Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? (13678 Views)

Before Walking Down The Isle, Know Your Genotypes, Story Of A Sickler / Can You Date Your Boss Or Colleague?: Nigerians React / Can You Date A Guy Who Doesn't Have Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by oluwatodimu1(m): 2:53am On Jun 18, 2018
Uniquetani1:

Yes it is mostly typhoid
I am even suffering from it now. I always think that AA is the strongest of all genotype
Its perception based. tho like i said dietary improvements would prove a worthy choice to boost immunity eg: take fresh fruits
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Carlmax(m): 3:17am On Jun 18, 2018
I can date/Marry a Sickler, but we would have to leave this country to one where the healthcare system works flawlessly.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Heartbender: 6:34am On Jun 18, 2018
Yes, every chance I get. First, I'm positive that scientific predictions are horse manure and an awful lot of stories surrounding sickle cell anemia aren't watertight or final.
Second, I've dated someone with sickle cell anemia and we only parted because of her attitude and not because of her state of health. Third, maybe we should hook up. I live in Lag but my family is in PH. Amen?

2 Likes

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Harkyn92(m): 7:21am On Jun 18, 2018
Even if I don't want to, your intelligence and knowledge of your health status can even change someone's mind because it can help you to manage yourself and live the best live unlike some unserious AA girls.
Wish you best of luck dear.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 18, 2018
Sicklers date and marry, they are human beings too.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 18, 2018
Heartbender:
Yes, every chance I get. First, I'm positive that scientific predictions are horse manure and an awful lot of stories surrounding sickle cell anemia aren't watertight or final.
Second, I've dated someone with sickle cell anemia and we only parted because of her attitude and not because of her state of health. Third, maybe we should hook up. I live in Lag but my family is in PH. Amen?
Amen

2 Likes

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 18, 2018
Harkyn92:
Even if I don't want to, your intelligence and knowledge of your health status can even change someone's mind because it can help you to manage yourself and live the best live unlike some unserious AA girls.
Wish you best of luck dear.
Thanks
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by RayJinble(m): 8:48am On Jun 18, 2018
Tosinex:
You SS, you look it though! But you ain't it. There's nothing God can't do. I'm a AS so it won't be a wise decision, anyways you beautiful wink

SOo... is it true?

Have you ever gotten malaria?
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Uniquetani1(f): 10:07am On Jun 18, 2018
oluwatodimu1:

Its perception based. tho like i said dietary improvements would prove a worthy choice to boost immunity eg: take fresh fruits

OK thank you
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by alioche: 10:14am On Jun 18, 2018
I would, given that I love her sincerely
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by akins56(m): 10:20am On Jun 18, 2018
Uniquetani1:

Mine is much I am even sick now cry This is the fourth time this year.
your own small I treat malaria almost every other month. I don tire
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 18, 2018
akins56:
your own small
I treat malaria almost every other month.
I don tire
Sorry dear
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Evangkatsoulis: 12:06pm On Jun 18, 2018
Nope
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Unclesamo(m): 2:33pm On Jun 18, 2018
Chi59:
Thanks
For Me, I can. but it depend on her medical history. I.e her medications & ow often she gets Sick.
cos SS differs...

if I may ask... Ow often do U visit x clinic,?
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 18, 2018
Unclesamo:

For Me, I can.
but it depend on her medical history. I.e
her medications & ow often she gets Sick.

cos SS differs...

if I may ask...
Ow often do U visit x clinic,?
Not often
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Alhajiemeritus: 4:25pm On Jun 18, 2018
I can't sha. Why? Different strokes for Different Folks.
I get scared easily, so imagine my state of mind during d crisis period.

1 Like

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by fuellessgen: 10:51pm On Jun 18, 2018
Akant abeg. I cannor come and kii myself. sad
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by shaibu123: 11:50pm On Jun 18, 2018
desiregold:
My genotype is AA.

So, i can marry a sickler. Sicklers didnt create themselves, it wasnt their mistake.

My dear God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:54pm On Jun 18, 2018
When I was in Primary 4 I had a friend. She was very beautiful and my "wife" back then. We do a lot of things together and even go home together.

On this fateful day Blessing, a very brilliant girl who never missed school was absent in school. The next day she was also absent and the day after she was absent. Strange?

The School Headmaster and our class teacher approached me to take them to where she lives to know what must have been the reason. We went to her house that fateful evening after school hours and we were told "God has taken Blessing". Tears disappeared from my eyes, I was devastated... Blessing was a Sickler!
May God rest her soul!

