Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,683 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? (11209 Views)

Poll: Should She?

Yes its Alright: 12% (19 votes)
No its Wrong: 87% (131 votes)
This poll has ended

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As Unmarried. / Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. / My Family Is In Shambles Because Of An Ex-boy Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by oisehumen(m): 12:22pm On Jun 02, 2010
Very sensitive and controversial issue.

The risks involved thereof are far more than the benefits, so my answer is NO.
If the woman accepts financial support from her ex-boyfriend, there are chances that the two former lovebirds could re-enact their once sizzling relationship.
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by Faher(m): 12:30pm On Jun 02, 2010
adamse:

it depends on certain conditions.if they still maintain a good relationship,why not?without or with the husbands consent.without ,because the hubby probably likes his ego,definately wouldnt  give consent to an assistance from his wifes ex.but since they are really in need of cash,the wife could do it secretly.BUT NO STRINGS ATTACHED. If then,a string has to be attached,assistance should be seeked somewhere else.

When will you wake up and smell the coffee?
I always hear this crap from ladies but the truth is - it's never the case
There's always strings attached (believe it or not), I've been on there before (the ex-bf angle) cheesy

So, I'll say a big NO
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by beey2(m): 12:34pm On Jun 02, 2010
Ans:  HELL NO FOR ALL REASONS AND INTENT
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by otokx(m): 12:40pm On Jun 02, 2010
What kind of financial assistance will a married lady need that her husband cannot provide abi is she ojukokoro?
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by prudC: 12:47pm On Jun 02, 2010
I think it is wrong. I know of a lady that does that and the guy in question will always give her excuses and will never give her any more. He says it is an insult on the husband.
she asked for money when she was pregnant and also asked for money after delivery claiming that things are difficult for the husband. Somehow i feel she wants extra cash because her husband has never talked with this guy before and does not know him.
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by deeplo(m): 12:58pm On Jun 02, 2010
To be candid, if the lady in question agrees to bring her hubby in the deal if not there should be no deal. I once had a babe like that she keep asking me to assist her financially but i always find one excuse of the other, but the day i told her that she is not the right person to ask me that since she is married "happily", rather her husband shld be the one or perhaps inform her husband about wat she askn from me since am just a friend to her not EX. since that day (2009) she never call me back nor flash.

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by MissyB1(m): 1:20pm On Jun 02, 2010
d bigrod:

[size=16pt]
IS THIS D MISSY B I KNOW?WERE U BANNED?
[/size]
Nah!!!
There's only one Missy B on NL and that's ME. smiley
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by buttkick: 1:24pm On Jun 02, 2010
VERY INTERESTING COMMENTS. THE ONE ABOUT GETTING BANK LOANS IS LAUGHABLE.
I DONT THINK ITS A ONE SIZE FITS ALL ANSWER. IVE HAD AN EX THAT NEEDED ASSISTANCE WHICH I GAVE WHOLE HEARTEDLY WITHOUT FLINCHING. SHE MAY NOT WANT TO LET THE HUSBAND INTO IT IN ORDER NOT TO HURT HIS EGO. HE MAY ALSO SAY NO IN PRIDE BUT DOES NOT HAVE AN ALTERNATIVE.

SHE MAY ALSO USE IT AS AN AVENUE TO GET BACK IN WITH THE EX. SHE MAY ALSO BE PLAIN INNOCENT DESPERATE TO HELP OUT IN HER MARRIAGE OWING TO THE CIRCUMSTANCE. EACH CIRCUMSTANCE DESERVES ITS OWN INDIVIDUAL ASSESSEMENT AND JUDGEMENT.
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by dbigrod(m): 1:36pm On Jun 02, 2010
[size=16pt]
Missy B:

Nah!!!
There's only one Missy B on NL and that's ME. smiley

THANK GOD O.IF THEY BAN U,I`LL SELL MY NAIRALAND SHARES. grin grin
[/size]
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by ibrocateng(m): 1:42pm On Jun 02, 2010
YYYY? U said very rich ex-boyfriend. Atleast y did she leave him in the first instance.Is it that the ex-boyfriend dont have have money then so what is she now looking  for again. tongue shocked
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by MissyB1(m): 1:45pm On Jun 02, 2010
d bigrod:

[size=16pt]
THANK GOD O.IF THEY BAN U,I`LL SELL MY NAIRALAND SHARES. grin  grin
[/size]
Lol. T's all good!!
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 02, 2010
its funny how most people saying NO are placing the husband's ego as a reason not to ask for the loan.

i would understand if the lady wanted the loan to buy herself some new shoes BUT if the loan was to feed her damn kids or pay the rent before they get thrown out in the street THEN the hubby's ego is irrelevant.

