Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) (41847 Views)

This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video / Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community / Nigeria, 5 Other West African Countries Condemn Renaming Of CFA Franc To ECO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Geniro: 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2018
Jaideyone:

oh so Jonathan is now African development bank? APC led FG has been providing Forex for the project.
the mass removed money from Lagos Ibadan in 2017 budget. that is an open fact. stop making a fool of yourself
http://punchng.com/nass-under-attack-for-slashing-lagos-ibadan-road-others-votes/

how do you expect Julius Berger not to leave site when you wailers were defending the nationally assembly for removing money from road projects and moving such to constituency projects they never do? we all know saraki is a PDP mole so don't even blame the FG for that!!!

as for the rest of your jargons. shove it where the sun don't shine. Jonathan released the killer of abiolas wife!!!

You are clasping at straws as usual when your lies are deflated. All I did was proof to you that Dangote refinery was already a forgone conclusion before the advent of PMB. That is something PMB can't take full glory of even though he also contributed his bit in no small measure as well.

Stop blaming Saraki for your inadequacies. When you give a man three super ministries to handle, failure is just a distance away. Own your shiiit.

The courts released Hamza not GEJ, I wonder how that flew over your BMC calibrated brain.You don't expect GEJ to disobey the courts like the Daura herdman is currently doing.

1 Like

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by LaudableXX: 5:33pm On Jun 14, 2018
RexTramadol1:
University of Ife was a top brand

Even most elites who attended still call the school University of Ife till date

When it was changed to Obafemi Awolowo University, did heaven fall?

Even as OAU at that time clashed with the Organisation of African Unity

Use ur number 6 abeg!

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by LaudableXX: 5:46pm On Jun 14, 2018
ehissi:
And let me guess, Buhari consulted widely with the people who partook of the june 12 struggle - like Mayegun who is wondering why Baba Kingibe, who dumped and sold out MKO Abiola and served as a minister twice under Abacha was honoured alongside Abiola - or the leaders of NADECO that are wondering why they weren't in on the whole award ceremony where only some of their recommendations were carried out.

Or the former Chief Justice of Nigeria and Chairman of the 2016 National Honours Committee, Justice Alfa Belgore, who is wondering why a dead man is given a post-humous award that the law only permits to be given to the living without even consulting him.

There is such a thing as giving a dog a bad name just so you can hang it. There is also such a thing as dressing up a donkey in jewels just so you can crown it.........

For the price of a pot of porridge, some Nigerians have done both, the height of the madness was Abiola's daughter apologising to Buhari at the event.

At that point, I knew that I have seen it all. But then again, I wasn't surprised, after all she is a card carrying member of the APC. They have become birds of the same feather, after all Tony Anenih was also a members of the SDP during the june era, it's not a new something.

Today they say re-Naming UNILAG as MAULAG was an attack on UNILAG, it was never meant to honour Abiola - even though it is in line with the recommendations of the Chairman of the National Honours Committee - but Awarding GCFR to Abiola post-humously is not - even when it violates the law of the land - here we see a people selling their destiny for the price of a pot of porridge......

And please who is this Mayegun, and what was his contribution to the June 12 struggle? As for Justice Alfa Belgore, the less said about him, the better. Isn't Belgore the same man whose views have been roundly debunked by different legal luminaries?

Lawyers tackle Ex-CJN Belgore, say Buhari right to award posthumous GCFR to Abiola by Ibrahim Sha’aban

Two Nigerian lawyers on Wednesday night tackled a former Chief Justice of Nigeria, Alfa Belgore, for saying that national honours cannot be awarded posthumously. "It is not done. It’s for people living,” PREMIUM TIMES quoted him as saying.

Amina Miango, an Abuja-based lawyer, said the former CJN “goofed this time”.

According to her, the law is silent about whether the honour should be conferred on the dead or living.

“With due respect to the former CJN, he goofed this time. I went through that Act and there is no illegality anywhere,” she said.

A UK-based Nigerian lawyer and June 12 activist, Abdul Mahmud, said the former CJN was wrong in saying the president’s action was illegal.

