Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,445 members, 7,830,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment (27477 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by naijacentric(m): 3:46pm On Jun 16, 2018
Donald3d:
Gbam !
People need to understand what true feminism is
Here is my letter to so called feminists :

Ladies and Women, please be guided.
Feminism isn't a battle against men.
It isn't about labelling one gender good/evil or mediocre/superior

Personally, I am a feminist, yup ! and I am a guy !
Feminism doesn't mean you shouldn't carry out certain roles and duties, which you should.

It shouldn't make you rude and uncultured all in the name of being "strong"

Back to the issue of roles, God has made you the female folks-mothers, and there is nothing we can do about it, he gave you breasts, a womb and a passage for babies for a REASON.So, because of all these, a natural responsibilty has been placed on you as a home maker .Roles ! Duties !

Don't let your fight for equality get in the way of your duty.You have to understand that you can't get equality in everything.You have to also understand that there are so many ways you as women are even more superior than men.For example, pain threshold, did you know that women can withstand more pain than men ?, there are so many physical,emotional and pshycological facts I can pull out.

Feminism means, a man should not be given a upper hand in a job/work place etc, because he is a man !, if he is selected, it should be because he is qualified/capable

Heck ! feminism also means you as a woman should'nt be given preference because you are loaded with gigantic mulele in front of you and behind you !.Yes I am a feminist and I would feel cheated as a guy if you are chosen over me because of that, if I am more qualified than you are !.This is true feminism

Moving on, feminism also means when we go out for dinner, I don't have to pay all the time , because "I am a man", you should pay sometimes too !.I should only have to pay ALL THE TIME, if you don't have money, or I choose to, or you don't have a job.Heck !, why don't you have a job !, why don't you have a skill ! !, you are a feminist remember !.Do something with your hands and don't be a liabilty, being a liabilty only makes you an hypocrite and you are not practicing true feminism .!

Having said that, marriage is a little different, men o men !!, your wives are are human beings too, help them out with the kids when they are tired, they are bone and flesh too and they get tired !.Help her cook sometimes.But don't over do it, else you might be turned into a footstool.Respect her and appreciate her efforts, even if its her duty !.She is an helper, not a slave !.You didn't buy her, you married her ! and she married you !.Hence you are partners !

Buy gifts occasionally , celebrate her, make her feel on top of the world , even if its her duty !.

Women, respect your husbands, commend him as well, help him out when he is broke even if "he is the man of the house, and its his responsbility", even if he isn't broke, attempt to shoulder some financial responsibilities sometimes.You are partners !.Appreciate him.Don't just f**king brag about it like most of you do, when you help out financially.

Remember, wisdom is the principal thing, knowledge is light, and love is life.Combine these well and you would be happy

Donald- A fellow feminist.

Let me use this opportunity to tell you about a training I am conducting for those who want to learn how to MAKE MONEY from their BLOGS
I have an ungoing training to help you boost your blog(for those into blogging) and make Money with it easily, if you have been trying and failing at blogging, this training is for you .Check out the link below .There are limited FREE slots available
https://www.nairaland.com/4549363/blogging-everything-single-thing-need
why do u say women take more pain dan men really is dat realistic d same people who cant handle small rejection bro nawa to u

2 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 16, 2018
EsotericMonk:

My friend, say what you can comfortably defend. If you have anyone who does field work for NGOs in Nigeria, especially middle belt and up north, give them a call and ask wosup.
FGM is still much around in Nigeria, and I am saying this because my job brings me into contact with this practice on a regular.
A lot of work needs to be done, don't believe what you see or read from govt statistics, they say those things for political gain. Its the same way they claim there is no cholera outbreak in their states where we have many dying daily from cholera as we speak.
Oga, I said it's at a low ebb now when compared to how it was in the 80s or 90s thereabout...that's because lot of awareness has been created by the government and NGOs. She should have been specific with her assertion.
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by CSTR1003: 3:48pm On Jun 16, 2018
spiritedtete:

Members of my family? Because you are privilege to write an opinion? Look here low life... what my family has achieved... in fact what I have achieved is enough to feed your 10th generations okay... get it right gutter!

By the way loser! I don't live for personal achievement... I derived satisfaction in making my environment better.
You are too ignorant for me to waste an extra KB on.

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 16, 2018
A chimpanzee trying to teach monkeys how to climb a tree, that's the story of silly Chimamanda Adichie. undecided
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 16, 2018
Benita27:
How can you know anything about a country you've never been to? If we check now, she's never been to Nigeria.
Who told u they don't know?
These guys know more about u than u know yourself.
This is a big fact else they won't still be your master till date.

