Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,633 members, 7,809,370 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! (62286 Views)

Mimi, A Popular Tiktoker Dies After Boyfriend Allegedly Used Her For Rituals / Fake Kidnap: Ameerah Sufyan Apologises For Misleading Police And The Public / Full List Of Nigerians Indicted For $1.1B Internet Scam In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by HolyHero: 5:16pm On Jun 08, 2018
Bro don't play yourself.. those guys use charms too

5 Likes

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by adecz: 5:16pm On Jun 08, 2018
Very old scams....

Where have you been??

1 Like

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Lakside1955(m): 5:16pm On Jun 08, 2018
Ok
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Stanleyville(m): 5:16pm On Jun 08, 2018
Omo no be mouth but I no fit fall for dis scam!!...

The process and waka too much for me to even begin involve..."I lazy grin

IPhone no dey shark me one bit!.

9 Likes

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:17pm On Jun 08, 2018
Have known this scam since 2005, the first happened at Oshodi but they no fit scam me. The second one happened at New Garage, Gbagada, he was talking about one herbal healer still I didn't fall for it. Some of them use jazz, but no be everybody jazz they catch, while some fell to this scam due to greediness.

8 Likes

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by rezzy: 5:17pm On Jun 08, 2018
All have been in existence since 19 kokoro.

Yr2k1, I was at mile 2 trying to board a bus to Oshodi, there no bus as rain fell heavily that day. One funny looking guy with Jerry curls hair and useless oyinbo accent approached me and said he brought woovens from Togo that he couldn't find his way around and asked if I knew one estate at mile 2 there I told him I didnt know anywhere around mile 2.

Before I knew It another man walked up to me and asked what the man was telling me, I narrated everything to him. The jerry curls guy came and said if I knew wharf that he had many things there like jeans, TV etc, that if I could take him to wharf, he would give me jeans, I told him I don't wear trousers, he quickly told me he had skirt too, then the other man said we should take him to wharf and collect money from him. I remember telling him I had lecture at Isolo and I'm running late but the other man was begging me to help the jerry curls guy

I told him even if I help him to his destination, I won't collect anything that I'm a child of God. Immediately, one aunty just hit me and said mumu where you dey since? I have been waiting for you and you are busy talking, I wanted to say aunty but I don't know you, she just winked at me and dragged me away, she then said you better enter motor fast and now, those are 419ners.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Gangster1ms: 5:18pm On Jun 08, 2018
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Sheuns(m): 5:18pm On Jun 08, 2018
shocked

Happened to me about 5-6yrs ago at Yaba. One bastard said he was from Cotonou and he lost his way or something there about, I was skeptical at first until one idiot came and started convincing me to help him. I agreed and got a bike that took us to Idi Araba where he claimed his goods were seized by customs and he wanted to meet one oga custom there to help him. I came back to my senses right away and knew it was all scam, I continued with them sha, he turned paper to money, the pastor came and did the saliva shit, collected the 3k I had on me then and said I should go and bring all the money I had at home for cleansing and I mustn't tell anyone else I'll die. I tried to drag with them, but they were beginning to get violent so I calmed down and told them I've heard, I got on a bike and went home never to return back, I told my people at home and I no die since then. About 3/4 yrs back again I came across some at Cele but just hissed and ignored them, the same story format as the first. I wanted to turn back and look for them so I can report them to some soldiers I saw but I changed my mind cos I was in a rush. Oloshi people them.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by IamAirforce1: 5:18pm On Jun 08, 2018
You fell for the scam because you wan be rich overnight .

This is an old trick

1 Like

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by mokt(m): 5:18pm On Jun 08, 2018
lordjosh:
THIS IS NIGERIA!

Everybody be Criminal
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by adejaresalami1(m): 5:18pm On Jun 08, 2018
There is this popular Yoruba saying that IFA MAN FANI LAPO YA.........This you want to get without struggles will come back to hunt you.

Shine your eyes...... Don't be deceived (blind) with eyes that big.

2 Likes

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by bjayx: 5:19pm On Jun 08, 2018
grin
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by daclint(m): 5:19pm On Jun 08, 2018
This thing happened to me in Enugu o, around 2015 /2016, bro their wash no be here o
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Mikeross62: 5:20pm On Jun 08, 2018
Ok
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by gbagyiza: 5:21pm On Jun 08, 2018
It is d greedy ones that always fall for this..
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by chloride6: 5:21pm On Jun 08, 2018
OP, you are a learner
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Viking007(m): 5:22pm On Jun 08, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Very old format...... I was almost a victim about 26 years ago at ojuelegba......
I thought it was just me. There's nothing new about these formats, only a terrible jjc will fall for this.

