Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,709 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment (27448 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Apina(m): 3:26pm On Jun 16, 2018
Charity begins at home, We know she's a confused being undecided

2 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by ladygudhead(f): 3:26pm On Jun 16, 2018
She has this ITK air around her.

5 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by spiritedtete: 3:26pm On Jun 16, 2018
To be honest there is Nothing about Chimamanda... she is Not fighting any course... she is just blabbing all around ...

There are so many issues with women in Africa... if you want to pick a course, go to any African countries that needs this enlightment, don't stay in the place they already get it right and be talking... and some gullible schools are giving her awards...(well maybe for writing shaaa).

For me she is of no importance to my present environment.

Happy blabbing Chima. And keep deceiving them with fake bravery that can not hold water. (With no achievement on humanity)

12 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Call07034780891: 3:27pm On Jun 16, 2018
Benita27:
Female genital mutilation isn't prevalent in Nigeria. In fact, it's at a low ebb. She spoke with so much ignorance of how she sees Nigeria.

Chimamanda has got her permanent resident status in America so she'll keep reading/hearing more of Chimamanda's views and there isn't much she can do. grin

You are right.

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by CSTR1003: 3:28pm On Jun 16, 2018
MrLouisVanGaal1:
Put her in her place..There are better issues to champion with regards to being a woman in Africa than trying to sow some devlish western feminist ideas to some confused women who are looking for educated but not smart people to champion their cause such as this woman.
Put her in her place?

You obviously don't realise that the activist is telling chimamanda that Africans should not aspire to effect revolutionary global change since they are supposed to be coming from a shitty continent with basic needs.

A position which you are now enforcing.

Because I don't understand what you mean by put her in her place
Is it because chimamanda is black?

Because she is definitely on a higher social and intellectual standing in America than the so called activist.

So who is putting who in their place? You self hating racist.

7 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Call07034780891: 3:29pm On Jun 16, 2018
But wait oo.. who's Loesch? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by BAILMONEY: 3:29pm On Jun 16, 2018
WE IGBOS ARE NOT WITH CHIMAMANDA ON THIS.

2 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by lereinter(m): 3:29pm On Jun 16, 2018
she haven't even won noble price for literature

she has become epitome of controversy

I pity her if the west start with her

holier than the pope attitude that will take her nowhere

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by CSTR1003: 3:30pm On Jun 16, 2018
BAILMONEY:
WE IGBOS ARE NOT WITH CHIMAMANDA ON THIS.
Speak for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by kay29000(m): 3:32pm On Jun 16, 2018
Benita27:
Female genital mutilation isn't prevalent in Nigeria. In fact, it's at a low ebb. She spoke with so much ignorance of how she sees Nigeria.

Chimamanda has got her permanent resident status in America so she'll keep reading/hearing more of Chimamanda's views and there isn't much she can do. grin

How do you know it is at a low ebb? Do you have data on that? My ex was circumcised, and same with my current girl. It is more prevalent than you know.

12 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by itsandi(m): 3:32pm On Jun 16, 2018
angry
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 16, 2018
Call07034780891:

You are right.
She obviously think the state of Nigeria is what she reads on the pages of books. They don't do much justice to reality on ground. I trust Chimamanda to reply her for her height of ignorance! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Call07034780891: 3:32pm On Jun 16, 2018
Most of these people are devoid of any rationality but are saying all of these out of tribal sentiments.

Chimamanda is a strong voice globally and some non Igbos cannot deal with such reality

CSTR1003:

Put her in her place?

You obviously don't realise that the activist is telling chimamanda that Africans should not aspire to effect revolutionary global change since they are supposed to be coming from a shitty continent with basic needs.

Because she is definitely on a higher social and intellectual standing in America than the so called activist.

4 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by NeuroBoss(m): 3:32pm On Jun 16, 2018
Benita27:

It is pathetic that in your bid to side with your godmother, you denied a widelyspread heinous crime in Nigeria. You are pathetic!

11 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by CSTR1003: 3:33pm On Jun 16, 2018
lereinter:

she haven't even won noble price for literature

she has become epitome of controversy

I pity her if the west start with her

holier than the pope attitude that will take her nowhere
She just won a recent award for her work in feminism just last week from the west.

This oyibo woman is irrelevant.

She is Probably jealous that a black African woman is enjoying so much success while she will never be able to attain half of it .

Trying to ride on chimamanda's coattails to relevance.

2 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 3:34pm On Jun 16, 2018
When media give too much attention on someone, he or she would take it for granted. Instead of Chimamanda to talk about the maltreatment of widow's in the eastern part of Nigeria where she hails from, she is busy talking about unimportant issues.

6 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by CSTR1003: 3:35pm On Jun 16, 2018
Call07034780891:

Most of these people are devoid of any rationality but are saying all of these out of tribal sentiments.

Chimamanda is a strong voice globally and some non Igbos cannot deal with such reality

I don't tribalize the discourse.

A lot of people are just ignorant and self hating.

