Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? (10771 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Christianity And The World's Religions. / The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / There Is Energy Creator Outside The Hologram - Allah And Jehovah Not Same Entity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Jessicha(f): 10:30am On Jun 18, 2018
achorladey:

They are keeping watch over there salvation Abi?.........Hahahahaha

Pathetic

Summon the courage to reply now

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by achorladey: 10:32am On Jun 18, 2018
Jessicha:

Pathetic

Summon the courage to reply now

I will again and again.......are they keeping watch over their salvation? The apostles were never master over anyone's faith not to talk of their salvation. I will again and again .........are they keeping watch over their salvation?
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:35am On Jun 18, 2018
Jessicha:

Wow, grin grin grin In fact this is so good coming from you . this perfectly expose your lack of knowledge .

No enlightenment for you o, just remain like that .

A false brother is an apostle hmm

As in grin grin

Just remain like that

Eeyah grin grin

See someone dragging someone that they can't comprehend she can't even comprehend bible passage and someone's reply
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Jessicha(f): 10:38am On Jun 18, 2018
achorladey:

I will again and again.......are they keeping watch over there salvation?
See what u are reduced to. Simple question you can't answer

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:50am On Jun 18, 2018
Jessicha:

Really ?

" Nevertheless, not even Titus, who was with me , was compelled to be CIRCUMCISED, although he was a Greek. But that matter came up because of the false brothers brought in quietly, who slipped in to spy on the freedom we enjoy in union with Christ Jesus, so that they might completely enslave us " Says Galatians 2:3,4

So why is Paul calling teachers of circumcision False brothers? Its a minor difference why can't he just let them be without calling them False brothers ?

Barrister07 was right after all.

To MAINTAIN shows 100% conformity, they are to strive to Maintain that already existing oneness

Just the way watchtower is enslaving you. They tell you to do this and that and demand 100% conformity. When all these don't matter again.

What's the difference with false brothers telling people they are supposed to be circumcised before they can be considered believers and watchtower organization telling people they must join the their organization before they can be saved?

The same Pharisaical approach. Judgemental lot. You demand 100% conformity to an organization whose rules are made by men who say they are uninspired and fallible and can err in doctrinal matters and organizational direction.
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:52am On Jun 18, 2018
Jessicha:

Simple question you can't even answer. Are the elders keeping watch over your salvation?
Sheep saying they are shepherd to other sheep. You have been reduced to a zombie/robot
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by achorladey: 11:11am On Jun 18, 2018
Jessicha:

Wow, grin grin grin In fact this is so good coming from you . this perfectly expose your lack of knowledge .

No enlightenment for you o, just remain like that .

A false brother is an apostle hmm

As in grin grin

Just remain like that

Eeyah grin grin
Jessicha: Wow, In fact this is so good coming from you . this perfectly expose your lack of knowledge.

Achorladey: Galatians 2:11-14 Peter classed himself and was pretending on the same issue he himself said God is not separating based on circumcision or no circumcision Acts 15:9-11. Go back and read!!! Someone(Peter) said something previously (spiritually inspired) about this same (circumcision/uncircumcision) and the same person (Peter) is acting out the opposite of what he said initially. What name qualify such person?
You(Jessicha) brought Galatians 2:3,4 as evidence and the "False brother" tag. I give you perfect example!

Jessicha: No enlightenment for you o, just remain like that .

Achorladey: The scriptures gives enlightenment 2 Timothy 3:16,17 nothing else!!!!!

Jessicha: is of no value to that great undeserved kindness.
A false brother is an apostle hmm. As in Just remain like that Eeyah.

Achorladey: 2 Peter 3:16-18 Peter was emphatic about it after all. That you dont comprehend all what Paul said in his letter is not enough to twist it to your destruction. Na Peter talk am no be me talk am. Yet Peter stressed the undeserved kindness of God when closing his letter that the undeserved kindness of God is too much and too great to make minor differences cause division among Christians. To distort the basic of all truth in John 14:6. That is the same issue Paul was trying to correct in Peter's pretense!!!! Madam Galatians 2:3,4.

