Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,333 members, 7,829,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (591457 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by DemigodZeus147(m): 10:52pm On Feb 07, 2019
arcTY:
Good evening house,
i just got this mail from my admission officer in Germany for my masters prog in Architecture, someone should pls xplain even if it is just the first paragraph alone....

''All applicants must without substitution present certified proof of the following academic achievements;
A completed Bachelor’s degree certificate with an academic thesis listed as such with title on the included transcript describing the study programme taken. Please note that we only use a first degree for entry. Master’s degrees awarded subsequent to a Bachelor’s degree are irrelevant to us''

Except for European Union citizens or graduates, a completed TestAS test (see the TestAS website) in the version for Economics, with a minimum standard score of 111 in at least one of the three subdivisions and at least 101 in the other two subdivisions. You must arrange for your own TestAS test. Candidates from China, Mongolia and Vietnam have to take this test at the respective German Consulate. Please note that in any country, only a few dates in the year are available to do this test. These test results may not be sent to us after the application.

For all candidates, a completed TOEFL test with at least 80 points or a completed IELTS test with a minimum score of 6.0, or evidence of an entire Bachelor’s degree course held in English (excluding those degree courses with English lessons in the curriculum).

Candidates without these tests and results will not be considered. Candidates with these test results and a Bachelor’s degree containing at least 210 European Credit Transfer Points (ECTS) and a mark equivalent to 2,0 or better on the German scale will get preferential entry. All other candidates have to prove special suitability. Special suitability can be proven if the candidate has at least 180 ECTS and a final mark equivalent to at least 2,5 on the German scale, by means of various combinations of several of the following:

a letter of motivation,
graduation from a partner university of Wismar University,
a formal trade apprenticeship of at least three years in a subject relevant to international management,
at least 6 months of international experience by living in a foreign country as an exchange student while studying for the Bachelor’s degree, or as a full-time employee after graduation,
award of any recognised scholarships,
at least 3 months of voluntary (non-commercial) employment at a reputable charitable or other non-profit organisation,
linguistic competence at the European Union level A2 or higher in any of the following foreign languages; any official languages of the European Union (except English), Hindi, Japanese, standard Cantonese, Korean, Modern Standard Chinese, or Russian. These languages do not count if they are officially used in your home country.
An apprenticeship must be proven by submission of a Chamber of Commerce certificate or equivalent. Employment must be proven by means of the employment contract and a recommendation by the employer. Language competence must be proven by an independent and qualified teaching institution. Two different languages from the list can be considered for entry purposes.

My one cent; RUN!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chimax1(m): 10:55pm On Feb 07, 2019
Onyi2728:
Hey guys,

I just received an admission letter for Hochschule Bremen IGC for MBA in International Tourism Management starting in October tho.

Fees is 12,900 euros tho. Deposit of 1,000 euros has to be paid. Anyone in Bremen? Please share what’s the city like. Abi na village �
12,900 euros!! That's well over 5mill plus your BA. Would try an English speaking country if I were you. Good luk and congrats
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 10:57pm On Feb 07, 2019
arcTY:
Good evening house,
i just got this mail from my admission officer in Germany for my masters prog in Architecture, someone should pls xplain even if it is just the first paragraph alone....

''All applicants must without substitution present certified proof of the following academic achievements;
A completed Bachelor’s degree certificate with an academic thesis listed as such with title on the included transcript describing the study programme taken. Please note that we only use a first degree for entry. Master’s degrees awarded subsequent to a Bachelor’s degree are irrelevant to us''

Except for European Union citizens or graduates, a completed TestAS test (see the TestAS website) in the version for Economics, with a minimum standard score of 111 in at least one of the three subdivisions and at least 101 in the other two subdivisions. You must arrange for your own TestAS test. Candidates from China, Mongolia and Vietnam have to take this test at the respective German Consulate. Please note that in any country, only a few dates in the year are available to do this test. These test results may not be sent to us after the application.

For all candidates, a completed TOEFL test with at least 80 points or a completed IELTS test with a minimum score of 6.0, or evidence of an entire Bachelor’s degree course held in English (excluding those degree courses with English lessons in the curriculum).

