Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (588408 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by beatmonster(m): 5:44am On Nov 16, 2018
Chriswazo:
If you have your cash to fund ur BA, u might wanna risk it now or risk funding with high inflation, that is if ATIKU wins and float the naira like he proposed today

Chaiii! I can't wait to just leave this country, am getting more tired each new day, hmmm!

I be don think about this thing. Even if he wins, he won't enter office till may 29.

I might be forced to fund BA before hand over.

These idiots have a way of messing up with ones destiny.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mbambah1: 6:15am On Nov 16, 2018
Hi Guys,
I just got admission with TU Freiberg and need clarification on these;
1. Before booking for interview appointment, must I fund the blocked account or just create the account first for the sake of booking appointment and fund later.
2. Is it mandatory/does the VO expect you to have Toefl or Ielts before visa application since I got my admission with proof of proficiency in English from my Alma mata
3. Is it mandatory to know or enroll for German language course before visa interview
4. From German embassy website, the don't seem to have openings for visa appointment... What's the best time to book for... My school enrollment Time is 1st March to 11th April 2019.
Thanks to the our gurus here as I anticipate a swift response

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by UbiPetrus: 6:41am On Nov 16, 2018
beatmonster:

I be don think about this thing. Even if he wins, he won't enter office till may 29.

June 12 o. Na the new democracy day be that.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 6:44am On Nov 16, 2018
mbambah1:
Hi Guys,
1. Before booking for interview appointment, must I fund the blocked account or just create the account first for the sake of booking appointment and fund later.
2. Is it mandatory/does the VO expect you to have Toefl or Ielts before visa application since I got my admission with proof of proficiency in English from my Alma mata
3. Is it mandatory to know or enroll for German language course before visa interview
4. From German embassy website, the don't seem to have openings for visa appointment... What's the best time to book for... My school enrollment Time is 1st March to 11th April 2019.

Congratulations.
1. You don't need to fund , first open the account.
2.no
3.it's not mandatory but heavily Essential..can't stress enough on it. You have enough time to get at least an A1.
4. Not sure of the procedure for summer. It's a different booking system from winter. Just marry the site. Have heard ppl say they have gotten dates in December all ready.
Best of luck

7 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by zuperyh8: 6:48am On Nov 16, 2018
Rosicky7:
Anybody that wants to pay uniassist fees can PM me, I can handle 3 applications for now. First come, first served basis

Hi, do you still assist with uniassist payment?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chriswazo(m): 7:04am On Nov 16, 2018
beatmonster:

You get the message, it played out in 2015, just few months into Buhari's tenure, foreign exchange badly went up.
Now Atiku has said yesterday he is going to float Naira not minding the risk of overblown inflation bearing in mind we are import dependent.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chriswazo(m): 7:07am On Nov 16, 2018
heybaby12:

Congratulations.
1. You don't need to fund , first open the account.
2.no
3.it's not mandatory but heavily Essential..can't stress enough on it. You have enough time to get at least an A1.
4. Not sure of the procedure for summer. It's a different booking system from winter. Just marry the site. Have heard ppl say they have gotten dates in December all ready.
Best of luck

Heybaby12, do you think 3 months will be enough to get A1?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chriswazo(m): 7:08am On Nov 16, 2018
UbiPetrus:

To be on safe side
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by beatmonster(m): 7:21am On Nov 16, 2018
UbiPetrus:

better self
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by beatmonster(m): 7:25am On Nov 16, 2018
Chriswazo:

You get the message, it played out in 2015, just few months into Buhari's tenure, foreign exchange badly went up.
Now Atiku has said yesterday he is going to float Naira not minding the risk of overblown inflation bearing in mind we are import dependent.

They just carry the future of this country dey play ludo.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Koval12(m): 8:41am On Nov 16, 2018
clapper04:
Please house, did anyone apply to the university of regensburg via e-mail? if yes, do I have to send certified copies or just scanned copies of the original documents .

PS: i have sent an e-mail to the department coordinator but i want prompt reply as their deadline is imminent.

Thanks.
I think you should send your documents as a post to the school. I don't think you have to apply via mail. Sent them my application last month.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by blaze007(m): 9:10am On Nov 16, 2018
U will send after applying online.

