Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! (62326 Views)

Mimi, A Popular Tiktoker Dies After Boyfriend Allegedly Used Her For Rituals / Fake Kidnap: Ameerah Sufyan Apologises For Misleading Police And The Public / Full List Of Nigerians Indicted For $1.1B Internet Scam In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by tayo200(m): 11:29pm On Jun 08, 2018
although, I have never been tested with any of the format, but seriously, how will I follow a stranger to somewhere. if it's not jazz, it can never happen to me.... if you like, promise me the whole world...
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Captinmaliq(m): 11:33pm On Jun 08, 2018
They tried the shit with me at airport junction jabi you have to see the way I chase them

1 Like

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by olaife80: 11:41pm On Jun 08, 2018
Mine was at computer village. I was working along opposite the glass house on one faithful night to board a vehicle to express when a man walked towards me and told me he's from Togo and asked me for direction to a hotel, which I kindly did.
He came back again to ask how true the direction I gave to him was when another man behaving like a Samaritan also walked down close, he asked samaritan and he said the guy(I) has given the correct place. Immediately this man brought out $100 to share between me and the Samaritan guy (the crazy dude handed it over to the idiotic samaritan man).

Immediately the man left after telling us (me and samaritan man)to share the money. What next? I asked the man, abeg I am on my way home we need to cut this money into two asap. The man said do I have money with me to give him and go ahead with the dollar, I said no.
Fast forward he said bro this man is so cheerful oo it will be better for us to relate with him, help him to where he's going so as not to fall on wrong hand..I obliged ..

We started searching for this man, I didn't see his whereabout but nah the Samaritan showed me where he passed after few minutes of my curious searching, told me we should follow one kind path we should be able to get him.

Behold as we were moving closer to this man, he kept running, now the Samaritan started saying to me that "Bro, eyah o ma se oo, this man thinks we want to kidnapped him or collect his money whereas we want to help him".

Anyway he later stopped and started talking as if he's feverish " pls pls pls I don't know why you are following me, is it because am a foreigner" . The Samaritan man now said no we want to help you that you are kind and a good person, you have helped us we must also help you.

I didn't still notice they are scammers but my own intention was to even scam my way out with the dollar with werey Samaritan.

Behold it was already 9:45pm and my journey is still far as I was heading to Magboro before I met these demons in human flesh. I still have no iota of how it will end.. Though am not a kinda fast forward or curious person, I am someone that study and thread softly before doing things maybe that was faired for me on this hectic friday.

Hmmmmm, this bastard said he doesn't know any place in Lagos that he was then asking for hotel he lodged into, that he has so many things he brought but the fair to mix with people so as not to take advantage of him as a foreigner that's why he hasn't disposed it.
Mind you the talk about sharing the dollar is not forthcoming again because no where to change it or me giving out naira but my mind still with it.

This man then called me closer that he would share something's with me and I shouldn't let the Samaritan knows because the way he saw me I am a gentle young guy and trustworthy, that I should vow.. Now I said wow, that's good if you have trust in me but refused to make useless vow.
He said he has a lot of goods he brought and ready to sell, that he will give me the goods and give him 50% and i hold with 50%.
ooohh good that's a great business.. laughing out loud.. mean while I forgotten sharing $100 with the Samaritan..

What next? Did I scape through? How did I go about it? Mind you on that day I have with me my two ATM card, one with 60k and second with none but expired card..

Mehn it is a long comic story. The first method op mentioned was the one used on me anyway.

1 Like

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by teewhydope(m): 12:02am On Jun 09, 2018
olaife80:
Mine was at computer village. I was working along opposite the glass house on one faithful night to board a vehicle to express when a man walked towards me and told me he's from Togo and asked me for direction to a hotel, which I kindly did.
He came back again to ask how true the direction I gave to him was when another man behaving like a Samaritan also walked down close, he asked samaritan and he said the guy(I) has given the correct place. Immediately this man brought out $100 to share between me and the Samaritan guy (the crazy dude handed it over to the idiotic samaritan man).

