Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (586445 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nellso: 7:03am On Oct 17, 2018
Wow!!!! Congrats man. Wahali, I need a brother here. It is not advisable to book the train online because due to clearing immigration and baggage claim, you could spend some time and probably miss your train. Best bet is to but the ticket when you have arrived. Its not a problem doing so. I have not finished my enrolment o. I have not started yet sef. But I hope to do that monday next week. Had some unprecedented money problems. But I still attend classes without enrolling. Let's whatsapp instead. I dont know which one would go through, but try +2348151219632 or send me a PM so I can give you my German number if this one doesn't go through.
phodio:

Bro, I have got my AM. Hopefully, I would be flying next week Friday.

My question:
1) Did you book the train to Freiburg online or when you got to Frankfurt.
2) Are you through with your enrollment. How many days did it take?
3) Can I pm you so that we can connect properly? Lol

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nellso: 7:04am On Oct 17, 2018
Nice!!!! Bless God. Safe travels man.
micah1865:

As soon as i get my passport which has departed the embassy already. Ich reise bald. smiley

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by phodio: 7:05am On Oct 17, 2018
coollyseas:

Please who did you mail, is it the embassy or the alien office?
Both. Mailed the alien office last week Friday and I've not got anything from them. But mailed the embassy on Monday. So, I guess the embassy first and if they say the alien office has not responded, then contact the alien office.

All the best
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by phodio: 7:22am On Oct 17, 2018
Yves18:
Please which State and school are you heading to?

Uni Freiburg in the state of Baden Württemberg
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by diego2015(m): 8:33am On Oct 17, 2018
honourableseyi:

Send a mail to your school attaching the embassy request to it. Moreover, send the extension your school has given to you to the embassy with any document that can show that you have enrolled online. Just check and check. Shalom
please honourable I need your advice on what next to do, I have sent confirmation of online enrollment I did to the embassy and also enrollment extension that I got to them through e-mail but I haven't hear anything again from them. And my school has already said that they can't extend it any further than 31st Oct 2018. I also attached the request for it to my school but they replied that I can only be properly enrolled when I arrive the school
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Gentlelinx: 8:40am On Oct 17, 2018
Please what's the cost of applying through uni-assist?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Fabcol(m): 9:12am On Oct 17, 2018
75euro for the first school and 30 euro for others if u applying to more than one school

Bah u know this is on there website

Gentlelinx:
Please what's the cost of applying through uni-assist?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by hope12345: 9:16am On Oct 17, 2018
Good Morning House. i am going through some unusual situations with my student visa application, Kindly help me with best advice if you know better. most especially those who are in the same train with me.

I will start with the day I did my appointment which is on 14th Sept 2018. everything went successfully. My School university (BTU Cottbus) have a general enrollment deadline for every international student which is 30th Oct 2018. on 4th Oct 2018 i got my AM. I was told to send my passport, insurance and Letter of confirmation that the enrollment have been extended. I have send my passport , Travl insurance and a copy of the winter semester timetable where is stated that all international student have there final enrollment deadline as 30th Oct 2018 through dhl to the embassy in Lagos.
On 10th Oct 2018 i got an other mail from the embassy that i should forward or bring a confirmation that the enrollment have been extended.

I call the international officer one Mrs Angela. she told me that the university don't issue letter of enrollment extension. But she stated that the date on semester timetable 30th oct 2018, is ok for them to know that i can meetup the deadline if my visa is issued. she was very confident that i will meet up with the deadline if visa is issued soon, she even advice if i can buy a flight ticket before the deadline and forward it to them. so that the embassy will be sure that i will be there before the enrollment deadline of 30th October 2018.

I have bought a flight ticket of 24th October and have forward it to the embassy by email. im still waiting to hear from them week is going nothing news from the embassy.

please i want to know if anyone currently is facing with this kind of issue before.

and what can be the possible outcome of this as i keep praying and waiting for there response.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by diego2015(m): 9:30am On Oct 17, 2018
Finally my AM dropped this morning
Interview date 20/10/2018
Funded on 15/10/18
God will do it for other that are still waiting.
Please has anybody successfully used Tk travel health insurance in getting his visa?

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mariaattah: 9:31am On Oct 17, 2018
johndoefoo:

I found it.

https://www.nairaland.com/676173/german-embassy-visa/352

Amen brother.....your shared has put smile on my face today again.... May God bless your effort....

https://www.nairaland.com/lacuna/posts
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Jackto365: 9:37am On Oct 17, 2018
Moin! Is there anyone out there who undergo the interview on 13th September and has not recieve the AM?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 17, 2018
diego2015:
Finally my AM dropped this morning
Interview date 20/10/2018
Funded on 15/10/18
God will do it for other that are still waiting.
Please has anybody successfully used Tk travel health insurance in getting his visa?