That aside, chimanda is from an am bra I guess?
She should go to ngige town and make inquiry.
Female genital mutilation is still going on there.
So the lady actually did her homework well.

Chimanda should know when to slow down. The west made and defined her and they can unmade her too.
She should know how to balance things. Beyonce and the likes all knew how to balance it. She should learn

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by spiritedtete: 3:50pm On Jun 16, 2018
CSTR1003:

You are too ignorant for me to waste an extra KB on.

Ignorant... you say? Why don't you try and be rational with your foresightedness.. I think it will help you a lot.

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by udemzyudex(m): 3:52pm On Jun 16, 2018
Benita27:
How can you know anything about a country you've never been to? If we check now, she's never been to Nigeria.

Lol.
You don't have to reside in a country before you know a lot about it, the word is a global village thanks to internet.

You can sit at the comfort of your room and read about what's currently going on in a particular country.

I'm sure you watch CNN and other news stations on your dstv or gotv

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 16, 2018
Typical Nigerian mentality. You go to someone else's country/culture and because they've given you citizenship, you start trying to correct their culture or pick faults in this sort of 'I'm better than you' manner..

If you're that smart, why is your country in such a terrible state? This Adichie woman is clearly over hyped.

She's not as bright as they tell us, because if she were there're enough social problems in her real country (not the fake, feel-good one) that she should be trying to fix.

Baby factories and selling of babies are rife in Igboland. Adichie should do something about that first before she tells Americans how to live their lives.

Adichie is over hyped and I never was impressed by her fakeness.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by bettercreature(m): 3:54pm On Jun 16, 2018
Sarkin:
Chimamanda is a stupid fool
She is losing fans everyday

3 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 16, 2018
Faithway10:
From; Amagitesblog.com

A US political commentator, Dana Loesch, has frowned at Chimamanda Adichie’s position on chivalry.

Loesch on Thursday suggested that Adichie, who has been vocal about feminism, “should return to her own country and worry about genital mutilation” instead of calling out sexism in Western culture.

During a Fox TV show, Loesch was asked about Adichie’s appearance on The Daily Show, where she explained the downside of chivalry.

I think gestures like holding the door shouldn’t be gender-based,” Adichie had said.

I’m quite happy for people to hold the door for me. But I hope they’re not doing it because of this sort of idea of chivalry. Because chivalry is really about the idea that women are somehow weak and need protecting. But we know that really, there are many women who are stronger than many men.

However, Loesch, who is also the National Rifle Association (NRA) spokesperson, suggested that Adichie did not understand chivalry but should instead focus on “weightier matters” like female genital mutilation which is prevalent in Nigeria.

I don’t think she understands quite the concept of chivalry, which was a code of conduct for gentleman,” Loesch said.

“With all due respect to Adichie — and I’m familiar with her — I think it’s a luxury of third-way feminism to complain about holding doors open for people where her country, Nigeria, it ranks top in the world for female genital mutilation, which I think if far more of a disservice to women and far more suppressive than someone courteously opening the door for someone else.

https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/06/leave-chivalry-and-worry-about-female-genital-mutilation-in-nigeria-us-activist-to-chimamanda-adichie.html

True. There are numerous pressing issues that deserve advocacy more than some half-baked feminist theory.

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 3:54pm On Jun 16, 2018
CSTR1003:

Yes, focus on your village needs and leave the rest of the world to focus on global need.

How dare a black African have a say on what constitute a global trend?
Black Africans have no right to shape global history since their villages have no borehole.

Clap for yourself.
They say charity begins at home. Chimamanda should start from her village. Many Igbo women that are widows are being maltreated. Women can't inherit their father and husbands' properties. Not talking about issues that doesn't hold water. Once she can do those things I listed, they will take her serious.

11 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 16, 2018
udemzyudex:

Lol.
You don't have to reside in a country before you know a lot about it, the word is a global village thanks to internet.

You can sit at the comfort of your room and read about what's currently going on in a particular country.

I'm sure you watch CNN and other news stations on your dstv or gotv
With the way CNN depicts Nigeria, is that really what Nigeria is? Tell yourself the truth. grin You just don't like Chimamanda so your reason for supporting whoever shuts her up even when the said person isn't being objective enough.