Immediately the man left after telling us (me and samaritan man)to share the money. What next? I asked the man, abeg I am on my way home we need to cut this money into two asap. The man said do I have money with me to give him and go ahead with the dollar, I said no.
Fast forward he said bro this man is so cheerful oo it will be better for us to relate with him, help him to where he's going so as not to fall on wrong hand..I obliged ..

We started searching for this man, I didn't see his whereabout but nah the Samaritan showed me where he passed after few minutes of my curious searching, told me we should follow one kind path we should be able to get him.

Behold as we were moving closer to this man, he kept running, now the Samaritan started saying to me that "Bro, eyah o ma se oo, this man thinks we want to kidnapped him or collect his money whereas we want to help him".

Anyway he later stopped and started talking as if he's feverish " pls pls pls I don't know why you are following me, is it because am a foreigner" . The Samaritan man now said no we want to help you that you are kind and a good person, you have helped us we must also help you.

I didn't still notice they are scammers but my own intention was to even scam my way out with the dollar with werey Samaritan.

Behold it was already 9:45pm and my journey is still far as I was heading to Magboro before I met these demons in human flesh. I still have no iota of how it will end.. Though am not a kinda fast forward or curious person, I am someone that study and thread softly before doing things maybe that was faired for me on this hectic friday.

Hmmmmm, this bastard said he doesn't know any place in Lagos that he was then asking for hotel he lodged into, that he has so many things he brought but the fair to mix with people so as not to take advantage of him as a foreigner that's why he hasn't disposed it.
Mind you the talk about sharing the dollar is not forthcoming again because no where to change it or me giving out naira but my mind still with it.

This man then called me closer that he would share something's with me and I shouldn't let the Samaritan knows because the way he saw me I am a gentle young guy and trustworthy, that I should vow.. Now I said wow, that's good if you have trust in me but refused to make useless vow.
He said he has a lot of goods he brought and ready to sell, that he will give me the goods and give him 50% and i hold with 50%.
ooohh good that's a great business.. laughing out loud.. mean while I forgotten sharing $100 with the Samaritan..

What next? Did I scape through? How did I go about it? Mind you on that day I have with me my two ATM card, one with 60k and second with none but expired card..

Mehn it is a long comic story. The first method op mentioned was the one used on me anyway.

I'm highly disappointed in you for not completing this interesting experience sad

4 Likes

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Ade3000yrs(m): 12:05am On Jun 09, 2018
hmmm
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Ade3000yrs(m): 12:08am On Jun 09, 2018
poverty repackaging. I was once approached in Ojuelegba too who attempted to sell me d same cock and bull stories, but i am to sophisticated to buy cheap lies even if it were from Donald Trump as they all eventually scampered away in different directions. The truth is, this people only succeed in carrying out their scheme on big eye and greedy people

1 Like

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Komu1048(m): 12:28am On Jun 09, 2018
This one happen to my friend a driver in Ibadan, after dropping the last passenger he decided to urinate, while easing himself a guy stood beside him telling him he will pay for urinating there.... Jokingly he responded that may be we have to pay ourselves because we are both guilty
Later d guy move toward him saying u r so scare with what I said that u pee on yourself dragging his trouser from the base. That was when my friend sense foul play but he was wondering while he have the guts to pull his trouser he reach out to his pocket n his phone n 10k he made for the day is gone. But that was when d guy climb the bike waiting for him already. He worked for d idiot that day. All their conversation was in yoruba