Achorladey: 1 John 5:12 The one who has the son has life; the one who does not have the son of God does not have this life. I choose to remain like this.
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Barristter07: 11:56am On Jun 18, 2018
achorladey:

barrister007: Ignorance of the scriptures, Elders don't snatch the sheep, they are appointed by Jesus to Keep watch over the sheep,

Achorladey: Judgemental approach as usual. Its part of you. The sheep does not belong to the elders from the start. The sheep were never baptised in the name of the elders. The fine Shepherd has promised to be with all of his sheep including those taking the lead among the sheep(because a sheep leading another sheep those not necessary make that sheep a shepherd its just another sheep) until the conclusion of system of things.

Who ask for all this grin o ma se o

Rebellious attitude, either you like it or not . appointment of Elders is a scriptural arrangement

' holy spirit has appointed you overseers to sherperd the congregation of God '

barrister007: The question a sane person needs ask is for what purpose are they keeping watch? That would let you realize how adhering to this arrangement is TIED to your salvation. - Hebrews 13:17

Achorladey: The question a saner person need to ask is, where in Hebrews 13:17 restrict those taking the lead among you to be "elders"? And how does those taking the lead and keeping watch over their fellow brother and sister made them mediators between Jesus and God? 1 Peter 2:25.

The account the in Romans 14:12 Galatians 6:5 comes to mind. You only need to read and reflect.

grin for what purpose are they keeping watch?

barrister007: Kindly Gist me regarding where and how you follow the Bibles instruction in Hebrews 10:24,25 today?

Achorladey: Matthew 18:20 is the words of our leader(Jesus Christ). Explain exhaustively how well you understand it brother!!!!! Opo ko ni eyin to ba je gaga meji pere. Ni iwon igba ti meji yen ba ti le je eran ki ni iwulo yoku.
(Quote) ( Report)

This bring us back to question tagged P7 which u avoided the other time.

Scripturally, are the various congregations or gatherings independent or All organized under the leading of the apostles and older men ?

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Barristter07: 12:11pm On Jun 18, 2018
Jessicha:

grin How would he answer ? , his fellow rebellious people are his associates ,many of whom are now atheists, agnostics and stay at home crew. You will never see them in any intelligent discussion but once they see a JW thread they will start regurgitating all the poisons they have swallowed from their online associates many of whom have lost faith in the Bible itself . like you said a sorry case .

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Barristter07: 12:13pm On Jun 18, 2018
achorladey:

I will again and again.......are they keeping watch over their salvation? The apostles were never master over anyone's faith not to talk of their salvation. I will again and again .........are they keeping watch over their salvation?

Question tagged #P8

For what purpose are they keeping watch over the souls of those they are shepherding?

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 12:18pm On Jun 18, 2018
Barristter07:

grin How would he answer ? , his fellow rebellious people are his associates ,many of whom are now atheists, agnostics and stay at home crew. You will never see them in any intelligent discussion but once they see a JW thread they will start regurgitating all the poisons they have swallowed from their online associates many of whom have lost faith in the Bible itself . like you said a sorry case .

So believing Jesus Christ is the only way, the only truth and the only life is now rebellion?
So not believing joining a particular denomination or an organization will lead you to eternal life is having a rebellious spirit?
Wow! You guys will go any length to force people to conform to your man made non biblical laws.
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Barristter07: 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2018
achorladey:

Peter was definitely among those "false brothers" Galatians 2:11-14 but does that made him lose his fact of being a Christian and an apostle? Minor difference is of no value to that great undeserved kindness.

Jumped "earnestly endeavoring" into "maintain".

What!!! already "oneness" when they are still dragging circumcision issue.

Here is your statement in capital letters

' SUCH MINOR DIFFERENCE IS NOT ENOUGH TO RENDER GOD'S UNDESERVED KINDNESS INVALID OR MAKE US DISTINGUISH TRUE CHRISTIAN OR FALSE CHRISTIAN. '

* Going by the bold, why then did Paul refer teachers of circumcision as False brother's? #p9

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 12:25pm On Jun 18, 2018
Barristter07:

Question tagged #P8

For what purpose are they keeping watch over the souls of those they are shepherding?
Are they keeping watch over their salvation? Answer the question and stop shifting goal post.