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Ziggylady(f): 4:02pm On Jun 16, 2018
spiritedtete:

Members of my family? Because you are privilege to write an opinion? Look here low life... what my family has achieved... in fact what I have achieved is enough to feed your 10th generations okay... get it right gutter!

By the way loser! I don't live for personal achievement... I derived satisfaction in making my environment better.

Well i hope you have 'made your environment better' since you have achieved more than ten Chimamandas put together undecided...not just ranting in rage on faceless forums against her.

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Greenback: 4:02pm On Jun 16, 2018
Adichie shud be more kwoncerned about the activities of sophisticated Ms and coneheads.

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Joefixy(m): 4:02pm On Jun 16, 2018
Benita27:
Female genital mutilation isn't prevalent in Nigeria. In fact, it's at a low ebb. She spoke with so much ignorance of how she sees Nigeria.

Chimamanda has got her permanent resident status in America so she'll keep reading/hearing more of Chimamanda's views and there isn't much she can do. grin
Female genital mutilation is common in Nigeria unless you don't know the meaning of it

3 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by CSTR1003: 4:03pm On Jun 16, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

They say charity begins at home. Chimamanda should start from her village. Many Igbo women that are widows are being maltreated. Women can't inherit their father and husband's property. Not talking about issues that doesn't hold water. Once she can do those things I listed, they will take her serious.
Issues on equal rights for women does not hold water?

You are not the one to tell her what cause should appeal to her.

If she is not doing it to your satisfaction , you can take it up and become better than chimamanda.

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by kenex4ever(m): 4:04pm On Jun 16, 2018
midolian:
People don't know all Chimamanda tried to do with her last controversial comment was damage control. She knew how much damage she caused her reputation with the Hilary interview
The damage is clearly on you because the recepient of the message welcomed it and made changes.

Whatever she says is her own opinion and she never said they are facts. People are bound to oppose, it does not remove anything from her.

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by CSTR1003: 4:05pm On Jun 16, 2018
spiritedtete:

Ignorant... you say? Why don't you try and be rational with your foresightedness.. I think it will help you a lot.
My friend, shut up.

I just dey look you with one eye.

I no wan embarass you for another person matter.
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by spiritedtete: 4:07pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ziggylady:

Well i hope you have 'made your environment better' since you have achieved more than ten Chimamandas put together undecided...not just ranting in rage on faceless forums against her.

Hey! I am not querying her personal achievement... she work hard to earn that.

But really what has she achieved on the society ?
I don't have to brag about my course it is talking for itself... this is not about personal gain... it is so so selfless service.

For me I think until Chima start a personal course where it is needed.. then people like us will begin to see her like a champion. For now let her talk less it's getting boring.

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Ziggylady(f): 4:09pm On Jun 16, 2018
spiritedtete:

Hey! I am not querying her personal achievement... she work hard earn that.

But really what has she achieved on the society ?
I don't have to brag about my course it is talking for itself... this is not about personal gain... it is so so selfless service.

For me I think until Chima start a personal course where it is needed.. then people like us will begin to see her like a champion. For now let her talk less it's getting boring.

Yeah right undecided
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Acepen(m): 4:10pm On Jun 16, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:
Before you start hating on Chimaamanda, you have to hate on yourself first. Must you side the woman because she attacked CNA?
Okay, check this out...

- She said that female genital mutilation is predominant in Nigeria, how many people still practice that today? How did she confirm it?
- Must it be Adichie that will attack the female genital mutilation? Can't you do that or is your only life on NL? When will you get small sense to know that someone else is speaking her opinion and you are entitled to yours?

Seriously the hate is getting out of hand and she is going higher. The more you hate, the more she meets presidents!

From a loyal fan...
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 16, 2018
There are so many causes she could have championed, biafra, a stance against herdsmen, a stance against the poverty in Nigeria, but she chooses soft topics, feminism, chivalry.she is African but doesn't sound African, she seeks to be politically correct, the issue with being PC is that you are just there, the same, nothing is special about you, all our protest writers are either old and tired or dead and gone.she is a Nigerian sellout

6 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by diamondvil(f): 4:10pm On Jun 16, 2018
There is nothing wrong with chivalry. It shows the man in question is a gentleman. A feature wch is lacking in most Nigerian guys. I love men who exhibit chivalry like opening the door for me,drawing out a chair for me to sit.....etc. dats an act of being romantic and I think most ladies love it and not complaining about it. undecided

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by spiritedtete: 4:10pm On Jun 16, 2018
CSTR1003:

My friend, shut up.

