Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,897 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884427 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by dandawi: 9:24pm On Aug 08, 2014
Good people in the house, Please I would like to know if I need travel insurance and statement of account for a transit visa application. I would also like to know what the application fee is. The German embassy website is silent about these things.
I would like anyone that's applied for a transit visa to put me through.
Thanks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ohimai83: 9:47pm On Aug 08, 2014
DANNIEmore:

Nope don't be worried. You could check up your portal first to know your status and/or call them there directly. They are always friendly enough to tell you whatsup about your admission. And as you can see, I'm not yet there! By the way,what course are you going for and whens the resumption date precisely? Stay Blessed!
Hi my good man. I have received my admission letter from Haw Hamburg. Thank you so much for your comforting words. I have a small problem though.
1) How did you get your Proof of German health insurance company?

2) Did you send them copies of your Certificate and Transcripts again. I submitted them when applying do I need to submit them again?

I would really appreciate your help because my enrollment deadline is in 2 weeks. thank you.

P.S. congrats on your visa acquisition. we go wash am o! see you in Germany IJN.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by lacuna(m): 12:13am On Aug 09, 2014
reecky: what really was the reason for your initial rejection after u went for the interview @lacuna. What reason did they give u. Could u please tell us?

well, like i said i will make out time to share my personal experience here,i know it will go a long way in encouraging others. I had my first interview on June 20,2014. The old woman conducted my interview and it just wasnt funny at all. All my life,as in,in my entire life,i have never met a woman so unfriendly. The interview lasted for about fifteen minutes and the moment i walked out of her office,i knew it was going to be negative obviously because, i performed very poorly at the interview. I just didn't prepare,my job took all my time as i had so much tobdo within that period plus, i was too confident owing to the fact that i cannot say i have flopped at any interview.

July 7,i got a mail requesting i come to the consulate. At the reception,the black chubby woman who eventually became friendly on my interview day after her initial gragra asked why i didnt come with an insurance policy,i told her i wasnt requested to besides,my sponsorship letter came with a German Insurance Policy. She said she was worried for me,that it wasnt going to be a good one.

In less than twenty minutes after,the old woman showed up,i was called and my original documents were handed over to me accompanied by a rejection letter which she insisted i sign. Somehow somehow, i didnt feel too bad for reasons i still cant explain. when i checked the rejection letter,the reason stated was 'doubts as to my serious intention to study in Germany'. . . .

To be continued

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 4:11am On Aug 09, 2014
ohimai83:
Hi my good man. I have received my admission letter from Haw Hamburg. Thank you so much for your comforting words. I have a small problem though.
1) How did you get your Proof of German health insurance company?

2) Did you send them copies of your Certificate and Transcripts again. I submitted them when applying do I need to submit them again?

I would really appreciate your help because my enrollment deadline is in 2 weeks. thank you.

P.S. congrats on your visa acquisition. we go wash am o! see you in Germany IJN.

wow, wow, wow, I told u na..many congrats bro...
1. I used Bermer Gek as my insurance though there are many of them to be used like AOK, etc so, you can search via the net to get a contact or you could PM me and I give you email of my insurer directly from the company I used (If you need, 77Euros Monthly and would be ready in just 2 days after sending them the documents they ask for)

2. Yes I sent my transcripts again. In-short, its almost everything again I resent and im sure they gave you a deadline to do this ryt? Also, they want you to sign acceptance letter and send to them too shebi? Ask them if you can send via email so you just scan and email them cos that was what I did though sent via mail but it didn't get there on time and when it was about just a day to go and I noticed they haven't received my documents, then I decided to scan to them which they accepted very perfectly. (You should ask for your dept though).

Thanks for the wish but I never get visa yet o, I still dey the process ni.

Questn: Did they ask you for your semester contribution payment (308.5Euros) at a deadline shortly? (After payment, they would send you your sch ID, semester ticket and some other documents too. Via email and also post(if you ask them for this) 'except different for your dept tho'

Stay blessed and at least I don get partner for Hamburg nw... grin

And have you opened your blocked account yet?

