Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) (41842 Views)

This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video / Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community / Nigeria, 5 Other West African Countries Condemn Renaming Of CFA Franc To ECO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Jaideyone(m): 12:26am On Jun 15, 2018
Geniro:

You see those power projects and still say GEJ had no direct impact. The modernized train coaches in Lagos is utilized by ghosts right.
Stay there and be issuing a 10% rating when your preferred president in 3 years hasn't added even 1 percent. And please quit mentioning 6 years. GEJ never spent 6 years, it only shows your level of constipated propaganda.

So in your books Buhari has done excellently for you guyz to warrant a second term. You aren't alright.

If the Yorubas weren't emotional people like you won't be rejoicing over a mere public holiday that doesn't quench your hunger.

Please stop the silly lies that GEJ did nothing for the SW. Comparing GEJ to Bubu is plain travesty.
5yrs plus and no single road aside Benin ore.

did you just say buhari has not added anything to the 10% GEJ did on Benin ore? you are a clown. I use that road at least once a month. when I was doing PT MSc in 2016/2017 I used it every week!!!

what percentage of yorubas use trains? definitely less than 10%. tokunbo coaches on old slow rail tracks is not modernization.
yes now I can see news of completed power projects yet the maximum generated under Jonathan was 4500+ MW or there about. so where are the projects that had direct impact on the Yoruba nation? cos I can't really say our power situation got better under Jonathan.
Jonathan didn't execute projects at least 50% of the populace will feel and see.

imagine if he had completed

-lagos Ibadan expressway
-ibadan Ilorin expressway
-ikorodu sagamu road
-lagos Abeokuta road
-shagamu ore road

now tell me how 60% of yorubas won't feel his impact with the above mentioned projects which are currently being executed by buhari.

Jonathan got our votes in 2011 but lost it in 2015. he has himself to blame for that.

1 Like

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by LaudableXX: 12:35am On Jun 15, 2018
Geniro:
Few of the things GEJ did in the SW...

Rehabilitation of Oshodi Apapa express way, commencement of construction of the Lagos Ibadan express way with funds released. Rehabilitation of the Murtala Airport, revitalization of the railway with modern coaches bought to ply within Lagos and from Lagos to Kano, revitalizing the Egbin power plant to its full capacity of 1,250MW, full construction and commisioning of the Olorunshogo 2 power plant, Omotosho 2 power plant, numerous transmission stations etc.
Ehn? Which Oshodi-Apapa expressway? shocked Is it the one I ply almost every day, or another one? Which dirty unseen rehabilitation was done there? Oga, remove that road from your list, sharp-sharp! angry
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Geniro: 12:37am On Jun 15, 2018
Jaideyone:
5yrs plus and no single road aside Benin ore.

did you just say buhari has not added anything to the 10% GEJ did on Benin ore? you are a clown. I use that road at least once a month. when I was doing PT MSc in 2016/2017 I used it every week!!!

what percentage of yorubas use trains? definitely less than 10%. tokunbo coaches on old slow rail tracks is not modernization.
yes now I can see news of completed power projects yet the maximum generated under Jonathan was 4500+ MW or there about. so where are the projects that had direct impact on the Yoruba nation? cos I can't really say our power situation got better under Jonathan.
Jonathan didn't execute projects at least 50% of the populace will feel and see.

imagine if he had completed

-lagos Ibadan expressway
-ibadan Ilorin expressway
-ikorodu sagamu road
-lagos Abeokuta road
-shagamu ore road

now tell me how 60% of yorubas won't feel his impact with the above mentioned projects which are currently being executed by buhari.

Jonathan got our votes in 2011 but lost it in 2015. he has himself to blame for that.

You are quite shameless. You went on a rattle of roads with nothing done on it just like you lot have completed the Enugu Onitsha dual lane road and the second Niger bridge. LMAO...

With respect to power supply, we have always had the capacity to generate over 7,500 MW but our transmission infrastructure has been a problem. Hence the investment in the transmission backbone to wheel out more power to the populace.

I remember you lot celebrating body language power supply even when Bubu hasn't added 1MW till date. Hahahahahahaha hahaha...

Chat me up when those roads move away from news paper headlines to actual reality.
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Jaideyone(m): 2:18am On Jun 15, 2018
Geniro:

You are quite shameless. You went on a rattle of roads with nothing done on it just like you lot have completed the Enugu Onitsha dual lane road and the second Niger bridge. LMAO...

