Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? (13691 Views)

Before Walking Down The Isle, Know Your Genotypes, Story Of A Sickler / Can You Date Your Boss Or Colleague?: Nigerians React / Can You Date A Guy Who Doesn't Have Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Uniquetani1(f): 6:12pm On Jun 16, 2018
Chi59:

AA does fall sick too, mostly due to malaria attacks. It's kinda normal in some people.

Mine is much
I am even sick now cry
This is the fourth time this year.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
Uniquetani1:

Mine is much
I am even sick now cry
This is the fourth time this year.
Sorry dear. I wish you quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Uniquetani1(f): 6:16pm On Jun 16, 2018
Chi59:

Sorry dear. I wish you quick recovery.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Oma04: 6:38pm On Jun 16, 2018
Dear poster, even though a lot of people shy away from sickle cells patients, a lot of us still GET HAPPILY MARRIED. I am a sickle cell patient married with a daughter and expecting my second baby soonest. In my case, i told my husband even before we started dating and he was and still is very supportive but is literally very scared whenever crisis strikes {which is usually once in a while as we both make sure i take very good care of myself}, even though he kept it a secret away from his family because his parents have always told them {when they were much younger} not to even think about it. Now being a parent myself i perfectly understand their fears and where they were coming from. So back to your question, if reversed was the case i would ABSOLUTELY MARRY AN SS PATIENT as long as we love each other and the significant other is AA.

11 Likes

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 16, 2018
Chi59:
How many SS people do you know that has died so far?
I rushed to the hospital as fast as I could .. Met her dad pacing up and down the hallway .. The mum was struggling with some nurses as she was dragged out of the ICU .. To cut the story short, she fought really hard to clinge unto life .. Unfortunately that was the last crises she would ever have as she lost her life after 9 hours .. Her death dealt a blow on us, to think she was the only child made the situation very painful and hard to accept .. Her house was like a second home to mine and we missed her oh so dearly .. It's a pity death took her when she was only 13 ..
Now Chi59 if someone wants to date a sickler then let them do so cause I've once seen a married sickle cell man who had a perfect family and a home to call his own .. All the best things come in two's so Chi59 I know someday you'll find the perfect man and he'll be all you've ever dreamt of .. All the best in your endeavours and have a great life .

2 Likes

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 16, 2018
Oma04:
Dear poster, even though a lot of people shy away from sickle cells patients, a lot of us still GET HAPPILY MARRIED. I am a sickle cell patient married with a daughter and expecting my second baby soonest. In my case, i told my husband even before we started dating and he was and still is very supportive but is literally very scared whenever crisis strikes {which is usually once in a while as we both make sure i take very good care of myself}, even though he kept it a secret away from his family because his parents have always told them {when they were much younger} not to even think about it. Now being a parent myself i perfectly understand their fears and where they were coming from. So back to your question, if reversed was the case i would ABSOLUTELY MARRY AN SS PATIENT as long as we love each other and the significant other is AA.

Beautiful love story there. I don't hide my status. I'm not ashamed of it. And I believe when he comes, he won't run away because of a doctor's report. I wish you everything good.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 16, 2018
I rushed to the hospital as fast as I could .. Met her dad pacing up and down the hallway .. The mum was struggling with some nurses as she was dragged out of the ICU .. To cut the story short, she fought really hard to clinge unto life .. Unfortunately that was the last crises she would ever have as she lost her life after 9 hours .. Her death dealt a blow on us, to think she was the only child made the situation very painful and hard to accept .. Her house was like a second home to mine and we missed her oh so dearly .. It's a pity death took her when she was only 13 ..
Now Chi59 if someone wants to date a sickler then let them do so cause I've once seen a married sickle cell man who had a perfect family and a home to call his own .. All the best things come in two's so Chi59 I know someday you'll find the perfect man and he'll be all you've ever dreamt of .. All the best in your endeavours and have a great life .
So sad. But then, such is life.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by oluwatodimu1(m): 11:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
Uniquetani1:

This is me
I have done blood test four times to confirm if I am really AA.
I am even tired of myself. I always fall sick. And wonder y
@tyms it cld vary frm diet related issues to hereditary stuffs. more often than not cld b malaria &typhoid as tests wld reveal but dearie its more of the aforementioned factors than the latter...
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 16, 2018
Chi59:

Beautiful love story there. I don't hide my status. I'm not ashamed of it. And I believe when he comes, he won't run away because of a doctor's report. I wish you everything good.