Candidates without these tests and results will not be considered. Candidates with these test results and a Bachelor’s degree containing at least 210 European Credit Transfer Points (ECTS) and a mark equivalent to 2,0 or better on the German scale will get preferential entry. All other candidates have to prove special suitability. Special suitability can be proven if the candidate has at least 180 ECTS and a final mark equivalent to at least 2,5 on the German scale, by means of various combinations of several of the following:

a letter of motivation,
a formal trade apprenticeship of at least three years in a subject relevant to international management,
at least 6 months of international experience by living in a foreign country as an exchange student while studying for the Bachelor’s degree, or as a full-time employee after graduation,
at least 3 months of voluntary (non-commercial) employment at a reputable charitable or other non-profit organisation,
linguistic competence at the European Union level A2 or higher in any of the following foreign languages; any official languages of the European Union (except English), Hindi, Japanese, standard Cantonese, Korean, Modern Standard Chinese, or Russian. These languages do not count if they are officially used in your home country.
An apprenticeship must be proven by submission of a Chamber of Commerce certificate or equivalent. Employment must be proven by means of the employment contract and a recommendation by the employer. Language competence must be proven by an independent and qualified teaching institution. Two different languages from the list can be considered for entry purposes.
the school accept proficiency letter from your school and also you need to writes testas exam na one German exam like that so find out where you go write the exam coa am sure na like 4 rimes aywar dem go dey write am for naija and them tell you the scores them want 111 for one and 101 for the other Two I think if you no get food grade I for still enter if u package wella nothing again I fit miss something but this na the basec things I think u might be finding hard
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 07, 2019
arcTY:
Good evening house,

a letter of motivation,

is the TestAS only for those 3 countries alone??
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dikolisis: 11:34pm On Feb 07, 2019

2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dolpaz: 11:40pm On Feb 07, 2019
JustCare:

Please reply pm, it's been a while. I lost you guys contact after I hibernated for five years now to finish my degree. My time is here smiley

Hi Bro.. good to read from you.

Thanks for checking up

we are always here to help !
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dolpaz: 11:42pm On Feb 07, 2019
Oladecoolz:

Bro sent you a pm its been a while. surprised you are still actively in the forum, oga tope,godson,eke and co don leave us, went for my bsc.
will be applying this winter

Hi Bro.. I didn´t see your PM

Exam has really gotten hold of me, hence the reason why am just seeing your message.

we still gather full ground for here, just that most times, some life challenges gets you off balance. Eke, TopeAjis, Cindino e.t.c are all doing fine

Thanks for checking up

So you´re ready to fire up right.. Thats nice !
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by NathyBongos: 11:59pm On Feb 07, 2019
Bielefeld University rejected my application in Summer for Masters of Arts in Sociology probably due to the fact that I read English Education as my first degree, gottengen Universitat has said they are going to give me admission letter for Winter but i have to present TOEFL or IELTS result latest april. But basically i gonna be bouncing back as I go come here come give thanksgiving with AM approved as I applied to more schools for Winter Intake on my first degree course and waiting to Write My IELTS comes next month grin tongue.....OGHENEWAKOBIRO
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by vinlyreeks(m): 12:46am On Feb 08, 2019
Deustchemann:
Good evening friends

So, I was at Ikeja high court today to certify additional 1 set of documents. Did all their protocol stuff sha. I was asked to type out one letter with a format given to me. The person I was directed to made me pay #500, just to type and print one letter. I boiled inside but my good boy part was very dominant today. That cut my money to 1,500. But I was still okay since I was doing 7 pages, so I thought I'll have #100 left to board bus to Oshodi grin. I got back to the commissioner of oaths and he began to put the price on my documents. He got to my waec Certificate and saw I made photocopy of only front page, he said "this should be front and back". Thank God I had a spare copy of a front and back copy, so I just gave him. Only for him to write #200 at the back of the waec photocopy too.. That meant I was to pay #1600. My pupils constricted angry..
I had to trek to LASUTH to use ATM, then I came back to pay them.

It was in the middle of this hectic travails that I received a mail from Hoschule Bonn-Rein-Sieg telling me they rejected my application for MSc Biomedical Sciences. I just smiled. These ones think they can spoil mood for me.. for every 1 rejected Application, there are 10 waiting to be sent.

Las Las, all of us go dey okay.
I'm back to Ibadan sha.
Anyone that wants to send documents to uni-assist on or before Monday within Ibadan, kindly send a PM.

Imagine me that was saying embassy is more stressful...
Bro thank God you did it lastly... Lucks on your applications
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ishaq96: 2:56am On Feb 08, 2019
elvisddon:
my status on the portal showed rejected today..they said they would send my rejection letter via mail

I’m so sorry bro. Please don’t give up, try other schools in Germany.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kloneboi: 3:20am On Feb 08, 2019
DUTCHKID awfa? are you still going for mmt at tu Bergakademie FREIBERG?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 6:02am On Feb 08, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

Please, this one you did at Ikeja,how is it like?
The commissioner of oaths will stamp and sign it for you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 6:02am On Feb 08, 2019
Adhheir:

Sorry about the reject bro, admission/acceptance is just around the corner.

Amen. Thanks a lot bro cheesy
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 6:03am On Feb 08, 2019
SSamuelo:
I applied for the same course but yet to get any mail from them.

