Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! (62328 Views)

Mimi, A Popular Tiktoker Dies After Boyfriend Allegedly Used Her For Rituals / Fake Kidnap: Ameerah Sufyan Apologises For Misleading Police And The Public / Full List Of Nigerians Indicted For $1.1B Internet Scam In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 09, 2018
Durhleepee:
They tried the No. 3 on me in a taxi I boarded at Secretariat Ibadan. They (driver and a male passenger) started arguing on their imaginary dollars, the driver argued that the money bag does not belong to the passenger that it must be that of an old woman that alighted earlier and that they would've to go back to their park to settle it. I didn't say a thing because I knew immediately they were scammers, then the driver asked for my opinion, I just shouted at him to drop me, I no dey go again
are u engaged? I like to marry u

1 Like

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by samsongbemisola(m): 10:04am On Jun 10, 2018
I have encountered them few times. Twice in Ondo town in ondo state. The guy was just following me and talking to himself saying 400 thousand 400 thousand. Then he touched me and asked me a question about some money, I didn't even care to listen to him I just look at him with a stern face. Another one is in Lagos Oshodi to be precise a man walked to me and ask me "did you speak French? I said no then he said he is a cook in a French ship that he is looking for an estate. I told him I don't know the place he then because I sensed something fishy then another man came to ask me what the man he is asking me I told him he asked me about an estate. The man said eyah that they area boys will collect the dollars with him unless someone help him.immmediately I heard about dollars I just looked at him and walked away.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by fitzfrankses7(m): 9:34pm On Jun 10, 2018
olaife80:

Bro its a tale I don't like talking about but I will share it in short..

After this man told me about the goods he brought, he saw how I showed feelings on it and thought of his mind in one stupid language that I am doomed.
Following our conversation right from start this mad Samaritan hasn't been speaking English but Yoruba convincing me hardly he can't speak English language, then drama now start freshly after all the Mr nice guy I have done to him.
You start to wonder how someone can live Lagos for over twenty years and doesn't understand broken English. Anyway I continued to be calm and watchful.

Man; (Talking and stammering for the first time, now I started the full study on them) I see you are a good and responsible somebody unlike your friend that doesn't understand my language, the way he looks even scared me and he doesn't trust him that was why he called me forward. I hope he's a good man also sha? Hey, see see, I mean see the guy, you too see how hes looking like a stupid somebody, I hope you are not the type?said by the beast. I replied the guy is a good man he needed not be scared.

>>>>>>Mind you, I have asked the Oloriburuku Samaritan his biography after the beast gave us the money to share just for me to know how I will handle him and the money.
When we had conversation together he talked in Yoruba but with little broken english but how fool he was for him not to noticed I knew he understand English.
Believe me the money is original dollar note because I can spot the difference between it and fake. So I tried to convince him for me to get the dollar, the oloshi man didn't leave it..<<<<<

We started talking walked along from Allen Avenue to Mobolaji Bank Anthony way, he said so far he hope I didn't ask the Samaritan any question... Hahahaha buahahah..I said No, he said am I sure I said no that I will like to stop here and move forward to my Journey.
He said the goods he brought are only for me not for Samaritan that he would also give something's add up to it.
Can you please make it fast please? he said we should walked close down to olowu str, I obliged. Mind you I don't have interest at first but I really want to know their ways to fullest whereas also my time is going.

Before getting to Olowu Str he said we should sit somewhere under a tree. The man left to a den place which I knew part and cronies of there after so much years I spent in computer village.

I asked the Samaritan that is there any hotel along the place the beast went to, he said yes. I lol in my mind and frown face then he asked me why did I asked I said nothing that the hotel must be a stars one,the mumu said yes.
He started telling me that he has no idea of what is going on again that I didn't relate what the man said, I calm him down that nothing special so far that I will be going now if he continue disturbing me. Lol....this idiot start to beg me that to collect the goods from the man is main important to him.

The man arrived, >>>before he left he has talkled about the chemical money making and how Obasanjo, Tinubu and the rest billionaires are tripping to Togo for it, that he is privileged as a son of the ex president seeing how Nigerians are suffering whereas his father and our politicians have clue together in using this chemical for money making that was the main reason he came to Nigeria to expose them<<<.

I started to ask myself questions?
Chemical for money making?
How can a president son brought goods to sell?
You came to Nigeria to expose your dad and his crooks. How is that possible?

And how can someone live in Lagos for 20 yrs + and doesn't understand pigin even agberos and area boys can speak to some extent.

I hope I didn't ask the Samaritan any further questions, I should stay away from him? I replied in my mind, am I stupid, You gave the oloshi called Samaritan the dollar, the man you said he isn't a trustworthy man now telling me I should stay away hes a bad person. OK oo

Omg, this is beautiful, showing excitement to their stupidity.. Thank God I will have money in life, I have put my enemies into shame. I must make it..
The dunce thought in their stupid mind I am a beautiful maga whereas I don come down from their bus so tey..

Chemical money making drama started!
If you want to get rich fast, go as well and asked your well wishers to dig your grave fast.

While sitting I saw two rogue guys walked along going back to Allen, few minutes came back again. I smiled and talked to myself I have just few minutes to spend or else it will be another story.