1 Like

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Therealev: 12:38am On Jun 09, 2018
But in reality, all this shid will only work if you're greedy.
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by princefelix44(m): 12:52am On Jun 09, 2018
Format 3 has happened to two of my relatives.
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 1:34am On Jun 09, 2018
cheesycheesycheesy, I remember when I encountered this lunatics in Yaba. After seeing all their format, I come dey reason to scam dem sef, you know as a sharp lagos boy....Those fools no dey hol money sef apart from those fake dollars
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by NigelCundy: 2:30am On Jun 09, 2018
Mine happened at Ikorodu late last year. I was returning from work and I just alighted from the BRT I took from Barracks. There were many of us walking at the same time so one guy hit my wristwatch and I looked at him immediately and he said bros, you no see say you hit my hand? Shockingly that he was the one who hit me but I said sorry and wanted to proceed but then he came close and dragged me that do I want to injure him or what, he jerked up my trouser like he wanted to fight me and I started shouting at him that I already apologized, what's his problem. He left immediately. After I crossed to the other side of the road, i touched my pocket to bring out my phone cos I usually walk with it in my hands in crowded places, but this one time I forgot to, I paid heavily for it...my phone was gone! I immediately crossed back and was running even almost collided with a car. I searched and even asked people selling at the middle of the road if they saw the guy, no one did. So, I went home with my big bag of L that day. It was a heart wrenching experience for me. It was like my whole life was stolen from me.... That's how important our phones are nowadays. Till date, I always hold my phone and wallet in my hands everywhere I go.
Some people are professionals in pick pocketing. Just pray to God you don't fall victim, and be very vigilant even on your very stressful days. God bless Nigeria!

4 Likes

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by koolaid87: 3:52am On Jun 09, 2018
She was your Angel

rezzy:
All have been in existewasnce since 19 kokoro.

Yr2k1, I was at mile 2 trying to board a bus to Oshodi, there no bus as rain fell heavily that day. One funny looking guy with Jerry curls hair and useless oyinbo accent approached me and said he brought woovens from Togo that he couldn't find his way around and asked if I knew one estate at mile 2 there I told him I didnt know anywhere around mile 2.

Before I knew It another man walked up to me and asked what the man was telling me, I narrated everything to him. The jerry curls guy came and said if I knew wharf that he had many things there like jeans, TV etc, that if I could take him to wharf, he would give me jeans, I told him I don't wear trousers, he quickly told me he had skirt too, then the other man said we should take him to wharf and collect money from him. I remember telling him I had lecture at Isolo and I'm running late but the other man was begging me to help the jerry curls guy

I told him even if I help him to his destination, I won't collect anything that I'm a child of God. Immediately, one aunty just hit me and said mumu where you dey since? I have been waiting for you and you are busy talking, I wanted to say aunty but I don't know you, she just winked at me and dragged me away, she then said you better enter motor fast and now, those are 419ners.

2 Likes

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by dopemama(f): 5:03am On Jun 09, 2018
Durhleepee:
They tried the No. 3 on me in a taxi I boarded at Secretariat Ibadan. They (driver and a male passenger) started arguing on their imaginary dollars, the driver argued that the money bag does not belong to the passenger that it must be that of an old woman that alighted earlier and that they would've to go back to their park to settle it. I didn't say a thing because I knew immediately they were scammers, then the driver asked for my opinion, I just shouted at him to drop me, I no dey go again
same thing happened to me oo exactly sef! Na God Almighty save me walahi
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by GRACEGLORY: 5:11am On Jun 09, 2018
NigelCundy:
Mine happened at Ikorodu late last year. I was returning from work and I just alighted from the BRT I took from Barracks. There were many of us walking at the same time so one guy hit my wristwatch and I looked at him immediately and he said bros, you no see say you hit my hand? Shockingly that he was the one who hit me but I said sorry and wanted to proceed but then he came close and dragged me that do I want to injure him or what, he jerked up my trouser like he wanted to fight me and I started shouting at him that I already apologized, what's his problem. He left immediately. After I crossed to the other side of the road, i touched my pocket to bring out my phone cos I usually walk with it in my hands in crowded places, but this one time I forgot to, I paid heavily for it...my phone was gone! I immediately crossed back and was running even almost collided with a car. I searched and even asked people selling at the middle of the road if they saw the guy, no one did. So, I went home with my big bag of L that day. It was a heart wrenching experience for me. It was like my whole life was stolen from me.... That's how important our phones are nowadays. Till date, I always hold my phone and wallet in my hands everywhere I go.
Some people are professionals in pick pocketing. Just pray to God you don't fall victim, and be very vigilant even on your very stressful days. God bless Nigeria!