With respect to power supply, we have always had the capacity to generate over 7,500 MW but our transmission infrastructure has been a problem. Hence the investment in the transmission backbone to wheel out more power to the populace.

I remember you lot celebrating body language power supply even when Bubu hasn't added 1MW till date. Hahahahahahaha hahaha...

Chat me up when those roads move away from news paper headlines to actual reality.
I'm shameless cos I aired my point that Jonathan didn't have an impact on majority of the populace? is that a lie? what percentage of Nigerian use the train? he bought coaches for a rail line that moves at snail speed and was built 50yrs earlier and that's a big achievement? is the coach even worth 1b naira?
hundreds of thousands that use those five roads I listed up there daily have to risk their lives using bad roads. you are the shameless one and you are allergic to the truth.

5 yrs in power and he only rehabilitated one road (Benin ore) yet you feel he should have gotten our votes while people were dying on our roads.

I worked in n calabar/akwa ibom traveling to Owerri, Enugu and port Harcourt occasionaly prior to 2015 election. I left September 2015.

Jonathan didn't do any road there!!!
don't even try to mention Onitsha owerri road cos that projected was started by OBJ and it was at least 80% completed when Jonathan took over as acting president in 2010.

I used ikot ekpene-umuhaia road on monthly basis and that road is hell!!! when it rains you feel like crying driving through that road!!!

I drove calabar-itu road on weekly basis and the road is nothing to write home about.
I used Enugu Onitsha road with public transport sometimes when going back to calabar from Lagos and that road is terrible too. very very bad roads.

port Harcourt Owerri road is another big disappointment!!! he couldn't even construct the second Niger bridge he promised to finish before 2015.

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/234-I-will-go-on-exile-if-I-dont-build-Second-Niger-Bridge-President-Jonathan

yet you ibos foolishly worship and bow before him grin ijaw slaves!!!

crude was selling at 110 and our reserves were dipping yet projects were not executed!!! shame on you for defending evil grin

Jonathan failed so much a 70yr old dictator that lost 3previous elections appeared like a Messiah to Nigerians. we were so tired of Jonathan we just wanted anyone else even if it's a stone!!!

yes buhari has failed to provide 5million promised jobs and several other promises but we can see these roads in the south west under construction

-lagos Ibadan expressway (65% completed)
-ibadan Ilorin expressway (with sukuk bond)
-ikorodu sagamu road (started this year)
-lagos Abeokuta road (started this year)
-shagamu ore road (with sukuk bond)

we can also see Lagos Ibadan rail. after 25yrs the FG has finally declared abiola winner of the election. the family finally got an apology and they will now enjoy all the full perks they are entitled to as the family of a former president.

your drunk hero wanted to honour abiola through the back door by renaming unilag without admitting that abiola won the election and compensating his family. we don't want that!!!

Lagos state finally got state house marina and national stadium surulere. they will both go a long way in generating IGR for the state instead of decaying under the control of the FG.

airport road that the FG couldn't fix for 16yrs has also been handed over to Lagos state and it's currently being rehabilitated!!!

apapa oshodi road you claim Jonathan fixed us a big lie!!! the road has been given to dangote to fix

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/09/16/fg-hands-over-35km-apapa-oworonshoki-expressway-to-dangote-for-repair/amp/

buhari is not perfect but he's miles ahead of your drunken fisherman!!! with crude selling at less than $70 per barrel in 2 out of his 3yrs he's doing all these. and our reserves that Jonathan depleted to 29b dollars has now gone back to 43billion dollars.

next time before you call someone shameless be armed with your facts grin cos I have mine!!!
point out the lies in my post. I'm waiting grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Geniro: 4:11am On Jun 15, 2018
Jaideyone:
[s] I'm shameless cos I aired my point that Jonathan didn't have an impact on majority of the populace? is that a lie? what percentage of Nigerian use the train? he bought coaches for a rail line that moves at snail speed and was built 50yrs earlier and that's a big achievement? is the coach even worth 1b naira?
hundreds of thousands that use those five roads I listed up there daily have to risk their lives using bad roads. you are the shameless one and you are allergic to the truth.

5 yrs in power and he only rehabilitated one road (Benin ore) yet you feel he should have gotten our votes while people were dying on our roads.

I worked in n calabar/akwa ibom traveling to Owerri, Enugu and port Harcourt occasionaly prior to 2015 election. I left September 2015.