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 16, 2018
kay29000:

How do you know it is at a low ebb? Do you have data on that? My ex was circumcised, and same with my current girl. It is more prevalent than you know.
That's a lie. Nigeria of the 50s-90s isn't the same as Nigeria of today. Lots of awareness have been created that modern parents no longer mutilate their kids, and if they do in the rural areas, it's very low. When I say low, I mean low!

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by spiritedtete: 3:36pm On Jun 16, 2018
CSTR1003:

Put her in her place?

What are you talking about... what has chamanmada achieve so far other than for herself... since she stated blabbing... How many courses has she embark on. Abegi!

Not hating here oo... is just painful that people are too consume seeing her from" the Americana book perspective".

She stays in the western world telling them what they already know... and some olodo are there clapping... while there are so many places especially in Africa that she can champion a course to.

5 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by CSTR1003: 3:37pm On Jun 16, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:
When media give too much attention on someone, he or she would take it for granted. Instead o Chimamanda to talk about the maltreatment of widow's in the eastern part of Nigeria where she hails from, she is busy talking about unimportant issues.
Yes, focus on your village needs and leave the rest of the world to focus on global need.

How dare a black African have a say on what constitute a global trend?
Black Africans have no right to shape global history since their villages have no borehole.

Clap for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by udemzyudex(m): 3:38pm On Jun 16, 2018
Benita27:

These people know a lot more than some of you residing in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 16, 2018
NeuroBoss:

It is pathetic that in your bid to side with your godmother, you denied a widelyspread heinous crime in Nigeria. You are pathetic!
You're just as ignorant as the White woman.
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by kayjay69(m): 3:39pm On Jun 16, 2018
Before you guys shit on your own largely because you don't agree with her stance, please take some time to google and read up on who Dana Loesch is and what she does for a living.
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ouch.
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by CSTR1003: 3:40pm On Jun 16, 2018
spiritedtete:

What are you talking about... what has chamanmada achieve so far other than for herself... since she stated blabbing... How many courses has she embark on. Abegi!

Not hating here oo... is just painful that people are too consume seeing her from" the Americana book perspective".

She stays in the western world telling them what they already know... and some olodo are there clapping... while there are so many places especially in Africa that she can champion a course to.
What has chimamanda achieved?

The day any member of your family or even Nigeria as a whole get elected by students from Harvard to give them a final movitational send -forth into the world, get back at me.

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 16, 2018
But Loesch is right. Adichie should be using her fame to bring light to the numerous issues affecting little girls and women in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by shammahyaro(f): 3:42pm On Jun 16, 2018
The female genital mutilation is really prevalent in the Northern part of Nigeria.Last year my friend's roommate gave birth to a beautiful baby girl so she packed out the hostel.She came visiting one day and was giving her baby some herbal drug and the little baby was around 8months then,someone in the room just asked her why she was giving the child drugs and she said the girl was circumcised some days back.Mind you this lady I'm talking about is educated and she's in 300level...Imagine the pain I felt,she was even telling us it's very very good sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 16, 2018
udemzyudex:

These people know a lot more than some of you residing in the country.
How can you know anything about a country you've never been to? If we check now, she's never been to Nigeria.
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 16, 2018
Benita27:

My friend, say what you can comfortably defend. If you have anyone who does field work for NGOs in Nigeria, especially middle belt and up north, give them a call and ask wosup.
FGM is still much around in Nigeria, and I am saying this because my job brings me into contact with this practice on a regular.
A lot of work needs to be done, don't believe what you see or read from govt statistics, they say those things for political gain. Its the same way they claim there is no cholera outbreak in their states whereas we have many dying daily from cholera as we speak.
That aside, there are a lot of female issues CNA can champion for her fellow black women other than keeping up with the Jones there. Girl child education, Childhood marriages, Rape, Widow ish, Cervical cancer, etc etc these are very much with us in Nigeria, begging for someone to take them to the world stage. Bill and Melinda Gates can't do it all.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by spiritedtete: 3:44pm On Jun 16, 2018
CSTR1003:

What has chimamanda achieved?

The day any member of your family or even Nigeria as a whole get elected by students from Harvard to give them a final movitational send -forth into the world, get back at me.

Members of my family? Because you are privilege to write an opinion? Look here low life... what my family has achieved... in fact what I have achieved is enough to feed your 10th generations okay... get it right gutter!

By the way loser! I don't live for personal achievement... I derived satisfaction in making my environment better.

4 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by BabaIbo: 3:45pm On Jun 16, 2018
I think Chimamanda is taking the media attention for granted, there are so many things facing women in the east or Nigeria or Africa that she can raise or bring to open with her media attention, instead of wasting it

3 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by CSTR1003: 3:45pm On Jun 16, 2018
JupiterGeekVII:
Ouch. But Loesch is right. Adichie should be using her opportunities to bring light to important issues affecting little girls and women in Nigeria.
But she does.

She shuttles between Nigeria and the US hosting book clubs for little girls and boys who wants to read.

She has made herself an example to millions of African women who wants to live independently beyond the whims and caprices of male opinion.

What else do you want from her?

Is she a member of your government?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) / Looking For Movie Scripts For Nollywood / Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.