Many congrats again bro!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 8:25am On Aug 09, 2014
I dint get any mail from d embassy yestday o, I'm getting scared!!!!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by edufabulous(m): 8:42am On Aug 09, 2014
lacuna:
well, like i said i will make out time to share my personal experience here,i know it will go a long way in encouraging others. I had my first interview on June 20,2014. The old woman conducted my interview and it just wasnt funny at all. All my life,as in,in my entire life,i have never met a woman so unfriendly. The interview lasted for about fifteen minutes and the moment i walked out of her office,i knew it was going to be negative obviously because, i performed very poorly at the interview. I just didn't prepare,my job took all my time as i had so much tobdo within that period plus, i was too confident owing to the fact that i cannot say i have flopped at any interview.
July 7,i got a mail requesting i come to the consulate. At the reception,the black chubby woman who eventually became friendly on my interview day after her initial gragra asked why i didnt come with an
insurance policy,i told her i wasnt requested to besides,my sponsorship letter came with a German Insurance Policy. She said she was worried for me,that it wasnt going to be a good one.
In less than twenty minutes after,the old woman showed up,i was called and my original documents were handed over to me accompanied by a rejection letter which she insisted i sign. Somehow somehow, i didnt feel too bad for reasons i still cant explain. when i checked the rejection letter,the reason stated was 'doubts as to my serious intention to study in Germany'. . . .
To be continued
please sir, did you use sponsorship letter for your visa application and how was the second interview? tanx
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 9:09am On Aug 09, 2014
nevilbot: I dint get any mail from d embassy yestday o, I'm getting scared!!!!

Was your passport stamped? No need to get scared bro, be caurageous and pray at this time...

Cheers!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by reecky(m): 9:56am On Aug 09, 2014
nevilbot: I dint get any mail from d embassy yestday o, I'm getting scared!!!!
I dont think you would get an email now since you just did your interview. It would take like 2 weeks or more. I stand to be corrected tho...no need to worry, just believe in God to do it for you
Re: German Embassy And Visa by reecky(m): 10:16am On Aug 09, 2014
lacuna:

July 7,i got a mail requesting i come to the consulate. At the reception,the black chubby woman who eventually became friendly on my interview day after her initial gragra asked why i didnt come with an insurance policy,i told her i wasnt requested to besides,my sponsorship letter came with a German Insurance Policy. She said she was worried for me,that it wasnt going to be a good one.

To be continued

Actually, i have read about people whose interview didnt go too well but still got what they wanted. Was your initial interview that bad? and how did you go about the second?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by lacuna(m): 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2014
edufabulous:
please sir, did you use sponsorship letter for your visa application and how was the second interview? tanx

As i approached the exit and in observing security protocols,i was requested to sign out. At that point,the two guys who were attending to me started asking for tips. With my rejection letter and the thought of what to do,i was so upset that i almost screemed at them.I told them bluntly my visa application was not approved and therefore i wasn't ready to part with a dime. At that point one of them sympathized with me and stepped away. The other guy,I had become acquinted with on the day of my interview when I noticed we were from the same state,took special interest in my plight and wanted to know why i was denied. I told him i couldn't say exactly why but it may not be unconnected with my performance at the interview. I signed out,collected my items and was about exiting when he said to me in our dialect" Appeal. Appeal that decision, i am sure they will give you the visa".I thanked him and left. As i stepped out into the real world,hmmmm,reality hit me. I thought about all my plans and ambition to study in Germany and the set back i just encountered with my visa application refusal,the implication of what had just happened. Suddenly,a guy walked up to me,he was also rejected. We got talking and he advised that i appeal as he would also do. After we parted ways, i called my friend in Germany who gave me the sponsorship letter,he was already waiting for the outcome.I told him it was bad,i had been denied. The first thing he said was "guy, appeal that decision joor. I am a citizen of this country and i have a reputable job,no criminal records,my tax payments are up to date, my income far exceeds what the minimum financial requirements for the sponsorship letter is, so why should they deny your application".He said they just want to know how serious i am. I thanked him and hung up.

9.50 am or thereabout. . . .
I thought about going to the office but changed my mind. I was in a terrible frame of mind and everyone would notice so i headed home. Called my boss requesting his permission to be absent, he obliged and it was a bit of respite.

Took my laptop,went into my mental archives,in the end i came out with a strong,profound and agreeable appeal. For the first time in a long time,i agreed with my own piece. Satisfied,i sent it to the consulate.In less than an hour,i got a reply from them stating that my application could not be honoured because it was not signed and all appeal letters are to be in PDF. I quickly made the necessary adjustments,scanned, converted from word to PDF and sent. Again, In less than an hour,i got a response. Two things excited me about the response; its promptness and the fact that the appeal was accepted.