“Former CJN Justice Belgore claims the conferment of GCFR and GCON on MKO and Gani respectively is illegal as National Orders can’t be conferred on the dead,” he said.

The lawyer expressed surprise that people have been quoting the former CJN’s position.

"Folks are quoting him! Please, go look at the law yourself, National Honours Act, 1964. It is online.

“Look at the Honours Warrant, a subsidiary legislation made pursuant to the National Honours Act, 1964; then look at Section 2 (1) & (2) of the Honours Warrant which deals with “eligibility for appointment to orders”.

“The CJN is wrong. Dead wrong. That the eligibility for conferment only states two conditions for eligibility in Section 2(2) Honours Warrant.

“The conditions are: 1) must be a citizen of Nigeria. 2) Any person which the president considers eligible for honourary appointment.

“The provision of Section 3 (2) Honours Warrant which says a recipient must appear in person to receive his honours is clawed back by Section 3(3), which grants the president powers to dispense with the requirement of section 3(2). https://dailynigerian.com/lawyers-tackle-ex-cjn-belgore-say-buhari-right-to-award-posthumous-gcfr-to-abiola/

As for Abiola's daughter, she has a right to express her opinion as an adult citizen of Nigeria. sad Her apology was her business - you may choose to agree with it ,or disagree with it. It is your call. Your disagreement does not rob her of her right to express her views.

People may disagree with some of the names included the honours list , (i.e. names like Kingibe and Nwosu). I do not agree with the honours given to both men. But it does not detract from the president's powers to honour Abiola and rename June 12 as democracy day, and that is precisely what has been done. undecided Let everyone learn to live with it.
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by LaudableXX: 5:50pm On Jun 14, 2018
Uyemi:
And May 29th is not a brand? when did the millitary officially hand over to the civilian government? why do you mark your birthday from the day you were born instead of the day you were conceived?
Speaking of the title given to him, Abiola was only a president elect who was never sworn into office which (to a large extent) is just not okay.
Call me what ever you want but the truth is that they used a man of quality reputation to play on your myopic intelligence just like they did in 2015
May 29th can never be a brand for most Nigerians, as there was nothing symbolic about it. sad June 12 1993 had most Nigerians from all walks of life, taking out time to participate and vote in an election for a candidate of their choice. So many people spent hours queuing under the hot sun on that day, to cast their vote. So on a scale of 1 to 10, June 12 would hold deeper significance for most people than May 29th, a day arbitrarily chosen by a military regime, to handover the baton to a civilian one. It was a date that did not require any input from most Nigerians. I hope the significance of the June 12 date, would no longer be lost on you. But you may have been a toddler on June 12 1993, which is why you would equate May 29th as a higher brand. undecided
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Jaideyone(m): 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2018
aonag:

brand nobody knows outside nigeria.. useless brand..
ignoramus. unilag is a brand. your foolishness won't change that

1 Like

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Opeyemi4real(m): 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2018
LaudableXX:

GEJ did NOT try anything! angry UNILAG was already a brand, with a recognisable identity - both locally and internationally. Changing its' name, would have killed the brand. Moreover,why change its' identity without consulting the stakeholders? shocked It shows how insensitive GEJ was, at that time. There were more than 3 Federal Universities in the South, that had no recognisable identity or brand, whose names could have been changed or used to immortalise Abiola. Instead, GEJ stupidly tried to do a cosmetic name change with UNILAG. And it backfired big time. Silly man. undecided How clueless can a president be?
You're more clueless! So it was the name that got the recognition and not the products!And the same Fayemi renamed 'University of Ado-Ekiti while he was the Gov. Of Ekiti.
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by LaudableXX: 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2018
mapet:
1. GEJ was grossly uninformed. The laws and statutes of Unilag says that if you want to rename such University after an individual, it must be that that individual has a relationship with the institution. MKO has no relationship whatsoever with Unilag.
2. It is wrong, idiocy and tomfoolery to say it was Tinubu and Fayemi that prevented GEJ from renaming Unilag after MKO. Even the Unilag council, Alumi bodies, ASSU, Student Union and many other interest groups reject the idea.
3. GEJ's action was rejected overwhelmingly because that action, even if accepted would have twisted the essense of June 12. June 12 is a national mandate and not a SW mandate. You cannot just try to compensate SW because of June 12, you rather compensate the whole nation. This is what I believe other tribes don't understand about we SWers, about how we place principles above individuals, how we a primarily collectivist rather than individualistic, how we do not support even our "person" once such goes against principles and values that are altruistic.

