Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,122 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds - Pets (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds (63174 Views)

Police Officers Stopped By Two Rottweilers In Owerri (Video) / CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) / Diarry Of Capt. Muller (my DDR GSD) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 8:22am On Jun 18, 2018
Mckandre:
kai, this one na ogbanje. what if theirs no vertical surface to hold on to, does he stand on his own?
grin grin grin he has stopped doing that though since they were brought outdoors. Frankly, I believe he started doing that as an attempt to wee outside the balcony, rather than soiling the very place they stayed and it gradually became a habit even for pooing.

Same thing with the poop eating...he started that because he realised that whenever we're playing with them and one of them poos, we often left them, stopping the play as a result, either to get a packer to clean up the poop, or in my son's case just to get away from the smell of the poop. So the poop eating was just an instinctive way of him cleaning up after himself and Bella so we never had to leave them and it was gradually becoming a habit as well. But he's stopped that now, since they're now outdoors!

These dogs are more intelligent than we think you know!

4 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by rumenase(m): 8:33am On Jun 18, 2018
Rany4all:
If you've been a dog owner for a while now I bet you must have witnessed some weird things from your pooches. Dogs do a lot of weird stuff that may freak out their humans, especially newbie owners.

I have witnessed Spike growl and bark in his sleep when he was much younger. Seeing this happen totally convinced me that dogs can also dream while sleeping.
this one is strong

Rany4all:

I have also seen my young pups hump each other, I mean like Spike humping Simba (male humping male) or both Chelseas humping Spike (female humping male). Czar has also once attempted to hump my leg, but I stopped him immediately I realised what he was up to.

it is usually a sign of dominance(the humping)

Rany4all:

Another weird stuff I've seen was Czar eating his own poop or Bella's poop, sometimes even right out of her butt hole...gross right!

yeah gross but only the part of eating right out of the butt hole is strange(nursing dams exclusive)

Rany4all:

But of all the weird stuff our dogs get up to, the one that really takes the prize was Czar standing upright like a man, I mean on his 2 hind legs only, to wee and sometimes to poo...impossible right but not for my Czar!

See pictures of Czar @ 3 months below doing his award winning performance... grin grin grin

this one is funny and I haven't seen it before grin
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by skull2(m): 8:49am On Jun 18, 2018
Gorgeous.
I love DDR working line GSD. I'm just imagining how active and playful your little girl is.
My imaginations are drawn from my little girl Khaleesi.

PLEASE INSPECT THE INSIDE OF BELLA'S EARS. THANKS.
Rany4all:
So after a period of awkward growth when Bella was just all ears and snout, she gradually filled out again...and @ 3 and half months below, it's easy to see why she was named 'Bella' afterall... simply 'Beautiful!' kiss

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by agboedeh: 9:21am On Jun 18, 2018
Rany4all:
Hahahaha...nor be small tin o. The guy don even try am again recently...this time na my back e climb. If you see as I take jump up ehnnn! grin
hahahaha...lol
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 10:21am On Jun 18, 2018
rumenase:

this one is strong
As in ehnnn...fear catch me sef. I think say the guy don catch rabies or something! grin
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 10:24am On Jun 18, 2018
rumenase:
this one is funny and I haven't seen it before grin
Shocking right? Caught us by absolute surprise... grin
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 10:27am On Jun 18, 2018
skull2:
Gorgeous.
I love DDR working line GSD. I'm just imagining how active and playful your little girl is.
My imaginations are drawn from my little girl Khaleesi.

PLEASE INSPECT THE INSIDE OF BELLA'S EARS. THANKS.
Yeah, she had some wax in her ears...cleaned it up shortly after that picture. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 3:36pm On Jun 18, 2018
Spike after admiring Chelsea for a while finally summoned enough liver and decided to approach and chat up the beauty... wink

2 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Cynophilepetts(m): 8:56am On Jun 19, 2018
Rany4all:
Now meet Czar of Household - Sire Tom of Household, Grandsire Bullet of Household!

Unfortunately, I don't know the name of Czar's Dam, never asked, though I got to see her picture before paying for Czar.

Below is breeder's (Household's) photo of Czar @ 5 weeks I believe. Fell in love with him the moment I saw this picture...

Czar is a Black and Tan, blanket back, long coated GSD with massive head and big bones!
And why wont u ask questions about the dam...its very funny how you people hype the sire over the dam,at least show the dam even if not pedigree,no be her get the pups..its strange to me seeing sire and grand sire,are those two the ones who were mated to preduce ur pup?
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 9:12am On Jun 19, 2018
Cynophilepetts:
And why wont u ask questions about the dam...its very funny how you people hype the sire over the dam,at least show the dam even if not pedigree,no be her get the pups..its strange to me seeing sire and grand sire,are those two the ones who were mated to preduce ur pup?
Bros please read through the thread, and you'd understand why the picture of the dam hasn't been shared...and, by the way, I asked to see pictures of both parents and when the pictures were shown to me I recognized only the sire because I was already familiar with him. It's not as if I asked for parent's names (what will I do with their names).

The picture of the sire shared here is not even the one I was shown originally (lost that one as well), but it was easy for me to get a picture of him from Facebook since I already knew him.

