Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,851 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (586416 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kushi7: 4:55pm On Oct 17, 2018
Finally!It's been God all the way.
Admission-july 23rd
Interview date- 6th sept
AM- Oct 4
9th october- Sent in block account confirmation ,passport and insurance
Delivered to the embassy on 10th of October
Visa received 17th Oct
Thanks to everyone that has contributed in one way or the other
May God grant each and everyone's heart desire.
Na God get power.peace!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenechill: 5:13pm On Oct 17, 2018
ayokunlemmy:
To those that have gotten their AM CONGRATS!

For us that are about applying for both summer and winter, Pls let start gathering our documents now

Anyone applying to TUM this winter lets connect Pls.

NOTE: for New babies! Dont be too shy to ask questions

WE CAN ALWAYS ACHIEVE OUR DREAMS THROUGH PROPER PLANNING

I'm applying for TUM this summer. How's urs going

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by femo86(m): 5:13pm On Oct 17, 2018
Anyone interviewed between 6th Sept to 20th Sept, and that used SL gotten his or her visa?

Seems nah BA be the 1st class applicants ooo grin grin while SL applicants be like economy class grin grin

May God quicken all processes

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenechill: 5:29pm On Oct 17, 2018
johndoefoo:

I found it.

https://www.nairaland.com/676173/german-embassy-visa/352

https://www.nairaland.com/lacuna/posts

Wow this thread is a mix of pain and happiness. I pray none of us goes through this stress. God bless lacuna and the rest of us all. Amen.
We must all go to this Germany. Na aha Jesus!

5 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenechill: 5:34pm On Oct 17, 2018
Nellso:
Good people. Long post coming through!!!!!!!!

First of all, I give all Glory to God. I started this journey with Him and He never left me at any point in time. Let us always appreciate our gurus in Germany who always take out time to come here and pitch in one or two advise. Trust me, its far from easy. I have been here 2 days now, and I don tire for waka! Haven't gotten my semester ticket, so I dey trek more than 8kms in total everyday. on the plus side, I will use it as exercise.

Here is my travel story......
Abuja airport people wanted to act film by asking me for yellow card (something I have never heard of until Saturday evening ahead of my sunday flight). I just confidently told the guy Germany doesn't require yellow card. He looked at me with one kind eye and all of a sudden 500naira jumped out of my pocket and into his hands.
Left Abuja airport sunday 1:25pm flight Ethiopian airlines (my first flight experience and it was as smooth as it can ever be. Although take-off fit give person HBP. I even saw an air hostess praying seriously during take-off. So I wondered, if she's used to it and yet still panics during take-off, me nko? Lol. All in all, it was smooth. You haven't flown until you've flown in a Boeing 787 dreamliner and Airbus A350-900.
Landed in Addis-Ababa, 2hrs55mins layover, then boarded to Frankfurt. Landed in Frankfurt 3:30am (Nigerian time), 5:30am Local time. I stayed at the airport for more than 5 hours waiting for a friend who flew Emirates, not knowing he had landed and left the airport. Boarded a train directly from the airport to Freiburg for 69euros (I didn't budget for that o!). Smooth speed train. It was a 3hr ride to Freiburg. Arrived and couldn't find my hostel and getting directions was difficult as it seems like MOST Germans are always on the move. Difficult to stop someone and ask for directions. It would seem like you're costing him money. So if I want to ask for directions, I go into a store or shop, meet the receptionist, and they will gladly and joyfully direct you. Germans are nice, courteous and ready to help. You could spit on someone and the person would still apologise to you! (Pls don't do that).
I got lost so so so many times, until I remembered someone posted DB navigator here sometime. So to the glory of God, getting lost has ended.

My people, learn German before coming o!!! You dont have to be a pro, but learn the basics. Salutations, gratitude. It would help you right from the airport. I am still struggling with the necessary registrations and unblocking but so far so good. It isn't very cold yet, but for someone who has been in Nigeria all his life, it is cold!!!!!!
All in all, it is a great place to live and study. Clean environment. Imagine downloading at 10mb per second?? Cool yeh?
Lastly, face your studies people. We all know how hard it was to get to where we are, so let's not throw all that away for some reason.