Thank you, o! shocked I don't know why some people cannot see this simple truth! Let us hope the clueless people arguing in favour of the renaming of UNILAG would be able to read and understand these basic facts. undecided So many of us who do not even come from the Southwest are well aware of the facts on ground!
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by LaudableXX: 5:58pm On Jun 14, 2018
Opeyemi4real:
You're more clueless! So it was the name that got the recognition and not the products!And the same Fayemi renamed 'University of Ado-Ekiti while he was the Gov. Of Ekiti.

Do you know the meaning of the word 'reputation?' Can you compare the 'reputation, output, achievements and laurels' that UNILAG had won over the years, and the name it had built, with that of the University of Ado-Ekiti? Guy, grow up!

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by LaudableXX: 5:59pm On Jun 14, 2018
cosade:
I am sure if UNN (University of Nigeria, Nsukka) was renamed after the great Zik, the Lions and other stakeholders would have rejected such ill advised decision. There was great wisdom in renaming the one in Awka after him.
Exactly! cheesy
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by LaudableXX: 6:02pm On Jun 14, 2018
isah80:
Please, who have brand helped? I know that it is the things that you know that helps you and that is why people go to school.

We have a lot of brands that we consider to be fake today in the market.

The world is no longer the world of brands but the world of contents.

You will not be employed because of your school name but because of what you can do.

Thank you.

Guy, I suggest that you take out time to fully understand the subject under discussion, the thoughts being expressed, as well as the information being disseminated, before you hit your keyboard to type out a response so that you do not sound clueless. Thank you! undecided
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by LaudableXX: 6:05pm On Jun 14, 2018
searchlight:
"why is buhari giving a posthumous award to a man he helped pulled down" was the main question. Zombie read before commenting
IBB nullified MKO Abiola's election in 1993 using the courts, while Abacha arrested Abiola, and Abubakar kept his mandate in the cooler. So how exactly did Buhari help to pull down Abiola? Kindly let us know before you repeat your Zombie-like twaddle. Thanks.
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by LaudableXX: 6:07pm On Jun 14, 2018
Babanick:
You are very correct. The same way he did not consult widely before removing fuel subsidy. Thank God PMB corrected that by "consulting widely" and even paying more after removing it. Good morning
That is your opinion. You can use it to cash a cheque at the next bank closest to you. undecided Good afternoon!

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Jaideyone(m): 6:13pm On Jun 14, 2018
Geniro:

You are clasping at straws as usual when your lies are deflated. All I did was proof to you that Dangote refinery was already a forgone conclusion before the advent of PMB. That is something PMB can't take full glory of even though he also contributed his bit in no small measure as well.

Stop blaming Saraki for your inadequacies. When you give a man three super ministries to handle, failure is just a distance away. Own your shiiit.

The courts released Hamza not GEJ, I wonder how that flew over your BMC calibrated brain.You don't expect GEJ to disobey the courts like the Daura herdman is currently doing.
forgone conclusion in 3months?

construction started February 2015

https://www.thecable.ng/aliko-dangote-begins-work-worlds-single-largest-oil-refinery

and when buhari took over in 3months after the project already forgone conclusion in your own words grin you must think a refinery is a bungalow that can be constructed in 3months grin

so fashola should have spent outside what was approved for the road in 2017?

