Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. (39149 Views)

Uniben Final Year Graduating Student Spray Money After Final Year Semester Exam / Timi Adelakun Breaks South Broward School's Records With A Record-Setting GPA / PLS Help, I Had A GPA Of 3.82 In 100 Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Badgers14: 9:20pm On Jun 24, 2018
Amakababe:
My name is Amaka afuzor, and i am a student of Federal university of technology minna. Mechanical engineering. 100 level

Before you accuse me of being dull, I had a 204 in JAMB.
I always wanted a first class, but
I decided to check my result yesterday only to see F parallel and some good grades out of 10 courses.
Pls am 22 and I need to pass so I can get a good job after graduation.
I know I didn't give my books much attention this semester.

I am confused because I will be asked to withdraw if I get a cgpa less than 2.0 on a scale of 5 after second semester and don't meet the 10-8-8 requirement which I am very far from.

CAN I GRADUATE WITH A FIRST CLASS STILL?
Tell me the honest truth, I can handle it.

Pls who knows how many percentage of final cgpa the first year performance takes In futminna

You might want to erase your name from this post. I don't think it is a good idea to type your full mame
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Folashade2016(f): 9:20pm On Jun 24, 2018
This is really serious.
check my SIGNATURE
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Folashade2016(f): 9:20pm On Jun 24, 2018
This is really serious.
check my SIGNATURE
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by zicoraads: 9:21pm On Jun 24, 2018
DanXplore:

Amaka, you need a fresh start. I honestly do not think you are suited for engineering.
Incidentally, I graduated from Futminna, from the department of chemical engineering
Why did you pass this sweeping judgement? She isn't suited for the course?
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Comeandcollect: 9:24pm On Jun 24, 2018
I have personal details of your Hod, i can press a few buttons and put you back on track for First class
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by vanhelsing1(m): 9:24pm On Jun 24, 2018
Amakababe:
My name is Amaka afuzor, and i am a student of Federal university of technology minna. Mechanical engineering. 100 level

I decided to check my result yesterday only to see F parallel and some good grades out of 10 courses.

I am confused because I will be asked to withdraw if I get a cgpa less than 2.0 on a scale of 5 after second semester and don't meet the 10-8-8 requirement which I am very far from.

Pls who knows how many percentage of final cgpa the first year performance takes In futminna

ma dear FRIEND...forget bat first class....its impossible to hit it considering d carry overs u have hot...evn a 2:1 requires a complete turn around for u...I min 360 turn around...if u kw......u kw...
b wise...
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by michigano(m): 9:24pm On Jun 24, 2018
Hi amaka... I'm a 500level student of electrical electronics dept... Why not meet me in Bosso so I can figure a way out for you
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by collinometricx: 9:25pm On Jun 24, 2018
Benblaq :
wise up, life na per нєad.

му fανσυяιтє qυσтє
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by jaksmillioniar: 9:26pm On Jun 24, 2018
ibo girl education us not for evrybody go registered in baby factry
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Engrr(m): 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2018
Don't be fooled! The easiest level to gather grades in Engineering is the First Year where you do the basic sciences. Having a grade of less than 2 (Pass) in the fist year obviously confirms that you are not fit for Engineering!...better look for a natural science course to end up graduating with 3rd class or Pass in Engineering!
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by pxjosh(m): 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2018
Goddd this girl want to finish me with laugh
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by seyoops4u: 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2018
Well, it's not about what you had in Jamb but what you can offer or better still how you can proof to yourself that you're better than what you had and you can do better.

I'd have advised you to call for your papers but it seems you're not even sure of yourself, so dont dare.

Trust me, 100L in University is foundation and key. Most times, what you'll grad depends on what you have in 100 L but you can change that with serious hard work
Amakababe:

Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Demmzy15(m): 9:29pm On Jun 24, 2018
DanXplore:

Op, others will not tell you the truth but I will.

Your brain is full of fufu.

I would have suggested farming but you might kill all the crops
grin grin Very unfair!!!!
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by boborneyor(m): 9:30pm On Jun 24, 2018
Amakababe:

Since you already know you can no longer be an engineering student because of 10.8.8....Just strive hard this semester to get a better result so that you can easily get a department that will accept you next session. But getting FIRST CLASS with this kind of result is going to be hard.....Never joke with this statement (FUT MX NO BE SHERESHERE OH).....Goodluck
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by MaziOmenuko: 9:31pm On Jun 24, 2018
0.2 CGPA? Is that even possible? You possibly had at least 7 'F' out of 9 courses?

Madam, your first class aspirations are misplaced. Your first concern is not to be sent packing from the dept. You are lucky your school practice this system where first year doesn't contribute to 20% of your CGPA. If you had schooled at places where your 1st year carried equal weight with other years, you would be talking of extra years to clear up those F's and maybe manage a 2'2.

Honestly, if I were you, I'd opt to repeat year 1 in another faculty: chose courses you can cope with and not Mech Engr. If you are having F in ordinary math, phy, ich, Csc and GS courses, what awaits you in 2nd year will be more bloody. You will have to do intro of all Engr courses ranging from fluid Mech, EE, thermodynamics, Engr drawing and designs, strength of material and others.

Go to social sciences or mgt sciences and pick a course you can easily cope with and graduate in 4yrs time.

3 Likes

Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Demmzy15(m): 9:31pm On Jun 24, 2018
goldfish80:
Parallel Fs mean you have to re take those courses as carry over courses which will add to your overall credit load.
If anybody is giving you hope for a first class, the person isn't being honest. It will be in your best interest to repeat the semester and start afresh since you're in first year. You're starring down a rabbit hole if you're hoping for a miracle first class.
This is the only possible way!
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by thanknairaland1: 9:31pm On Jun 24, 2018
leave ur boy(s) friend and marry God and ur books.
bitter truth.
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by linearity: 9:31pm On Jun 24, 2018
It’s possible, but it’s a very tall task and more likely than not, that you might not make a first class.