Sarahgold53:

Is the application solely online? I don't need to send hard copies to them?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by fabiosmart: 9:42am On Nov 16, 2018
Chriswazo:

grin, see as u d quote money, 2000€? That's about 850k, I believe you have funded by now grin

LOL. This is just in response to his question, but you fit carry 500 if you know your way, mind you, you will pay for enrollment, pay your first month rent and some other expenses before you unblock your account

In case you wan help my ministry. I never see half of the money o, Danke
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by clapper04: 10:16am On Nov 16, 2018
Koval12:
I think you should send your documents as a post to the school. I don't think you have to apply via mail. Sent them my application last month.

Applicants have the option of submitting their applications via e-mail, too. i hope you are aware?

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sakasitay(m): 10:27am On Nov 16, 2018
Ogoonna:
Bro abeg which school?? Is it hochschule konstanz??
quote author=Sakasitay post=72908927]Wow hello guys,

It has been a long time. I really suffered before I got my visum. About three weeks after I got my AM.
Thanks be to God, and also my advisers, and even the International Students enrollment officer at my
university. So, I got my visa on the 15th of October. I was supposed to move out Nigeria on 13th October,
but the embassy used my visa to dance shaku shaku. God pass them las las. Their delay cost me extra money
for the rescheduling of my ticket.

Some people can be annoying sha. When I told people about my case, they undermined it by saying - "that I have no problem now",
some people even said that if I can afford to pay tuition fees in Baden-Wuettenberg, then that means I can afford to have my rent
counting, while I haven't arrived Germany. To the Glory of the Lord, my name was announced as the first person for visa collection
that fateful day. (Paulinus my ni^^a lol).

So, I departed on the 19th of October, 22:35 pm and arrived frankfurt 6 O'clock in the morning, before I took my connecting flight to
Stuttgart. Settled down, and even toured the school. Then the following Monday, the real business started. During the first two weeks
of intense, fast-paced and rather confusing lectures, I was doubting myself. I began to have cognitive dissonance (psychological/mental
disturbances that arise after a decision to do something has yielded results). But, I have begun to cope. I am even the only black man from
this whole wide world in my class.

1. When you are coming, ensure that you revise some of the key components of your undergraduate degree program.
2. Come along with your undergraduate research project. You may be asked to defend it again, in front of Oyibo profs (INTIMIDATING!)
3. Don't carry excess luggage. When you reach here, you can buy the appropriate winter jackets and so on.
4. Learn some German, before you arrive. Communication is a problem, if you can't speak "come-and-be-going" level of German.
5. Try to sort out your STW accommodation before heading to Germany, lest you spend your entire money on staying in hotels.
6. Distraction dey here oo. Free internet, beautiful shops, parties here and there. Be guided.

I can't believe that I have become an adviser on this page. Look at me now, about eight months ago, I was still asking for how to navigate
on DAAD.de
Just believe and have the courage to take the risk, and you will be glad you did. Thanks for all the people who made this thread lit. Eke40seven, and his mythbusters, Cassie V for ze tips, Justwise, Dailydollar, shasha, everyone. I will still pop in from time to time, to provide help, in any way I can. Auf wiedersehen alle.

I'm at University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 11:11am On Nov 16, 2018
Chriswazo:

Heybaby12, do you think 3 months will be enough to get A1?
Depends on where you go too. But basically it should
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chriswazo(m): 12:27pm On Nov 16, 2018
fabiosmart:

LOL. This is just in response to his question, but you fit carry 500 if you know your way, mind you, you will pay for enrollment, pay your first month rent and some other expenses before you unblock your account

In case you wan help my ministry. I never see half of the money o, Danke

Ur unblocking time depends on some variable factors of your city. You can unblock within 3 days of arrival o. 1k Euros should be enough pending ur unblocking. Even this 1k na about 420k o, this money no small o.
Hope you are making plans for it o cos is more important, funding ur BA is 70% success o
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chriswazo(m): 12:32pm On Nov 16, 2018
heybaby12:

Depends on where you go too. But basically it should

Meaning I will try to lay hold of it. Problem is Goethe institute is not in my location. I believe it should be cheaper here than paying everything in Euros there.