You are highly confident in yourself.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by agrovick(m): 12:02am On Jun 17, 2018
Chi59:

Sickle cell crisis? Minor crisis, once a week or two weeks, major, once in a few months.
Depends on some factors sha. Stress, diet etc

Always play safe then, it's a good thing you are quite knowledgeable about the condition. SS got nothing on you
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 17, 2018
Funnicator:

You are highly confident in yourself.
Thanks. There's a point where one reaches in life where fear disappears. I don't fear death, nor pain, nor rejection, nor heartbreak. Courage is not an option.

1 Like

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 17, 2018
agrovick:

Always play safe then, it's a good thing you are quite knowledgeable about the condition. SS got nothing on you
Thanks
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 12:29am On Jun 17, 2018
Chi59:

Thanks. There's a point where one reaches in life where fear disappears. I don't fear death, nor pain, nor rejection, nor heartbreak. Courage is not an option.

Your way with words though.

If you may, largas56@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Dami12345: 5:48am On Jun 17, 2018
Chi59:
As the world sickle cell day approaches in three days time, I think about sickle cell and the impacts on various aspects of my life, especially my love life.

I haven't actually been in a relationship yet. And while I want to think that it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a sickler, I've noticed a certain trend in the guys I've come to like.

The initial promises, the show of affection, the hesitation, lies and sudden disappearance seems to be a vicious cycle.

So I want to ask, why is that so?
Would you date a sickler if you could?
Why wouldn't you want to date a sickler?

Cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove

Yes as long as she doesn't tell me until I ask.

1 Like

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Dionnetech: 7:53am On Jun 17, 2018
maybe
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 17, 2018
Dami12345:

Yes as long as she doesn't tell me until I ask.
Strange though. What's wrong with knowing before you ask?
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Dami12345: 12:17pm On Jun 17, 2018
Chi59:

Strange though. What's wrong with knowing before you ask?

I won't like to know a girl like this. I'll just start to avoid.
When I love, I love hard, I can do anything so its hard to love someone and see her suffering, I'll probably just make it my life work to heal her.

1 Like

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 17, 2018
Dami12345:

I won't like to know a girl like this. I'll just start to avoid.
When I love, I love hard, I can do anything so its hard to love someone and see her suffering, I'll probably just make it my life work to heal her.
But then, knowing before or after changes nothing if the feeling is there.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Uniquetani1(f): 12:52pm On Jun 17, 2018
oluwatodimu1:

@tyms it cld vary frm diet related issues to hereditary stuffs. more often than not cld b malaria &typhoid as tests wld reveal but dearie its more of the aforementioned factors than the latter...

Yes it is mostly typhoid
I am even suffering from it now. I always think that AA is the strongest of all genotype
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by smadav(m): 3:07pm On Jun 17, 2018
no I will not, because of the problems associated with it trust me its scary, I can't handle it.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Dami12345: 6:20pm On Jun 17, 2018
Chi59:

But then, knowing before or after changes nothing if the feeling is there.

If I know before, I'll detach myself with time.
Eventually it will fade.