Jonathan didn't do any road there!!!
don't even try to mention Onitsha owerri road cos that projected was started by OBJ and it was at least 80% completed when Jonathan took over as acting president in 2010.

I used ikot ekpene-umuhaia road on monthly basis and that road is hell!!! when it rains you feel like crying driving through that road!!!

I drove calabar-itu road on weekly basis and the road is nothing to write home about.
I used Enugu Onitsha road with public transport sometimes when going back to calabar from Lagos and that road is terrible too. very very bad roads.

port Harcourt Owerri road is another big disappointment!!! he couldn't even construct the second Niger bridge he promised to finish before 2015.

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/234-I-will-go-on-exile-if-I-dont-build-Second-Niger-Bridge-President-Jonathan

yet you ibos foolishly worship and bow before him grin ijaw slaves!!!

crude was selling at 110 and our reserves were dipping yet projects were not executed!!! shame on you for defending evil grin

Jonathan failed so much a 70yr old dictator that lost 3previous elections appeared like a Messiah to Nigerians. we were so tired of Jonathan we just wanted anyone else even if it's a stone!!!

yes buhari has failed to provide 5million promised jobs and several other promises but we can see these roads in the south west under construction

-lagos Ibadan expressway (65% completed)
-ibadan Ilorin expressway (with sukuk bond)
-ikorodu sagamu road (started this year)
-lagos Abeokuta road (started this year)
-shagamu ore road (with sukuk bond)

we can also see Lagos Ibadan rail. after 25yrs the FG has finally declared abiola winner of the election. the family finally got an apology and they will now enjoy all the full perks they are entitled to as the family of a former president.

your drunk hero wanted to honour abiola through the back door by renaming unilag without admitting that abiola won the election and compensating his family. we don't want that!!!

Lagos state finally got state house marina and national stadium surulere. they will both go a long way in generating IGR for the state instead of decaying under the control of the FG.

airport road that the FG couldn't fix for 16yrs has also been handed over to Lagos state and it's currently being rehabilitated!!!

apapa oshodi road you claim Jonathan fixed us a big lie!!! the road has been given to dangote to fix

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/09/16/fg-hands-over-35km-apapa-oworonshoki-expressway-to-dangote-for-repair/amp/

buhari is not perfect but he's miles ahead of your drunken fisherman!!! with crude selling at less than $70 per barrel in 2 out of his 3yrs he's doing all these. and our reserves that Jonathan depleted to 29b dollars has now gone back to 43billion dollars.

next time before you call someone shameless be armed with your facts grin cos I have mine!!!
point out the lies in my post. I'm waiting grin

[/s]

You honestly believe the Benin Ore road is the only road GEJ worked on for 6 years... LMAO

Why should i waste my time arguing with you who has done nothing but pull out worthless statistics you cant back up.

PMB has raised our debt profile from N12 trillion to about N21 trillion in barely 3 years with absolutely nothing to show for it. Hahahahahaha

The leap signifies an increase of over 80 per cent in less than three years. This is quite significant because by May 29, 2015, the nation’s debt profile stood at N12.06 trillion, while between 2015 and 2017, it went up to N22trillion.

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/135964/.

I double dare you to justify this humongous borrowing with capital infrastructure that we can verify with visual proof.

The Same increase in foreign exchange reeked with Euro bonds and to which almost all has been borrowed against. .. LMAO

You aren't even ashamed to talk even when NBS and IMF recent stats indicates Nigerians are getting poorer.. Lol.

Go to the thread below and bore yourself out with GEJ achievements..

https://www.nairaland.com/3956762/200-achievement-dr-goodluck-ebele
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Jaideyone(m): 6:33am On Jun 15, 2018
Geniro:

You honestly believe the Benin Ore road is the only road GEJ worked on for 6 years... LMAO

Why should i waste my time arguing with you who has done nothing but pull out worthless statistics you cant back up.

PMB has raised our debt profile from N12 trillion to about N21 trillion in barely 3 years with absolutely nothing to show for it. Hahahahahaha

I double dare you to justify this humongous borrowing with capital infrastructure that we can verify with visual proof.

The Same increase in foreign exchange reeked with Euro bonds and to which almost all has been borrowed against. .. LMAO

You aren't even ashamed to talk even when NBS and IMF recent stats indicates Nigerians are getting poorer.. Lol.

if Benin ore is not the only road Jonathan did in the south west why not mention the other road? clown grin

that stupid ass link up up there has oyo ogbomoso road that is still terrible!!! grin yet you are claiming your Jonathan rehabilitated it.
the same thing with apapa oshodi that was just awarded to dangote.