I just dey look you with one eye.

I no wan embarass you for another person matter.

Let me tell you something piggy butt...I am a fun person and very social and in people's opinion down to earth. There is nothing embarrassing about since I have been born. Get it right idiot.

Or oh you dug my quotes up? Lol . It's part of the fun dumboo.
Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Reference(m): 4:10pm On Jun 16, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:
Before you start hating on Chimaamanda, you have to hate on yourself first. Must you side the woman because she attacked CNA?
Okay, check this out...

- She said that female genital mutilation is predominant in Nigeria, how many people still practice that today? How did she confirm it?
- Must it be Adichie that will attack the female genital mutilation? Can't you do that or is your only life on NL? When will you get small sense to know that someone else is speaking her opinion and you are entitled to yours?

Seriously the hate is getting out of hand and she is going higher. The more you hate, the more she meets presidents!

From a loyal fan...

Mr. Loyal fan, please tell her to focus more on literary works. That is the grace she has been given. Focus is the key to what she raves and rants about.

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by patwilly(m): 4:11pm On Jun 16, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:
Okay, check this out...

From a loyal fan...
Unfortunately for men, there will always be cuckolds like you. Tell me, do you also suck semen from your wife's vjay when she sleeps with her gateman?

4 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Zimmermann(m): 4:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
I LOVE DANA LEOSCH!!!

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Neoteny(m): 4:17pm On Jun 16, 2018
People don't seem to understand.

Salamander Adichie is using her platform to get riches and fame.

It's a scam.

7 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 16, 2018
Faithway10:
From; Amagitesblog.com

A US political commentator, Dana Loesch, has frowned at Chimamanda Adichie’s position on chivalry.

Loesch on Thursday suggested that Adichie, who has been vocal about feminism, “should return to her own country and worry about genital mutilation” instead of calling out sexism in Western culture.

During a Fox TV show, Loesch was asked about Adichie’s appearance on The Daily Show, where she explained the downside of chivalry.

I think gestures like holding the door shouldn’t be gender-based,” Adichie had said.

I’m quite happy for people to hold the door for me. But I hope they’re not doing it because of this sort of idea of chivalry. Because chivalry is really about the idea that women are somehow weak and need protecting. But we know that really, there are many women who are stronger than many men.

However, Loesch, who is also the National Rifle Association (NRA) spokesperson, suggested that Adichie did not understand chivalry but should instead focus on “weightier matters” like female genital mutilation which is prevalent in Nigeria.

I don’t think she understands quite the concept of chivalry, which was a code of conduct for gentleman,” Loesch said.

“With all due respect to Adichie — and I’m familiar with her — I think it’s a luxury of third-way feminism to complain about holding doors open for people where her country, Nigeria, it ranks top in the world for female genital mutilation, which I think if far more of a disservice to women and far more suppressive than someone courteously opening the door for someone else.

https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/06/leave-chivalry-and-worry-about-female-genital-mutilation-in-nigeria-us-activist-to-chimamanda-adichie.html

This Adichie woman has abused the esteemed position she found herself and the fame has done some damage to her orientation as an African woman.
There are more pressing issues bothering our people, which could have been highlighted on a bigger stage by Adichie, but she squandered that opportunity and instead chose a non beneficial topic to dwell on.

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by dingbang(m): 4:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
Women sef..

Unless your hands are amputated, or its carrying something, I won't pull out a chair for you or open the car door.

2 Likes

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by CSTR1003: 4:23pm On Jun 16, 2018
Btw, FGM is a by-product of gender inequality.

The desire to inhibit female sexual urges is borne of an unequal system.

There is no country in the world where women are truly equal to the men and still practice female genital mutilation.

So chimamanda is addressing the issue at the root course -which is inequality.

Stop gender inequality, and FGM will fizzle away in time.

Besides, I am surprised some people are accusing her of abandoning her home issues.

chimamanda created a beautiful novel on the biafran story called "heart of a yellow sun" to honour memories of biafrans washed away in the sea of Nigerian revisionism.

A book that got her enemies left, right and centre .

She has done her quota.

1 Like

Re: Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment by introvertme: 4:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
CSTR1003:

Yes, focus on your village needs and leave the rest of the world to focus on global need.

How dare a black African have a say on what constitute a global trend?
Black Africans have no right to shape global history since their villages have no borehole.

Clap for yourself.

Totally agree with this, remove the log in your eye before telling others to.

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp / Looking For Movie Scripts For Nollywood / WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.