now, the important question that we have to ask the poster is: WHAT IS THE LOAN FOR?!
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by jaybee3(m): 1:46pm On Jun 02, 2010
No biggie as long as it's done with clear mind.
Question is can it be done with clear mind   Most Nigerian men are known to only do favours for there opposites after the taste of that sweet thang  embarassed
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by osifred(m): 1:54pm On Jun 02, 2010
i think it depend on d situation. your ex gf/bf should was once ur friend and if u have d heart to ask he for financial assistance dat means he/she is stil your friend(jst assuming). for me pride should nt be d case here because d husband probably cant assist financially.

i wil and am stil helping my ex, even more dan my gf even though i dont want anytin 4rm her, my gf is aware of dat
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by Toromo: 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2010
No,not proper cos he can take advantage of that and the marriage messed up.be careful u woman
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 02, 2010
@topic

Are they friends?
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by dmola(m): 2:43pm On Jun 02, 2010
wat stupid frnds is tht ,
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by jamestab: 2:50pm On Jun 02, 2010
ex-boyfriends and ex-girlfriends, should stay exed,
nothing should bring them together, no matter the financial difficulties.
if they were that friendly and helpful to eachother, their relationship should
have been happily ever after,
so, if they are exes, they should remain so exed!
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by rubi(f): 2:52pm On Jun 02, 2010
Going to your ex to borrow money? that is a red flag Hell No!!!!
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by timmy(m): 2:53pm On Jun 02, 2010
same thing happened to me a few weeks back,
my ex needed cash to sort out a pressing issue, and i  guess her husband is pretty low on cash, im also married but i had to tell my wife about it and did give her the money, not as a loan, though she requested a loan, but i truly dont want her feeling indebted to me, and im sure her husband would not like the idea. But the irony of it all is since the money, and the thankyou sms, i haven't heard from her since, and i think it's best that way.

being an ex truly makes it easy to express things for each other, cos on a very nomal day, she wuld never have asked,

my take, Its not that much of a bad idea, depending on the maturity of the two ex's but the husband should NEVER know,
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by nellaluv(f): 2:54pm On Jun 02, 2010
It's not right but it's ok. no biggie if the husband consents. smiley
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by rubi(f): 2:56pm On Jun 02, 2010
jamestab:

ex-boyfriends and ex-girlfriends, should stay exed,
nothing should bring them together, no matter the financial difficulties.
if they were that friendly and helpful to eachother, their relationship should
have been happily ever after,
so, if they are exes, they should remain so exed!
I can't stop laughing on the highlighted part
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by OAM4J: 2:57pm On Jun 02, 2010
That will be an insult to me as an husband.

I will rather pay bank interest on bank loan, or go hungry to meet the need than allow it.

And if my wife does it and I found out, she lost my respect and trust for her from that day.
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 02, 2010
It's not enough that a husband cannot provide for his wife and then she wants to add insult to injury by asking her ex!

I'd rather take a bank laon! undecided
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by Sauron1: 3:09pm On Jun 02, 2010
nigerbobo:

Hello N/landers,

I met a guy who posed that question to me and thought to bring it down here for discussion.

Please tell me what u think.

There's nothing wrong with it provided the ex-boyfriend and the married lady became platonic friends after their relationship.
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by waladis(m): 3:11pm On Jun 02, 2010
~Sissy~ (f)
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance?
« #7 on: Yesterday at 08:12:36 PM » 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Fhemmmy on Yesterday at 07:52:17 PM
Only a foolish husband would agree to such nonsense

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
some women still have maintainfriendship with their exs even when married. if the wife and husband agree to it and their is no string attached  . . ,   . . .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correct, only foolish man will agree to it
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by DoubleN(m): 3:14pm On Jun 02, 2010
A Big NO!!! It is very demeaning and will make the husband look like crap in the eyes of her Ex.
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by v3: 3:15pm On Jun 02, 2010
This sure is the after-effect of walking into a wall
Too many Nigerian videos  sad
OR maybe i'm seeing things  

In this day and age? Come On!!!
Even if we're friends, I couldn't bring myself to beg her for anything!
Switch table's & i'd still say NO

Thats like flirting with disaster
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by Osama10(m): 3:15pm On Jun 02, 2010
No way, its a no no.
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2010
It seems it's all about the man's ego.

I am sorry but for my kids, to hell with his ego.
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by v3: 3:20pm On Jun 02, 2010
^
A man's ego 

How bout me calling my ex and telling her to come cook me dinner. . since you cook POTTY  undecided
How bout calling her to tell her you sleep like a log during intimacy and i need a 'freak on my bed'?
How bout telling her to pick 'our' kids up since you close late from work?
Re: Should A Married Lady Ask Her Very Rich Ex-boy Friend For Finaicial Assistance? by rubi(f): 3:21pm On Jun 02, 2010
Let the sleeping dog lie there

A man's gift maketh way for him it all start from somewhere
just a point of contact and the rest is history

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed / Good Bye Nairaland.....i Am Killing Myself This Night / Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.