Ibadan to oyo road dualisation started in 2001, I remember vividly cos the road had already progressed seriously when I used it while visiting my uncle in 2002!!! and I'm sure it was already completed before your ineffectual buffoon took over in 2010 yet it was included grin
omuo ifaki road is another ridiculous claim grin I served in ekiti till early 2014 and I've used that road twice grin still in bad condition!!!

ota owode that is part of Lagos Abeokuta was also included grin I drove that road personally in 2016 and it is also bad!!! the sections around ewekoro to the junction that leads to ilaro are so terrible grin

even the east west road on which patience Jonathan's mother died was also included in the foolish list grin buhahahahaha
see here
https://naijagists.com/patience-jonathans-mother-died-due-to-poor-road-condition-in-nigeria-activist/

http://www.informationng.com/2013/07/activists-blames-patience-jonathans-mothers-death-on-jonathans-failure-in-governance.html

even calabar to ugep road that I still used up till late 2015 was also included grin the road is so bad now that the state government is thinking of constructing another road to link obudu grin

and I'm seeing a repeat of apapa oshodi again in no108 listed as 51% completed grin this your list is comedy central. the same apapa oshodi close to me here. continue!!!

Enugu port Harcourt listed as 3% complete in number 112 grin buhahahahaha

number 114, 115 and 116 have 0.1, 0.78 and 2.5 % completion respectively grin Jesus Christ!!! see achievement grin

number 117 has 0% completed pls check all these ridiculous percentage claims grin

0% is also an achievement. see failure report card grin

Ilorin jebba road 0.67% completed grin number 126

those are even the roads I know is that I can verify that turned out to be lies grin you can shove that list in your as$.

debt was 12trillion and now 21trillion. is the debt in naira or dollars? exchange rate in may 2015 was around 199 naira to a dollar. now it is 360 to a dollar so how will the naira value of the debt not increase?

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/best-exchange-rates/us-dollar-to-nigerian-naira-exchange-rate-on-2015-05-20

and you claim to be educated?

since you want to talk debts exchange rate was the same up till 2014 but Jonathan borrowed 18b dollars in 4 years grin

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/54386-nigeria-s-debt-rises-by-18bn-in-4-years

now that's dollar value increase because Jonathan borrowed endlessly at a time crude was selling at a record price cheesy
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Jaideyone(m): 6:38am On Jun 15, 2018
Geniro:

more on debts

at a time when crude was selling for high price your Jonathan was borrowing to pay salaries

However, financial experts told Daily Trust that the debts were incurred to pay salaries and meet overheads at a time the economy was not in a recession

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/54386-nigeria-s-debt-rises-by-18bn-in-4-years

our debt rose 18b dollars in 4yrs when crude was selling for a high price under Jonathan. discuss that grin
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by CSTR1003: 6:40am On Jun 15, 2018
I have gotten my PVC yesterday.
I had to travel down to my local govt office to get it.
My vote is going to the PDP.
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Geniro: 8:17am On Jun 15, 2018
Jaideyone:
if Benin ore is not the only road Jonathan did in the south west why not mention the other road? clown grin

that stupid ass link up up there has oyo ogbomoso road that is still terrible!!! grin yet you are claiming your Jonathan rehabilitated it.
the same thing with apapa oshodi that was just awarded to dangote.

Ibadan to oyo road dualisation started in 2001, I remember vividly cos the road had already progressed seriously when I used it while visiting my uncle in 2002!!! and I'm sure it was already completed before your ineffectual buffoon took over in 2010 yet it was included grin
omuo ifaki road is another ridiculous claim grin I served in ekiti till early 2014 and I've used that road twice grin still in bad condition!!!

ota owode that is part of Lagos Abeokuta was also included grin I drove that road personally in 2016 and it is also bad!!! the sections around ewekoro to the junction that leads to ilaro are so terrible grin

even the east west road on which patience Jonathan's mother died was also included in the foolish list grin buhahahahaha
see here
https://naijagists.com/patience-jonathans-mother-died-due-to-poor-road-condition-in-nigeria-activist/

http://www.informationng.com/2013/07/activists-blames-patience-jonathans-mothers-death-on-jonathans-failure-in-governance.html

even calabar to ugep road that I still used up till late 2015 was also included grin the road is so bad now that the state government is thinking of constructing another road to link obudu grin

and I'm seeing a repeat of apapa oshodi again in no108 listed as 51% completed grin this your list is comedy central. the same apapa oshodi close to me here. continue!!!