Heb 13:17
17 Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you.

Where did it say leaders are keeping watch over their followers salvation?
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 12:33pm On Jun 18, 2018
Barristter07:

' SUCH MINOR DIFFERENCE IS NOT ENOUGH TO RENDER GOD'S UNDESERVED KINDNESS INVALID OR MAKE US DISTINGUISH TRUE CHRISTIAN OR FALSE CHRISTIAN. '

* Going by the bold, why then did Paul refer teachers of circumcision as False brother's? #p9

They were forcing people to accept their stance on being circumcised. That is following the Jewish law as this strict law was no longer irrelevant. Christians are no longer justified by these jewish laws as they are now justified by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.

The law was now considered irrelevant in the new covenant. Whether you circumcise yourself or not it no longer counts. You can decide to circumcise yourself or not its your decision.
Salvation no longer comes by works but by grace through faith in Christ Jesus.

Watchtower organization that says its followers should follow all their laws unless they get slaughtered in Armageddon are example of false brothers. They ain't teaching the main thing that salvation is by faith in Christ Jesus. Instead they tag people who don't follow their law a as rebels
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Barristter07: 12:43pm On Jun 18, 2018
Saybal:
Leave these people alone you are always attacking them what are you fighting for I hope you know that u cannot help God go and form your own movement if you like I Learn u are an ex member. go and preach like the Jw t least we discusses meaniful thing for an hour every Saturday they are harmless not the way u are portraying them I have not gain anything from ur comment my personal observation

An EX member who has LIED many times that he was never a Jehovah's Witness, that shows the kind of person he is . they can't preach , neither should you expect to gain anything from their comment.

Thank you for your beautiful comment Sir . #handshake

2 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Jessicha(f): 1:29pm On Jun 18, 2018
achorladey:

Jessicha: Wow, In fact this is so good coming from you . this perfectly expose your lack of knowledge.

Achorladey: Galatians 2:11-14 Peter classed himself and was pretending on the same issue he himself said God is not separating based on circumcision or no circumcision Acts 15:9-11. Go back and read!!! Someone(Peter) said something previously (spiritually inspired) about this same (circumcision/uncircumcision) and the same person (Peter) is acting out the opposite of what he said initially. What name qualify such person?
You(Jessicha) brought Galatians 2:3,4 as evidence and the "False brother" tag. I give you perfect example!

Really? this guy is totally lost. grin

[Peter] went withdrawing... In fear of those of the circumcised class Galatians 2;12

The bolded people are the false brothers, Peter wasn't included among them neither did he belong to them, he just gave in to fear of them. Comprehend

But why should Paul call them False Christians if suvh differences is not enough to distinguish false from true Christians ?

Jessicha: No enlightenment for you o, just remain like that .

Achorladey: The scriptures gives enlightenment 2 Timothy 3:16,17 nothing else!!!!!

Jessicha: is of no value to that great undeserved kindness.
A false brother is an apostle hmm. As in Just remain like that Eeyah.

Achorladey: 2 Peter 3:16-18 Peter was emphatic about it after all. That you dont comprehend all what Paul said in his letter is not enough to twist it to your destruction. Na Peter talk am no be me talk am. Yet Peter stressed the undeserved kindness of God when closing his letter that the undeserved kindness of God is too much and too great to make minor differences cause division among Christians. To distort the basic of all truth in John 14:6. That is the same issue Paul was trying to correct in Peter's pretense!!!! Madam Galatians 2:3,4.

That bold statement applies to you, you didn't comprehend to have labeled Peter a false brother

Achorladey: 1 John 5:12 The one who has the son has life; the one who does not have the son of God does not have this life. I choose to remain like this.

Not by disregarding the pattern set by the early Christians and apostles . they are a united worldwide brotherhood not some scattered individual .