Maybe you should chill a bit, you'll definitely be contacted
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 6:05am On Feb 08, 2019
bodyco:

So sorry to hear about the rejection bro... I thought they were going to decide on it by March ending. Or is it a case of not meeting the full requirements?
They said I didn't have credit points in some courses..
I con dey wonder whether dem want make person read the whole world for BSc.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 6:06am On Feb 08, 2019
noblealuu:
Okay that's fine, and you had to pay application fee for all three?
I wasn't required to pay Application fee
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 6:06am On Feb 08, 2019
vinlyreeks:

Imagine me that was saying embassy is more stressful...
Bro thank God you did it lastly... Lucks on your applications
Amen. Thanks man.
Na embassy sure pass oh. No stress at all cheesy grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 6:07am On Feb 08, 2019
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 6:07am On Feb 08, 2019
bodyco:

How is the process of application like.. Mehn, the mata just look complex for me
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 6:15am On Feb 08, 2019
bodyco:

How is the process of application like.. Mehn, the mata just look complex for me
It requires both online and offline application.
Visit campo.fau.de on your browser. If you're using your phone, put the browser in PC mode.
I attached some pictures from my jotter that can help.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Onyi2728(f): 6:30am On Feb 08, 2019
Understood Bro but which English speaking country will give me 18 months post study work visa aside Ireland, I dun wanna go there, still all the Management courses I applied for last winter semester received a rejection. 5 of them except the one from Gisma who gave me sharperply since I had to pay 15k euros. I turned it down though.
Most Management courses are competitive especially on tuition free universities.
chimax1:
12,900 euros!! That's well over 5mill plus your BA. Would try an English speaking country if I were you. Good luk and congrats
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dutchkid: 6:46am On Feb 08, 2019
Seems that is where i will be going to last last oooo. I got admitted to Dortmund but in a german language taught course and i am no proficient in Deutsche. I have mail the school seeking for advice but no reply. If that is the only admission you have make you take am oooo. I go take am if it is the only one atleast MMT is just 1 and 1/2years. How far you don go for interview? I try office line e no go
Kloneboi:
DUTCHKID awfa? are you still going for mmt at tu Bergakademie FREIBERG?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by princetigris(m): 7:15am On Feb 08, 2019
Onyi2728:
Understood Bro but which English speaking country will give me 18 months post study work visa aside Ireland, I dun wanna go there, still all the Management courses I applied for last winter semester received a rejection. 5 of them except the one from Gisma who gave me sharperply since I had to pay 15k euros. I turned it down though.
Most Management courses are competitive especially on tuition free universities.
try HTW Dresden, OVGU Magdeburg and thank me later.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by omoluka: 7:28am On Feb 08, 2019
Good morning peeps, please, what is the age cap for admission into an undergraduate program in Germany?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Saintzykie: 7:38am On Feb 08, 2019
arcTY:
Good evening house,

a letter of motivation,
na for professorship or permanent residence? This is too much joor
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by bodyco: 7:39am On Feb 08, 2019
Deustchemann:

It requires both online and offline application.
Visit campo.fau.de on your browser. If you're using your phone, put the browser in PC mode.
I attached some pictures from my jotter that can help.
Thanks for this post
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by vinlyreeks(m): 8:01am On Feb 08, 2019
Onyi2728:

What's wrong with Ireland?... It's a nice study destination tho
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 8:07am On Feb 08, 2019
bodyco:

Thanks for this post
You're welcome brother
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 8:08am On Feb 08, 2019
omoluka:
Good morning peeps, please, what is the age cap for admission into an undergraduate program in Germany?
There's no age cap bro. So far you're ready to study, and you have all the requirements.
People in their thirties were admitted and they got their visas
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by omoluka: 8:13am On Feb 08, 2019
Deustchemann:

There's no age cap bro. So far you're ready to study, and you have all the requirements.
People in their thirties were admitted and they got their visas
That's great ,thanks bro

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ndkings1(m): 8:21am On Feb 08, 2019
dailydolar:
5 unit means 5 contact hour per week sir but my own I no get time to waste so I always multiply my credit unit by 1.5 or 2 to convert to ECTS so that what I did and it work

That's what I usually do... I sum up the total number units for all the semesters from year 1 to 4 and multiply by 1.5
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 8:27am On Feb 08, 2019
Onyi2728:

onyi can you patiently wait for winter semester. There are lots of management courses to choose from. I believe one or two will favor you nevertheless if you package your application very well.

Moreover there's is this kofi Annan scholarship for management and MBA as well. And they really encourage application mostly from women from developing countries like ours. Pls try to explore that route also. if you need any inputs do not hesitate to ask.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.