1 Like

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by WizBLANCE(m): 5:22pm On Jun 08, 2018
I enjoyed it as if in the literature section. nice story... thank you.
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 08, 2018
Most of their preys are the covetous. Even when I am freely offered # by those fraudulent people, my look is always enough to scare them away.
One guy be like, "weytin na,,.,,u suppose talk say u no want, why such face?"

Talk ko, speak in tongues ni,,,,make I talk & jejely b his mumugrin

2 Likes

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by UnknownQueen(f): 5:23pm On Jun 08, 2018
It also happened to me around that Pako, Masa Masa, barracks area.......around 2005, when I was processing my admission to Lady Ojo, my dear I almost became their victim, but I was their victim anyways, cos they collected my Sagem phone and 1,000 , they were fair enough to give me 500 naira for transport back to Epe, Ever since that happened , if any modafucker tried approaching me , I give them this fire look in my eyes....
Our people always say. "ONCE BEATEN , TWICE SHY"

3 Likes

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Teaser0904(f): 5:23pm On Jun 08, 2018
Lol,op you are not lying oo.Happened to me last two years at oshodi but as a sharp girl wey i be i come back to my number six.Those guys are always with fake $.If you know you know. grin Hain!cant even imagine myself following those guys,i was like shey e ya were,i be like person wey dey look for awuf?
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 08, 2018
Anybody who falls for these Rubbish their brains should be donated to monkeys.

Only greedy fools are scammed, think, if they can do all these Hocus pocus! why would they bother sharing the so called money or even share the secret of how the money is made with you?

Anybody who claims they were raped through these Crapy proccess is a moronic bitch!!

9 Likes

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by springtech(m): 5:24pm On Jun 08, 2018
Things are really happening.
And i can confidently say most people reading this have been scammed in a similar way at one time or the other in the past. But most people keep such nasty experiences to themselves, espacially ladies who got raped in the process.

Iso inu eku, amu mora.

3 Likes

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Draei: 5:24pm On Jun 08, 2018
Demonicide:
1 and 3 has happened to me before. Na God save me
Two out of three for only you?
A demon is truly inside of you.

4 Likes

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by AngelicBeing: 5:24pm On Jun 08, 2018
Chascop:
Africans and their magical powers..

Tell us Format 4 on how PMB won his election
Hahaha grin

1 Like

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 5:24pm On Jun 08, 2018
adedayoa2:
It happened to me o, in mile 2. That should be 2001

That's some freaking 17 years ago. I hope you weren't rape sha.
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Hedonisst: 5:24pm On Jun 08, 2018
I hate Nigerian girls. We guys give them too much credit. Yet they're mostly worthless.

Imagine opening your legs for a dirty idiot to Bleep you anyhow due to greed and gullibility on your part (in the name of scam) , but you'll later come and form decency for me abi? Useless things.

8 Likes

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Celense(m): 5:25pm On Jun 08, 2018
Wow, that's so real. Appreciate you for this information.
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by histemple: 5:25pm On Jun 08, 2018
Jasen1:

Wey that madam Philomena

They plenty for Abuja

I've encountered them twice berga and jabi

They scammed my cousin sister 25k

A cousin is either a Female cousin or a Male Cousin.

4 Likes

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by ItzBIM(m): 5:25pm On Jun 08, 2018
Only gullible and stupid people will fall for this.
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by adedayoa2(f): 5:26pm On Jun 08, 2018
SlayQueenSlayer:

That's some freaking 17 years ago. I hope you weren't rape sha.
I wasn't o, it was an agbero that saved me that day, so I couldn't follow them.
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Lexusgs430: 5:27pm On Jun 08, 2018
Viking007:
I thought it was just me. There's nothing new about these formats, only a terrible jjc will fall for this.

They initially asked me to spit on my palm, it appeared on the other side, they concluded I was charmed and required special prayers.

I was on my way to Ibadan, they could clearly see I was about to travel.... They now said if I travelled, I would die..

They asked me to start counting electric poles, I was counting like a mumu, I passed abalti barracks, was about the take the bend heading to the railway crossing, my senses instantly returned...... I told them I was no longer interested, shocked they where..... I ran for my life....

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Palliative Wahala: Some Funny Palliative Photos / Eiye & Viking Cultists Clash In AuchiPoly, Five Feared Dead / Zimbabwean Man Falls Asleep After Raping 65-year-old Woman In Her Bedroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.