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 2:12pm On Jun 18, 2018
Jessicha:

[Peter] went withdrawing... In fear of those of the circumcised class Galatians 2;12

The bolded people are the false brothers, Peter wasn't included among them neither did he belong to them, he just gave in to fear of them. Comprehend

But why should Paul call them False Christians if suvh differences is not enough to distinguish false from true Christians ?

That bold statement applies to you, you didn't comprehend to have labeled Peter a false brother

Not by disregarding the pattern set by the early Christians and apostles . they are a united worldwide brotherhood not some scattered individual .

United brotherhood in what? Where they united in banning blood transfusion? Where they united in banning voting and military service, not celebrating Christmas, birthdays, easter, etc, where they united in saying their joining their congregation guaranteed salvation? Where they united in hiding pedophilles and rapists? Where they united in banning people from reading the scriptures alone?

What where they united in? Was it the belief that faith in Jesus Christ guaranteed salvation?

You guys wanna twist the Bible to favor your non biblical doctrines by force.

Why were they told to be united in one mind?

I know the Bible said they should be united in one mind following Jesus Christ.
I will not go beyond what is written.

You have been indoctrinated to think that being united in one mind is joining an organization called watchtower and adhering to their Pharisaical laws.
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by achorladey: 5:56pm On Jun 18, 2018
Jessicha:

Jessicha: Really? this guy is totally lost.

Achorladey: Do I look like someone you can withhold information from. Feel free to quote the whole of Galatians 2: 11-14 Paul said someone(Peter) is clearly in the wrong in verse 11, you are here sugar-coating comment for me. I look like baby for your eye abi? Continue!!!!! I refused to be lost.

Jessicha: The bolded people are the false brothers, Peter wasn't included among them neither did he belong to them, he just gave in to fear of them. Comprehend

Achorladey: Is this the best of your comprehension skills about that passage? You are making me really laugh. You can do better than this.

Jessicha: But why should Paul call them False Christians if such a difference is not enough to distinguish false from true Christians?

Achorladey: From "false brother" to "false Christians" . No palaver!!!!! You gave me an example Galatians 2:3,4, I gave you vivid description Galatians 2:11-14. My stance remain despite the fact Paul resisted Peter and you bring the tagged "false brothers" which I expansiated for you. That tag has not made Peter to be called a "False Christian" or will people of all nation see him as a False brother in christ. Why? Simply because that simple thing you call "fear" or "peer pressure" is not enough to render his faith in Jesus christ useless. In fact it is not enough for me(Achorladey) to call him a "False brother" because judgemental approach is of no benefit. I only want you(Jessicha) to reason and reason well. Comprehende!!!!!!

Jessicha: That bold statement applies to you, you didn't comprehend to have labeled Peter a false brother.

Achorladey: I was following your line of reasoning and willing to lead you to the conclusion you seek. My answers remain above.

Jessicha: Not by disregarding the pattern set by the early Christians and apostles . they are a united worldwide brotherhood not some scattered individual.

Achorladey: No one is against the pattern set by early Christians. They are united as Christians. Under that one single name "Christians". Please feel free to read Galatians 1:10 to 24. Enjoy the best of Apostle Paul!!!!!!!!!
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by achorladey: 6:05pm On Jun 18, 2018
Barristter07:

Go and ask Jessicha about that. I was following her line of reasoning to lead her to the destination she want. My own stance remain that, such minor "fear" or "difference" that happened in that account is not enough to tag Peter a "False Christian" or "False brother". My stance remain!!!!!!
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by achorladey: 6:13pm On Jun 18, 2018
Barristter07:

Question tagged #P8

If you are willing to say it am willing to hear you out. There are numerous things to shepherd the sheep over. In the course of their shepherding one thing that is certain, that they are not masters over their faith or salvation. That faith cannot be legislated upon by anyone. Not even the fellow sheep taking the lead among equals "the fellow sheep".
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by achorladey: 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2018
Barristter07:

Who ask for all this grin o ma se o

Rebellious attitude, either you like it or not . appointment of Elders is a scriptural arrangement

' holy spirit has appointed you overseers to sherperd the congregation of God '

grin for what purpose are they keeping watch?