The undersigned( i will talk about her in my subsequent updates) said my appeal had been considered and therefore she was willing to offer me another opportunity to clarify all doubts concerning my plan to study in Germany. She gave me two dates, july 14 or 21 at 10am and requested that i choose any of those dates. I responded by opting for the first date but requested to be interviewed by 7am. This was to allow me time to quickly dash to work after the interview. After about twenty minutes,she mailed back saying, it had to be 10am and then advised that i choose 21st if 14th wasn't convenient. I was never willing to wait another week,i wanted another opportunity to clear whatever mess i had created during the first interview so i quickly confirmed the first date at 10am.

July 14,2014: my second Interview. . . To be continued. . .

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 12:51pm On Aug 09, 2014
lacuna:

As i approached the exit and in observing security protocols,i was requested to sign out. At that point,the two guys who were attending to me started asking for tips. With my rejection letter and the thought of what to do,i was so upset that i almost screemed at them.I told them bluntly my visa application was not approved and therefore i wasn't ready to part with a dime. At that point one of them sympathized with me and stepped away. The other guy,I had become acquinted with on the day of my interview when I noticed we were from the same state,took special interest in my plight and wanted to know why i was denied. I told him i couldn't say exactly why but it may not be unconnected with my performance at the interview. I signed out,collected my items and was about exiting when he said to me in our dialect" Appeal. Appeal that decision, i am sure they will give you the visa".I thanked him and left. As i stepped out into the real world,hmmmm,reality hit me. I thought about all my plans and ambition to study in Germany and the set back i just encountered with my visa application refusal,the implication of what had just happened. Suddenly,a guy walked up to me,he was also rejected. We got talking and he advised that i appeal as he would also do. After we parted ways, i called my friend in Germany who gave me the sponsorship letter,he was already waiting for the outcome.I told him it was bad,i had been denied. The first thing he said was "guy, appeal that decision joor. I am a citizen of this country and i have a reputable job,no criminal records,my tax payments are up to date, my income far exceeds what the minimum financial requirements for the sponsorship letter is, so why should they deny your application".He said they just want to know how serious i am. I thanked him and hung up.

I thought about going to the office but changed my mind. I was in a terrible frame of mind and everyone would notice so i headed home. Called my boss requesting his permission to be absent, he obliged and it was a bit of respite.

Took my laptop,went into my mental archives,in the end i came out with a strong,profound and agreeable appeal. For the first time in a long time,i agreed with my own piece. Satisfied,i sent it to the consulate.In less than an hour,i got a reply from them stating that my application could not be honoured because it was not signed and all appeal letters are to be in PDF. I quickly made the necessary adjustments,scanned, converted from word to PDF and sent. Again, In less than an hour,i got a response. Two things excited me about the response; its promptness and the fact that the appeal was accepted.

The undersigned( i will talk about her in my subsequent updates) said my appeal had been considered and therefore she was willing to offer me another opportunity to clarify all doubts concerning my plan to study in Germany. She gave me two dates, july 14 or 21 at 10am and requested that i choose any of those dates. I responded by opting for the first date but requested to be interviewed by 7am. This was to allow me time to quickly dash to work after the interview. After about twenty minutes,she mailed back saying, it had to be 10am and then advised that i choose 21st if 14th wasn't convenient. I was never willing to wait another week,i wanted another opportunity to clear whatever mess i had created during the first interview so i quickly confirmed the first date at 10am.

Wow! am really impressed by the detailed accounts of your experience.
keep it up bro, with your 'no-holds-barred' narration.
...Longingly waiting for the next episode.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by edufabulous(m): 1:18pm On Aug 09, 2014
lacuna:
wow!!! Tanx for the info, seriously waiting for the season 3 of this successful movie...lol
Re: German Embassy And Visa by femiiiiiiiiii: 2:49pm On Aug 09, 2014
Could the house please tell what the average waiting time (after the interview) is if one is using the Verpflichtungserklärung instead of the Block Account?

Thanx
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 6:29pm On Aug 09, 2014
...I wish all student visa aspirants a successful and favoured week ahead..

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by ohimai83: 9:25pm On Aug 09, 2014
DANNIEmore:

wow, wow, wow, I told u na..many congrats bro...
1. I used Bermer Gek as my insurance though there are many of them to be used like AOK, etc so, you can search via the net to get a contact or you could PM me and I give you email of my insurer directly from the company I used (uf you need, 77Euros Monthly and would be ready in just 2 days after sending them the documents they ask for)

2. Yes I sent my transcripts again. In-short, its almost everything again I resent and im sure they gave you a deadline to do this ryt? Also, they want you to sign acceptance letter and send to them too shebi? Ask them if you can send via email so you just scan and email them cos that was what I did though sent via mail but it didn't get there on time and when it was about just a day to go and I noticed they haven't received my documents, then I decided to scan to them which they accepted very perfectly. (You should ask for your dept though).