Sincerely, after that event I don't think I can cope psychologically marrying a Sickler, I'll struggle to convince myself to marry an AS. Though I'm an AA, I prefer to follow the footstep of my father to marry fellow AA to ensure that none of my kids have anything 'S' in them.

But I must commend the sickle cell community in Nigeria for what they are doing.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 1:51am On Jun 19, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
When I was in Primary 4 I had a friend. She was very beautiful and my "wife" back then. We do a lot of things together and even go home together.

On this fateful day Blessing, a very brilliant girl who never missed school was absent in school. The next day she was also absent and the day after she was absent. Strange?

The School Headmaster and our class teacher approached me to take them to where she lives to know what must have been the reason. We went to her house that fateful evening after school hours and we were told "God has taken Blessing". Tears disappeared from my eyes, I was devastated... Blessing was a Sickler!
May God rest her soul!

Sincerely, after that event I don't think I can cope psychologically marrying a Sickler, I'll struggle to convince myself to marry an AS. Though I'm an AA, I prefer to follow the footstep of my father to marry fellow AA to ensure that none of my kids have anything 'S' in them.

But I must commend the sickle cell community in Nigeria for what they are doing.
Sad story. But then, double S gene or not, life is a risk, death is imminent. Death is as much a part of life, as life, death.
Sorry for your loss.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 19, 2018
RayJinble:

SOo... is it true?

Have you ever gotten malaria?
lolzz, yeah brother. When I was growing being a teenager, I got malaria to the point of death, I fall sick of malaria every two weeks. Then I don't need a mosquitoe to bite me before getting malaria, all I need to do is to mistakenly touch someone having malaria and within the next hour, I'm already shivering and cold, but God resuscitateted me after those times. The medicines I used during those times had a long effect on me even after the malaria saga. But now I'm free, though attimes after been terrible hit by mosquitoes I do feel malaria but I only make use of paracetamol and I'll be okay, thanks.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 19, 2018
shaibu123:

My dear God bless you.
My dear, I dont see any need holding on to this life very hard.

SS or AA, death its inevitable for everyone.

I lost a sibling (AA genotype) at 23yrs. While my bestie (SS genotype) in her thirties is still alive and rocking life hard with me. And i know she will live down to 90yrs for me, Dem no born her well to try death prank with me. cheesy.

Life dont usually appear in black or white for us.., it appears in a different colour sometimes. A colour you cant even explain.

To all the sicklers(warriors) out there.., Peace and love to you.!!

6 Likes

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 19, 2018
nice thread....

1 Like

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by sexdoll: 11:13pm On Jun 23, 2018
NO.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 10, 2018
Chi59:

Any reasons?
If she dies young i will be forever broken.. And i cant bring innocent kids to suffer because of love
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 10, 2018
dairykidd:

If she dies young i will be forever broken.. And i cant bring innocent kids to suffer because of love
But then, people die everyday, leaving loved ones behind. Both healthy and sick, married or single.
If you were a sickler, wouldn't you want to be able to love and be loved, instead of being avoided for fear of dying soon?
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 10, 2018
Chi59:

But then, people die everyday, leaving loved ones behind. Both healthy and sick, married or single.
If you were a sickler, wouldn't you want to be able to love and be loved, instead of being avoided for fear of dying soon?
Maybe... Still having kids who will be sickle cell is not an option for me.. Its just not fair from any angle
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by virago(f): 7:54pm On Jul 11, 2018
I can and will marry an SS if I fall in love with one.

I can't believe I'm just seeing this thread for the first time , was this ever on front page ?
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by izzou(m): 8:51pm On Jul 11, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Hmmmmmm
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 12, 2018
for me its a NO though i know we will all die someday somehow, but love apart am AS nd marrying a lady with SS will only spell DOOM 4 my family. by the way chi59 u r very beautiful and d way u reply shows ur inteligent nd calm too

1 Like

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by mimimile93: 11:12pm On Jul 12, 2018
Chi59:
As the world sickle cell day approaches in three days time, I think about sickle cell and the impacts on various aspects of my life, especially my love life.

I haven't actually been in a relationship yet. And while I want to think that it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a sickler, I've noticed a certain trend in the guys I've come to like.

The initial promises, the show of affection, the hesitation, lies and sudden disappearance seems to be a vicious cycle.

So I want to ask, why is that so?
Would you date a sickler if you could?
Why wouldn't you want to date a sickler?

Cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove

Hey I am sorry..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How I Revenged A Girl That Refused To Give Me Her Number. / Picture Of A Single Mum Deeply Kissing Her Teenage Daughter / Smash Or Pass? Very Busty Instagram Slayqueen Ada La Pinky (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.