For starters, I believe FUT Mx, takes the better grades for identical courses when computing final grades....I could be wrong, but you can ask around.

That is, e.g. if you get an F in day GST100 and retake the course, then get an A; when computing final graduating CGPA, they will use the grade for A...Also since you are in pre-SEET, many of the 100 level courses will not be considered when computing your graduating CGPA, but you must pass them and many are prerequisites to either other courses or when considering accepting you into SEET in 300levels.

While I say, it might not be possible is GPA of 0.2, clearly shows that you are overwhelmed and can’t cope...Even a 2.1 is near impossible in a situation like this.... that GPA meant you flunk 9 courses with an F and got a D on the 10th course....Even if you didn’t study for the exams at all, that performance is near impossible to top.
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 24, 2018
Amakababe:
thanks

Relocate ASAP to school hostel so that u ll get enough ginger to build up ur CGPA...

I knw u clubbed so hard and probably those friends u r staying r massively influencing u....##it's too late sha to amend ur ways
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Fruitydemo(m): 9:33pm On Jun 24, 2018
Amakababe:

me i av personal advice for you......if it is in the futminna DAT I am.....2.1is stl possible..... but u av to remain focus foreva.....u will surely spend extra year in skul DAT if u are serious oooo.....I feel ur pain
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by ajayiopy: 9:33pm On Jun 24, 2018
Guy i attended university of technology ,akure and my first Gpa was 3.15 and i graduated with 4.01. I studied Mechanical too but to be honest with you 200 level is the core engineering courses like fluids mechanics ,applied mechanics ,strength of materials ,materials science ,just to mention a few. If you will take to my advice ,just analyse your ability for engineering and if you are convinced ,inform your parents of the current situation and just obtain new Jamb and start afresh . The best graduating student in my set had similar experience from OSUA and later came to FUTA and graduated with 4.61 is in shell today.He even got ptdf scholarship for M.Sc and Cheven for PHD. Guy u have experience now and affliction shall not rise the second time
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by jidestroud(m): 9:34pm On Jun 24, 2018
Amakababe:

Honestly, you can graduate with a first class but it involves letting go an academic calendar year. You will have to either repeat \ change your program or take Jamb and start all over again. A Grade Point of 0.2 as no lifelines. You can't recover from that no matter the hardwork. A fresh start is all you need. Believe me, I have been there. It's indeed a difficult decision to make when you see your peer group leave you behind but note, delay in life isn't denial. We all have our individual time to achieve in life. I was once bottom of the food chain back then in school until I discovered myself and became a force to reckon with. You may be a slow starter in life but you just have to give it your best.

I could help you with my approach to liberating myself academically if you don't mind. I have been there and it's a different ball game now.

2 Likes

Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Yusuf54: 9:34pm On Jun 24, 2018
Pls dont be deceived,U graduating with First Class is highly impossible, 0.2 out of 5.0..Oh gal that is really bad..But u can still graduate with second class n that is if U can have nothing less than 4.8 in ur other Semesters
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by phase1: 9:35pm On Jun 24, 2018
You can get disowned from some families with a GPA such as that. To be real, the chances of you making a first class have been blown away. If you are in relationship better dump it and marry your books. In fact start breathing, eating, and sleep with your books. Set Exams for yourself everyday and try to pass them without looking into books. Pass questions are key.

When are going to finish writing all those carry overs. Girl there is a high risk you'll even get an extra year if you don't sit.
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by MaziOmenuko: 9:35pm On Jun 24, 2018
Engrr:
Don't be fooled! The easiest level to gather grades in Engineering is the First Year where you do the basic sciences. Having a grade of less than 2 (Pass) in the fist year obviously confirms that you are not fit for Engineering!...better look for a natural science course to end up graduating with 3rd class or Pass in Engineering!

Exactly! 1st year that is a repitiion of ss3 science syllabus is where she is packing F's like that. It's better she opts out for a course within her ability than spend 8yrs in Engr faculty with a 3rd class to show for it.
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by baconline(m): 9:35pm On Jun 24, 2018
A 5.0 GPA next semester will only get u to 2.6 CGPA, it gets harder as u go up, I can do the whole calculation for u buy its not realistic
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by manikspears: 9:36pm On Jun 24, 2018
Pls kindly give up,not school or admission o but the whole session, better luck next session.
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Awoleesu(m): 9:37pm On Jun 24, 2018
ODOSKY! OLOFO!
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by PamaB(m): 9:37pm On Jun 24, 2018
Madam! Pls always tell your self the truth. You are not even a second class upper candidate. Face realities and stop dreaming. For your information a second class upper material will not attend year one classes but will still pass very well.

1 Like

Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by jrklinz: 9:38pm On Jun 24, 2018
Get serious wit ur studies, simple!we all know wat 2 do at sum point in life & wat we want & still wont go 4 it.or do u want 2 open ur legs 4 a lecturer so u pass?stress dat few years u have left it will pay eventually in future.
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by bahaushe1: 9:39pm On Jun 24, 2018
First class is very very unlikely. Your main concern now should be avoiding probation. No one will withdraw you at the end of second semester because of poor CGPA; the usual practice is to place you on probation against 200l.

However, you can still graduate with good grade if you do the needful.
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 24, 2018
Amakababe:
ok
I will

If you could mail pictures of all your courses and credit units from first year to final year to iluucid@gmail.com, I could do the calculations and advise you adequately. Best wishes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Afe Babalola University Commissions Senate Building - The White Rock / Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student / Did JAMB Really Jam Me? Can I Still Get Admission This Year? Please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.