Thanks for the wish but I never get visa yet o, I still dey the process ni.

Questn: Did they ask you for your semester contribution payment (308.5Euros) at a deadline shortly? (After payment, they would send you your sch ID, semester ticket and some other documents too. Via email and also post(if you ask them for this) 'except different for your dept tho'

Stay blessed and at least I don get partner for Hamburg nw... grin

And have you opened your blocked account yet?

Many congrats again bro!

Thank you for the prompt response. Yes I was asked for the semester contribution, I guess we both received similar admission letters. As for the Insurance stuff, I will PM you now. I will go for account opening on Monday or Tuesday latest. My bad on the Visa thingy I pray it turns out to be a prophetic statement.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 10:09pm On Aug 09, 2014
ohimai83:
Thank you for the prompt response. Yes I was asked for the semester contribution, I guess we both received similar admission letters. As for the Insurance stuff, I will PM you now. I will go for account opening on Monday or Tuesday latest. My bad on the Visa thingy I pray it turns out to be a prophetic statement.

Lol.not same admission letter okay?trust its just the school's policy in general. What deadline did they give you for the sem contribution payment? And yes my brother,its already positive IJN,Amen! Same goes to you too. Stay blessed and feel free to ask me anything about HAW Hamburg anytime.xoxo

Happy weekend y'all...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ohimai83: 10:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
DANNIEmore:

Lol.not same admission letter okay?trust its just the school's policy in general. What deadline did they give you for the sem contribution payment? And yes my brother,its already positive IJN,Amen! Same goes to you too. Stay blessed and feel free to ask me anything about HAW Hamburg anytime.xoxo

Happy weekend y'all...
August 22 2014.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by graciousme(f): 11:07pm On Aug 09, 2014
Hello all, please i need information about the blocked accounts and how long it takes to open one as it seems that one can't apply for the student visa without the account opening confirmation.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 11:15pm On Aug 09, 2014
ohimai83:
August 22 2014.

Ok then. Thats good. With that payment,they would send you your sch id card,semester ticket and other documents and your admission become unconditional.congrats,apply for your acct opening in time and use slip for interview very quickly so all would be in the process same time. God bless you anytime sir!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 11:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
graciousme: Hello all, please i need information about the blocked accounts and how long it takes to open one as it seems that one can't apply for the student visa without the account opening confirmation.

Print the DB account opening form (2sets) from the DB website,fill it and go to the embassy with your normal colored passport photogaphs(enof of it incase), international passport (plus your admission letter if you've got one or dnt worry if you've nt gotten admission yet) on a Monday morning b4 9am, tell them your for blocked account openning(Pls,dont sign on it till your @ d front of the VO @ d embassy as she wd then ask u to do so). Meanwhile, you can apply for your visa interview with the account opening confirmation slip you get from the embassy same day you file in your application so,while your account openning is being processed in Germany,you would've been done with your interview and then,the embassy would ask you to send them your account status after your interview.sure by this time,you should have received your account info from the DB where you would credit your 8040E into.
Nevertheless,you should expect your account info say within 2 - 4 weeks after filing(hopefully).. I hope this helps and others could add/correct where necessary. Many thanks!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by graciousme(f): 11:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
Thanks for the info. Very helpful.

DANNIEmore:

Print the DB account opening form (2sets) from the DB website,fill it and go to the embassy with your normal colored passport photogaphs(enof of it incase), international passport (plus your admission letter if you've got one or dnt worry if you've nt gotten admission yet) on a Monday morning b4 9am, tell them your for blocked account openning(Pls,dont sign on it till your @ d front of the VO @ d embassy as she wd then ask u to do so). Meanwhile, you can apply for your visa interview with the account opening confirmation slip you get from the embassy same day you file in your application so,while your account openning is being processed in Germany,you would've been done with your interview and then,the embassy would ask you to send them your account status after your interview.sure by this time,you should have received your account info from the DB where you would credit your 8040E into.
Nevertheless,you should expect your account info say within 2 - 4 weeks after filing(hopefully).. I hope this helps and others could add/correct where necessary. Many thanks!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 12:14am On Aug 10, 2014
DANNIEmore:

No need for any coloured passport. Just two sets of the form, admission letter with two photocopies, and internationa passport with two photocopies.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by yapyap(m): 6:59am On Aug 10, 2014
Good dayhouse! Do we need to fill the permanent residence form brfore going for interview? Also can one use statement of degree result for the interview if the original is not available yet?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Teflon1: 7:47am On Aug 10, 2014
yapyap: Good dayhouse! Do we need to fill the permanent residence form brfore going for interview? Also can one use statement of degree result for the interview if the original is not available yet?