That was a pathetic one, I'm sorry dear.
Some of these pickpockets are so good that they picked somebody's eyes at the bus stop, and he didn't know it until he got to his destination.

1 Like

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by sunsewa16: 5:53am On Jun 09, 2018
was a victim of the first format 1994 at bale road AJ city when I was just a Johnny just come in Lagos (jjc)
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by softworldsystem(m): 5:57am On Jun 09, 2018
Chascop:
Africans and their magical powers..

Tell us Format 4 on how PMB won his election

chai, cannot stop laughing

1 Like

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by jaymex: 6:16am On Jun 09, 2018
I got hit with number one at Oyingbo market, a foreigner approach me speaking french with faintly lace piggin English to request for my help to help him convert naira to cephas . He claimed all other marketers like him left him after they sold their goods to the mercy of Nigerian buyers, he deals in laptop, Nokia phones. The second guy as OP narate came to tell that bastard talking to you needs to be taught a lesson that this is Lagos . On hearing this I decided to help the guy cos the supposed foreigner said he once approached the guy for help but he can't trust him cos of the way talked that he might connived with the buyer s to shortchange him, I decided to help. He brought out some dollars to pay for tfare to where the goods are at yaba ( Still help them to pay with my money oo) on getting to the new they changed the status quo to printing money as OP stated ( they sense am not greedy) then they sized me with their little magic , with real smoke coming all over my body, I had to wait cos they said since I will die in next 30 min if I leave. Another came into the picture asking how much I have in my bank account, I lied I don't have any, then the guy told me 3 days ago your dad send u 10k and the total money is 11k (call the figure with the naira Kobo that follows as if he had my statement of acct with him) that was how the lead me to luth ATM to withdraw the cash and pay for revival . Immediately I left i wish I could relate but fear of their threat gripped that had to my people that I was robbed. The same format was used on a friend I met in the university in 2011. This Scam is real Since 2009

1 Like

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by jaymichael(m): 7:30am On Jun 09, 2018
sunsewa16:
was a victim of the first format 1994 at bale road AJ city when I was just a Johnny just come in Lagos (jjc)
Lol, them no carry you go back of canal for oregie side? them those guys na Kola, Afam, feeling good, etc from 2 omowunmi their base. Them no use omo wash money for you? did you see that their so called chemical? na coke and kerosene dem mix. My seat mate for secondary school lived in a compound and the landlord na their patron so he exposed all their secrets to me. They will send someone to buy omo and the guy man will open the omo on the way put a crisp naira note inside. They will put a light "chemical paper" cut in the size of money, put water and their fake chemical in a bucket then pout the omo detergent with the note unknown to you. They will then squeeze the chemical paper till it dissolve while pretending to wash money for you. They will now being out the crispy note hidden inside the omo detergent earlier.
The day one was foolish to stop me on the way one day, I called his name and the name of some of his colleagues and told him area supposed recognize area especially when him supposed dey see me for omowunmi street, he just burst out laughing. I used to wonder how people fall for their cheap tricks because they are always dirty, hungry looking with nothing better to do than smoking weed all and fighting all over oregie and Ajegunle those days. They grew to so much nuisance that they gang up to beat up area people that attempt to "knock" their job. We later chased them out of the community. The stubborn ones that refused to leave were given the beating of their lives.
Those areas don safe now. Na wetin never happen for street?

4 Likes

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 09, 2018
11years ago.. I was a victim of format 1. Exactly how it happened I tell you.
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by akprosperblog(m): 10:12am On Jun 09, 2018
TheUbermensch:
Word, OP.

There's also another scam I've been told about and also experienced.