3 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 8:17pm On Jun 19, 2018
Czar @ 5 months doing very well...and no longer eating poop or standing erect to wee and poo grin

3 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 7:52am On Jun 20, 2018
Good morning my people!
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 8:16am On Jun 20, 2018
Bella is a very clingy and playful pup...she follows me wherever I go irrespective of the weather (she doesn't care if it's raining heavily or the sun is at its hottest) and she's more often than not the instigator of play fights among the dogs.

See below Bella @ 4 months always happy and enjoying the outdoor life...

4 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by skull2(m): 7:20pm On Jun 20, 2018
I think this "FOLLOW FOLLOW" attitude is peculiar to the females.
Rany4all:
Bella is a very clingy and playful pup...she follows me wherever I go irrespective of the weather (she doesn't care if it's raining heavily or the sun is at its hottest) and she's more often than not the instigator of play fights among the dogs.

See below Bella @ 4 months always happy and enjoying the outdoor life...
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by skull2(m): 7:27pm On Jun 20, 2018
Beautiful.
How is his appetite?

My dogs are picky eaters.
Rany4all:
Czar @ 5 months doing very well...and no longer eating poop or standing erect to wee and poo grin
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 7:44pm On Jun 20, 2018
skull2:
I think this "FOLLOW FOLLOW" attitude is peculiar to the females.
I don't think so o...Spike and Czar were also like that but they gradually outgrew it, while Chelsea was the exact opposite, she no even send you.
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 7:49pm On Jun 20, 2018
skull2:
Beautiful.
How is his appetite?

My dogs are picky eaters.
My only picky eater is Spike, my male rott...he doesn't only pick the food, but will 'tell' you quite rudely that he doesn't like a particular food by turning the whole food into a drainage hole in his house cheesy

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 8:17pm On Jun 20, 2018
It's playtime for the little ones...

2 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 6:49pm On Jun 21, 2018
On a very hot and humid afternoon, finding a shaded area to lie down with a basin full of fresh and clean water just beside you truly feels like winning a lottery to a long coated German Shepherd... smiley

Czar

3 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by emmanwandud(m): 4:50pm On Jun 22, 2018
remele2:

Lagos surulere
Abuja kubwa very far apart
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 7:35am On Jun 23, 2018
Isabella @ just under 5 months taking a breather after much play fighting...

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 7:40am On Jun 23, 2018
Czar's long coat finally coming to the fore at almost 6 months of age...

2 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 9:19am On Jun 23, 2018
Spike was always a very 'restless' puppy right from the time he arrived. Unlike Simba, the Caucasian Shepherd, Spike never seemed to stay in one place for too long, always being on the move. It was as if he got bored too quickly or could just not concentrate on one task for more than a few minutes at a time.

He was very alert to changes in his environment and often curious enough to approach such new sights and sounds, although with caution when he was much younger.

Even at that very young age these attributes made us believe Spike would make a better guard dog than Simba when they both grew up, hence we nicknamed him CSO (Chief Security Officer) instead of the older, bigger, stronger and more dominant Caucasian.

True to his billing, Spike's guardian instincts fully kicked in as he turned 6 months of age. Though he used to bark at strangers, especially children, at a much younger age, I believe he became more confident and felt strong enough to take on anybody irrespective of the person's size at the age of 6 months.

Sadly though, Simba wasn't around long enough to offer any credible opposition to Spike's ascent to the office of the CSO.

See picture below of Spike, our CSO, at 11months plus (just under 1 year)...

3 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by rumenase(m): 9:40am On Jun 23, 2018
based on looks I prefer Bella mostly because she is short coated though
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 12:09pm On Jun 23, 2018
rumenase:
based on looks I prefer Bella mostly because she is short coated though
For me, I don't think I'm yet decided on which coat type I prefer...maybe I like both equally, depending on the overall look of the individual dog of course.

When I wanted to get them, I just requested for active, confident and playful pups rather than coat type or size of pup. The only physical attribute I specifically asked for was colour...obviously I prefer the 'black and tan' colour!
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by rumenase(m): 12:19pm On Jun 23, 2018
Rany4all:
For me, I don't think I'm yet decided on which coat type I prefer...maybe I like both equally, depending on the overall look of the individual dog of course.

When I wanted to get them, I just requested for active, confident and planful pups rather than coat type or size of pup. The only physical attribute I specifically asked for was colour...obviously I prefer the 'black and tan' colour!

that's good. I prefer sable to black and tan though grin

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 12:40pm On Jun 23, 2018
rumenase:

that's good. I prefer sable to black and tan though grin
I don't know exactly why, but sable seems to be my least favourite... I'd rather go for a solid black or bicolor if there was no regular black & tan...
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by rumenase(m): 12:56pm On Jun 23, 2018
Rany4all:
I don't know exactly why, but sable seems to be my least favourite... I'd rather go for a solid black or bicolor if there was no regular black & tan...

solid black is cool
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 1:03pm On Jun 23, 2018
rumenase:

solid black is cool
Yeah they are...would definitely love to have one someday

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by rumenase(m): 1:38pm On Jun 23, 2018
Rany4all:
Yeah they are...would definitely love to have one someday

yeah continue with the updates we are derailing this thread
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 1:52pm On Jun 23, 2018
rumenase:

yeah continue with the updates we are derailing this thread
Sure I will...thanks for commenting and following this thread!
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 9:24am On Jun 25, 2018
Good morning petlanders!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Please What Breed Of Dog Is This ? / Stray Dog Begs 2 Russian Men To Save Her Puppy Covered In Tar (Pictures, Video) / Dog Lovers And Owners Join EndSARS Protest In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.