who opened this discussion can now see clearly the "Differences between Jehovah's witnesses and Churchgoers". Jesús said there are TWO roads, one leading to eternal life and the other to destruction. The road to life is just a single lane so it's FEW that are FINDING itsadMatthew 7:13,14)it's about people who love God with all their soul,they're always inquisitive as to "how to worship God acceptably" so they keep ASKING questions regarding sacred matters! The broad road is spacious with many lanes so there are MANY walking ANYHOW in it:It's about people who either love (1)PARENTS worship (2)immediate SOLUTION to problems (3)always in the midst of CROWD(4)MONEY so if things aren't going smoothly businesswise they'll quit (5)POWER whoever try poo with them must pay dearly(6)Absolute FREEDOM so nobody tells them what to do. All these are just going through the BROAD road so they're never questioning one another, they can practice one religion today and switch over to another tomorrow without query. But those on the road to life are different because they'll keep asking to be sure they are on the right path! Proverbs 2:3,4 Matthew 7:7 This doesn't mean that there is a religion where you can't find BROAD road travelers! Truthfully speaking they are everywhere but the fact is that they'll shift away once the motivating spirit in them moves towards their desired destination since the Spirit in them differs from that which is operating in their present place of worship so they change to another LANE! Matthew 13:3-23 But the road to life has a MARK that's irritating to all BROAD road travelers so even if mistakenly they finds themselves on the NARROW path(either by birth or condition)they'll leave once the opportunity comes.Let the wise ones use their God's given power of discernment! Matthew 13:43

2 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 22, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

You now accuse acholardey too? You cannot address the points raised by him so you call him disfellowshipped or an apostate.
cry cry cry 2John 10,11 3John 9,10 so James 5:14!

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Peacefullove: 9:53am On Jun 22, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Jesus is the only way, the truth and the life. No one goes to the Father except through him.

Hahahaha practically every xtian group believe this . even though Jesus is the same Father to some . Jesus is son of the father to some . grin grin lack of unity in thoughts .

2 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:55am On Jun 22, 2018
Riofidelio:
cry cry cry 2John 10,11 3John 9,10 so James 5:14!
Someone that prefers keeping pedophilles and rapists (criminals) hidden in the family than reporting them to police.
Calling himself a follower of Christ yet can't handle scrutiny of his true religion.
You guys go as far as calling people who believe what is written in the Bible and not what's in your magazines rebels. Your religion stinks just like the way your new system will stink due to presence of 8 billion dead bodies.
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:57am On Jun 22, 2018
Peacefullove:

Hahahaha practically every xtian group believe this . even though Jesus is the same Father to some . Jesus is son of the father to some . grin grin lack of unity in thoughts

At the end of the day an organization or denomination or congregation is not the only way, the truth and the life because the Bible never said so. Only watchtower magazines say that their organization is the only way, the truth and the life.
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:01am On Jun 22, 2018
Riofidelio:
I'm sure the one who opened this discussion can now see clearly the "Differences between Jehovah's witnesses and Churchgoers". Jesús said there are TWO roads, one leading to eternal life and the other to destruction. The road to life is just a single lane so it's FEW that are FINDING itsadMatthew 7:13,14)it's about people who love God with all their soul,they're always inquisitive as to "how to worship God acceptably" so they keep ASKING questions regarding sacred matters! The broad road is spacious with many lanes so there are MANY walking ANYHOW in it:It's about people who either love (1)PARENTS worship (2)immediate SOLUTION to problems (3)always in the midst of CROWD(4)MONEY so if things aren't going smoothly businesswise they'll quit (5)POWER whoever try poo with them must pay dearly(6)Absolute FREEDOM so nobody tells them what to do. All these are just going through the BROAD road so they're never questioning one another, they can practice one religion today and switch over to another tomorrow without query. But those on the road to life are different because they'll keep asking to be sure they are on the right path! Proverbs 2:3,4 Matthew 7:7 This doesn't mean that there is a religion where you can't find BROAD road travelers! Truthfully speaking they are everywhere but the fact is that they'll shift away once the motivating spirit in them moves towards their desired destination since the Spirit in them differs from that which is operating in their present place of worship so they change to another LANE! Matthew 13:3-23 But the road to life has a MARK that's irritating to all BROAD road travelers so even if mistakenly they finds themselves on the NARROW path(either by birth or condition)they'll leave once the opportunity comes.Let the wise ones use their God's given power of discernment! Matthew 13:43

The person that opened this page now see that Jehovah's witness beliefs are based on speculations.
He now knows your religion is an evil one. It has been separating families since 1952.
It's followers justify hiding pedophilles and rapists in their midst instead of reporting them to police because the law is written in their magazines.
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:05am On Jun 22, 2018
Peacefullove:

Why then did the christian bible talk about leaders if the bold is correct . ?