keep making a fool of yourself. you want to blame a man that wanted that confronted the NASS for removing money for the project from the budget.
Earlier in June, the minister had accused the National Assembly of slashing N21 billion off the N31 billion vote for the Lagos–Ibadan Expressway.
“We were asked to complete those abandoned projects; the budget of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway was reduced by the National Assembly from N31 billion to N10 billion. We are owing the contractors about N15 billion and they have written to us that they are going to shut down,” Mr. Fashola had said.
But details contained in some of the documents presented by the minister, Friday, showed that the two construction companies handling the rehabilitation of the road had indeed threatened to suspend works on the road

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/238500-julius-berger-rcc-threaten-abandon-work-lagos-ibadan-expressway.html

so from the above write up you want the minister to convince RCC and Julius Berger to continue work when the government was already owing them 15b and the NASS reduced the 2017 allocation from 31b to 10b?

keep defending the foolish actions of the NASS. the same NASS removed money from second Niger bridge

https://independent.ng/second-niger-bridge-project-suffers-another-setback/amp/

at the end of the day yorubas are not the only victims of the NASS madness. defend them well!!!

as for Al mustapha we all know the judgement wS inflienced

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/141674-jonathan-tukur-freed-al-mustapha-from-jail-northern-groups.html

Jonathan betrayed yorubas!!!
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by LaudableXX: 6:15pm On Jun 14, 2018
searchlight:
I heard that Buhari was part of the government that killed that criminal in detention that he even praised Abacha and his administration which killed Abiola two weeks before the June 12 gimmick. it is mutually exclusive for Abiola and Abacha to be recognized as heroes even you mighty Soyinka said so. Afonjas have really compelled me to keep checking the meaning of sophistication each time I visit NL. Anyway let me not rate Yorubas with low life NL residential Zombies shaa.
You heard? shocked Well, what you heard was totally incorrect, as there are NO facts on ground to support it. sad IBB's regime overthrew Buhari's regime, and kept him in the detention for a few years. He was not even allowed to go for his mother's burial. After Buhari came out of detention, he kept a far distance from IBB. They were silent enemies. undecided

After IBB stepped aside and Sonekan his surrogate was discarded from Aso Rock, Abacha took over power. sad when Abacha died, Abdulsalam stepped in, and Abiola died in detention. So how on earth could Buhari who was retired years back, have been part of that govt? shocked Was he the Chief of Defence Staff or the Chief of Army Staff or a member of the AFRC under IBB, or Abacha or Abdulsalam's govt?

You obviously failed history in school, and never learnt to differentiate between facts and fiction. undecided Or maybe you were a toddler fed on a diet of propaganda, when the 1993 elections took place. Ndo. May you receive deliverance from the hate that plagues your soul.

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by LaudableXX: 6:16pm On Jun 14, 2018
searchlight:
GEJ fall my hand for the very first time by trying to rename UNILAG after Abiola. Abiola is a certified thieve and a coup financier who deserved no national recognition or whatsoever. The only thing I admired in IBB, Abacha and OBJ's administration is that they made sure that criminal remained and died in detention. if not that funalis always know how to play on the intelligence of Afonjas buhari wouldn't have commited that national mistake my remembering a gone and forgotten thief. Abiola should get deeper or lost in his grave.

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Geniro: 6:28pm On Jun 14, 2018
Jaideyone:
forgone conclusion in 3months?

construction started February 2015

https://www.thecable.ng/aliko-dangote-begins-work-worlds-single-largest-oil-refinery

and when buhari took over in 3months after the project already forgone conclusion in your own words grin you must think a refinery is a bungalow that can be constructed in 3months grin

so fashola should have spent outside what was approved for the road in 2017?

keep making a fool of yourself. you want to blame a man that wanted that confronted the NASS for removing money for the project from the budget.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/238500-julius-berger-rcc-threaten-abandon-work-lagos-ibadan-expressway.html

so from the above write up you want the minister to convince RCC and Julius Berger to continue work when the government was already owing them 15b and the NASS reduced the 2017 allocation from 31b to 10b?

keep defending the foolish actions of the NASS. the same NASS removed money from second Niger bridge

https://independent.ng/second-niger-bridge-project-suffers-another-setback/amp/

at the end of the day yorubas are not the only victims of the NASS madness. defend them well!!!

as for Al mustapha we all know the judgement wS inflienced

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/141674-jonathan-tukur-freed-al-mustapha-from-jail-northern-groups.html

Jonathan betrayed yorubas!!!