Enugu port Harcourt listed as 3% complete in number 112 grin buhahahahaha

number 114, 115 and 116 have 0.1, 0.78 and 2.5 % completion respectively grin Jesus Christ!!! see achievement grin

number 117 has 0% completed pls check all these ridiculous percentage claims grin

0% is also an achievement. see failure report card grin

Ilorin jebba road 0.67% completed grin number 126

those are even the roads I know is that I can verify that turned out to be lies grin you can shove that list in your as$.

debt was 12trillion and now 21trillion. is the debt in naira or dollars? exchange rate in may 2015 was around 199 naira to a dollar. now it is 360 to a dollar so how will the naira value of the debt not increase?

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/best-exchange-rates/us-dollar-to-nigerian-naira-exchange-rate-on-2015-05-20

and you claim to be educated?

since you want to talk debts exchange rate was the same up till 2014 but Jonathan borrowed 18b dollars in 4 years grin

now that's dollar value increase because Jonathan borrowed endlessly at a time crude was selling at a record price cheesy

Bla bla bla.. Without substance, you just sit somewhere and issue percentages like an idiot.

Calabar to Ugep road is bad? hahahahahahaha...
Serious Work was ongoing on the east west road, it is obvious you just sit somewhere and lie between your teeth without having any idea about what you are talking.PEJ mother died due to overspeeding, am sure the road was smooth enough to warrant that. No one overspeeds on a terrible road like you want to portray. Am sure if I should list the Enugu Ebonyi axis. You will also lie that it is very bad or construction started in 1900. LMAO.

The Benin ore road was a terrible death trap and a major and very busy where traveller's spent almost a day suffering and it was repaired. Yet you have the audacity to call it only. The Lagos Ibadan express road also commenced operation in 2013 to be completed in 2017,yet Bubu hasn't even taken it to anyway, yet you blame Saraki. LMAO

The list stands against your worthless lies.

Olodo, Nigeria debt burden now is about $73 billion. Thanks to the useless APC. What have they done to incur such debts, where are the roads, trains, power stations, security to warrant such borrowings?

Your attempt to whitewash the APC Admin raising our debt profile to about $73 billion with absolutely nothing to show for it but rising poverty level and millions of Job loses is an abomination. We aren't even done borrowing.
GEJ built schools, roads airports, rails, power plants and even used the naira to defend the dollar aggressively yet we never incurred such level of debts, payed high subsidy levels, Buhari on the other hand has done nothing but pilfer the resources he met with his nepotic crew.
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Geniro: 8:22am On Jun 15, 2018
Jaideyone:
more on debts

at a time when crude was selling for high price your Jonathan was borrowing to pay salaries

our debt rose 18b dollars in 4yrs when crude was selling for a high price under Jonathan. discuss that grin

GEJ had to borrow cos the dollar fell below the budget benchmark and they had to source to balance the deficit.

You can never justify the terrible abomination the APC has become to to Nigerians by quadrupling our debt burden in just 3 years to about $73 billion with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT.

let that sink in.
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Jaideyone(m): 8:40am On Jun 15, 2018
Geniro:

GEJ had to borrow cos the dollar fell below the budget benchmark and they had to source to balance the deficit.

You can never justify the terrible abomination the APC has become to to Nigerians by quadrupling our debt burden in just 3 years to about $73 billion with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT.

let that sink in.
stop making a fool of yourself!!! Benchmark or not Jonathan enjoy high crude price and there was no reason to borrow if the government is prudent!!!
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Geniro: 8:45am On Jun 15, 2018
Jaideyone:
stop making a fool of yourself!!! Benchmark or not Jonathan enjoy high crude price and there was no reason to borrow if the government is prudent!!!

Buhari government that is prudent, why is our debt profile overshooting the roofs to a stage IMF screamed for us to stop borrowing cos nothing tangible is done with the money.
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Jaideyone(m): 8:57am On Jun 15, 2018
Geniro:

Buhari government that is prudent, why is our debt profile overshooting the roofs to a stage IMF screamed for us to stop borrowing cos nothing tangible is done with the money.

lol show us where IMF said we should stop borrowing cos we weren't making good use of the money. I'm waiting!!!

by the way 12 trillion in may 2015 at the exchange rate then (199 to a dollar) was 60.3 billion dollars.