Unless you want to deny your bible , Pauline epistles demand the installation of people who serve the role of leaders . I know some xtians have who disagree with Paul , are you one ?

Pauline epistles never said that there was going to be a centralized government/leaders based in one particular location/place.
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Peacefullove: 10:11am On Jun 22, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

At the end of the day an organization or denomination or congregation is not the only way, the truth and the life because the Bible never said so.

How do we even prove Jesus himself is the only way if people like Moses , Abraham and Noah make heaven without him dying for their inherited Sin ?

Any need to claim the way if people can make heaven by their own power already ?

Another aspect is :

Follower of Jesus who believe Jesus is that same father , and another follower who believe Jesus Is not that same father . are they both believers of the saying that Jesus is the way ?

Only watchtower magazines say that their organization is the only way, the truth and the life.

Funny is that what is written in their own john 14 vs 6?

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Peacefullove: 10:16am On Jun 22, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Pauline epistles never said that there was going to be a centralized government/leaders based in one particular location/place.

A lot of xtians will say God create Saturn, Jupiter and other planets when they are not even mentioned except planet Earth .

They claim some things are not said but can be deduced accurately , Do you agree ?

Answer that , then am interested in if your Bible in any way promote the idea of centralized authority .

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:36am On Jun 22, 2018
Peacefullove:

A lot of xtians will say God create Saturn, Jupiter and other planets when they are not even mentioned except planet Earth .

They claim some things are not said but can be deduced accurately , Do you agree ?

Answer that , then am interested in if your Bible in any way promote the idea of centralized authority .

Answer my own first. Did the bible ever mention having a centralized government/leaders among Christians?

Don't come here and form smart for me. I don't deal on speculations or fallacies. Answer the question.
Don't give me crap on any idea of bible promoting Centralized authority located in one place so as to justify your stance on salvation being guaranteed by joining watchtower organization.
Something as important as that ought to be written down.show me where it is written.
I know the Bible says Jesus is the only route to salvation.
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Peacefullove: 10:47am On Jun 22, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Answer my own first. Did the bible ever mention having a centralized government/leaders among Christians?

Don't come here and form smart for me. I don't deal on speculations or fallacies.
Answer the question.
Don't give me crap on any idea of bible promoting Centralized authority located in one place so as to justify your stance on salvation being guaranteed by joining watchtower organization.
Something as important as that ought to be written down.show me where it is written.

Perfect. I think you grab the basis already cheesy Some speculations are perfect according to xtianity such as Saturn , Jupiter and Pluto were all created by God , is this speculation correct ?

If you don't deal in speculation, do you believe or agree with other speculators that God made all this planets ?

If you can say your mind on this, i will know if you have the right to call anyone speculators or not .We can also go back and see if your Bible promote such an idea as well or not.
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Peacefullove: 10:51am On Jun 22, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

So funny, are you aware Jesus is a different person to many people.

Who is Jesus ?

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:54am On Jun 22, 2018
Peacefullove:

Who is Jesus ?

give me a bible passage where there was a centralized government/leader in the Bible
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:55am On Jun 22, 2018
Peacefullove:

Perfect. I think you grab the basis already cheesy Some speculations are perfect according to xtianity such as Saturn , Jupiter and Pluto were all created by God , is this speculation correct ?

If you don't deal in speculation, do you believe or agree with other speculators that God made all this planets ?

If you can say your mind on this, i will know if you have the right to call anyone speculators or not .We can also go back and see if your Bible promote such an idea as well or not.

Give me a bible passage where there was a centralized government/leaders amongst the early Christians
Abi e no dey?
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 22, 2018
Peacefullove:

Who is Jesus ?
Hairyrapunzel WAS and IS still a Disfellowshiped person!!! He is frustrated with nowhere to go. That's why atheists are inviting him to join their movement in order to establish himself in their midst as an enemy of God,after all he doesn't fit in amongst Churchgoers and true Christians won't accommodate his arrogance and ego either so he's bitter towards everyone. You can see his personal confession as a disfellowshiped and atheists invitation as i post screenshots of the both.