Goodluck to people awaiting AM and also to all summer applicants.
Tchuss!!!!!
Freiburg, Baden-Wurttemberg

Hahahahahahahahahaaa how did 500 naira jump out of your pocket? Laugh wan kill me.
Congrats o!!!
Please how did u package ur clothes and foods. How many kg too
And did they search u very well

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Jackto365: 5:42pm On Oct 17, 2018
femo86:
Anyone interviewed between 6th Sept to 20th Sept, and that used SL gotten his or her visa?

Seems nah BA be the 1st class applicants ooo grin grin while SL applicants be like economy class grin grin

May God quicken all processes
We're stuck on the same foot.I did mine on 13th September.I hope we get it soon
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by phodio: 5:47pm On Oct 17, 2018
dayodawodu:
Thank God AM dropped this morning. Interview on 20th of September.
please kindly give me any genuine insurance i can use and how much. i would like to go to the Embassy this afternoon.

Also pls enlighten me what this means ; " your departure should not be scheduled any sooner than at least 10 days after the posting of your envelope"

From the date you are dropping your passport and co, add 10 days to it.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by tokwest365: 7:09pm On Oct 17, 2018
hello please i want to know if addmission is still available for summer intake in germany someone told me i can still apply for summer admission.. how psible is this.

[quote author=Kenechill post=72174

I'm applying for TUM this summer. How's urs going [/quote]
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Pecky2222: 7:17pm On Oct 17, 2018
Pls oh...who else is applying for horticultural science in TUM...?? How did u do d curricular analysis? I'm so confused on dis ects conversion. And specific course grade conversion
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by haybellfire(m): 8:31pm On Oct 17, 2018
dayodawodu:
Thank God AM dropped this morning. Interview on 20th of September.
please kindly give me any genuine insurance i can use and how much. i would like to go to the Embassy this afternoon.

Also pls enlighten me what this means ; " your departure should not be scheduled any sooner than at least 10 days after the posting of your envelope"
Please ooo. Don't book flight until you get your passport back IF YOU KNOW YOU KNOW
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by danielsunky(m): 8:33pm On Oct 17, 2018
Hello guys, please how is life generally during and after studies in Germany? Also, what are the possibilities of working during and after studies. I'm about making a decision on moving to Germany. Advice would be appreciated.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenechill: 8:43pm On Oct 17, 2018
tokwest365:
hello please i want to know if addmission is still available for summer intake in germany someone told me i can still apply for summer admission.. how psible is this.

Yes u can apply. Many schools are still taking for summer.
Kaiserslauten, wuezburg, Munich, frankfurt. Etc
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenechill: 8:44pm On Oct 17, 2018
Pecky2222:
Pls oh...who else is applying for horticultural science in TUM...?? How did u do d curricular analysis? I'm so confused on dis ects conversion. And specific course grade conversion

I am. I didn't do the analysis. I left it. Have u done Uni assist though? Just send the important things they need and uniassist...
I've sent all my application with vpd sef
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Youngbbt: 8:58pm On Oct 17, 2018
Youngbbt:
please is it possible to gain admission with just waec certificate in any university in Europe ......

any info
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by femo86(m): 9:20pm On Oct 17, 2018
Jackto365:
We're stuck on the same foot.I did mine on 13th September.I hope we get it soon

I'm not in the same shoe bro..... Just concerned bout you guys cos I know the feelings...

Me dey here dey wait for my ogbono, ponmo and garri wink

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dolpaz: 9:36pm On Oct 17, 2018
Hi guys,

Quite a while here.

Congrats to everyone that has picked his visa and success to everyone that has made it to DE

wink smiley

PEACE

6 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dolpaz: 10:00pm On Oct 17, 2018
Jackto365:
Bro, i don't think you can appeal a rejected study visa. I was once a victim due to absence of proof of finance before a deadline given to me by d embassy.

Rejection/Denial is not delay/Defeat.

I have gone through the process and likewise many others on this platform and we scaled through by his grace.