If I don't know I'll won't leave when I do find out.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by ikare(m): 6:38pm On Jun 17, 2018
Oma04:
I just luv ds write up. I'm happily married to one too n we just had our second child, both absolutely healthy sons. I knew she was SS from day one, but that never bothered me 'cos I am AA. We met thru a friend n it wasn't long b4 we realized we were made 4 each other. Although she's had crises, but nothing we couldn't overcome. She's very special. SS people r stronger than u think. They r warriors. Just luv them d best u can n watch them grow stronger.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by prettysassygirl(f): 8:01pm On Jun 17, 2018
ikare:
I just luv ds write up. I'm happily married to one too n we just had our second child, both absolutely healthy sons. I knew she was SS from day one, but that never bothered me 'cos I am AA. We met thru a friend n it wasn't long b4 we realized we were made 4 each other. Although she's had crises, but nothing we couldn't overcome. She's very special. SS people r stronger than u think. They r warriors. Just luv them d best u can n watch them grow stronger.
So very romantic grin

5 Likes

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 17, 2018
ikare:
Beautiful. You are right. We are warriors and love is very vital. It has a way of protecting, healing and nourishing someone.

1 Like

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 17, 2018
Chi59:

Beautiful. You are right. We are warriors and love is very vital. It has a way of protecting, healing and nourishing someone.
You said it all, "Love is vital" .

My bestie is SS. Oh, how i love that gal. she is my partner in crime, My sister from another mother.

I dont allow her wallow in her health issues, I let her know nobody is better than her. Whenever i see any SS inspirational story, i tag her to come and read herself.

Unfortunately i am not a man, if not, i for wife her.

And you sister.., You are beautiful. you are a warrior like you said. *e-hug*

3 Likes

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 17, 2018
desiregold:
You said it all, "Love is vital" .

My bestie is SS. Oh, how i love that gal. she is my partner in crime, My sister from another mother.

I dont allow her wallow in her health issues, I let her know nobody is better than her. Whenever i see any SS inspirational story, i tag her to come and read herself.

Unfortunately i am not a man, if not, i for wife her.

And you sister.., You are beautiful. you are a warrior like you said. *e-hug*
Aww. Thanks dear.
I wish I found a friend like yourself.
Love is key. Thanks once again
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Alhajiemeritus: 9:23pm On Jun 17, 2018
Uniquetani1:

Mine is much I am even sick now cry This is the fourth time this year.
Watch what you eat. And stay away from anything alcoholic totally Use more ginger and garlic in your food.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Uniquetani1(f): 9:30pm On Jun 17, 2018
Alhajiemeritus:
Watch what you eat.
And stay away from anything alcoholic totally
Use more ginger and garlic in your food.

Thank you
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 17, 2018
Chi59:

Aww. Thanks dear.
I wish I found a friend like yourself.
Love is key. Thanks once again
babe u try, i can't even put my pic, u are courageous, we share same fate, but am a man not marry though.

1 Like

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 18, 2018
dancok:
babe u try, i can't even put my pic, u are courageous, we share same fate, but am a man not marry though.
Aww. Thanks
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by milemimi93(m): 12:38am On Jun 18, 2018
Chi59:
As the world sickle cell day approaches in three days time, I think about sickle cell and the impacts on various aspects of my life, especially my love life.

I haven't actually been in a relationship yet. And while I want to think that it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a sickler, I've noticed a certain trend in the guys I've come to like.

The initial promises, the show of affection, the hesitation, lies and sudden disappearance seems to be a vicious cycle.

So I want to ask, why is that so?
Would you date a sickler if you could?
Why wouldn't you want to date a sickler?

Cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove

I can't even marry a woman mostly naija girls not to talk of a sickler.

Y'all women are disgusting and useless.

Leech is a synonymous name for women.

I'd rather marry a HIV white girl than marry a AA naija girl that's if I should marry wish I won't.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 12:41am On Jun 18, 2018
milemimi93:

I can't even marry a woman mostly naija girls not to talk of a sickler.

Y'all women are disgusting and useless.

Leech is a synonymous name for women.

I'd rather marry a HIV white girl than marry a AA naija girl that's if I should marry wish I won't.
Carry your stupidity elsewhere

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Where Can I Hook Up With Ladies In Ilorin / What Makes A Nigerian Man Fall Inlove And Marry Asian Woman?: Pls Help! / Guys, Have u done a group sex with any girl before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.