It works best when you're wearing a sandal. A young guy would approach you to tell you you aren't putting on the Sandals well. He'd further say that the way you are wearing it may spoil it. Now when this was happening to me I didn't dismiss the nigga immediately. Indeed I was experiencing a certain pain in my foot from the Sandals. "Maybe I wasn't wearing it well I thought".

The best thing to do in this situation is to dismiss them. Be very harsh. Raise an alarm if possible.

But if you don't they'd keep on commenting on your Sandals. The guy would later say he makes sandals and he can help you readjust it so it won't spoil. At this point you should really really tell him off.

But if you don't, and you shrug and let him come to adjust your Sandals, he'd ask you to see him. Then he'd be readjusting your foot sort of. At this point all your concentration is on your foot and what exactly the guy would do.

Alas! What's really happening is as you bend, he's dipping his hands into your pocket and you'd be in a position where you won't feel it. Maybe they use Jarz I don't know.

When it was happening to me I let the nigga have a go at my foot. I wanted to see how exactly it worked. He kept on readjusting my foot and telling me to bend down, but my eyes were on my trouser pockets.

He was lucky he got away with a knock from me. Had I seen the policeman at the bend of the street I'd have handed him over.

Bottom line: Y'all have to be wise in the street of Lagos.
I've fall for this before. the guy removed 1k+ from my pocket without me knowing. someone wanted to do it another time I dismissed him immediately.
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 10:48am On Jun 09, 2018
adedayoa2:
I wasn't o, it was an agbero that saved me that day, so I couldn't follow them.

Good to know that.
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by NoToPile: 11:51am On Jun 09, 2018
Hehehe same old same old.

Wanted to use the format on me at okoko bustop waiting for LASU bus around 2007 I think, that they bought some goods it was stuck at cotonu and one woman's money was involved, blabla can't really remember the whole gist also some things about wharf and I would get some share, was mentioned before you knew it another one appeared at my side beside the guy( accomplice) encouraging me to help the first guy na. I sha told him that since he knows about it he should help him na.

That's how one agbero passed by my front and 'looked' at me, as a typical lagosian and someone that knows 'oju' I got the message instantly, I just moved from both of them. grin grin

Same same nooni

1 Like

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by dfrost: 11:53am On Jun 09, 2018
Nasri100:
In summary, Only greed can make you fall for this scam.

Word!
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by sunsewa16: 11:54am On Jun 09, 2018
jaymichael:
Lol, them no carry you go back of canal for oregie side? them those guys na Kola, Afam, feeling good, etc from 2 omowunmi their base. Them no use omo wash money for you? did you see that their so called chemical? na coke and kerosene dem mix. My seat mate for secondary school lived in a compound and the landlord na their patron so he exposed all their secrets to me. They will send someone to buy omo and the guy man will open the omo on the way put a crisp naira note inside. They will put a light "chemical paper" cut in the size of money, put water and their fake chemical in a bucket then pout the omo detergent with the note unknown to you. They will then squeeze the chemical paper till it dissolve while pretending to wash money for you. They will now being out the crispy note hidden inside the omo detergent earlier.
The day one was foolish to stop me on the way one day, I called his name and the name of some of his colleagues and told him area supposed recognize area especially when him supposed dey see me for omowunmi street, he just burst out laughing. I used to wonder how people fall for their cheap tricks because they are always dirty, hungry looking with nothing better to do than smoking weed all and fighting all over oregie and Ajegunle those days. They grew to so much nuisance that they gang up to beat up area people that attempt to "knock" their job. We later chased them out of the community. The stubborn ones that refused to leave were given the beating of their lives.
Those areas don safe now. Na wetin never happen for street?

yes ur right, na oregie side,they took me to,either by that cpm bus stop or within that area, I wonder what they have become of,if they are still alive.
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by yoged(m): 12:14pm On Jun 09, 2018
Reasons why I don't talk to strangers on the road. Say hi , waive at me, I wont respond when I don't know you. I don't have time for shit. Den plenty for iwo road , and some part of Ibadan.
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by realoscar84(m): 12:36pm On Jun 09, 2018
Chai, I don laff tire this afternoon reading series of comments.