A student visa can be appealed and decision overturned. I posted something on this page

https://www.nairaland.com/3052025/general-german-visa-enquiries-part/358

https://www.nairaland.com/3052025/general-german-visa-enquiries-part/382

It could inspire someone

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Pecky2222: 10:21pm On Oct 17, 2018
Kenechill:

I am. I didn't do the analysis. I left it. Have u done Uni assist though? Just send the important things they need and uniassist...
I've sent all my application with vpd sef
Did u have to pay d uniassist fees?? And wasn't d analysis listed as a cumpolsory document

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Jackto365: 10:48pm On Oct 17, 2018
femo86:

I'm not in the same shoe bro..... Just concerned bout you guys cos I know the feelings...

Me dey here dey wait for my ogbono, ponmo and garri wink
Lol... you're funny. which institution and state are u?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by kevwemanuel: 1:05am On Oct 18, 2018
TimationMARZ:
No problem bro. You can just PM me. I'll be glad to help.

pls I want to PM you with regard to the erasmus scholarship. Hope you don't mind?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by sykeng(m): 2:19am On Oct 18, 2018
ladies and gents, can a reference letter addressed to a particular school be used for another school? my prof refused to make it open " To who it may concern". please advice needed urgently.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dutch2018: 5:17am On Oct 18, 2018
dolpaz:

Rejection/Denial is not delay/Defeat.

I have gone through the process and likewise many others on this platform and we scaled through by his grace.

A student visa can be appealed and decision overturned. I posted something on this page

https://www.nairaland.com/3052025/general-german-visa-enquiries-part/358

https://www.nairaland.com/3052025/general-german-visa-enquiries-part/382

It could inspire someone

Thank you bros,
How the matter finally end?
I read the 2 parts of your story
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 7:08am On Oct 18, 2018
sykeng:
ladies and gents, can a reference letter addressed to a particular school be used for another school? my prof refused to make it open " To who it may concern". please advice needed urgently.
yes
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Twallace: 8:11am On Oct 18, 2018
Kenechill:

Wow this thread is a mix of pain and happiness. I pray none of us goes through this stress. God bless lacuna and the rest of us all. Amen.
We must all go to this Germany. Na aha Jesus!

No bro. This thread is actually a thread of happiness. At least 85% of people on this journey here ended with a success story. If you want to see pain, go to Canada student thread or USA student thread, you go weep.

Never give up

7 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kryptomeniac: 8:24am On Oct 18, 2018
Good day everyone. I need advice on my pending visa application. I went for interviewed on 17th August, AM came in on 13th of sept. My enrollment deadline was 11th oct. After my interview, I got disappointed by the person who's suppose to grant me SL. So ever since then I have been battling with a possible BA or SL to no avail. Few days before enrollment deadline I had to write my school. No room for enrollment extension, so I had to defer my admission till summer. Now I have a summer admission letter, and embassy is still having my documents expecting me to forward SL or BA for the winter. Here is my question: which will be more advisable between these two options
1) to secure the SL or BA, and forward it to embassy along with the summer admission letter and probably a travel insurance dated march 2019
Or
2) cancel my pending application with reasons, then apply afresh when all the requirements are available. And if I do this, I will like to know if there is specific time interval to reapply?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by sykeng(m): 8:27am On Oct 18, 2018
dailydolar:
yes
Thanks baba
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ayokunlemmy: 8:28am On Oct 18, 2018
[quote author=Kenechill post=72174981]
I'm applying for winter semester.

Danke
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by agofineboy: 9:00am On Oct 18, 2018
My people,

The journey has not been funny for me....

Had my interview 6th September with a funded block Account....

Untill now, I haven't received an AM.

Emailed both my allien office and Federal office, they said my application has been concluded, and that the embassy will get to me.

Have sents tons of email to the embassy yet no response.

Please what should I do
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by OJM1(f): 9:04am On Oct 18, 2018
agofineboy:
My people,

The journey has not been funny for me....

Had my interview 6th September with a funded block Account....

Untill now, I haven't received an AM.

Emailed both my allien office and Federal office, they said my application has been concluded, and that the embassy will get to me.

Have sents tons of email to the embassy yet no response.

Please what should I do

Am currently in the same situation

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (526)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.