419: sorry it took me so long, I was scared of coming out because I saw some weird people. Brought out the chemical and showed me( it was a white grease wrapped with white nylon, said as I am seeing it, it will produce millions of naira).

Me: start to produce the money nah, I can't wait.

419; how much do I have with me that he will multiply the money now.

Me: I am cashless this 200 naira left with me is tp fare.(whereas left with me was #700)
>>>likewise also, I just sold the new phone I bought worth 60+ few days ago to my colleagues in office same day when my sister called me she is in need of money. I choose of selling my phone and not giving her the one in my account. Thought I can't afford sending such a money and still be using a big phone. I would get broke.<<<

Werey Samaritan: #200 ke? That's too small. Iyen kere fun iru eyan bitie now.

Me: Haha oloshi, I said to myself did he just speak this English " That's too small". Can you kindly give him some money to multiply it because I don't have much.

Werey Samaritan: mi o ni owo lowo, o de dunmi.(i dont have money and its paininh me).

Me: kilowade toni #200 ti mofun kere abi chemical kole multiply ni? Afterall o ma multiply (why now saying #200 is small after all the chemical will multiply it or it cant')

419: okay bring it.

Me: I looked at him I gave him and hold on to my folder firmly.

419: (Magic moment with jazz), he took out of the grease and gave me, asked me to rubbed it with my #200 and with the handkerchief, I did. He collected my #200 back, brought a plain sized paper just like the one removed from a sticker, gave me to rubbed with handkerchief for 10 seconds, behold it turned to #200. Fast and sharply he collected the converted money..
ohoh.. what the hell? but still looking like mumu whereas I should have talked to my leg.

Me: let me see my own #200. He showed me with the converted one. Okay you guys are good with this chemical, I just have to leave now am running late, I will see you tomorrow. Can I now have my #200 naira? He said they will use it for me tomorrow, after I have #500 left.

I was astonished, he then placed his hand on my shoulder,immediately I lost my sense but not fully. He said I should give him the #500 which I did and said that tomorrow the #500 would have ready in multiple or do I have my ATM card with me to try and get cash and start doing it all night I will just come for it tomorrow morning.

I told him I don't have, he collected my folder, and said I am lying that I wanted to bridge the trust he has, then I told him the one with me has expired that I don't have money in it, he said am I sure. I said yes, he collected my folder searched and found it.

Mind you my second ATM was inside my id card holder whereby anytime I leave office I will put it under my cloth.

followed; the beast asked me of my phone in English ooo, the werey Samaritan that claimed of not understanding English replied in yoruba" Omo ode de lowa lowoe"( with him is a Nokia touch light phone)

Now set to leave, it was already 11:15pm. As I wanted to leave I regained back my sense. Now two men were standing few metres away from us, I couldn't see any passerby again after all its late.
The man said I can see the chemical works fine I said yes with smile, meanwhile I was using style putting my hand into pocket I noticed my #700 is no more there.

How do i get home? I told the beast that there isn't a way I can get home and bring the rest of the money tomorrow that he should give me #500 for tfare and expect me by 6am tomorrow morning. He obliged but gave me #200. I didn't argue with him.

Don't tell anybody oo or you die said by beast. I replied you mean mo ma Ku.. the beast said yes.
I said to myself haaaa werey alalubosa, and he was speaking ancient and confused language before.

$100, the oloshi Samaritan handed the money to the beast to convince him we are surely coming tomorrow.

Werey Samaritan: You know what Sir,take this money to convince you we are coming tomorrow.I am happy we meet you.. Oloriburuku somebody.
I didn't even say a word, I quietly leave.

Werey Samaritan: duro now, shebi ajowa ni( wait now after all we came here together).
I was just going, he ran close and said hes going to airport that where am I going, I frown replied him Ojota. He left.. I head towards the overhead bridge at the glass house to board a bus going to berger I just sensed someone ran back where we were coming from. I stopped , I quickly run follow to have a glimpse of who ran fast as the person resemble this Samaritan. Omg behold he was the one.

Let me stopped here but sha I was the one that brought up the drama to myself which out of my foolishness I went so length ..

since then I cultivate the habit of putting headset into my ears without playing music when walking along the road or inside the bus.

They make use of charm, I am telling. don't just fall victim of any.
That's not charm. It's hypnosis and the tap on your shoulder was the trigger

1 Like

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by DEEW: 4:28pm On Jun 11, 2018
Format 1 was my experience @ ketu,right under d bridge.... They didnt get me sha.. I got them...,their fath**
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by ReeLoaDead(m): 6:25am On May 17, 2019
Moyenii:
Wow. Same thing happened to me at ibadan last year on my way to bodija market. These people eehn. When they started their drama, I just screamed at the driver to drop me. angry
Smart move ... HBD btw.
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Moyenii(f): 8:51am On May 17, 2019
Thank you! smiley
ReeLoaDead:
Smart move ... HBD btw.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Shoprite Looters Paraded, Stolen Goods Recovered (Photos) / EFCC Arrested 89 Yahoo Boys In the Ibadan Night Club Raid (Pictures) / Montana Million: Linus Chioma Had Attacked His Killers On Facebook (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.