TheUbermensch:
Word, OP.

There's also another scam I've been told about and also experienced.

It works best when you're wearing a sandal. A young guy would approach you to tell you you aren't putting on the Sandals well. He'd further say that the way you are wearing it may spoil it. Now when this was happening to me I didn't dismiss the nigga immediately. Indeed I was experiencing a certain pain in my foot from the Sandals. "Maybe I wasn't wearing it well I thought".

The best thing to do in this situation is to dismiss them. Be very harsh. Raise an alarm if possible.

But if you don't they'd keep on commenting on your Sandals. The guy would later say he makes sandals and he can help you readjust it so it won't spoil. At this point you should really really tell him off.

But if you don't, and you shrug and let him come to adjust your Sandals, he'd ask you to see him. Then he'd be readjusting your foot sort of. At this point all your concentration is on your foot and what exactly the guy would do.

Alas! What's really happening is as you bend, he's dipping his hands into your pocket and you'd be in a position where you won't feel it. Maybe they use Jarz I don't know.

When it was happening to me I let the nigga have a go at my foot. I wanted to see how exactly it worked. He kept on readjusting my foot and telling me to bend down, but my eyes were on my trouser pockets.

He was lucky he got away with a knock from me. Had I seen the policeman at the bend of the street I'd have handed him over.

Bottom line: Y'all have to be wise in the street of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by rafcrown(m): 1:06pm On Jun 09, 2018
ALWAYS OPEN UP TO SOMEBODY CLOSE TO YOU ABOUT YOUR movements,encounters,transactions etc.
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by jaymichael(m): 1:25pm On Jun 09, 2018
sunsewa16:

yes ur right, na oregie side,they took me to,either by that cpm bus stop or within that area, I wonder what they have become of,if they are still alive.
That canal by that CPM church na there be them operational base na. Some are dead, some left the hustle, some smallie took over from them, the ones that are still in the hustle are still the way they were VERY HAGGARD, only much worse. Na that CPM church street I dey live na, about two houses near CPM. Ekundayo street. Those MOFOs later shifted operational office from Omowunmi street to My street. The very house opposite CPM church. Na my friend girlfriend papa get the building. I friend one of the man daughter sef for a brief period. The man is late now. He was their patron during this period. If I mention his name now, those wey be area go know but as I described, those wey know still know.
I don leave area now but I still dey enter Aj once a while.

1 Like

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by sunsewa16: 3:06pm On Jun 09, 2018
jaymichael:
That canal by that CPM church na there be them operational base na. Some are dead, some left the hustle, some smallie took over from them, the ones that are still in the hustle are still the way they were VERY HAGGARD, only much worse. Na that CPM church street I dey live na, about two houses near CPM. Ekundayo street. Those MOFOs later shifted operational office from Omowunmi street to My street. The very house opposite CPM church. Na my friend girlfriend papa get the building. I friend one of the man daughter sef for a brief period. The man is late now. He was their patron during this period. If I mention his name now, those wey be area go know but as I described, those wey know still know.
I don leave area now but I still dey enter Aj once a while.

correct area man u be,Ajeeeegunlee.
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by olaife80: 3:27pm On Jun 09, 2018
teewhydope:
I'm highly disappointed in you for not completing this interesting experience sad

Bro its a tale I don't like talking about but I will share it in short..

After this man told me about the goods he brought, he saw how I showed feelings on it and thought of his mind in one stupid language that I am doomed.
Following our conversation right from start this mad Samaritan hasn't been speaking English but Yoruba convincing me hardly he can't speak English language, then drama now start freshly after all the Mr nice guy I have done to him.
You start to wonder how someone can live Lagos for over twenty years and doesn't understand broken English. Anyway I continued to be calm and watchful.