21 trillion in 2018 (360 to a dollar) is 58.3 billion dollars grin

do the maths yourself. the debt never increased in naira value!!! the exchange rate changed. yes money has been borrowed since 2015 but the dollar value of the total debt as reduced.

if I'm owing 100naira as at Dec 2017 and I'm paying back 2 naira monthly this 2018 then I went out to borrow 12naira for 2018, by the end of the years I'll be owing 88naira. it's simple mathematics!!!

stop disgracing your maths teacher.

1 Like

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Babanick: 9:20am On Jun 15, 2018
Apina:

Sorry, this wasn't meant for you, I misrepresented you for someone with a brain undecided
Throwing insults at people because of their diverse view does not make you more intelligent. My first comment was meant to be a sarcastic comment, that's why i ask you to go read it again. As intelligent as you are making me feel, you still didn't get the message.

1 Like

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Geniro: 10:34am On Jun 15, 2018
Jaideyone:
lol show us where IMF said we should stop borrowing cos we weren't making good use of the money. I'm waiting!!!

by the way 12 trillion in may 2015 at the exchange rate then (199 to a dollar) was 60.3 billion dollars.

21 trillion in 2018 (360 to a dollar) is 58.3 billion dollars grin

do the maths yourself. the debt never increased in naira value!!! the exchange rate changed. yes money has been borrowed since 2015 but the dollar value of the total debt as reduced.

if I'm owing 100naira as at Dec 2017 and I'm paying back 2 naira monthly this 2018 then I went out to borrow 12naira for 2018, by the end of the years I'll be owing 88naira. it's simple mathematics!!!

stop disgracing your maths teacher.

Walahi it is better you shut up than sink further.. Lol.

Link to IMF warning Nigeria on her astronomical debt burden and advised her to invest on high yielding investments.

Now Oga, where are those high yielding investments after borrowing a whooping N10 trillion in 3 years?

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/04/imf-warns-nigeria-on-n21-725trn-debt/

Let me expose you further, total Nigeria debts from 1999 till date stood at $63. 7billion dollar with GEJ incuring just 34% amounting to $21.8 billion.

http://www.informationng.com/2015/05/jonathans-administration-incurred-only-21-8bn-of-the-63-7bn-national-debt.html

Now let this sink in, in just 3 years the APC has borrowed over N10 trillion as against the PDP borrowing N12 trillion in 16 freaking years.

Aren't you ashamed of lying to sound too smart over a horrible situation ? You are practically happy that you have almost doubled our debts in just three years almost eclipsing a 16 year old debt of your predecessors .

Foreign debt hasn't increased indeed liar. The link below is Pastor Bakare blasting the embarrassing and demonic APC debt burden.

https://posteritymediang.com/bakare-in-just-three-years-of-apc-government-nigeria-has-borrowed-n11trillion/

You cant defend Buhari without sounding stupid. It's a law and a legend and you are proving just that. LMAO.

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by ACHILLES45: 5:56pm On Jun 15, 2018
LaudableXX:

A WOMAN PLACED A CURSE ON MY FATHER BECAUSE MY FATHER RAPED HER DAUGHTER. YHATS WHY IVE BEEN GOING AROUND RAPPING SMALL SMALL GIRLS.
PLS HELP ME.

cry me a river.
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by LaudableXX: 6:07pm On Jun 15, 2018

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by ACHILLES45: 6:14pm On Jun 15, 2018
LaudableXX:
I AM A PROVEN BASTARD

so you finally admitted.
chai.
yeye.
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by LaudableXX: 7:58pm On Jun 15, 2018
ACHILLES45:
I AM A PROVEN BASTARD

so you finally admitted.
chai.
yeye.
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by kotv: 9:04pm On Jun 15, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

You're indeed a clown if you still don't know that a national holiday is a far more important recognition than MAULAG. So what will you tell your children about June, 10 years from now if they ask you? How will you tell the story without mentioning MKO?

Also, did MAULAG also include Gani? Have you read the interviews of Ndubuisi Kanu, Frank Kokori, Falana, Soyinka, Balarabe Musa, Sowore etc? You think June 12 is about MKO alone? Go and ask all those non yoruba I listed and let them tell you about June 12.You guys have always painted June 12 as a yoruba affair but this holiday cements it in its rightful place as a national affair whether you like it or not. Unife was changed to Awo University, how has it helped your fathers to tell a good story about the man?