You have a comprehension challenge. A foregone conclusion means all plans were already set for the construction to kick off before PMB assumed power which your link supported.

You need to do better than rattle about aimlessly cos you have mute points to Marshall the discourse on Buhari stewardship.
Own your shiit. The Admin you support has consistently being the worst in executing capital projects due to their laikadaisical approach of using propaganda to work rather than actual performance.
In 2017 as a whole, CBN data showed zero funds were utilized for capital projects and here you are justifying Fashola and PMB failure blaming the Nass.

AL Mustapha judgement was influenced by who? You i feel.

Abeg Park well. The Yorubas played themselves in allowing Tinubu sell a fraud to them until his owners showed up and brutally sidelined him. Yet he hasn't learnt his lessons.

1 Like

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by LaudableXX: 6:29pm On Jun 14, 2018
Osgilliat:
We wanted MKO to be recognized in every region in Nigeria as a democracy hero not only in South West.
Jonathan renaming Lagos state unitversity to MKO didn’t give us what we wanted so our leaders rejected it. Buhari knows what we wanted and he made it possible. If iPod are not happy about it, third mainland bridge is always open.
Thank you Buhari.
What a beautiful answer! Chai! cheesy Some of them will not sleep well this night!

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by LaudableXX: 6:35pm On Jun 14, 2018
obailala:
All these bleedy Jonathanian wailing wailers never get tired.

A fact is that even if Buhari tried to rename UNILAG, it would have also been roundly rejected by all; I wouldn't expect chronic wailers to understand this though...

Meanwhile, some of the these Jonathanians wailing today over this issue also disapproved of the UNILAg renaming back then. Funny set of people!
Gbam! That is the whole point they have missed. sad Renaming UNILAG was done out of spite by GEJ, not because he sincerely wanted to honour Abiola.
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Jaideyone(m): 6:36pm On Jun 14, 2018
Geniro:

You have a comprehension challenge. A foregone conclusion means all plans were already set for the construction to kick off before PMB assumed power which your link supported.

You need to do better than rattle about aimlessly cos you have mute points to Marshall the discourse on Buhari stewardship.
Own your shiit. The Admin you support has consistently being the worst in executing capital projects due to their laikadaisical approach of using propaganda to work rather than actual performance.
In 2017 as a whole, CBN data showed zero funds were utilized for capital projects and here you are justifying Fashola and PMB failure blaming the Nass.

AL Mustapha judgement was influenced by who? You i feel.

Abeg Park well. The Yorubas played themselves in allowing Tinubu sell a fraud to them until his owners showed up and brutally sidelined him. Yet he hasn't learnt his lessons.

if propaganda is what is getting Lagos Ibadan, ikorodu shagamu, ore-shagamu, Lagos Abeokuta road, Lagos Ibadan rail and Ibadan to Ilorin rail fixed then let us continue with the propaganda grin stop crying for us pls. thank you!!!

by the way. I'm waiting for you to tell us projects Jonathan executed in the south west in 6yrs. mention 3!!!

1 Like

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by LaudableXX: 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2018
BluntBoy:
How can people be comparing Buhari's fitting honor of Abiola with the stupid move of GEJ?

When Babangida decided to "honor" Awolowo by renaming University of Ife to Obafemi Awolowo University, there were protests led by notable people such as Wole Soyinka who was a lecturer in the University of Ife at the time. The renaming only succeeded because it happened under military rule where there was little regard for human rights.

The rejection of GEJ's gift was not only a Yoruba thing. There are many alumni of the school (Igbo, Hausa's, Yorubas, Efiks, Ibiobios, etcetera) who vehemently rejected the offer.