Man; (Talking and stammering for the first time, now I started the full study on them) I see you are a good and responsible somebody unlike your friend that doesn't understand my language, the way he looks even scared me and he doesn't trust him that was why he called me forward. I hope he's a good man also sha? Hey, see see, I mean see the guy, you too see how hes looking like a stupid somebody, I hope you are not the type?said by the beast. I replied the guy is a good man he needed not be scared.

>>>>>>Mind you, I have asked the Oloriburuku Samaritan his biography after the beast gave us the money to share just for me to know how I will handle him and the money.
When we had conversation together he talked in Yoruba but with little broken english but how fool he was for him not to noticed I knew he understand English.
Believe me the money is original dollar note because I can spot the difference between it and fake. So I tried to convince him for me to get the dollar, the oloshi man didn't leave it..<<<<<

We started talking walked along from Allen Avenue to Mobolaji Bank Anthony way, he said so far he hope I didn't ask the Samaritan any question... Hahahaha buahahah..I said No, he said am I sure I said no that I will like to stop here and move forward to my Journey.
He said the goods he brought are only for me not for Samaritan that he would also give something's add up to it.
Can you please make it fast please? he said we should walked close down to olowu str, I obliged. Mind you I don't have interest at first but I really want to know their ways to fullest whereas also my time is going.

Before getting to Olowu Str he said we should sit somewhere under a tree. The man left to a den place which I knew part and cronies of there after so much years I spent in computer village.

I asked the Samaritan that is there any hotel along the place the beast went to, he said yes. I lol in my mind and frown face then he asked me why did I asked I said nothing that the hotel must be a stars one,the mumu said yes.
He started telling me that he has no idea of what is going on again that I didn't relate what the man said, I calm him down that nothing special so far that I will be going now if he continue disturbing me. Lol....this idiot start to beg me that to collect the goods from the man is main important to him.

The man arrived, >>>before he left he has talkled about the chemical money making and how Obasanjo, Tinubu and the rest billionaires are tripping to Togo for it, that he is privileged as a son of the ex president seeing how Nigerians are suffering whereas his father and our politicians have clue together in using this chemical for money making that was the main reason he came to Nigeria to expose them<<<.

I started to ask myself questions?
Chemical for money making?
How can a president son brought goods to sell?
You came to Nigeria to expose your dad and his crooks. How is that possible?

And how can someone live in Lagos for 20 yrs + and doesn't understand pigin even agberos and area boys can speak to some extent.

I hope I didn't ask the Samaritan any further questions, I should stay away from him? I replied in my mind, am I stupid, You gave the oloshi called Samaritan the dollar, the man you said he isn't a trustworthy man now telling me I should stay away hes a bad person. OK oo

Omg, this is beautiful, showing excitement to their stupidity.. Thank God I will have money in life, I have put my enemies into shame. I must make it..
The dunce thought in their stupid mind I am a beautiful maga whereas I don come down from their bus so tey..

Chemical money making drama started!
If you want to get rich fast, go as well and asked your well wishers to dig your grave fast.

While sitting I saw two rogue guys walked along going back to Allen, few minutes came back again. I smiled and talked to myself I have just few minutes to spend or else it will be another story.

419: sorry it took me so long, I was scared of coming out because I saw some weird people. Brought out the chemical and showed me( it was a white grease wrapped with white nylon, said as I am seeing it, it will produce millions of naira).

Me: start to produce the money nah, I can't wait.

419; how much do I have with me that he will multiply the money now.

Me: I am cashless this 200 naira left with me is tp fare.(whereas left with me was #700)
>>>likewise also, I just sold the new phone I bought worth 60+ few days ago to my colleagues in office same day when my sister called me she is in need of money. I choose of selling my phone and not giving her the one in my account. Thought I can't afford sending such a money and still be using a big phone. I would get broke.<<<

Werey Samaritan: #200 ke? That's too small. Iyen kere fun iru eyan bitie now.

Me: Haha oloshi, I said to myself did he just speak this English " That's too small". Can you kindly give him some money to multiply it because I don't have much.