Of course, u have to sit down and carefully fill it, choosing your words & answers carefully. Be very careful when ticking the anti-terrorism part of it. This is not like the form used to open blocked a/c.

As per the Statement of Result in place of the Certificate, some guys in this thread have talked about it b4 & confirmed that it can be used. Just search for their conversation for more details.

& it is called 'Application for Residence permit' form or maybe 'Visa Application' form not 'Permanent Residence' form.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 7:54am On Aug 10, 2014
naijaobi:
No need for any coloured passport. Just two sets of the form, admission letter with two photocopies, and internationa passport with two photocopies.

Many thanks 9jaobi for the corrections. stay blessed!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by afosahid: 10:23am On Aug 10, 2014
Good Morning Good People
I recently applied for Schengen tourist visa for my wife and I through France and we were both denied. The reason was ' Your intention to leave member state before visa expiry could not be ascertained'. I was quite surprised because we submitted all necessary documents. Including introduction letters from our work places and clearly stating the dates of our leave and when we are resuming back at work.
However, i believe the decision for refusal was based on a mistake i made on the hotel bookings. I have written an appeal to this regard, see excerpt below:
However, I believe the decision for Visa refusal must have been based on discrepancies between departure dates on flight reservations and hotel bookings. Departure date from France on flight reservation is 18th of August 2014 while departure date from Hotel reservation is 20th of August 2014. This was a honest mistake on my part as initial travel date was between 10th-20th of August 2014 and this was the time hotel reservations were made. However, flights for these dates were quite expensive and we had to change travel dates to 10th-18th August 2014 at a better price. After flight reservations were confirmed, I forgot to change departure dates on hotel reservation and proceeded to submit Visa applications to the France Consulate-General through the VFS Visa application center.

I believe the French embassy could have easily contacted the applicant in a situation where there is a minor clarification to made on an application rather than blatantly refusing.

Also, while returning our passports, a wrong applicant name (a different surname entirely) was written on the visa refusal form that was returned to me, while the one returned to my wife had her name written correctly.
I have sent an email to the French consulate on Friday but i haven't gotten a response yet. I hope they respond by tomorrow. Depending on their response tomorrow, I will decide whether to continue with the appeal process or send a fresh application.

My major headache is that i have paid for my flight and its non-refundable so i have left the ticket open for now.

Guys, your advice will be deeply appreciated.

thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 10:51am On Aug 10, 2014
DANNIEmore:

Many thanks 9jaobi for the corrections. stay blessed!
remain blessed too bro

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by osurvey: 12:29pm On Aug 10, 2014
please guys, assuming during the interview i am asked who is my sponsor. Can i answer my parents or do i say either my father or mother?

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by phucado: 12:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
Is it possible to attend interviews without paying the 8040 euros? If yes, at the end will they request that you drop your passport or you will have to come back to drop your passport when you have paid the money? What are the chances of getting a visa when you atteneded interview without payment of money. Thanks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Teflon1: 1:46pm On Aug 10, 2014
osurvey: please guys, assuming during the interview i am asked who is my sponsor. Can i answer my parents or do i say either my father or mother?

Family sponsored. U do not hv to say any specific one...until when asked.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Teflon1: 1:59pm On Aug 10, 2014
phucado: Is it possible to attend interviews without paying the 8040 euros? If yes, at the end will they request that you drop your passport or you will have to come back to drop your passport when you have paid the money? What are the chances of getting a visa when you atteneded interview without payment of money. Thanks.

Yes u can attend the interview without d money in ur blocked a/c...infact dat is what many ppl in dis thread are doing, but visa will be issued only after u hv funded it.

They will not request dat u drop ur passport, u will go with it...although u hv to leave behind all ur original documents until u are invited for d visa. I do not think ur visa chances would be affected by lack of fund in a/c as long as u hv met all other requiements.

I advice u to read previous pages from dis thread if u r really interested in dis tin..u will benefit a lot & all these questions u r asking hv all been trashed!

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Negro1986(m): 6:36pm On Aug 10, 2014
Hello house good evening all, pls for those of that know Germany well pls ur views /opinions are needed, i want to choose schools between these cities to apply for my masters degree program but am also considering d opportunities of getting a job and which is a better city to live for an international student, HEILBRONN, AUGSBURG, WORMS and SOEST, thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.