This bring us back to question tagged P7 which u avoided the other time.

Scripturally, are the various congregations or gatherings independent or All organized under the leading of the apostles and older men ?

barrister07: Who ask for all this o ma se o

Achorladey: There is nothing bad in making defense of what one believes. When Paul was making defense of his belief before Agrippa. He went at length discussing with Agrippa. Leave judgemental approach alone.

barrister07: Rebellious attitude, either you like it or not appointment of Elders is a scriptural arrangement. holy spirit has appointed you overseers to shepherd the congregation of God '

Achorladey: Christian elders have scriptural backing. True!!!!

barrister07: for what purpose are they keeping watch?

Achorladey: Tell me, I believe you know that. I will help you though 1 Peter 5:1-4

barrister07: This bring us back to question tagged P7 which u avoided the other time. Scripturally, are the various congregations or gatherings independent or all organized under the leading of the apostles and older men?

Achorladey: Set the agenda scripturally on this let see how far we can about it scripturally.
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Barristter07: 8:59pm On Jun 19, 2018

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Barristter07: 8:26am On Jun 20, 2018
achorladey:

Go and ask Jessicha about that. I was following her line of reasoning to lead her to the destination she want.

Rather than admit your earlier statement in capital letters has been proved false, you are here exposing to the world you don't have the knowledge of what you are talking about. grin

Contrary to what you state above, If you have forgotten how your discussion with Jessica got there, I will highlight again.

- Jessica quotes one of your comments where she highlight the fact that differences in scriptural understanding are not allowed by citing the case of circumcision, in which to promote unity , an agreement was reached which everyone must comply with in Act 15.

- during the course of your replying her message, you make this statement promoting disunity saying

- To which Jessica replied that the bold is very wrong for the fact that those who insist on circumcision are referred to as False brothers in Galatians 2:3,4 . a false brother is a false Christian . Fact

- shocked by that response , you try to crawl out of the cage you have put yourself with your earlier comment by tagging Peter member of these false brothers known as circumcision group. grin grin so much for lack for of knowledge .

- to which she gave another classical response that Peter was wrong giving in to fear , but he was never one of this False brothers .

The text says, note the underlined

" For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself, for fear of those in the circumcision group. "

Gladly, Peter was never included among the circumcision group like acholardey did . grin grin

Which still shows that Those in this circumcision group are seen as False Christians as seen in Galatians 2:3,4. Something Reverend achorladey said can never happen, and the lie was exposed .

My own stance remain that, such minor "fear" or "difference" that happened in that account is not enough to tag Peter a "False Christian" or "False brother". My stance remain!!!!!!

Peter bawo ? Carefully worded grin grin . again, Peter was never one of those in the circumcision group of false Christians.

grin [i] Is it enough to tag those in the circumcision group as False brothers ? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Barristter07: 8:27am On Jun 20, 2018
achorladey:

Go and ask Jessicha about that. I was following her line of reasoning to lead her to the destination she want.

Rather than admit your earlier statement in capital letters has been proved false, you are here exposing to the world you don't have the knowledge of what you are talking about. grin

Contrary to what you state above, If you have forgotten how your discussion with Jessica got there, I will highlight again.

- Jessica quotes one of your comments where she highlight the fact that differences in scriptural understanding are not allowed by citing the case of circumcision, in which to promote unity , an agreement was reached which everyone must comply with in Act 15.

- during the course of your replying her message, you make this statement promoting disunity saying

- To which Jessica replied that the bold is very wrong for the fact that those who insist on circumcision are referred to as False brothers in Galatians 2:3,4 . a false brother is a false Christian . Fact

- shocked by that response , you try to crawl out of the cage you have put yourself with your earlier comment by tagging Peter member of these false brothers known as circumcision group. grin grin so much for lack for of knowledge .

- to which she gave another classical response that Peter was wrong giving in to fear , but he was never one of this False brothers .