What is even the need to change the name of a popular brand when it is not like the brand had failed? GEJ didn't think that well at all. He could have done what Buhari did. Enough of renaming already well established universities. If I can remember well, GEJ created nine Federal universities. Why didn't he name one of them after MKO and let the university grow with the name?

I can't even imagine any useless government trying to rename my Alma mater, University of Ibadan. I will reject such gift even if it is to be renamed after my father.

Oh my goodness...it is a long time since I read something so articulate and logical. cool May the wisdom God deposited in your life never die!

Any great Akokite irrespective of where he hails from, will always fight against any attempt to rename UNILAG. In fact, if that renaming had succeeded way back then, it is most likely that Buhari would never have thought of giving this befitting honour to MKO Abiola.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by LaudableXX: 6:55pm On Jun 14, 2018
BluntBoy:
Well-said, bro.

I don't know why people continue to see this thing as a Yoruba thing.

I can't understand how somebody will just wake up and decide to make a decision that would impact a lot of lives negatively. I had a lecturer whom we called Baba Ike during my master's program. The man is an alumnus of Obafemi Awolowo University. Whenever the man referred to OAU, he always called it University of Ife and refused to call it OAU. That is how strong the bond is. I can't understand why these tribalists keep on seeing the rejection of GEJ's gift as hatred of Yoruba for GEJ. Unilag has alumni from all parts of the country and I can bet that none of them liked the change. The name "Unilag" alone drives thousands of prospective candidates to choose the school as first choice. Why would anyone just wake up one day and rename such a university. It is like renaming University of Nigeria Nsukka to Nnamdi Kanu University. I am sure even sympathizers of Kanu who are alumni of the university will reject such a gift.

Truer words have never been spoken!! cheesy well said bro.'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Geniro: 6:56pm On Jun 14, 2018
Jaideyone:

if propaganda is what is getting Lagos Ibadan, ikorodu shagamu, ore-shagamu, Lagos Abeokuta road, Lagos Ibadan rail and Ibadan to Ilorin rail fixed then let us continue with the propaganda grin stop crying for us pls. thank you!!!

by the way. I'm waiting for you to tell us projects Jonathan executed in the south west in 6yrs. mention 3!!!

Few of the things GEJ did in the SW...

Rehabilitation of Oshodi Apapa express way, commencement of construction of the Lagos Ibadan express way with funds released. Rehabilitation of the Murtala Airport, revitalization of the railway with modern coaches bought to ply within Lagos and from Lagos to Kano, revitalizing the Egbin power plant to its full capacity of 1,250MW, full construction and commisioning of the Olorunshogo 2 power plant, Omotosho 2 power plant, numerous transmission stations etc.
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Apina(m): 7:02pm On Jun 14, 2018
Babanick:

Please which Govt is paying subsidy to itself? you can make your point/argue without adding insult.
Instead of asking me, u could have simply made your own findings.

The NNPC is the sole importer of PMS, and the landing cost is said to be #175. Pump price of fuel is fixed @ #145 and thus the NNPC has to balance its account . Thus, #30 naira which is recorded as loss on the part of the NNPC when selling to independent marketers at #145 is then refunded to the importer(NNPC) which in the past, importation was a joint venture carried out by both the marketers and NNPC. Here comes the highlight, That #30 is whats called subsidy and in this case, the NNPC after selling crude and imports PMS from the money realised from the sales, then takes that #30 per liter imported daily based on THEIR OWN FIGURES which is whatever they say it is with no external body or agency allowed to Vet or check the daily importation.

The NNPC claims to pay the above subsidy to the tone of #1.4 Trillion monthly as opposed to the #300 billion in 2015 before this government took charge. In 2015 we were paying #87 per liter @ #300 billion for subsidy but in 2018 we are paying #145 per liter and subsidy is at #1.4 trillion.

So what changed in these 3 years that took the subsidy cost to #1.4 trillion even after the government denied not paying subsidy while fuel price went up by 70%? Why did the government deny paying subsidy ever? And why are we paying more for fuel or PMS if the price of subsidy went up by 300%?