Werey Samaritan: mi o ni owo lowo, o de dunmi.(i dont have money and its paininh me).

Me: kilowade toni #200 ti mofun kere abi chemical kole multiply ni? Afterall o ma multiply (why now saying #200 is small after all the chemical will multiply it or it cant')

419: okay bring it.

Me: I looked at him I gave him and hold on to my folder firmly.

419: (Magic moment with jazz), he took out of the grease and gave me, asked me to rubbed it with my #200 and with the handkerchief, I did. He collected my #200 back, brought a plain sized paper just like the one removed from a sticker, gave me to rubbed with handkerchief for 10 seconds, behold it turned to #200. Fast and sharply he collected the converted money..
ohoh.. what the hell? but still looking like mumu whereas I should have talked to my leg.

Me: let me see my own #200. He showed me with the converted one. Okay you guys are good with this chemical, I just have to leave now am running late, I will see you tomorrow. Can I now have my #200 naira? He said they will use it for me tomorrow, after I have #500 left.

I was astonished, he then placed his hand on my shoulder,immediately I lost my sense but not fully. He said I should give him the #500 which I did and said that tomorrow the #500 would have ready in multiple or do I have my ATM card with me to try and get cash and start doing it all night I will just come for it tomorrow morning.

I told him I don't have, he collected my folder, and said I am lying that I wanted to bridge the trust he has, then I told him the one with me has expired that I don't have money in it, he said am I sure. I said yes, he collected my folder searched and found it.

Mind you my second ATM was inside my id card holder whereby anytime I leave office I will put it under my cloth.

followed; the beast asked me of my phone in English ooo, the werey Samaritan that claimed of not understanding English replied in yoruba" Omo ode de lowa lowoe"( with him is a Nokia touch light phone)

Now set to leave, it was already 11:15pm. As I wanted to leave I regained back my sense. Now two men were standing few metres away from us, I couldn't see any passerby again after all its late.
The man said I can see the chemical works fine I said yes with smile, meanwhile I was using style putting my hand into pocket I noticed my #700 is no more there.

How do i get home? I told the beast that there isn't a way I can get home and bring the rest of the money tomorrow that he should give me #500 for tfare and expect me by 6am tomorrow morning. He obliged but gave me #200. I didn't argue with him.

Don't tell anybody oo or you die said by beast. I replied you mean mo ma Ku.. the beast said yes.
I said to myself haaaa werey alalubosa, and he was speaking ancient and confused language before.

$100, the oloshi Samaritan handed the money to the beast to convince him we are surely coming tomorrow.

Werey Samaritan: You know what Sir,take this money to convince you we are coming tomorrow.I am happy we meet you.. Oloriburuku somebody.
I didn't even say a word, I quietly leave.

Werey Samaritan: duro now, shebi ajowa ni( wait now after all we came here together).
I was just going, he ran close and said hes going to airport that where am I going, I frown replied him Ojota. He left.. I head towards the overhead bridge at the glass house to board a bus going to berger I just sensed someone ran back where we were coming from. I stopped , I quickly run follow to have a glimpse of who ran fast as the person resemble this Samaritan. Omg behold he was the one.

Let me stopped here but sha I was the one that brought up the drama to myself which out of my foolishness I went so length ..

since then I cultivate the habit of putting headset into my ears without playing music when walking along the road or inside the bus.

They make use of charm, I am telling. don't just fall victim of any.

4 Likes

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by casualobserver1: 7:16pm On Jun 09, 2018
shamecurls:
This started in 1925 during the fall of Olaolu's cartel

One would have never believed it will become a tradition

Can you please tell us more about this Cartel? I always love to learn history.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Shoprite Looters Paraded, Stolen Goods Recovered (Photos) / EFCC Arrested 89 Yahoo Boys In the Ibadan Night Club Raid (Pictures) / Caleb Obari Mark Found Dead! Missing Nigerian Student In Ukraine Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.