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Peacefullove: 11:14am On Jun 22, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

give me a bible passage where there was a centralized government/leader in the Bible

I can see you are guilty so couldn't reply properly. But let me show you some things in your own bible.

Acts 15:2-6 English Standard Version (ESV)

2 And after Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and debate with them, Paul and Barnabas and some of the others were appointed to go up to Jerusalem to the apostles and the elders about this question.

Central authority in doctrine ?

3 So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through both Phoenicia and Samaria, describing in detail the conversion of the Gentiles, and brought great joy to all the brothers.[a] 4 When they came to Jerusalem, they were welcomed by the church and the apostles and the elders, and they declared all that God had done with them. 5 But some believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees rose up and said, “It is necessary to circumcise them and to order them to keep the law of Moses.”

6 The apostles and the elders were gathered together to consider this matter.

After this they sent a letter . notice the wordings ( 23-28)

with the following letter: “The brothers, both the apostles and the elders, to the brothers[a] who are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia, greetings. 24 Since we have heard that some persons have gone out from us and troubled you[b] with words, unsettling your minds, although we gave them no instructions , 25 it has seemed good to us, having come to one accord, to choose men and send them to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, 26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who themselves will tell you the same things by word of mouth. 28 For it has seemed good to the Holy Spirit AND TO US to lay on you no greater burden than these requirements:

Why is their conclusion binding if they are not a central authority ?

Claim was even made that their instruction superseeds by saying they have passed no instruction to those who disturb them ?

Does this not prove your Bible promote the idea ?

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Peacefullove: 11:20am On Jun 22, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Give me a bible passage where there was a centralized government/leaders amongst the early Christians
Abi e no dey?

You are not intellectual. I wonder how you can point fingers at some people that they are speculators if you also are guilty of same . it's a sign of an unsound mind

Provide any bible passage that say God create Mars , Jupiter , and Saturn ?

2 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by OneJ: 11:43am On Jun 22, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

SERIAL LIAR, so soon have your deluded brain deceived U to forget U quoted & pasted the full texts of Acts2:42-47 on this NL, ?
Is something not wrong with U ? Kai !!!!!! (Nairalanders , "are U seeing what I am saw" in the voice of chief zebrudaya).

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 11:52am On Jun 22, 2018
OneJ:

SERIAL LIAR, so soon have your deluded brain deceived U to forget U quoted & pasted the full texts of Acts2:42-47 on this NL, ?
Is something not wrong with U ? Kai !!!!!! (Nairalanders , "are U seeing what I am saw" in the voice of chief zebrudaya).

In that passage have you forgotten that it was the whole congregation, the apostles, the older men, Paul and barnabas that made the decision? Or you don't read your Bible?
I forgot you don't read your Bible. 8 old men in new York read it for you and then interpret the passage for you and force you to take it without questioning their bible interpretation. If you question them, you are then tagged apostate
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 12:00pm On Jun 22, 2018
Peacefullove:

You are not intellectual. I wonder how you can point fingers at some people that they are speculators if you also are guilty of same . it's a sign of an unsound mind

Provide any bible passage that say God create Mars , Jupiter , and Saturn ?
Is you that said there was a centralized government. Point out where bible said a centralized government/leaders was needed?

See intellectual wanting to avoid answering a question. You want to prove your beliefs by asking other questions to reach a conclusion from nowhere that a centralized government is needed. So as to justify your stance on salvation being guaranteed by joining watchtower organization.
You never see something. Provide bible verse you no gree
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 12:26pm On Jun 22, 2018
Peacefullove:

I can see you are guilty so couldn't reply properly. But let me show you some things in your own bible.

2 And after Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and debate with them, Paul and Barnabas and some of the others were appointed to go up to Jerusalem to the apostles and the elders about this question.

3 So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through both Phoenicia and Samaria, describing in detail the conversion of the Gentiles, and brought great joy to all the brothers.[a] 4 When they came to Jerusalem, they were welcomed by the church and the apostles and the elders, and they declared all that God had done with them. 5 But some believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees rose up and said, “It is necessary to circumcise them and to order them to keep the law of Moses.”

with the following letter: “The brothers, both the apostles and the elders, to the brothers[a] who are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia, greetings. 24 Since we have heard that some persons have gone out from us and troubled you[b] with words, unsettling your minds, although we gave them no instructions , 25 it has seemed good to us, having come to one accord, to choose men and send them to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, 26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who themselves will tell you the same things by word of mouth. 28 For it has seemed good to the Holy Spirit AND TO US to lay on you no greater burden than these requirements:

Claim was even made that their instruction superseeds by saying they have passed no instruction to those who disturb them ?