Be objective in your answer. Hope you now understand what I'm saying undecided
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Jaideyone(m): 8:07pm On Jun 14, 2018
Geniro:

Few of the things GEJ did in the SW...

Rehabilitation of Oshodi Apapa express way, commencement of construction of the Lagos Ibadan express way with funds released. Rehabilitation of the Murtala Airport, revitalization of the railway with modern coaches bought to ply within Lagos and from Lagos to Kano, revitalizing the Egbin power plant to its full capacity of 1,250MW, full construction and commisioning of the Olorunshogo 2 power plant, Omotosho 2 power plant, numerous transmission stations etc.

buhahahahaha pls give us links to all these claims. you are joker!!!

Lagos Ibadan that GEJ did 10% in 6yrs? the same MMIA that is still in decay?
give us links to support all those power plant crap you typed up there cos j know they are lies.
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Babanick: 8:27pm On Jun 14, 2018
Apina:

Instead of asking me, u could have simply made your own findings.

The NNPC is the sole importer of PMS, and the landing cost is said to be #175. Pump price of fuel is fixed @ #145 and thus the NNPC has to balance its account . Thus, #30 naira which is recorded as loss on the part of the NNPC when selling to independent marketers at #145 is then refunded to the importer(NNPC) which in the past, importation was a joint venture carried out by both the marketers and NNPC. Here comes the highlight, That #30 is whats called subsidy and in this case, the NNPC after selling crude and imports PMS from the money realised from the sales, then takes that #30 per liter imported daily based on THEIR OWN FIGURES which is whatever they say it is with no external body or agency allowed to Vet or check the daily importation.

The NNPC claims to pay the above subsidy to the tone of #1.4 Trillion monthly as opposed to the #300 billion in 2015 before this government took charge. In 2015 we were paying #87 per liter @ #300 billion for subsidy but in 2018 we are paying #145 per liter and subsidy is at #1.4 trillion.

So what changed in these 3 years that took the subsidy cost to #1.4 trillion even after the government denied not paying subsidy while fuel price went up by 70%? Why did the government deny paying subsidy ever? And why are we paying more for fuel or PMS if the price of subsidy went up by 300%?

Be objective in your answer. Hope you now understand what I'm saying undecided
Go read my comment again, very slowly.
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Dedetwo(m): 8:34pm On Jun 14, 2018
Has any fool ever claimed to have passed canceled WASC Examination?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Geniro: 9:15pm On Jun 14, 2018
Jaideyone:
buhahahahaha pls give us links to all these claims. you are joker!!!

Lagos Ibadan that GEJ did 10% in 6yrs? the same MMIA that is still in decay?
give us links to support all those power plant crap you typed up there cos j know they are lies.

10% in 6 years.. What else do we need to justify you are an incoherent liar.

On Egbin power plant..

https://guardian.ng/energy/10-years-after-egbin-power-plant-hits-full-capacity/

On 450MW Omotosho phase 2 commissioning..

http://www.completenewsng.com/jonathan-commissions-450-megawatts-omotosho-phase-2-power-plant/

http://247ureports.com/president-jonathan-commissions-omotosho-phase-ii-power-station/

On Olorunshogo phase 2..

https://guardian.ng/news/nigeria/national/jonathan-commissions-olorunsogo-power-plant/

On rail revitalization. I present to you a brutal real life trip of nairalander using GEJ procured trains from Lagos to Minna.

https://www.nairaland.com/3459690/nairalander-first-class-train-lagos

You sir is either willfully ignorant or you are a shameless liar to say GEJ never did anything for the SW.

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Apina(m): 10:22pm On Jun 14, 2018
Babanick:

Go read my comment again, very slowly.
Sorry, this wasn't meant for you, I misrepresented you for someone with a brain undecided
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Jaideyone(m): 11:08pm On Jun 14, 2018
Geniro:

10% in 6 years.. What else do we need to justify you are an incoherent liar.