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by micah1865: 9:48am On Oct 17, 2018
hope12345:

I have bought a flight ticket of 24th October and have forward it to the embassy by email. im still waiting to hear from them week is going nothing news from the embassy.

please i want to know if anyone currently is facing with this kind of issue before.

and what can be the possible outcome of this as i keep praying and waiting for there response.

Print out and submit the mail between you and your cordinator or whoever in your school that stated you can register later than the initial date to the embassy. Worked for me.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by coollyseas(m): 9:52am On Oct 17, 2018
phodio:

Both. Mailed the alien office last week Friday and I've not got anything from them. But mailed the embassy on Monday. So, I guess the embassy first and if they say the alien office has not responded, then contact the alien office.

All the best

Thanks brother, I have mailed both of them last night and hoping for a positive outcome soon.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dayodawodu(m): 10:01am On Oct 17, 2018
dayodawodu:

Thank God AM dropped this morning. Interview on 20th of September.
please kindly give me any genuine insurance i can use and how much. i would like to go to the Embassy this afternoon.

Also pls enlighten me what this means ; " your departure should not be scheduled any sooner than at least 10 days after the posting of your envelope"

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dayodawodu(m): 10:02am On Oct 17, 2018
please kindly give me any genuine insurance i can use and how much. i would like to go to the Embassy this afternoon.

Also pls enlighten me what this means ; " your departure should not be scheduled any sooner than at least 10 days after the posting of your envelope"

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Gauss15(m): 10:03am On Oct 17, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4792693/mechanical-engineering-computer-science#72161422

I need you guys' inputs here, please....

Help a nairalander make a decision.

Here's not a place for this but I'm posting it here because you all are aligned to education.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Gentlelinx: 10:10am On Oct 17, 2018
Pls whats AM? Am new here[quote author=Jay918 post=72153512][/quote]
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mariaattah: 10:12am On Oct 17, 2018
Jackto365:
Moin! Is there anyone out there who undergo the interview on 13th September and has not recieve the AM?

I'm right here highly tensed....
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Jackto365: 10:24am On Oct 17, 2018
mariaattah:

Did u apply with a Sponsorship letter(Verpflichtungserklarung)
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 10:28am On Oct 17, 2018
Nellso:
With what I have seen in my 2days here, they understand english and they can speak it too. They would gesticulate a lot, but at the end if you listen properly, you will get what they are trying to say. Good luck
Depends greatly on your location.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by hope12345: 10:42am On Oct 17, 2018
micah1865:

Print out and submit the mail between you and your cordinator or whoever in your school that stated you can register later than the initial date to the embassy. Worked for me.

Thanks for your response. But my school last enrollment deadline is 30th October 2018. And they are not going to extend any longer. My coordinator told me to attach the winter timetable where its show all international student have up to 30th October as deadline to enroll. Which I have done. I dont know what is going on with then in the embassy. Why they dont want to respond to me. After sending all those documents.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mariaattah: 1:17pm On Oct 17, 2018
Jackto365:
Did u apply with a Sponsorship letter(Verpflichtungserklarung)
Ba
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by applechekers: 1:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by diego2015(m): 1:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
hope12345:

Thanks for your response. But my school last enrollment deadline is 30th October 2018. And they are not going to extend any longer. My coordinator told me to attach the winter timetable where its show all international student have up to 30th October as deadline to enroll. Which I have done. I dont know what is going on with then in the embassy. Why they dont want to respond to me. After sending all those documents.
bro please mail the embassy telling them that you have done all they asked you to do and you want an update on your visa application. Advisable to mail them early in the morning. All the mail I sent to them outside that time wasn't replied but noticed they always reply the ones I sent early ours
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by UbiPetrus: 2:27pm On Oct 17, 2018
mariaattah:

Though it may tarry, it will surely come. This is the fifth week. Keep hopes alive, dear sister.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Yeside20: 3:40pm On Oct 17, 2018
Congrats darling. Please be safe
Nellso:
Good people. Long post coming through!!!!!!!!

First of all, I give all Glory to God. I started this journey with Him and He never left me at any point in time. Let us always appreciate our gurus in Germany who always take out time to come here and pitch in one or two advise. Trust me, its far from easy. I have been here 2 days now, and I don tire for waka! Haven't gotten my semester ticket, so I dey trek more than 8kms in total everyday. on the plus side, I will use it as exercise.