" For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself, for fear of those in the circumcision group. "

Gladly, Peter was never included among the circumcision group like acholardey did . grin grin

Which still shows that Those in this circumcision group are seen as False Christians as seen in Galatians 2:3,4. Something Ogbeni achorladey said can never happen, and the lie was exposed .
grin

My own stance remain that, such minor "fear" or "difference" that happened in that account is not enough to tag Peter a "False Christian" or "False brother". My stance remain!!!!!!

Peter bawo ? Carefully worded grin grin . again, Peter was never one of those in the circumcision group of false Christians.

grin Is it enough to tag those in the circumcision group as False brothers ? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Barristter07: 8:40am On Jun 20, 2018
achorladey:

If you are willing to say it am willing to hear you out.

grin grin you will answer it .

When someone keep watch on something , for what purpose ?

Now
When those taking the lead keep watch, for what purpose ?

Can someone not among the fold be kept watch over ?

There are numerous things to shepherd the sheep over.

Like ?

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:04am On Jun 20, 2018
Barristter07:

Which still shows that Those in this circumcision group are seen as False Christians as seen in Galatians 2:3,4. Something Ogbeni achorladey said can never happen, and the lie was exposed .
grin

grin Is it enough to tag those in the circumcision group as False brothers ? grin grin grin

Please show us where they mentioned governing body in the Bible

Also show us where the Bible said there was a centralized government headed by the apostles in charge of all congregations.

You speculate here and there and make your doctrines based on those speculation.

Where in the Bible did they say this centralized government dispensed food and forced it down the throat of people?
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Barristter07: 9:05am On Jun 20, 2018
achorladey:

barrister07: Who ask for all this o ma se o

Achorladey: There is nothing bad in making defense of what one believes. When Paul was making defense of his belief before Agrippa. He went at length discussing with Agrippa. Leave judgemental approach alone.

barrister07: Rebellious attitude, either you like it or not appointment of Elders is a scriptural arrangement. holy spirit has appointed you overseers to shepherd the congregation of God '

Achorladey: Christian elders have scriptural backing. True!!!!

So I hope you now have Elders in your new gathering ?

grin grin

barrister07: for what purpose are they keeping watch?

Achorladey: Tell me, I believe you know that. I will help you though 1 Peter 5:1-4

its the Qualities of a sherperd that are listed there , the question still remains: for what purpose are they overseers ? Or in other words why did Jesus appoint them to keep watch/ overseer over the sheep? Any Link to helping this sheep as they work out their salvation ?

barrister07: This bring us back to question tagged P7 which u avoided the other time. Scripturally, are the various congregations or gatherings independent or all organized under the leading of the apostles and older men?

Achorladey: Set the agenda scripturally on this let see how far we can about it scripturally.

- If they are independent, should there be any need to send people to Jerusalem ? Why can't each person do as they feel is right ?

Reference to Act 15, the agreement reached was sent to the congregations to be complied with . which shows those gathering recognized they are not independent but under the leading of those taking the lead in Jerusalem.

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:53pm On Jun 20, 2018
Barristter07:

grin grin

its the Qualities of a sherperd that are listed there , the question still remains: for what purpose are they overseers ? Or in other words why did Jesus appoint them to keep watch/ overseer over the sheep? Any Link to helping this sheep as they work out their salvation ?

- If they are independent, should there be any need to send people to Jerusalem ? Why can't each person do as they feel is right ?

Reference to Act 15, the agreement reached was sent to the congregations to be complied with . which shows those gathering recognized they are not independent but under the leading of those taking the lead in Jerusalem.

The term "governing body" does not appear in the New Testament. Neither does the concept of a small, centralised group of leaders.

The term "governing body" is 'loaded language' as it never appears in the Scriptures and so has unique application within the pages of the Watchtower.

It cannot be said that the decision in acts 15 was made by an established governing body.

Acts 15:2
"… they arranged for Paul and Barnabas and some others of them to go up to the apostles and older men in Jerusalem regarding this dispute."