The Bible never promotes the idea of a centralized government.
See
22 Then the apostles and elders, with the whole church, decided to choose some of their own men and send them to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas. They chose Judas (called Barsabbas) and Silas, men who were leaders among the believers. 23 With them they sent the following letter:

23 With them they sent the following letter:

The apostles and elders, your brothers

To the Gentile believers in Antioch, Syria and Cilicia:

Greetings.

Haba. The whole church was involved in decision making.

Bible never promotes any Centralized government in the church. It's your assumption and speculation that promotes the idea.
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 12:30pm On Jun 22, 2018
Peacefullove:

King James version

22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders with the whole church
, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas and Silas, chief men among the brethren:

23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia.
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 12:33pm On Jun 22, 2018
Peacefullove:

We, they, us = the apostles, the elders and the whole Church in Jerusalem
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Peacefullove: 4:38pm On Jun 22, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

The Bible never promotes the idea of a centralized government.
See
22 Then the apostles and elders, with the whole church, decided to choose some of their own men and send them to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas. They chose Judas (called Barsabbas) and Silas, men who were leaders among the believers. 23 With them they sent the following letter:

23 With them they sent the following letter:

The apostles and elders, your brothers

To the Gentile believers in Antioch, Syria and Cilicia:

Greetings.

Haba. The whole church was involved in decision making.

Bible never promotes any Centralized government in the church. It's your assumption and speculation that promotes the idea.

Hahahahahaha

You are not intellectual at all . the question is the whole church was involved in which decision ? Open your eyes grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Peacefullove: 5:04pm On Jun 22, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

We, they, us = the apostles, the elders and the whole Church in Jerusalem

see speculation grin , the we and us are those who made the doctrinal decision

Who are they ?

6 The apostles and the elders were gathered together to consider this matter

The whole church considered the matter ? If they say you are not smart, you will think they are abusing you . grin

2 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:27pm On Jun 22, 2018
Peacefullove:

Who are they ?

The whole church considered the matter ? If they say you are not smart, you will think they are abusing you . grin

5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.

6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.

7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

At least the Bible mentioned the issue the apostles and elders gathered together to consider

12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.

13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:

We see that a large number was gathered, James called them men and brethren.

Let's go to where they sent the letter again

22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas and Silas, chief men among the brethren:

23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; T[b]he apostles and elders and brethren send greeting[/b] unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia.

Decision making involved the whole congregation. Bible never recorded or promoted the idea of a centralized government or governing body or leaders.
Because you want to justify your stance on salvation being guaranteed by joining watchtower, you craftily remove "your brothers " from that phrase leaving only apostles and elders so it will look like the letter was from just the elders and the apostles.
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:30pm On Jun 22, 2018
Peacefullove:

Hahahahahaha

You are not intellectual at all . the question is the whole church was involved in which decision ? Open your eyes grin grin

Intellectual that removes words and phrases from a verse so as to justify his doctrine that says belonging to his organization will save an individual.
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 22, 2018
Peacefullove:

Who are they ?

We need to be careful because "bad association spoils useful habits" according to the admonition of Christ's Apostles.1Corinthians 15:33 Hairy is a "DISFELLOWSHIPED person" so any TRUE Christian will avoid having to do with him in obedience to the scriptures! Matthew 7:6, 18:15-17 1Corinthians 5:13 2John 10,11 3John 9,10 Let him go and associate with any other religious group that's pleasing to him after all he's claiming that the organization is evil so he should go and associate with good people instead of always giving himself a headache because of a religious group he calls rapists,pedophiles,cults and so on,Paul told TRUE Christians "hand him over to Satan" 1Corinthians 5:5 Jesus said treat him as Israelites treats tax collectors. So the Bible is clear on his case,true Christians MUST stop talking to him! Here is a screenshot to prove that he was and still is disfellowshiped.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

To All Atheists. Once And For All.. / Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! / Saved By Grace But Preserved By Works.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.