Here is my travel story......
Abuja airport people wanted to act film by asking me for yellow card (something I have never heard of until Saturday evening ahead of my sunday flight). I just confidently told the guy Germany doesn't require yellow card. He looked at me with one kind eye and all of a sudden 500naira jumped out of my pocket and into his hands.
Left Abuja airport sunday 1:25pm flight Ethiopian airlines (my first flight experience and it was as smooth as it can ever be. Although take-off fit give person HBP. I even saw an air hostess praying seriously during take-off. So I wondered, if she's used to it and yet still panics during take-off, me nko? Lol. All in all, it was smooth. You haven't flown until you've flown in a Boeing 787 dreamliner and Airbus A350-900.
Landed in Addis-Ababa, 2hrs55mins layover, then boarded to Frankfurt. Landed in Frankfurt 3:30am (Nigerian time), 5:30am Local time. I stayed at the airport for more than 5 hours waiting for a friend who flew Emirates, not knowing he had landed and left the airport. Boarded a train directly from the airport to Freiburg for 69euros (I didn't budget for that o!). Smooth speed train. It was a 3hr ride to Freiburg. Arrived and couldn't find my hostel and getting directions was difficult as it seems like MOST Germans are always on the move. Difficult to stop someone and ask for directions. It would seem like you're costing him money. So if I want to ask for directions, I go into a store or shop, meet the receptionist, and they will gladly and joyfully direct you. Germans are nice, courteous and ready to help. You could spit on someone and the person would still apologise to you! (Pls don't do that).
I got lost so so so many times, until I remembered someone posted DB navigator here sometime. So to the glory of God, getting lost has ended.

My people, learn German before coming o!!! You dont have to be a pro, but learn the basics. Salutations, gratitude. It would help you right from the airport. I am still struggling with the necessary registrations and unblocking but so far so good. It isn't very cold yet, but for someone who has been in Nigeria all his life, it is cold!!!!!!
All in all, it is a great place to live and study. Clean environment. Imagine downloading at 10mb per second?? Cool yeh?
Lastly, face your studies people. We all know how hard it was to get to where we are, so let's not throw all that away for some reason.

Goodluck to people awaiting AM and also to all summer applicants.
Tchuss!!!!!
Freiburg, Baden-Wurttemberg

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Lakeside2134: 4:11pm On Oct 17, 2018
hope12345:
Good Morning House. i am going through some unusual situations with my student visa application, Kindly help me with best advice if you know better. most especially those who are in the same train with me.

I will start with the day I did my appointment which is on 14th Sept 2018. everything went successfully. My School university (BTU Cottbus) have a general enrollment deadline for every international student which is 30th Oct 2018. on 4th Oct 2018 i got my AM. I was told to send my passport, insurance and Letter of confirmation that the enrollment have been extended. I have send my passport , Travl insurance and a copy of the winter semester timetable where is stated that all international student have there final enrollment deadline as 30th Oct 2018 through dhl to the embassy in Lagos.
On 10th Oct 2018 i got an other mail from the embassy that i should forward or bring a confirmation that the enrollment have been extended.

I call the international officer one Mrs Angela. she told me that the university don't issue letter of enrollment extension. But she stated that the date on semester timetable 30th oct 2018, is ok for them to know that i can meetup the deadline if my visa is issued. she was very confident that i will meet up with the deadline if visa is issued soon, she even advice if i can buy a flight ticket before the deadline and forward it to them. so that the embassy will be sure that i will be there before the enrollment deadline of 30th October 2018.

Bros or girl I've told you what to do,send an email of your admission letter to the info@diplo email and the email that sent your am.Tell that your Enrollment extension is referenced at the back of your admission letter CEST FINI,One of my friends going to cottbus did interview same day as you got am after you (they asked him for the confirmation too and he did as i wrote up there) and he got passport today.If you need further clarification call me I've given you my number please don't complicate things for yourself.I know you're anxious but calm down send them the email of confirmation first then if you haven't and send them your flight ticket and write a plea that you want to get your visa before that date go

Once you send them an email and they don't respond it most likely means that everything is okay.I

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Lakeside2134: 4:13pm On Oct 17, 2018
diego2015:
bro please mail the embassy telling them that you have done all they asked you to do and you want an update on your visa application. Advisable to mail them early in the morning. All the mail I sent to them outside that time wasn't replied but noticed they always reply the ones I sent early ours

They don't reply.They asked me for the same thing i sent them a mail and everything went through
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Lakeside2134: 4:18pm On Oct 17, 2018
dayodawodu:

AXA mansard
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Youngbbt: 4:39pm On Oct 17, 2018
please is it possible to gain admission with just waec certificate in any university in Europe ......

any info

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (526)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74