Acts describes a large gathering. This was comprised of the apostles, older men (elders), Paul and Barnabas, who were travelling missionaries, and others. This large group combined to decide on an important issue affecting the local congregations.

The history of the Apostle Paul also shows that there was no centralized governing body directing the early Christians. After Paul's conversion, he did not convene with a governing body or go to Jerusalem to receive an assignment. Rather, he immediately embarked on his missionary work under direction of the Holy Spirit. Paul did not make his first trip to Jerusalem until three years after his conversion, and even then he did not meet with a group of leaders, but just with Peter and James.

Galatians 1:17-19 "Neither did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles previous to me, but I went off into Arabia, and I came back again to Damascus. Then three years later I went up to Jerusalem to visit Cephas, and I stayed with him for fifteen days. But I saw no one else of the apostles, only James the brother of the Lord

Acts 15:22, 22 "Then the apostles and the elders, together with the whole congregation, decided to send chosen men from among them to Antioch, along with Paul and Barnabas; they sent Judas who was called Barsabbas and Silas, who were leading men among the brothers. 23 They wrote this and sent it through them:"

Decision making was not vested in a small group of leaders. Rather the congregation, including the Apostles, elders, Paul and Barnabas all were involved in coming to agreement on the issue and composing the letter to distribute their findings. A small, controlling group of leaders did not have total power over the early Christian congregations.
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:45pm On Jun 20, 2018
Barristter07:

grin grin

The whole congregation along with the older men and apostles were involved in making the decision. Together, they all made the decision.
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by achorladey: 9:49pm On Jun 20, 2018
Barristter07:

grin grin

barrister07: So I hope you now have Elders in your new gathering?

Achorladey: You are free to come and install and Lord one over the new gathering if you want to.

barrister07: its the Qualities of a sherperd that are listed there , the question still remains:
Achorladey: I know qualities of something or someone does not reflect the work of such things.

barrister07:for what purpose are they overseers ? Or in other words why did Jesus appoint them to keep watch/ overseer over the sheep? Any Link to helping this sheep as they work out their salvation ?

Achorladey: Qualities of the overseer does not tell of the work of such overseer. Continue!!!!! "HELPING", "THEIR SALVATION"
Whose salvation? Who gives such "Salvation" and put a stamp and seal on such salvation.

barrister07- If they are independent, should there be any need to send people to Jerusalem ? Why can't each person do as they feel is right ?
Reference to Act 15, the agreement reached was sent to the congregations to be complied with . which shows those gathering recognized they are not independent but under the leading of those taking the lead in Jerusalem

Achorladey: "If" conditional statement determines uncertainty or unsureness. The scriptures serve as guide already for them not to do anyhow. So it's not until they submit to someone's leadership before they are guided.

That brings us to Acts 15. Reference to the whole congregation. Not restricted to the elders and apostles alone. Were they seen as those taking the lead, highly regarded men, leaders?
How can you include the word "independence" when you know a tree cannot make a forest. Yet when a forest is made it doesn't involve installation of some trees as leaders all trees grow together to make the forest.
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by achorladey: 9:51pm On Jun 20, 2018
Barristter07:

grin grin you will answer it .

When someone keep watch on something , for what purpose ?

Now
When those taking the lead keep watch, for what purpose ?

Can someone not among the fold be kept watch over ?

Like ?

According to you, qualities of an overseer does not tell of the work of such an overseer? You have your answers already.
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by achorladey: 10:31pm On Jun 20, 2018
Barristter07:

grin

Galatians 2:11-14 is still there to for you to read. My stance from inception of this same discussion was not to concern myself with distinguishing a false Christian from True Christian but in Jessicha quest to concern herself with such she brought Galatians 2: 3,4 Now I referenced Peter as in line with his acts of pretense. Who is Peter pretending for. The circumcision group or the uncircumcision group? Galatians 2:11-14 let it sink deep. Read and reread again. The answer to your question or your line of reasoning is embedded their.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

To All Atheists. Once And For All.. / Saved By Grace But Preserved By Works. / Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.