On Egbin power plant..

https://guardian.ng/energy/10-years-after-egbin-power-plant-hits-full-capacity/

On 450MW Omotosho phase 2 commissioning..

http://www.completenewsng.com/jonathan-commissions-450-megawatts-omotosho-phase-2-power-plant/

http://247ureports.com/president-jonathan-commissions-omotosho-phase-ii-power-station/

On Olorunshogo phase 2..

https://guardian.ng/news/nigeria/national/jonathan-commissions-olorunsogo-power-plant/

On rail revitalization. I present to you a brutal real life trip of nairalander using GEJ procured trains from Lagos to Minna.

https://www.nairaland.com/3459690/nairalander-first-class-train-lagos

You sir is either willfully ignorant or you are a shameless liar to say GEJ never did anything for the SW.
Jonathan did 10% of Lagos Ibadan. we are not fools pls so don't even try and twist that with all those counterpart lies you've been spewing previously.

good power projects there.

but in 6yrs your Jonathan only did serious work on one single road in the south west. just Benin ore road.
I'm very generous with the 10% work I'm giving in for Lagos Ibadan road sef. he never had a direct impact on our lives but he wanted us to vote him in 2015? that's ridiculous!!!

Yorubas are not ibos that vote with emotions. Jonathan did next to nothing for the ibos yet to them he's the next thing since sliced bread just because they like him as a person.
if anyone is looking for a reason why yorubas voted GEJ in 2011 and voted against him in 2015 then that's the reason.

sensible yorubas like myself are tired of being accused of voting against Jonathan just because we hate him. how come we didn't hate him in 2011 but we hated him in 2015?
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Geniro: 11:29pm On Jun 14, 2018
Jaideyone:
Jonathan did 10% of Lagos Ibadan. we are not fools pls so don't even try and twist that with all those counterpart lies you've been spewing previously.

good power projects there.

but in 6yrs your Jonathan only did serious work on one single road in the south west. just Benin ore road.
I'm very generous with the 10% work I'm giving in for Lagos Ibadan road sef. he never had a direct impact on our lives but he wanted us to vote him in 2015? that's ridiculous!!!

Yorubas are not ibos that vote with emotions. Jonathan did next to nothing for the ibos yet to them he's the next thing since sliced bread just because they like him as a person.
if anyone is looking for a reason why yorubas voted GEJ in 2011 and voted against him in 2015 then that's the reason.

sensible yorubas like myself are tired of being accused of voting against Jonathan just because we hate him. how come we didn't hate him in 2011 but we hated him in 2015?

You see those power projects and still say GEJ had no direct impact. The modernized train coaches in Lagos is utilized by ghosts right.
Stay there and be issuing a 10% rating when your preferred president in 3 years hasn't added even 1 percent. And please quit mentioning 6 years. GEJ never spent 6 years, it only shows your level of constipated propaganda.

So in your books Buhari has done excellently for you guyz to warrant a second term. You aren't alright.

If the Yorubas weren't emotional people like you won't be rejoicing over a mere public holiday that doesn't quench your hunger.

Please stop the silly lies that GEJ did nothing for the SW. Comparing GEJ to Bubu is plain travesty.
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by LaudableXX: 12:22am On Jun 15, 2018
seguno2:
The university of Ife was not already a brand and recognisable identity when it was changed to Obafemi Awolowo University? Must you talk before you think as you vainly try to justify the unjustifiable
A military govt changed the name of University of Ife to Obafemi Awolowo University. sad Students protested, people complained, the public objected and even newspapers criticised the move. Most civilians outside the camp of the military found the idea repugnant. angry But since there are no ways to democratically reverse military decrees, the name change stuck. Very few people liked that decision. It would not have happened under a democratic regime. So nothing in my previous and current posts, justified the name change that took place in Unife. undecided Try to read carefully, before hitting the keyboard next time. And keep your false accusations in your pocket.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ibok Ibas Locks Emmanuel Ekpe Owen Up For Uncovering Fraud / Jonathan, Madueke, CSO Obuah In Trouble Over $6.9million ‘mobile Stage’ Scandal / Jonathan Carrying Femi Fani-kayode's Son (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.