Heybaby12, most unis offer preparatory German language for international students, is that not up to the A1?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Fabcol(m): 12:46pm On Nov 16, 2018
Pls who knows th Deggendorf application process for bsc international management ..what's on there site and d email I got when I asked is contradiction..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 12:58pm On Nov 16, 2018
Chriswazo:

Meaning I will try to lay hold of it. Problem is Goethe institute is not in my location. I believe it should be cheaper here than paying everything in Euros there.

Heybaby12, most unis offer preparatory German language for international students, is that not up to the A1?
In my school it's inclusive to our module. It's to about A1 level for a semester and if you have A1 already , you go to the next level.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by harkheju(m): 12:59pm On Nov 16, 2018
Tout bsc winter application for deggendorf isn't open yet?

Fabcol:
Pls who knows th Deggendorf application process for bsc international management ..what's on there site and d email I got when I asked is contradiction..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 1:00pm On Nov 16, 2018
Chriswazo:

Ur unblocking time depends on some variable factors of your city. You can unblock within 3 days of arrival o. 1k Euros should be enough pending ur unblocking. Even this 1k na about 420k o, this money no small o.
Hope you are making plans for it o cos is more important, funding ur BA is 70% success o

I travelled with about €500 it was more than enough but that's cos I payed my accomodation from Nigeria. And I unblocked in 4 days cos I used N26 to unblock.

5 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Fabcol(m): 1:29pm On Nov 16, 2018
Yea it is not till April. ..heard vpd is needed..wanted to b sure

harkheju:
Tout bsc winter application for deggendorf isn't open yet?

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by naijacentric(m): 1:58pm On Nov 16, 2018
Chriswazo:

when i was thinking atiku would bring the naira back to 150 to a dollar
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mavrom8: 2:37pm On Nov 16, 2018
Please where can I certify my documents in Lagos?? Am new in Lagos so I don't really know my way around here... If there is a cheap place close to surulere or in Surulere, I will be glad to learn about it.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by fabiosmart: 2:56pm On Nov 16, 2018
Chriswazo:

Like I have said, it depends on how prudent you're with your spending and the bill you need to sort out on the spot e.g accommodation and enrollment, but if you have sorted the mentioned before going you'll be more than fine with 500 as heybabe12 has said.

Baba been hustling hard o.
May God make it for us all

What are you going Msc or Bsc?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dawtune(m): 3:30pm On Nov 16, 2018
mbambah1:
Hi Guys,

I was admitted there too, what course? Sustainable Mining and Remediation Management here.

1. It isn't a must to fund before interview, just create the account, you can fund later on.
2. Go with your proficiency letter, it can be used in lieu of TOEFL/IELTS
3. Not mandatory(is your course in English-medium?)
4. Book via the booking system.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by harkheju(m): 3:43pm On Nov 16, 2018
Go to Ikeja high court

mavrom8:
Please where can I certify my documents in Lagos?? Am new in Lagos so I don't really know my way around here... If there is a cheap place close to surulere or in Surulere, I will be glad to learn about it.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by harkheju(m): 3:51pm On Nov 16, 2018
OK bro..I only know its a restricted course

Fabcol:
Yea it is not till April. ..heard vpd is needed..wanted to b sure

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chy73(f): 4:00pm On Nov 16, 2018
mbambah1:
Hi Guys,
Is it masters course or bsc
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by KunmiRoxitaLTD: 4:02pm On Nov 16, 2018
@harkeju and guru in the house
Please help your fresher with this questions

1. Will I be to aplly for Bsc or MSC with my HND ?

2. If someone help me to fund my Block account , will I be able to return the money to him from the account when I get to Germany ?

3. Must I fund my block account before I go for interview
Or I can just open the account and still pass the interview ?

4. What are the necessary document I need for interview

5. Can I apply for like 10 different schools , if yes
What is the right process ?

6. Please , harkeju and my guru in the house , kindly help
Me list down school without uni assist and TOEFL or itels for Bsc Engineering course.

@harkeju and other gurus am waiting oh grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.