You're not sensible and are devoid of wisdom if you really need me to explain all these to you. You can go and die with your MAULAG if you care. Your business

Which national holiday? You people just decieving yourselves. The presidency reported that effect of the June 12 would become effective in 2019 meaning after he received your votes. Currently, there's is no guarantee that June 12 would become a national holiday visiting Buhari's administration track record on going back on his promises. Currently, the only states that made June 12 a holiday is south west states. I went to work on June 12 and so did everybody in my states. June 12 is just a Yoruba affairs as of current. Even the post ceremonial event focused predominately on Yoruba than any other person. This entire debacle was Buhari playing Yorubas as mumus. To the shame and surprise of everybody, Yoruba showed that are easily decieved like mumus

Read this and stop decieving yourself
http://punchng.com/june-12-this-year-not-public-holiday-presidency-clarifies/amp/
https://www.google.com/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/06/08/mko-abiola-presidency-confirms-june-12-will-not-public-holiday/amp/
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by kotv: 9:12pm On Jun 15, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

Even from these statements, we know those who have hatred for others. Can't you people just be free-minded? This is politics and democracy. The preference for someone should not be seen as hatred for another. MKO lost in the East and our Igbo brothers voted for a Northerner in 1993 yet I have not seen anyone say that the Igbos hate Abiola. It is politics and it is democracy. We are not obliged to see things the same way.

The same Yorubas that you claim hated GEJ were at the forefront fighting for his right against the Northern powers. They even voted for him in 2011 and also rigged in his favor. However, 4 years later they felt he had not done enough for their region.Even at that, in 2015, GEJ still had around 42% of SWern votes which shows many still wanted him. GEJ also made some bad decisions such as undermining OBJ in PDP and releasing Major Al Mustapha who many Yorubas feel was a villain in MKO's saga.

On renaming Unilag after MKO, I will salute GEJ on that but it is extremely difficult to rename schools like Unilag, UNN and UI after anyone at this point. ABU was easier to rename after Ahmadu Bello because the school was still in its infancy when it was renamed. Many Yoruba graduates of OAU still do not like the idea of renaming the school after Awolowo although most like Awolowo himself. GEJ did not do proper consultations before he tried renaming the school. The students and alumni of the school did not like the idea. I don't think people will be silent if UNN is named after GEJ tomorrow.

Making June 12 a national holiday is by far more dignifying in my opinion. Also the official recognition of Abiola as the winner is soothing.

Our Eastern brothers should be more liberal in the way they see things and stop seeing things from the prism of hatred.

So a post ceremonial declaration without any type of recognition is better than a respected University named after a man Yoruba report they respect. Yet Yorubas briefed this as logical, not hatred. Okay continue decieving yourselves. The June 12 declarationis not a national holiday as of yet according to presidency. The same reason Yorubas attacked GEJ decision to change the school's name is the same reason Yorubas attacked him for removing subsidy yet kept quiet when Buhari did the same then brought it back with increase in fuel prices. We know the reasons even if Yorubas deny it.
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by DoTheNeedful: 9:25pm On Jun 15, 2018
kotv:

So a post ceremonial declaration without any type of recognition is better than a respected University named after a man Yoruba report they respect. Yet Yorubas briefed this as logical, not hatred. Okay continue decieving yourselves. The June 12 declarationis not a national holiday as of yet according to presidency. The same reason Yorubas attacked GEJ decision to change the school's name is the same reason Yorubas attacked him for removing subsidy yet kept quiet when Buhari did the same then brought it back with increase in fuel prices. We know the reasons even if Yorubas deny it.

Let's see if they rename UNN tomorrow and people will not resist it. It is fallacious to say Yoruba people protested GEJ's subsidy removal. While I agree that the protest had political undertone from APC, nobody stopped PDP from sponsoring a protest when Buhari did same.

Naming a university after MKO in the SW was a move meant to reduce the man to a regional politician. A national holiday is far better. That is my opinion.

Note my emphasis on the bolded portion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Moment Ministerial Nominee, Balarabe Abbas Collapsed During Screening (Video) / Video Of Jonathan Working Out In A Gym / Dino Melaye's Recall: Shehu Sani Hails Okun People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.